I mean sub-bass vibration. I think you'd be pretty hard-pressed to find any song with which the ES10 is over-crowded in low frequency. It's not bass-deficient by any means, but the overall sound of the ES10 is still clean and lean with more midrange emphasis. I don't know how to best describe it, but if you have heard a DT880, then the ES10 sounds essentially like that... with more forward midrange, a bit less treble energy, and a more closed soundstage.
- productAudio Technica ATH-A900X | Art Monitor Headphones (Japan Import)tagged by System, 11/18/12
- productAudio-Technica ATH-ES10 EarSuit Headphonestagged by System, 11/18/12
- productAudio-Technica ATH-ESW9Atagged by System, 11/18/12
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 - 32 Ohmtagged by System, 11/18/12
- productBeyerdynamic DT770 Pro Limited Edition 32 Ohmtagged by System, 11/18/12
- productbeyerdynamic T50ptagged by System, 11/18/12
- productBeyerdynamic Tesla DT 1350tagged by System, 11/18/12
- productDenon AHD2000 High Performance Over-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 11/18/12
- productDenon AH-D5000 Reference Headphonestagged by System, 11/18/12
- productDenon AH-D600tagged by System, 11/18/12More
- productV-MODA Crossfade M-80tagged by System, 11/18/12
Related Forum Threads
- Best closed Headphones within $300- $450 Last post on 5/9/13 at 11:43pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Anything with zero noise bleed? Up to $400 or so Last post on 12/10/12 at 10:54pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphones for rap/hip hop using iPhone!? Last post on 9/22/12 at 1:06am in Headphones (full-size)
- The Battle of the Portables - A review of my headphones: Audio Technica ATH-ES10 vs. ESW9A vs.... Last post on 3/14/14 at 5:18pm in Headphones (full-size)
- WTB/WTT for Ultrasone Edition or Signature, Denon AH-D950, Beyer T5P, And others.... Last post on 7/22/13 at 3:18pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 7/11/14
i never usually write reviews, but when i do, its usually with underrated earphones/headphones, because i think they do deserve some justice. just a background, i own headphones like brainwavz,...
Rather than go into the esoteric aspects of the sound signature (not really sure if all the nomenclature actually means the same thing to everyone) I'm going to approach this review from a little...
Got a good local deal on these as the are being replaced by the SoundTrue variant, which as far as I can tell, only adds a case and different colors. The Bose AE2 are a very lightweight...
RockJaw is an up and coming headphone company from Great Britain starting strong with a huge lineup. The Alfa Genus is one of their midrange offerings and offers a certain special something that is...
Bought the active noise cancelling version of these as a daily deal on Amazon for <$20. Active noise cancelling completely broken on both my original unit and the replacement - so on one hand...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Is the ATH-ES10 what I want for Christmas? - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
And I'm not saying all that to make the ES10 "sound" better than it actually is, by the way.
The Denon DX000s are perfectly valid and competitive alternatives to ES10. If you value a larger soundstage, and more residual sub bass, then the Denons are still far better at those angles than the ES10.
No. It has about the same amount of impact as the Denons in my opinions. And that's quite something. The Denon DX000s have probably some of the most powerful bass impact in their price range.
I sold my Denon D5000's and I love the ATH-ES10. Just for the record I think the ATH-ES10 has tighter and nicer quality bass. However it's not the 50Hz sub-bass kind if that's what you're after.
I listened to Tonight by Joe. Uh yeah, the ATH-ES10 sounds excellent here, I don't know, I think you might be disappointed by the slight lack of sub-bass though.
If you want a nice sub-bass headphone with nice vocals and highs in that order, part of me is saying check out the -deleted-
Hmm, then there are IEM's which will... wait...
--- fetching IEM ---
Lol, OK I listened to that song again, Tonight by Joe. Trust me I know what you want, it's the JVC FXD80. That IEM destroys the ES10 and Denon's in sub-bass impact and quality, I'm not even kidding, at all, either!
Edited by kiteki - 11/22/12 at 3:39pm
Well the D5000 is much more refined and musical, the ES10 is, well I've written a lot about it in the ES10 thread.
As an IEM, the FXD80 has a more intimate presentation, and the FXD80 sub-bass and 10kHz spike are quite intense. It suits RnB and vocals if you can handle it's flow.
Ah OK I see then. =)
I've only heard the D5000, people say the D2000 has tighter bass, and that they sound very similar. If the price difference is significant go for the D2000. =)
The Denon Dx000 series is a pretty safe investment, not many people dislike them that's for sure. Look at the amazon reviews of the D5000 lol.
I've actually been reading the opposite regarding the D2000 and the D5000, saying the D5000 has tighter bass than the D2000.
Edited by Hydrocharged - 11/24/12 at 7:36am
- Is the ATH-ES10 what I want for Christmas?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition 10 seconds ago
- › $999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage 11 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 2 minutes ago
- › Recommendations Please: Workhorse CD Player Cheap 3 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 5 minutes ago
- › Price includes shipping AK240 Excellent condition with box and... 6 minutes ago
- › Headphone and gear selection, unclear purchasing path 6 minutes ago
- › Scary Music 7 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 7 minutes ago
- › Philips SHL5905BK/28 CitiScape Uptown by emanlee
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by shockdoc
- › Bose®AE2 audio headphones by Blinxat
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by Ishcabible
- › Phiaton PS 20 Half In-Ear Premium Earphone (Glossy Black) by DrikTheTroll
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Currawong
- › JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black by wpfloridian
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by VanCitySound
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by Nada190
- › ASUS Essence STX II by raymond555
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)