- 3,775 Posts. Joined 2/2011
- Location: Sussex, U.K
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- NEED HELP DECIDING Last post on 3/20/13 at 8:38am in Headphones (full-size)
- Portable Amp for M100s and M80s (V-Moda's) Last post on 12/29/12 at 2:47am in Portable Headphone Amps
- ATH-M50s revived my love of hi-fi audio. Now I want an affordable, portable amp for ALAC. Last post on 12/24/12 at 7:58pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- What gear do I need to power my Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro 250 ohm headphones? Last post on 12/24/12 at 12:38am in Headphones (full-size)
- Recommendations for amplified setup for V-Moda M-100s Last post on 11/20/12 at 4:55pm in Portable Headphone Amps
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
JDS Labs C421 or Fiio E11 with m-100 ... Need Help !!! - Page 2post #16 of 2812/6/12 at 6:40amIt's the op-amp, there are 2 on the C421 order page, OPA2777 OR AD8620
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 2812/6/12 at 8:02ampost #18 of 2812/6/12 at 8:19ampost #19 of 2812/6/12 at 11:09ampost #20 of 2812/7/12 at 8:06pmQuote:Originally Posted by Caesar7
yea thats definitely adds up ... so i'll be waiting for your delivery as well ;) ... what do you mean by LOD sorry am not familiar with these terms if its a connector why would I need it .. my source will the iPhone 5 ... if its not would you suggest what kind of LOD and where to get it and how it works sorry for asking too much .. I really appreciate your help bro :)
Well, I may go down the same road as you. I already have a E11 and JDS CmoyBB. I just tried my very best to control my self: not to click the button on JDS website again. But I think the any reason kept me from clicking is that I'm not quite sure to get a O2 or C421...
Edited by guyuemuziye - 12/7/12 at 8:08pmpost #21 of 2812/7/12 at 9:18pmpost #22 of 2812/13/12 at 11:54ampost #23 of 2812/13/12 at 2:45pmThread Starterpost #24 of 2812/19/12 at 5:43pmpost #25 of 2812/19/12 at 5:44pm
Posted this on another thread after some impressions
"Reporting back after using them for roughly 20 minutes.
I think i'm in love with this combination.
HM601slim + C421 (2227) + reshelled TF10.
My music now sounds very "alive". The bass boost also adds a bit of punch but not too much.
Since the HM601 is on the warmer side and apparently the 2227 is also on the warmer side it helps tame a bit of the harshness in some of the songs which now sound absolutely beautiful.
Micro detail is also improved vastly...can't really explain it but my music sounds a lot more edgy "
Warm + warm = helped tame a bit of harshness in some songs.post #26 of 281/13/13 at 7:57pmpost #27 of 281/18/13 at 7:23amQuote:
Amps are supposed to be wires with gain. The E11 is a relatively neutral amp, so it won't provide differences to your headphones, if they don't need an amp in the first place.
- JDS Labs C421 or Fiio E11 with m-100 ... Need Help !!!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › AKG 545 vs Sennheiser Momentum vs Sony MDR 1R 9 seconds ago
- › 2A3 Tubes Lets hear your favorites 26 seconds ago
- › What option should I go with (Headphones + DAC/Amp)!? 28 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Hifiman HE-4 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Toxic Cables - The Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › SF Bay Area mini-meet 2 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre *ES9018K2M*, New amp section. Review 1st... 2 minutes ago
- › Wyred4Sound µDAC HD Desktop Headphone/Speaker DAC 2 minutes ago
- › Recommend me a bass heavy cIEM for gym use! 3 minutes ago
- › Halide Design DAC HD by Zuqi
- › Sony MDR-ZX-700 by PurelyNicole
- › Klipsch Image S3 Nosie-Isolating Earphones with Patented Oval Ear-Tips by Arno Berck
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by zazex
- › Ultrasone HFI-450 by MrTechAgent
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-100 by zach8278
- › Ultimate Ears UE4000 Headphones by gopats1479
- › NoiseHush NX85 Stereo 3.5mm Headset with Mic - Retail Packaging -... by Mathewsa
- › LHLabs Geek Out by bhazard
- › Monster Inspiration by betterthan1122
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude