So I am having a hard time figuring out what portable amp to buy with the headphone types I am considering buying and how I'll be using them. In terms of the headphones I plan to buy, I've narrowed my selection down to the ATHM50 and the DT770. I just recently lost my V-MODAS - I love the sound and the bass but my god did they hurt my ears so my new pair will have to be excellent in terms of comfort. I will be using my new headphones mostly through a laptop that makes every headphone sound like tin cans, my office desktop and my iphone. So my question is what fiio should I get for this combination of headphones and usage? I just want the absolute best bass sound I can get for under 250 with an amp (if that will even help my laptop sound better) so I am open to other headphone suggestions. I appreciate any help. Thanks.
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 11/15/12
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphonestagged by System, 11/15/12
- productFiiO E17tagged by System, 11/15/12
- productFiiO E7 USB DAC and Portable Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 11/15/12
- categoryPortable Ampstagged by System, 11/15/12
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for new headphones. Last post on 10/16/12 at 6:52pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Help buying new headphones 200-dollar Last post on 3/4/13 at 5:22pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need Help!!!! Sony MDR-1RBT or Audio Technica M50 or Sennheiser Momentum or V-Moda M-100 Last post on 3/30/14 at 1:28pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Am I opening a door here? Last post on 12/25/12 at 9:09pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones ~$100-250 with good soundstage for most genres, but mainly metal? Last post on 12/19/12 at 8:50pm in Headphones (full-size)
Today I got this MP3 player but I am debating to keep it or not because the button layout is horrible. Also, the user interface is choppy with FLAC files. There is a noticable lag when choosing...
I’ve had my Dragon Inspire IHA-1 now for a sufficient time period to post my thoughts. I will use a subjective 5 point scoring system. Setup: Power Conditioning: Blue Circle...
Here we go again. It seems like every other review I've done lately has been on some product from this up-and-coming company that is making a name for itself. Luckily for us, this IEM from...
I tested it with Dr.Chesky's Binaural album and Depeche Mode flacs. What I like most is of course bass response..it is more than enough, maybe a bit exaggerated, aggressive. Overall, I am...
I used this sound card for 5 years. It replaced that time my previous card M-Audio Audiophile 2496. As far as I know at present (2014/2015) it is not possible to buy this card as new in Europe....
Noob looking for guidance on headphone + portable amp under $250 (pref $200)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Hope this helps.
Thanks for the info - I listen to music mostly through my laptop so I guess more specifically now my question is will a DAC amp improve sound over an amp without it. And if yes whats the difference between the E7 and the E17 besides one being 80 dollars cheaper. And if I got the athm50 is an amp even needed with that low amount of impedance.
No the M50 doesnt need an amp, it will improve slightly with an amp(all headphones would) but the difference is so slight(from what ive read), i would say its not worth it to get an amp. as you might not even hear any difference at all.
- Noob looking for guidance on headphone + portable amp under $250 (pref $200)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Do you believe BURN IN for your Audio Stuff like Headphones,... 28 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › Winter 2015 AAMML Holiday Gift Exchange 2 minutes ago
- › Wagnus The famous Japan brand has their cable variant from IC to... 2 minutes ago
- › The concept design drawing of FiiO New Docking AMP E09S. How do you... 3 minutes ago
- › My DIY electrostatic headphones 3 minutes ago
- › Ibasso DX90 - which headphones do you prefer to use with DX90? 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser IE800 IEM's 4 minutes ago
- › Wanted: Violectric V200 5 minutes ago
- › Converting music to "instrumental" versions 6 minutes ago
- › FiiO X3 Portable Music Player by hstubc
- › Inspire by Dennis Had IHA-1 Dragon Version by BlakeT
- › MP4Nation Brainwavz M1 by JoeDoe
- › Koss RUK 30K Noise Isolating In-Ear Stereophone, Black by ajlan
- › Audiotrak Prodigy 7.1 HiFi by Ataka
- › Creative Fatal1ty Gaming Headset by TsukiNick
- › SHOZY Alien DAP by AudioGG
- › The House of Marley Liberate XL BT by Giogio
- › Bang & Olufsen A8 Earphones by fjhuerta
- › JBL Synchros 400BT Bluetooth Wireless On-Ear Stereo Headphones, Black by Giogio
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)