I mean sub-bass vibration. I think you'd be pretty hard-pressed to find any song with which the ES10 is over-crowded in low frequency. It's not bass-deficient by any means, but the overall sound of the ES10 is still clean and lean with more midrange emphasis. I don't know how to best describe it, but if you have heard a DT880, then the ES10 sounds essentially like that... with more forward midrange, a bit less treble energy, and a more closed soundstage.
- itemAudio Technica ATH A900X Art Monitor Headphones Japan Import
- itemAudio Technica ATH ES10 EarSuit Headphones
- itemAudio Technica ATH ESW9A
- itemBeyerdynamic DT 770 32 Ohm
- itemBeyerdynamic DT770 Pro Limited Edition 32 Ohm
- itemBeyerdynamic T50p
- itemBeyerdynamic Tesla DT 1350
- itemDenon AHD2000 High Performance Over Ear Headphones
- itemDenon AH D5000 Reference Headphones
- itemDenon AH D600
- itemV MODA Crossfade M 80
Related Forum Threads
- Best closed Headphones within $300- $450 Last post on 5/9/13 at 11:43pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Anything with zero noise bleed? Up to $400 or so Last post on 12/10/12 at 10:54pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphones for rap/hip hop using iPhone!? Last post on 9/22/12 at 1:06am in Headphones (full-size)
- Any good headphones for Rap/Hip Hop/Other Genres? Last post on 2/14/13 at 7:16pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best Portable Headphones for Dubstep? Last post on 1/31/13 at 3:57pm in Headphones (full-size)
Related Head Gear
Upon initial listening with these buds, I was rather unimpressed as I heard the rather familiar bloated mid-bass, sharp highs, and lack of mids that SKDY's old line carried. Then I realized that...
The VSD1 is the latest in a rather long line of budget in ear monitors including the VC02, GR99, GR02 and others that promises high quality sound for around $50 or so. While I haven’t had...
I tried a few Grado's —didn't like the Grado house sound—, a few Senn's —HD650 left a good impression—, a few lower-end AT's —I thought the AD700 were impressive for the price— and after reading...
In my recent quest for a new set of cans, I took a slight detour into the land of flashy prosumer headphones, in the form of the HK CL. The only reason I tried a pair was the price: half off,...
The Creative Aurvana Live! solved a major problem for me—how to listen to good audio while walking the dog at night. I live near a commercial and bar district in Center City, Philadelphia and I'm...
Is the ATH-ES10 what I want for Christmas? - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
And I'm not saying all that to make the ES10 "sound" better than it actually is, by the way.
The Denon DX000s are perfectly valid and competitive alternatives to ES10. If you value a larger soundstage, and more residual sub bass, then the Denons are still far better at those angles than the ES10.
No. It has about the same amount of impact as the Denons in my opinions. And that's quite something. The Denon DX000s have probably some of the most powerful bass impact in their price range.
I sold my Denon D5000's and I love the ATH-ES10. Just for the record I think the ATH-ES10 has tighter and nicer quality bass. However it's not the 50Hz sub-bass kind if that's what you're after.
I listened to Tonight by Joe. Uh yeah, the ATH-ES10 sounds excellent here, I don't know, I think you might be disappointed by the slight lack of sub-bass though.
If you want a nice sub-bass headphone with nice vocals and highs in that order, part of me is saying check out the -deleted-
Hmm, then there are IEM's which will... wait...
--- fetching IEM ---
Lol, OK I listened to that song again, Tonight by Joe. Trust me I know what you want, it's the JVC FXD80. That IEM destroys the ES10 and Denon's in sub-bass impact and quality, I'm not even kidding, at all, either!
Edited by kiteki - 11/22/12 at 3:39pm
Well the D5000 is much more refined and musical, the ES10 is, well I've written a lot about it in the ES10 thread.
As an IEM, the FXD80 has a more intimate presentation, and the FXD80 sub-bass and 10kHz spike are quite intense. It suits RnB and vocals if you can handle it's flow.
Ah OK I see then. =)
I've only heard the D5000, people say the D2000 has tighter bass, and that they sound very similar. If the price difference is significant go for the D2000. =)
The Denon Dx000 series is a pretty safe investment, not many people dislike them that's for sure. Look at the amazon reviews of the D5000 lol.
I've actually been reading the opposite regarding the D2000 and the D5000, saying the D5000 has tighter bass than the D2000.
Edited by Hydrocharged - 11/24/12 at 7:36am
- Is the ATH-ES10 what I want for Christmas?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Which budget CIEM (custom in ear monitor)? 35 seconds ago
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 59 seconds ago
- › Music Game IX 1 minute ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 1 minute ago
- › 2359glenn | studio 1 minute ago
- › Songs that make your headphone WOOOOOW!!! 2 minutes ago
- › If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you... 2 minutes ago
- › Jitter Correlation to Audibility 3 minutes ago
- › Meier Audio Quickstep (also Stepdance and 2Stepdance) Discussion... 3 minutes ago
- › Woo Audio WA6 3 minutes ago
- › Skullcandy S2SYDA-008 Merge Earbud Headphones - Black/Chrome by KodaO
- › VSONIC VSD1 by TheGame21x
- › Audio Technica W5000 by the wizard of oz
- › Harmon Kardon Classic On-Ear Headphones by imagic
- › Creative Aurvana Live! Headphones by imagic
- › JBL J33 Premium In-Ear Headphones - Black by Aakash
- › Hisoundaudio Wooduo 2 by iern
- › Apple iPod classic 160 GB Silver (7th Generation) NEWEST MODEL by jensy
- › Sony MDR-V55/BR DJ style Headphones by dietcoke2am
- › Creative Sound Blaster Tactic 3D Sigma USB Gaming Headset by imagic
- › Syncing music and making playlists work with... by Currawong
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe