In you guys opinion, what company makes the best headphones. and why ^^
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 11/15/12
Related Forum Threads
- Help my dad find a nice set of cans.... Last post on 2/26/15 at 10:33am in Headphones (full-size)
- Can a headphone Y splitter damage my headphones? Last post on 11/27/15 at 7:46am in Headphones (full-size)
- Jecklin Float One versus Jecklin Float Two - What's the difference Last post on 2/11/15 at 4:13pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphone help! Last post on 2/11/15 at 2:04pm in Headphones (full-size)
- New headphones recommendations Last post on 2/15/15 at 4:29pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
iBasso IT03 [1xDD 2xBA] Introduction: the mission statement of the company iBasso is “To capture the essence of music for all to enjoy” On their Facebook banner it also reads “We...
In 1976 two engineering students at Cambridge University with a passion for electronics and music founded Amplification and Recording Cambridge (Arcam). In 1988 they produced the first...
Very detailed quality sound . I am able to find details which missed before. Details with layer and staging. Staging and positioning isn't huge or odd. But I can feel it in my head when listening...
Disclaimer Firstly, I would like to thank the 1More team for giving these to me for the purpose of this review. All impressions will be made from as much as an objective standpoint as possible....
This is a review of the Advanced AcousticWerkes Nebula 2 IEM’s. The Advanced AcousticWerkes (AAW) Nebula 2 was sent to me from MusicTeck who is the authorized dealer in the US for AWW. A big...
Audiophile Company :Dpost #1 of 1711/15/12 at 2:27amThread Starter
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #2 of 1711/15/12 at 5:09amVery broad question. Mostly because there are a number of ways to look at "best" - do you mean:
- Best selling?
- Best looking?
- Best fitting?
- Best measuring?
- Most expensive?
- Best supported?
Anyways, if I had to throw out an answer, I'd probably posit Koss. They've been around forever, they have a wide range of products, and probably the best customer service/warranty of any consumer electronics company (if not any company period - honestly I think Briggs & Riley (they make luggage) is the only other company that has been so consistently "good" in my experience). But this doesn't mean their products are the best to the exclusion of all others, or that their products are the best choice for a given person.
There are many good headphone companies out there - Sennheiser, Audio-Technica, STAX, Beyerdynamic, Sony, Ultrasone, AKG, Grado, and many others that have been around for a long time, make good products (and have many happy customers), and generally stand behind their products. So I don't know if it's possible to say there is a clear-cut "best" option.
At the end of the day I wouldn't worry so much about what company is "overall best" (because that's unknowable), or what "wins" at the Consumer-Reports game; instead I would worry about what is best for you and your tastes. What looks right to you may look completely askew to someone else.
Edited by obobskivich - 11/15/12 at 5:12ampost #3 of 1711/15/12 at 5:42am
BTW - and I think you'd agree obobs - this is just about the stupidest possible indicator of "bestness" there is.
I'd beware, or be very skeptical at the very least, of "best of" lists that are organized in a highest-to-lowest price manner.post #4 of 1711/15/12 at 6:03amQuote:
Yeah. I still think ssrock64's "The List" is cool though. But it isn't a ranking of performance or anything, and I don't think that kind of connection should be drawn in general (sure, price tells us *some* things, but it often hides details more than it fleshes them out).post #5 of 1711/15/12 at 6:05ampost #6 of 1711/15/12 at 6:31ampost #7 of 1711/15/12 at 6:38ampost #8 of 1711/15/12 at 6:41am
That's purely a taste thing. I have the MS2i (close cousin of 325i) and it has a unique and treble happy sound signature not everybody will love.post #9 of 1711/15/12 at 7:40amQuote:Originally Posted by h4mm3r 0f th0r
why don't you try this thread and find out for yourself...
Again, not to put too fine a point on it, but...post #10 of 1711/15/12 at 7:45ampost #11 of 1711/15/12 at 7:56amBest company in terms of consistent sound quality? STAX. Overall, including value? HiFiMan. Best value in headphones? Koss ESP/950, as long as you can get them <$700. Best headphones ever made? No such thing. Different headphones are better with different things.
A top 20 or 50 list is a ridiculous and irresponsible thing, and the ones being circulated and praised nowadays are simply a parade of unobtainium and the most expensive cans. That's not only inaccurate, it's often unethical.post #12 of 1711/15/12 at 8:41amQuote:
So if I worked for a company that sold the headphones that I rated best, could that be considered unethical?post #13 of 1711/15/12 at 11:15amQuote:
I believe that anyone who is a MOT needs to be held to a higher degree of scrutiny than others, and accept that some folks will be skeptical of their findings, even in the best of situations. Also, people should take "top #" lists with a truckload of salt and never use them as a replacement for due diligence in critical listening. A list isn't Gospel and it isn't proof.post #14 of 1711/15/12 at 11:22amQuote:
SR-40? (note: I've never heard them).Quote:
I agree with this. The SR-325 aren't "bad" but they aren't for everyone - build quality, performance, etc is easily to par for their price though. But if you don't like their specific sound, that's another story.post #15 of 1711/15/12 at 11:58amThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by Magick Man
Best company in terms of consistent sound quality? STAX. Overall, including value? HiFiMan. Best value in headphones? Koss ESP/950, as long as you can get them <$700. Best headphones ever made? No such thing. Different headphones are better with different things.
A top 20 or 50 list is a ridiculous and irresponsible thing, and the ones being circulated and praised nowadays are simply a parade of unobtainium and the most expensive cans. That's not only inaccurate, it's often unethical.
STAX has the best sound quality of all company's? Do tell why, and i agree with you with hifiman. i find myself very impressed by them and sennheiser.
- Audiophile Company :D
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Introducing Trinity Audio Engineering 21 seconds ago
- › Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread 22 seconds ago
- › LH Labs' gorgeous Vi Dac ( Tube + SS outputs ) 58 seconds ago
- › The Stax Thread III 2 minutes ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 2 minutes ago
- › OPPO HA-2 Portable Headphone Amplifier/DAC Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 3 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 3 minutes ago
- › Like New Focal Elear 4 minutes ago
- › Cayin N5 DAP - Product Info (Post #2), Resources (Post #3) and... 4 minutes ago
- › iBasso IT03 by jon parker
- › Arcam irDAC-II - DAC, Headphone Amp, Bluetooth Streamer by crabdog
- › Noble Audio Kaiser 10 by dubbcd
- › 1MORE iBFree Bluetooth In-Ear Headphones with Microphone and Remote... by dnun8086
- › AAW Nebula Two Hybrid In-Ear Monitor by peter123
- › Brainwavz Krudul Duo Earphone Storage Management System Hanger by FUYU
- › Panasonic sealed earphone high-res sound source Silver RP-HDE10-S by Ralphee
- › SMSL sApII TPA6120A2 Big Power High Fidelity Stereo Headphone... by richyboy
- › Alpha & Delta D2 by crabdog
- › Philips SHE3595WT/28 In-Ear Headset with Mic White by Prosie
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...