I would like to have some headphones that sound good with rap, dnb, and dubstep. They need to be comfortable and have good build and sound quality. Thanks.
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphonestagged by System, 11/18/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 11/18/12
- productM-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphonestagged by System, 11/18/12
- productPhilips SHL5905BK/28 CitiScape Uptowntagged by System, 11/18/12
- productShure SRH750 DJ Headphones (Black)tagged by System, 11/18/12
- productUltrasone DJ1tagged by System, 11/18/12
- productUltrasone DJ1 PROtagged by System, 11/18/12
- productUltrasone HFI-580tagged by System, 11/18/12
- productUltrasone HFI-680tagged by System, 11/18/12
- productUltrasone HFI-780tagged by System, 11/18/12More
- productV-MODA LP2tagged by System, 11/18/12
Related Forum Threads
- Anything better then the mth- M50s or equally as good for less money? Last post on 9/27/12 at 1:34pm in Headphones (full-size)
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Dubstep Headphones!?! Last post on 11/18/12 at 10:21am in Headphones (full-size)
- Are the VMODA M-100 Bassy? Plus other headphones Last post on 12/13/12 at 10:40pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Does this fit me? Last post on 10/10/12 at 8:17pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Need for Comfortable, Good Sounding, Bassy Headphones (Under $150)post #1 of 1311/15/12 at 4:33pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 1311/15/12 at 4:41pmHi there. Have a look at the ultrasone headphones. HFI-580/680/780. The 780 is the one I have and its fantastic for EDM!! But not sure if youll get it for under $150. The 580 is similar, in fact more bassy than the 780 just a little less refined.
cheerspost #3 of 1311/15/12 at 4:52pmQuote:
Ultrasone HFI 580
Beyer DT770 PRO
Shure SRH750 DJ
Very best,post #4 of 1311/15/12 at 5:06pmpost #5 of 1311/15/12 at 5:10pmThread Starterpost #6 of 1311/15/12 at 5:11pmQuote:
They have a build quality issue.. the cable is absolutely horrifically bad, to the n'th degree.Quote:
MalVeauX, what are the most comfortable headphones from that list?
Btw, I need them to sound good just plugged into an ipod.
Comfort is subjective and personal to you. What I find comfortable, you may not, and vise verse. The DT770 is easily the more comfortable headphone out of those I listed.
Edited by MalVeauX - 11/15/12 at 5:12pmpost #7 of 1311/15/12 at 5:15pmThread Starterpost #8 of 1311/15/12 at 5:19pmQuote:
The DJ1 PRO is the same as the PRO 550. This is not very bassy.
The DJ1 is the same as the HFI 580. They are bassy.
Very best,post #9 of 1311/15/12 at 5:22pmThread Starter
I'm sorry if I keep bugging you, but I basically want something that will be awesome for all music, I will hook it up to my ipod, and just want to listen to my music at home. I am having a really tough time deciding on a pair of cans under 150 because I keep hearing different things from different users. Because you are a headphone, supremus, I was hoping you could offer the best advice for a noob like me.post #10 of 1311/15/12 at 5:24pmQuote:Originally Posted by HyenaPrime
I'm sorry if I keep bugging you, but I basically want something that will be awesome for all music, I will hook it up to my ipod, and just want to listen to my music at home. I am having a really tough time deciding on a pair of cans under 150 because I keep hearing different things from different users. Because you are a headphone, supremus, I was hoping you could offer the best advice for a noob like me.
The Ultrasone HFI 580 basically will be/do what you're looking for in your price range from your ipod. Things you can do to mod it are swapping the pads for velour pads later if you want.
Very best,post #11 of 1311/15/12 at 5:25pmThread Starterpost #12 of 1311/15/12 at 5:38pmQuote:
They're not better. They require an amplifier, to boot. And are not as bassy as the HFI580.
You can get a hard carrying case separate. Focus on your headphone, not the accessories.
- Need for Comfortable, Good Sounding, Bassy Headphones (Under $150)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Let's develop Hidizs' New DAP together! 1 minute ago
- › iBasso DX80 . . impressions and reviews. . and discussion NEW ... 1 minute ago
- › Focal Elear and Utopia Review / Preview With Measurements - Head-Fi TV 1 minute ago
- › SONY NW-ZX100 DAP 1 minute ago
- › The JPS Labs: Abyss AB-1266 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Acoustic Research M2 Audiophile-Grade Hi-Res Portable 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers ETHER C Review / Announcement - A New Closed-Back Planar... 4 minutes ago
- › New Member Introductions thread 7 minutes ago
- › Looking for an in ear headphones for the tera 250$ 7 minutes ago
- › Cayin iHA-6 by Dillan
- › Cayin iDAC-6 by Dillan
- › Yamaha HPH-200 Headphone (Black) by harry501501
- › RHA MA750i by meetpatel3686
- › ORIVETI PRIMACY - Whole Aluminium Body, Triple Drivers Hybrid 2... by ustinj
- › Audio-Technica ATH-CK10 Portable In-Ear Headphones by mrstrangeguy
- › Focal Utopia by x RELIC x
- › Campfire Audio Nova by Brooko
- › Flare Audio R1 Headphones by Mr Vicarious
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by greencalx
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...