Originally Posted by zeromacro
My humble rig: Samsung Series 5 → Centrance Dacport → Meier Corda Headfive
Built Quality: 6/10
1. I see what you guys are on about. the Band is connected by three pieces (why the hell not just one?) which looks flimsy and weak when stretched. No question there.
2. The silver ring is very delicate.and it's prone to get dent marks and chips. I've put them down the wrong way just once and paint is already flaking off and showing tiny dent marks.
3. I find the ear pads too soft. It's too soft where my ears can feel the plastic cups behind the cushions. But it's not unbearable. A little stiffer would have been spot on.
4. The top cushion underneath the headband is a bit stiff. Coming from K701 user (which has the same problems), I can see it hurting my scalp after extensive use.
1. Isolation is exceptional. I can't really hear people talk when I wear them. Haven't had the chance to commute with them yet.
2. However, the sound at normal listening level does leak quite a bit imo, when you're wearing them. Definitely not something I would personally use at a quiet area such as the library.
Sound: (These are initial impressions)
1. Immediately, you notice good clarity, a tight bass, and a decent sound stage. So far so good right? However, after just a while I found them, in a nuttshell, boring and unnatural. I'm not gonna sugarcoat things even if I paid my own money. The bass goes quite deep and are very tight (quick). The clarity is quite good but the highs are at the verge of being sibilant (at least to my ears). But what really annoyed me is that the mids sound quite recessed, and ultimately, the overall sound signature is just not natural. This is my first day and it's quite an early impression so don't take my words too literally, but so far, these aren't my cup of tea. I did feel the same way with my K701 before I fully burned them in, so I'm hoping that things will improve over time.