It's weird to not see anything but very positive feedback by any1 who has tried the headphone so far, this doesn't often happen because of the variety in user preferences, can this really be "the new M50" in terms of allrounder, good recommendation for the starter head-fi who doesn't know what their preferences are like?
I think K167 ticks all the things to become that:
- Not TOO expensive (under $200)
- Balanced with slight bass emphasis
- Handles every genre pretty well
- Closed (with good isolation), a must for many users
- Not demanding amp wise
- Decent/good design (no Beats flashiness but no Fostex TR50P matureness but modern styling)
- Great comfort
The only somewhat questionable thing is the non-detachable cable and build quality/durability that will surface more clearly as time progresses, too early to make any assumptions yet but even if that would be subpar then it doesn't make it any worse as it's performing so well on other aspects and as usual it has to be a catch somewhere, it can't be exceptional at EVERY point or the pricing just wouldn't make any sense.
Edited by RPGWiZaRD - 12/10/12 at 1:13am