I mean sub-bass vibration. I think you'd be pretty hard-pressed to find any song with which the ES10 is over-crowded in low frequency. It's not bass-deficient by any means, but the overall sound of the ES10 is still clean and lean with more midrange emphasis. I don't know how to best describe it, but if you have heard a DT880, then the ES10 sounds essentially like that... with more forward midrange, a bit less treble energy, and a more closed soundstage.
- productAudio Technica ATH-A900X | Art Monitor Headphones (Japan Import)tagged by System, 11/18/12
- productAudio-Technica ATH-ES10 EarSuit Headphonestagged by System, 11/18/12
- productAudio-Technica ATH-ESW9Atagged by System, 11/18/12
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 - 32 Ohmtagged by System, 11/18/12
- productBeyerdynamic DT770 Pro Limited Edition 32 Ohmtagged by System, 11/18/12
- productbeyerdynamic T50ptagged by System, 11/18/12
- productBeyerdynamic Tesla DT 1350tagged by System, 11/18/12
- productDenon AHD2000 High Performance Over-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 11/18/12
- productDenon AH-D5000 Reference Headphonestagged by System, 11/18/12
- productDenon AH-D600tagged by System, 11/18/12More
- productV-MODA Crossfade M-80tagged by System, 11/18/12
Related Forum Threads
- Best closed Headphones within $300- $450 Last post on 5/9/13 at 11:43pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Anything with zero noise bleed? Up to $400 or so Last post on 12/10/12 at 10:54pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphones for rap/hip hop using iPhone!? Last post on 9/22/12 at 1:06am in Headphones (full-size)
- The Battle of the Portables - A review of my headphones: Audio Technica ATH-ES10 vs. ESW9A vs.... Last post on 3/14/14 at 5:18pm in Headphones (full-size)
- WTB/WTT for Ultrasone Edition or Signature, Denon AH-D950, Beyer T5P, And others.... Last post on 7/22/13 at 3:18pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 8/29/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Is the ATH-ES10 what I want for Christmas? - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
And I'm not saying all that to make the ES10 "sound" better than it actually is, by the way.
The Denon DX000s are perfectly valid and competitive alternatives to ES10. If you value a larger soundstage, and more residual sub bass, then the Denons are still far better at those angles than the ES10.
No. It has about the same amount of impact as the Denons in my opinions. And that's quite something. The Denon DX000s have probably some of the most powerful bass impact in their price range.
I sold my Denon D5000's and I love the ATH-ES10. Just for the record I think the ATH-ES10 has tighter and nicer quality bass. However it's not the 50Hz sub-bass kind if that's what you're after.
I listened to Tonight by Joe. Uh yeah, the ATH-ES10 sounds excellent here, I don't know, I think you might be disappointed by the slight lack of sub-bass though.
If you want a nice sub-bass headphone with nice vocals and highs in that order, part of me is saying check out the -deleted-
Hmm, then there are IEM's which will... wait...
--- fetching IEM ---
Lol, OK I listened to that song again, Tonight by Joe. Trust me I know what you want, it's the JVC FXD80. That IEM destroys the ES10 and Denon's in sub-bass impact and quality, I'm not even kidding, at all, either!
Edited by kiteki - 11/22/12 at 3:39pm
Well the D5000 is much more refined and musical, the ES10 is, well I've written a lot about it in the ES10 thread.
As an IEM, the FXD80 has a more intimate presentation, and the FXD80 sub-bass and 10kHz spike are quite intense. It suits RnB and vocals if you can handle it's flow.
Ah OK I see then. =)
I've only heard the D5000, people say the D2000 has tighter bass, and that they sound very similar. If the price difference is significant go for the D2000. =)
The Denon Dx000 series is a pretty safe investment, not many people dislike them that's for sure. Look at the amazon reviews of the D5000 lol.
I've actually been reading the opposite regarding the D2000 and the D5000, saying the D5000 has tighter bass than the D2000.
Edited by Hydrocharged - 11/24/12 at 7:36am
- Is the ATH-ES10 what I want for Christmas?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Aune T1 USB Tube DAC+Amp Discussion Thread ***See first post for... 43 seconds ago
- › Attaching an Astell & Kern AK100 II to a Heaphone Amp Using a... 1 minute ago
- › Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics! 2 minutes ago
- › Westone W60 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › 6SN7 Tube Addicts 3 minutes ago
- › The Reference 6SN7 Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners 4 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 5 minutes ago
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 IEM 5 minutes ago
- › Narmoo's NEW S1 Dual dynamic supremus! 6 minutes ago
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by smellyfungus
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by hans030390
- › Fostex TH 900 by archeryc
- › AKG K 550 by Ufasas
- › Garage1217 Project Polaris by Asr
- › Bose QuietComfort 20i Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphones by dbdchc
- › Rega RP3 by Nhubley
- › Woo Audio 2 by Nhubley
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by razor5cl
- › Aune M1 Hi-Fi Wav Player by wtnwin111
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)