- 3,724 Posts. Joined 2/2011
- Location: Sussex, U.K
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- NEED HELP DECIDING Last post on 3/20/13 at 8:38am in Headphones (full-size)
- Portable Amp for M100s and M80s (V-Moda's) Last post on 12/29/12 at 2:47am in Portable Headphone Amps
- ATH-M50s revived my love of hi-fi audio. Now I want an affordable, portable amp for ALAC. Last post on 12/24/12 at 7:58pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- What gear do I need to power my Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro 250 ohm headphones? Last post on 12/24/12 at 12:38am in Headphones (full-size)
- Recommendations for amplified setup for V-Moda M-100s Last post on 11/20/12 at 4:55pm in Portable Headphone Amps
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
UnboxingUpon unboxing, I knew what the Sony MDR-1R MK2's were intended for; luxury. It came with a box very similar to the Sennheiser HD800's packaging, very pleasing to open and everything felt of...
I have passed on buying these because i generally do not play follow the leader well,so I was bidding on a set of Sennheiser HD 598s and was outbid at the last minute but wanted something new so...
Summary I've had these for about a week now, and I have to say I like them more each day. At first I was rather worried about purchasing them, because other reviews were saying that the bass...
I want to thanks Vincent from IFI who has sent me the sample for the review. In the past, on my site www.stereo-head.it and on head fi, I’ve already reviewed some IFI’s electronics and i...
Disclosure: I received these headphones from Sony Australia as a review sample to keep. Here is my video review of the 10R, as well as some brief notes about the sound and build of the...
JDS Labs C421 or Fiio E11 with m-100 ... Need Help !!! - Page 2post #16 of 2812/6/12 at 6:40amIt's the op-amp, there are 2 on the C421 order page, OPA2777 OR AD8620
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 2812/6/12 at 8:02ampost #18 of 2812/6/12 at 8:19ampost #19 of 2812/6/12 at 11:09ampost #20 of 2812/7/12 at 8:06pmQuote:Originally Posted by Caesar7
yea thats definitely adds up ... so i'll be waiting for your delivery as well ;) ... what do you mean by LOD sorry am not familiar with these terms if its a connector why would I need it .. my source will the iPhone 5 ... if its not would you suggest what kind of LOD and where to get it and how it works sorry for asking too much .. I really appreciate your help bro :)
Well, I may go down the same road as you. I already have a E11 and JDS CmoyBB. I just tried my very best to control my self: not to click the button on JDS website again. But I think the any reason kept me from clicking is that I'm not quite sure to get a O2 or C421...
Edited by guyuemuziye - 12/7/12 at 8:08pmpost #21 of 2812/7/12 at 9:18pmpost #22 of 2812/13/12 at 11:54ampost #23 of 2812/13/12 at 2:45pmThread Starterpost #24 of 2812/19/12 at 5:43pmpost #25 of 2812/19/12 at 5:44pm
Posted this on another thread after some impressions
"Reporting back after using them for roughly 20 minutes.
I think i'm in love with this combination.
HM601slim + C421 (2227) + reshelled TF10.
My music now sounds very "alive". The bass boost also adds a bit of punch but not too much.
Since the HM601 is on the warmer side and apparently the 2227 is also on the warmer side it helps tame a bit of the harshness in some of the songs which now sound absolutely beautiful.
Micro detail is also improved vastly...can't really explain it but my music sounds a lot more edgy "
Warm + warm = helped tame a bit of harshness in some songs.post #26 of 281/13/13 at 7:57pmpost #27 of 281/18/13 at 7:23amQuote:
Amps are supposed to be wires with gain. The E11 is a relatively neutral amp, so it won't provide differences to your headphones, if they don't need an amp in the first place.
- JDS Labs C421 or Fiio E11 with m-100 ... Need Help !!!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Shure SE846: A New In-Ear Flagship From Shure. Finally!... 22 seconds ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 24 seconds ago
- › Denon D2000/D5000, MD2000/MD5000 Appreciation Thread! 55 seconds ago
- › Ranking of 21 DACs and DAC Configurations (and why chocolate ice... 1 minute ago
- › New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne" 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser IE800 IEM's 1 minute ago
- › Martin Logan Mikros 90 On-Ear Headphones 1 minute ago
- › Meier Audio Daccord 2 minutes ago
- › Crack;Bottlehead OTL 2 minutes ago
- › Tour Cable Sign Ups for Philips Fidelio X1 2 minutes ago
- › SONY Stereo headphones black MDR-1RMK2/B by Nec3
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50S by turbomustang84
- › Superlux HD669 by mang0
- › IFI Gemini usb cable by turo91
- › Sony Over-Ear Headphones - MDR-10R by a_recording
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by kuhchuk
- › BRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphones by ashton18
- › Sennheiser IE800 by ag8908
- › Pioneer SE-CL721-K Headphones, Black/Red by tswmcello
- › Colorfly C3 by svyr
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by gelocks
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude