Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › *NOOB* Looking for starter headphones ~ $200-250
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

*NOOB* Looking for starter headphones ~ $200-250 - Page 3

post #31 of 47
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roller View Post

3.5mm-3.5mm cable between the output jack on your PC and the E11 input jack, then plug the HFI-780 to the E11 output jack.

My advise is for you to get your setup and enjoy listening to it, only getting back here if you actually have any issues or doubts related to your gear, otherwise you might be struck with "upgraditis"...

cool, im assuming output from the back or front wont matter?

"upgraditis", nice term. sounds legit.

any recommendations on how my PC sound EQ should be set? im planning to just leave it on default and just play around with it a bit
post #32 of 47
Thread Starter 
just received my 780's

first few songs : they're..... different..... VERY! clear in sound, has the high's and lows produced just right, and the bass thumping proportionately. but still feels like it's missing something?...... maybe just needs to wear into them for now

a few songs later: i can really get used this clear nice music, feels so much "more"

sorry for the lack of terms and description
i dont really know how to describe this atm...... different but awesome?

i might pick up my amp later on the week, id love to combo these and hear the outcome
post #33 of 47

Glad to hear you like them.

 

About EQing, you might want to give these threads a read (purely optional, since it targets one specific end sound):

http://www.head-fi.org/t/413900/how-to-equalize-your-headphones-a-tutorial

http://www.head-fi.org/t/615417/how-to-equalize-your-headphones-advanced-tutorial-in-progress

 

While the HFI-780 already sound good without additional amping, they certainly improve further with a headphone amp.

 

And always use the jacks from the back, that way signal purity doesn't get damaged so much.

post #34 of 47
Thread Starter 
cool, ill take a look at that, thx =]

after a few hours of listening, its wonderful.... i realized im hearing things i've havent noticed before
but the volume on this doesn't go too high
i guess, just enough for loud music, none of those "rock loud and heavy" moments
which is good also i guess
post #35 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by r3dMuGeN View Post

just received my 780's
first few songs : they're..... different..... VERY! clear in sound, has the high's and lows produced just right, and the bass thumping proportionately. but still feels like it's missing something?...... maybe just needs to wear into them for now
a few songs later: i can really get used this clear nice music, feels so much "more"
sorry for the lack of terms and description
i dont really know how to describe this atm...... different but awesome?
i might pick up my amp later on the week, id love to combo these and hear the outcome

glad your enjoying them!! the 780s do benefit from a burn in. so as time goes by, they will sound slightly better.

enjoy!!
post #36 of 47
Thread Starter 
i do enjoy them a lot so far
i also picked up the E17, made my awesome sounding headphones into super awesome sounding headphones

only issues i've run into lately are pretty minor
1. at higher volumes, i can hear the buzzing "white noise" (not sure if that's the term). Not sure if this is just caused by my music file quality
2. headphones are comfy and easy to wear, but the leather cups? makes the area around my ear sweaty after longer runs xD

nothing major, still producing awesome quality audio
love it

=]
post #37 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roller View Post

 

My advise is for you to get your setup and enjoy listening to it, only getting back here if you actually have any issues or doubts related to your gear, otherwise you might be struck with "upgraditis"...

...truth...this thread is giving me flash backs to when i first started coming here. It starts just once or twice...get some headphones....fall in love...kiss you wallet goodbye...there's a reason why the unofficial slogan is "welcome to head-fi sorry about your wallet"...

post #38 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecansmancan View Post

...truth...this thread is giving me flash backs to when i first started coming here. It starts just once or twice...get some headphones....fall in love...kiss you wallet goodbye...there's a reason why the unofficial slogan is "welcome to head-fi sorry about your wallet"...

seeing that we would eventually spending as much (or more) on headphones as on a computer.... 

post #39 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by r3dMuGeN View Post

i do enjoy them a lot so far
i also picked up the E17, made my awesome sounding headphones into super awesome sounding headphones
only issues i've run into lately are pretty minor
1. at higher volumes, i can hear the buzzing "white noise" (not sure if that's the term). Not sure if this is just caused by my music file quality
2. headphones are comfy and easy to wear, but the leather cups? makes the area around my ear sweaty after longer runs xD
nothing major, still producing awesome quality audio
love it
=]

is the e17 connected to your computer?phone? DAP?
what quality files are you playing?

yeah i found the same with pleather pads, i recently replaced them with Beyerdynamic DT 250 velour pads. Much more comfortable biggrin.gif
post #40 of 47
Thread Starter 

i would assume i have a standard setup?

3.5mm PC headphone outlet on the back > usb to E17 > 3.5mm headphone extension > 3.5mm Headphones

 

i listen to mostly mp3 files, at 320kbps, sometimes lower quality (basically w/e i can find)

from what ive read on the forums i believe "general" quality should go in this order?

flac > mp3 > wma, from highest to lowest bitrate

not sure where mp4's and VBR's and other file types go in order of quality

post #41 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by r3dMuGeN View Post

i would assume i have a standard setup?

3.5mm PC headphone outlet on the back > usb to E17 > 3.5mm headphone extension > 3.5mm Headphones

 

i listen to mostly mp3 files, at 320kbps, sometimes lower quality (basically w/e i can find)

from what ive read on the forums i believe "general" quality should go in this order?

flac > mp3 > wma, from highest to lowest bitrate

not sure where mp4's and VBR's and other file types go in order of quality

Alac is equivalent to flac, just fyi. That's how i transport all my CD's in on my ipod touch.

post #42 of 47
Thread Starter 

i only know mp3 and m4a work on my ipod touch 4

is alac the same as aac?

coz i dont think flac works with ipods

 

also, what program do you guys use to convert, rip, or "make better quality" your music files?

post #43 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by r3dMuGeN View Post

i only know mp3 and m4a work on my ipod touch 4

is alac the same as aac?

coz i dont think flac works with ipods

 

also, what program do you guys use to convert, rip, or "make better quality" your music files?

using apple, you can import your cds's direcly in as alac. or cnvert files. heres a link that shows you how. http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1347

post #44 of 47
Have you checked out the headfi's 105 headphone shoot out? If you haven't you should. For 200 dollars it was a sennheiser headphone that had the best rating.
post #45 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noob2noob View Post

Have you checked out the headfi's 105 headphone shoot out? If you haven't you should. For 200 dollars it was a sennheiser headphone that had the best rating.

agreed, joker is a legend. do note, he is pretty advanced. as in you may want to brush up on some sound terminology just so you're not totally lost. but other than that, hes really go experience. e knows what hes talking about

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › *NOOB* Looking for starter headphones ~ $200-250