In you guys opinion, what company makes the best headphones. and why ^^
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 11/15/12
Related Forum Threads
- Help my dad find a nice set of cans.... Last post on 2/26/15 at 10:33am in Headphones (full-size)
- Can a headphone Y splitter damage my headphones? Last post on 2/17/15 at 1:12pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Jecklin Float One versus Jecklin Float Two - What's the difference Last post on 2/11/15 at 4:13pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphone help! Last post on 2/11/15 at 2:04pm in Headphones (full-size)
- New headphones recommendations Last post on 2/15/15 at 4:29pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Me: am an amateur musician & avid admirer of music from India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time...
I bought these on Geekbuying after a considerable price drop to about $16 USD. Having missed out on the hype for the Piston 2, I decided to pick up the Piston 3 instead. The other bang-for-buck IEM...
My WA5-LE is by far the most expensive component in my system, but I can see why. The moment I un-packaged this very heavy piece of kit, I could tell I was in for a ride. By size alone it...
INTRODUCTION Being a fan of the RHA MA750 (RHA's first flagship IEM), I was quite excited to hear when RHA released the T10i. The new stainless shells, novel "memory wire" implementation,...
Microsoft Lumia 435 Quick Review Full review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/773374/microsoft-lumia-435-review-by-mark2410 Brief: An insanely cheap wonder device. Price: £30 payg or...
Audiophile Company :Dpost #1 of 1711/15/12 at 2:27amThread Starter
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #2 of 1711/15/12 at 5:09amVery broad question. Mostly because there are a number of ways to look at "best" - do you mean:
- Best selling?
- Best looking?
- Best fitting?
- Best measuring?
- Most expensive?
- Best supported?
Anyways, if I had to throw out an answer, I'd probably posit Koss. They've been around forever, they have a wide range of products, and probably the best customer service/warranty of any consumer electronics company (if not any company period - honestly I think Briggs & Riley (they make luggage) is the only other company that has been so consistently "good" in my experience). But this doesn't mean their products are the best to the exclusion of all others, or that their products are the best choice for a given person.
There are many good headphone companies out there - Sennheiser, Audio-Technica, STAX, Beyerdynamic, Sony, Ultrasone, AKG, Grado, and many others that have been around for a long time, make good products (and have many happy customers), and generally stand behind their products. So I don't know if it's possible to say there is a clear-cut "best" option.
At the end of the day I wouldn't worry so much about what company is "overall best" (because that's unknowable), or what "wins" at the Consumer-Reports game; instead I would worry about what is best for you and your tastes. What looks right to you may look completely askew to someone else.
Edited by obobskivich - 11/15/12 at 5:12ampost #3 of 1711/15/12 at 5:42am
BTW - and I think you'd agree obobs - this is just about the stupidest possible indicator of "bestness" there is.
I'd beware, or be very skeptical at the very least, of "best of" lists that are organized in a highest-to-lowest price manner.post #4 of 1711/15/12 at 6:03amQuote:
Yeah. I still think ssrock64's "The List" is cool though. But it isn't a ranking of performance or anything, and I don't think that kind of connection should be drawn in general (sure, price tells us *some* things, but it often hides details more than it fleshes them out).post #5 of 1711/15/12 at 6:05ampost #6 of 1711/15/12 at 6:31ampost #7 of 1711/15/12 at 6:38ampost #8 of 1711/15/12 at 6:41am
That's purely a taste thing. I have the MS2i (close cousin of 325i) and it has a unique and treble happy sound signature not everybody will love.post #9 of 1711/15/12 at 7:40amQuote:Originally Posted by h4mm3r 0f th0r
why don't you try this thread and find out for yourself...
Again, not to put too fine a point on it, but...post #10 of 1711/15/12 at 7:45ampost #11 of 1711/15/12 at 7:56amBest company in terms of consistent sound quality? STAX. Overall, including value? HiFiMan. Best value in headphones? Koss ESP/950, as long as you can get them <$700. Best headphones ever made? No such thing. Different headphones are better with different things.
A top 20 or 50 list is a ridiculous and irresponsible thing, and the ones being circulated and praised nowadays are simply a parade of unobtainium and the most expensive cans. That's not only inaccurate, it's often unethical.post #12 of 1711/15/12 at 8:41amQuote:
So if I worked for a company that sold the headphones that I rated best, could that be considered unethical?post #13 of 1711/15/12 at 11:15amQuote:
I believe that anyone who is a MOT needs to be held to a higher degree of scrutiny than others, and accept that some folks will be skeptical of their findings, even in the best of situations. Also, people should take "top #" lists with a truckload of salt and never use them as a replacement for due diligence in critical listening. A list isn't Gospel and it isn't proof.post #14 of 1711/15/12 at 11:22amQuote:
SR-40? (note: I've never heard them).Quote:
I agree with this. The SR-325 aren't "bad" but they aren't for everyone - build quality, performance, etc is easily to par for their price though. But if you don't like their specific sound, that's another story.post #15 of 1711/15/12 at 11:58amThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by Magick Man
Best company in terms of consistent sound quality? STAX. Overall, including value? HiFiMan. Best value in headphones? Koss ESP/950, as long as you can get them <$700. Best headphones ever made? No such thing. Different headphones are better with different things.
A top 20 or 50 list is a ridiculous and irresponsible thing, and the ones being circulated and praised nowadays are simply a parade of unobtainium and the most expensive cans. That's not only inaccurate, it's often unethical.
STAX has the best sound quality of all company's? Do tell why, and i agree with you with hifiman. i find myself very impressed by them and sennheiser.
- Audiophile Company :D
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › AudioQuest NightHawk Headphone Unveiled Today 29 seconds ago
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Impressions and Discussion + Tour Application... 1 minute ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up (Update: April 25th, 2015) 1 minute ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 3 minutes ago
- › Official HIFIMAN HE1000 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser IE800 IEM's 4 minutes ago
- › 2015 - Sony PHA - 1A Portable Hi-Res DAC/Headphone Amplifier 5 minutes ago
- › ZMF x Vibro & ZMF Blackwood Discussion Thread. 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (5/31/2015: Beyer COP+ and... 6 minutes ago
- › TCG Audio TRD3+ Desktop HeadAmp & 32/384DAC by YoYo JoKeR
- › Xiaomi Pistons 3.0 in-ear headphones by FYLegend
- › Woo Audio WA5 LE by Nosbig
- › RHA T20 by nmatheis
- › Microsoft Lumia 435 UNLOCKED Windows Phone 8 WP8 2G GSM... by mark2410
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Pokemonn
- › CustomArt Ei.3 acrylic custom IEM by Cotnijoe
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphones by ActiveTechREV
- › Westone W50 Five Driver Universal Fit Noise Isolating Earphones, 78505 by twister6
- › MrSpeakers Ether Planar Magnetic Headphones by Currawong
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)