I mean sub-bass vibration. I think you'd be pretty hard-pressed to find any song with which the ES10 is over-crowded in low frequency. It's not bass-deficient by any means, but the overall sound of the ES10 is still clean and lean with more midrange emphasis. I don't know how to best describe it, but if you have heard a DT880, then the ES10 sounds essentially like that... with more forward midrange, a bit less treble energy, and a more closed soundstage.
- productAudio Technica ATH-A900X | Art Monitor Headphones (Japan Import)tagged by System, 11/18/12
- productAudio-Technica ATH-ES10 EarSuit Headphonestagged by System, 11/18/12
- productAudio-Technica ATH-ESW9Atagged by System, 11/18/12
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 - 32 Ohmtagged by System, 11/18/12
- productBeyerdynamic DT770 Pro Limited Edition 32 Ohmtagged by System, 11/18/12
- productbeyerdynamic T50ptagged by System, 11/18/12
- productBeyerdynamic Tesla DT 1350tagged by System, 11/18/12
- productDenon AHD2000 High Performance Over-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 11/18/12
- productDenon AH-D5000 Reference Headphonestagged by System, 11/18/12
- productDenon AH-D600tagged by System, 11/18/12More
- productV-MODA Crossfade M-80tagged by System, 11/18/12
Related Forum Threads
- Best closed Headphones within $300- $450 Last post on 5/9/13 at 11:43pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Anything with zero noise bleed? Up to $400 or so Last post on 12/10/12 at 10:54pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphones for rap/hip hop using iPhone!? Last post on 9/22/12 at 1:06am in Headphones (full-size)
- The Battle of the Portables - A review of my headphones: Audio Technica ATH-ES10 vs. ESW9A vs.... Last post on 3/14/14 at 5:18pm in Headphones (full-size)
- WTB/WTT for Ultrasone Edition or Signature, Denon AH-D950, Beyer T5P, And others.... Last post on 7/22/13 at 3:18pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
First and foremost, I have experience with several different headphones, namely much of the Ultrasone series (Pro 900, Pro 750), Denon D2000, D5000, and Fostex TH600. I mainly deal with closed back...
The housing has a rounder shape then the vsd3/5 and i much prefer it this way. While the shape and looks is simple, it does not feel very cheap. The diamond cut shape on the vsd3/5 seems a little...
This review is for Master & Dynamic MH30 over the ear. My name is Adam I am a 38 years old headphone and iem collector. I don't consider myself an audiophile but have been into music and audio...
This little player can take a beating. I am not careful with this device and I've dropped it many times on all types of surfaces and it keeps going. I have had my player for nearly 3 years now and...
I've always looked into "budget-fi" since I've got more interested in proper headphones thus making me get the CALs, Takstar Pro 80s and now the Somic MH463. I will be doing some direct comparisons...
Is the ATH-ES10 what I want for Christmas? - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
And I'm not saying all that to make the ES10 "sound" better than it actually is, by the way.
The Denon DX000s are perfectly valid and competitive alternatives to ES10. If you value a larger soundstage, and more residual sub bass, then the Denons are still far better at those angles than the ES10.
No. It has about the same amount of impact as the Denons in my opinions. And that's quite something. The Denon DX000s have probably some of the most powerful bass impact in their price range.
I sold my Denon D5000's and I love the ATH-ES10. Just for the record I think the ATH-ES10 has tighter and nicer quality bass. However it's not the 50Hz sub-bass kind if that's what you're after.
I listened to Tonight by Joe. Uh yeah, the ATH-ES10 sounds excellent here, I don't know, I think you might be disappointed by the slight lack of sub-bass though.
If you want a nice sub-bass headphone with nice vocals and highs in that order, part of me is saying check out the -deleted-
Hmm, then there are IEM's which will... wait...
--- fetching IEM ---
Lol, OK I listened to that song again, Tonight by Joe. Trust me I know what you want, it's the JVC FXD80. That IEM destroys the ES10 and Denon's in sub-bass impact and quality, I'm not even kidding, at all, either!
Edited by kiteki - 11/22/12 at 3:39pm
Well the D5000 is much more refined and musical, the ES10 is, well I've written a lot about it in the ES10 thread.
As an IEM, the FXD80 has a more intimate presentation, and the FXD80 sub-bass and 10kHz spike are quite intense. It suits RnB and vocals if you can handle it's flow.
Ah OK I see then. =)
I've only heard the D5000, people say the D2000 has tighter bass, and that they sound very similar. If the price difference is significant go for the D2000. =)
The Denon Dx000 series is a pretty safe investment, not many people dislike them that's for sure. Look at the amazon reviews of the D5000 lol.
I've actually been reading the opposite regarding the D2000 and the D5000, saying the D5000 has tighter bass than the D2000.
Edited by Hydrocharged - 11/24/12 at 7:36am
- Is the ATH-ES10 what I want for Christmas?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Sennheiser RS 165, RS 175, RS 185, RS 195 - Impressions /... 5 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 38 seconds ago
- › Multi-IEM Review - 336 IEMs compared (Gorilla Ears GX-4b added... 1 minute ago
- › What does science think I should buy in the head fi market? 1 minute ago
- › Best bluetooth headphones under $300? Help needed. (Lots of details... 1 minute ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › "The Lab" 4 minutes ago
- › Oppo PM-3 : The Portable Planar - Impressions 4 minutes ago
- › Testing audiophile claims and myths 4 minutes ago
- › Looking for the Soundstage, Bass, & Detail of HD 681 with the... 5 minutes ago
- › Audeze EL-8 Closed-Back by sarora
- › VSONIC VSD 2S by Arvan
- › Master & Dynamic MH30 On Ear Headphone - Black by acain
- › SanDisk SDMX22-004G-A57K Sansa Clip Zip 4 GB, Black by kite7
- › Somic HD MH463 Open-air Dynamic Pro Headphones (Black) by weirdek
- › Chord Hugo by FortisFlyer75
- › Technics RP-DH1200 DJ Headphones by Johannus
- › Bravo Audio S1 Class A Deluxe Headphone Amplifier with Op-amp by YoYo JoKeR
- › MEElectronics A151P Gen.2 Balanced Armature In-Ear Monitors by YoYo JoKeR
- › PSB M4U 1 by squee116
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2