I would like to have some headphones that sound good with rap, dnb, and dubstep. They need to be comfortable and have good build and sound quality. Thanks.
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphonestagged by System, 11/18/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 11/18/12
- productM-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphonestagged by System, 11/18/12
- productPhilips SHL5905BK/28 CitiScape Uptowntagged by System, 11/18/12
- productShure SRH750 DJ Headphones (Black)tagged by System, 11/18/12
- productUltrasone DJ1tagged by System, 11/18/12
- productUltrasone DJ1 PROtagged by System, 11/18/12
- productUltrasone HFI-580tagged by System, 11/18/12
- productUltrasone HFI-680tagged by System, 11/18/12
- productUltrasone HFI-780tagged by System, 11/18/12More
- productV-MODA LP2tagged by System, 11/18/12
Related Forum Threads
- Anything better then the mth- M50s or equally as good for less money? Last post on 9/27/12 at 1:34pm in Headphones (full-size)
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Dubstep Headphones!?! Last post on 11/18/12 at 10:21am in Headphones (full-size)
- Are the VMODA M-100 Bassy? Plus other headphones Last post on 12/13/12 at 10:40pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Does this fit me? Last post on 10/10/12 at 8:17pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 8/29/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Need for Comfortable, Good Sounding, Bassy Headphones (Under $150)post #1 of 1311/15/12 at 4:33pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 1311/15/12 at 4:41pmHi there. Have a look at the ultrasone headphones. HFI-580/680/780. The 780 is the one I have and its fantastic for EDM!! But not sure if youll get it for under $150. The 580 is similar, in fact more bassy than the 780 just a little less refined.
cheerspost #3 of 1311/15/12 at 4:52pmQuote:
Ultrasone HFI 580
Beyer DT770 PRO
Shure SRH750 DJ
Very best,post #4 of 1311/15/12 at 5:06pmpost #5 of 1311/15/12 at 5:10pmThread Starterpost #6 of 1311/15/12 at 5:11pmQuote:
They have a build quality issue.. the cable is absolutely horrifically bad, to the n'th degree.Quote:
MalVeauX, what are the most comfortable headphones from that list?
Btw, I need them to sound good just plugged into an ipod.
Comfort is subjective and personal to you. What I find comfortable, you may not, and vise verse. The DT770 is easily the more comfortable headphone out of those I listed.
Edited by MalVeauX - 11/15/12 at 5:12pmpost #7 of 1311/15/12 at 5:15pmThread Starterpost #8 of 1311/15/12 at 5:19pmQuote:
The DJ1 PRO is the same as the PRO 550. This is not very bassy.
The DJ1 is the same as the HFI 580. They are bassy.
Very best,post #9 of 1311/15/12 at 5:22pmThread Starter
I'm sorry if I keep bugging you, but I basically want something that will be awesome for all music, I will hook it up to my ipod, and just want to listen to my music at home. I am having a really tough time deciding on a pair of cans under 150 because I keep hearing different things from different users. Because you are a headphone, supremus, I was hoping you could offer the best advice for a noob like me.post #10 of 1311/15/12 at 5:24pmQuote:Originally Posted by HyenaPrime
I'm sorry if I keep bugging you, but I basically want something that will be awesome for all music, I will hook it up to my ipod, and just want to listen to my music at home. I am having a really tough time deciding on a pair of cans under 150 because I keep hearing different things from different users. Because you are a headphone, supremus, I was hoping you could offer the best advice for a noob like me.
The Ultrasone HFI 580 basically will be/do what you're looking for in your price range from your ipod. Things you can do to mod it are swapping the pads for velour pads later if you want.
Very best,post #11 of 1311/15/12 at 5:25pmThread Starterpost #12 of 1311/15/12 at 5:38pmQuote:
They're not better. They require an amplifier, to boot. And are not as bassy as the HFI580.
You can get a hard carrying case separate. Focus on your headphone, not the accessories.
- Need for Comfortable, Good Sounding, Bassy Headphones (Under $150)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions,... 7 seconds ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 15 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 46 seconds ago
- › Music Game IX 1 minute ago
- › The FitEar CIEM Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › AudioValve RKV-II (OTL amp) (2014 version) + AudioValve Box... 3 minutes ago
- › The Xiaomi Pistons Thread 2.0 4 minutes ago
- › Meet Alpha Prime 4 minutes ago
- › The Best Bass Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") 4 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production... 5 minutes ago
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by cleg
- › Shure SE215 by Dinerenblanc
- › Shure SE425 Earphone by Dinerenblanc
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Currawong
- › RHA T10i by Audiophile1811
- › Schiit Valhalla by Willy 2 Streams
- › Sennheiser HD-518 by quajaebisquiti
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by earfonia
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Terja
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by xonarboy87
- › Construction expenses falls 0.8% in August...
- › Facebook, Ericsson & XL Indonesia Create...
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2