What pumps in more bass into your ears tho?
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 11/18/12
- productDenon AH-D400tagged by System, 11/18/12
- productdigiZoid ZO2 Personal hi-fi experiencetagged by System, 11/18/12
- productFiiO E11tagged by System, 11/18/12
- productFiiO E7 USB DAC and Portable Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 11/18/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 11/18/12
- productSennheiser IE 8 In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 11/18/12
- productSony mdr xb 1000tagged by System, 11/18/12
- productSony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 11/18/12
- productSony MDR-XB700 50mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 11/18/12More
- productUltrasone PRO 900tagged by System, 11/18/12
Related Forum Threads
- What are the bassiest analytical headphones in the market? Last post on 8/9/11 at 5:58pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- Headphones Just For EXTREME HEAD-RATTLING Sub Bass Last post on 2/5/14 at 7:46am in Headphones (full-size)
- Suggest me some headphones with good bass that can vibrate and shake your head? Last post on 4/23/16 at 12:53pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphone Suggestion? Last post on 11/29/15 at 7:35pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
AK Audio Super Dolphin 6BASticking a Dolphin in your ears! DisclaimerThe Super Dolphin 6BA is a loaner unit provided in exchange for my honest and unbiased opinion. I have tried my best to...
This is an excellent pair of headphones, sound is very clear, and the looks are impressive. I am disappointed with the padding, hurts to wear in less then 15 minutes. Pads can be replaced though....
I've had mine for almost 5 years, still breathing and still sounds great! I've had mine short circuit for two times because and fixed it, still sounds the same. So far this is the best for me and I...
When these went on sale at massdrop I thought I was going to put one over on the man and get some really good audiophile grade headphones for $100, sadly that's not what I got when the package...
This little DAC punches way way way above its weight. I fell deep into the audiophile hole about a month ago, waiting for our 2nd son to be born. If I could be so bold, I went through a...
Headphones for EXTREME BASS - Page 4post #46 of 7011/29/12 at 5:12pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #47 of 7011/29/12 at 5:13pmThread Starterpost #48 of 7011/29/12 at 5:19pmpost #49 of 7011/29/12 at 5:23pm
There are some people that do run a sub alongside headphones, for that extra rumble, which actually isn't as detrimental to sound as one might think, especially if closed headphones are used, to which it comes down to low frequencies being felt rather than the whole room acoustics. Of course, this changes from case to case.post #50 of 7011/29/12 at 5:45pmThread Starterpost #51 of 7011/29/12 at 6:07pmpost #52 of 7011/29/12 at 6:16pmpost #53 of 7011/29/12 at 6:58pmpost #54 of 7011/29/12 at 7:12pmI have the sony xb-500 and have heard, tested, and owned plenty of car subs. Headphones will never really compare to the feeling of basically having subs shake your body hard enough to make your vision blur and your chair vibrate. But for bass headphones these have the most quantity over anything ive heard. The idea of having a sub next to you while listening through closed cans though, is very interesting and I think I'll try that in the future.post #55 of 7011/30/12 at 8:50amQuote:
Yes. Just yes. Buy them. Do yourself a favor. Trust me.post #56 of 7011/30/12 at 3:02pmThread Starterpost #57 of 7011/30/12 at 3:02pmThread Starterpost #58 of 7012/2/12 at 10:50amThread Starter
My friend claims that his XB1000 with a Digitoid ZO2 is way more bassier and more powerful than my XB500s when I let him audition them. If paired with a ZO2, what is still bassier, the XB500 or the XB1000? My friend says that the bass on the XB1000 is so strong it sucks on his ears. Is that just because of the amp or the headphones?post #59 of 7012/3/12 at 5:06pmThread Starter
- Headphones for EXTREME BASS
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › JDS Labs C5/C5D (pg96) portable amp/amp+DAC 44 seconds ago
- › Astell&Kern XB10 Extreme Bluetooth Adapter 4 minutes ago
- › What's the best amp for HD800 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD800S Unveiled! 4 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 4 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo - The Official Thread .☆*¨*★. Please READ the 3rd... 7 minutes ago
- › The Takstar, Technical Pro, Gemini Greathon, CyberX, Qpad Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Shanling M3 8 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic DT 1990 PRO - Beyer's open-back mastering headphone 8 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-7520 9 minutes ago
- › Super Dolphin 6BA by RedJohn456
- › HE-5LE by audiophilehe400
- › Logitech X-540 5.1 Surround Sound Speaker System with Subwoofer by artofmanliness
- › Massdrop x HIFIMAN HE350 by reikoshea
- › Hifime Sabre 9018 USB DAC by Rish732
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Closed Studio Headphones - 250 Ohms by Rish732
- › FiiO A1 Micro Headphone Amplifier by chef8489
- › Over Ear Headphones，Mixcder ShareMe Pro Bluetooth 4.1 Stereo HiFi... by B9Scrambler
- › DIGNIS LAETUS case for Chord Electronics Mojo by HiFiChris
- › Burson Audio Supreme Sound Opamp V5i by cleg
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...