And you need a third amp to drive your HE-6 phones, of course. Which probably means, if you listen to discs, you need another CD player too, just to add to all this fun.
- productStax SR-009 Electrostatic Headphonestagged by System, 3/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- B&W P7 vs NAD VISO HP50 Last post on 12/2/13 at 11:26am in Headphones (full-size)
- I'e done my due diligence so far......... Last post on 11/13/13 at 6:38pm in Headphones (full-size)
- I'm new at all this and not a sophisticated audiophile... Last post on 11/9/13 at 7:51am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Looking for the Stax SR 009 experience Last post on 11/7/13 at 7:26am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking for the Stax SR 009 experience... Last post on 11/7/13 at 7:21am in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 12/5/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...Last edited: 8/2/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Summit-Fi)Last edited: Yesterday
Introduction - The HD 518's are the starter model in the Sennheiser's audiophile range. They are really VFM and a good starter audiophile headphone for people who are looking into going the...
I got these on a pawn shop deal, and wanted some cheap headphones that could deliver for what I was looking for. An all-arounder that provided clarity, good bass, nice treble, and handled all...
Introduction: I still don't know why I keep buying headphones, really! I thought I was done but no, headphones like this one have to pop up on my radar and I'm weak enough that I have to buy...
Comparing these to my Philips L1 and my Beyer T1 they have a lot more mid-bass through midrange and are slightly tilted toward the high. They sound great but quite a bit different sound signature...
DISCLAIMER This review is based on the demo set at Jaben Singapore, which I have demoed extensively no less than 3 times. Though fit is pretty good, but as perfect fit is not achieved, I shall...
Amp for SR-009 that can drive also other headphones? - Page 2post #16 of 2711/18/12 at 5:24pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 2712/10/12 at 6:31ampost #18 of 271/10/13 at 2:06pmThread Starterpost #19 of 271/10/13 at 6:36pmQuote:
You would have to find a headphone amp that also has speaker level outputs. The site states that 3 watts is enough to drive Stax headphones "effortlessly".
Depending on my BHSE delivery time I may get an WEE, and try it from my 35 watt PP amp, and the 5 watt KT88 SE amp I plan to build once I finish moving.post #20 of 271/10/13 at 6:48pmQuote:
Seriously, just do it properly and buy two amps, one 'stat and one dynamic. You'll get much better results than trying to kludge.post #21 of 271/10/13 at 6:56pm
IMO, the most versatile electrostatic amp would have to be a BHSE w/ RK50, with Pro + Normal jacks. Will drive SR-009, OII, etc, plus the array of legacy Normal-bias headphones!
I agree with 2 amps as well. BHSE + GS-X MKII. I recently chose not to go that path though.post #22 of 271/11/13 at 1:51amThread StarterQuote:
I´m planning to yes, but the proper amps like LL and BHSE are not available until 4-5 months.
So please give me some names of amps that are good with WEE?post #23 of 271/11/13 at 5:00amTrends TA-10 series T-amps (speaker amps) are inexpensive and do a decent job. I used a maxed out 10.1 and SRD7-Pro with a pair of HE60s for a while; decent+ sound.Plus side: You'll then have a nice little speaker amp after you get a dedicated stat amp. Minus: At the same combined price point, you'll get better detail (and maybe better resale potential) out of a used stat amp.post #24 of 271/11/13 at 7:05ampost #25 of 271/16/13 at 8:10pmpost #26 of 271/16/13 at 10:24pmEddie Current 2A3 + Woo WEE = profit (You don't need high power to drive stats with a WEE, I've done it with a similar.)Quote:
I've used the exact same (WEE w/ SR-009) with my Cary SLI-80 F1, it's very "ballsy". HP amp, speaker amp, & stat amp, it does it all, and does it really well.
Edited by Magick Man - 1/16/13 at 10:27pmpost #27 of 271/17/13 at 7:05am
Anybody using a WEE with anything other then a throw away Stax headphone better check what "bias supply" is in there. No ballast resistors and other "nice" bits in some of these units...
- Amp for SR-009 that can drive also other headphones?
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...
- › Android-fi! 45 seconds ago
- › The (new) V-Shaped club 1 minute ago
- › Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old... 1 minute ago
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production... 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › Looking for a durable, balanced IEM 2 minutes ago
- › Best IEM for a bass head? 3 minutes ago
- › You Know You're an Audiophile When.. Version 2! 3 minutes ago
- › Vancouver meet anyone? 3 minutes ago
- › jpop ...yea looking for a headphone 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD-518 by xoriac
- › Roland RH-200 Monitor Headphones by IEMagnet01
- › Perfect Sound d901b by gelocks
- › Sony MDR-7520 Professional Headphones by groovyd
- › FitEar Private C435 Custom In-Ear Monitors by Joe-Siow
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic... by kingpage
- › Sony NWZ-A818 8GB by stuartfang
- › M-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphones by adevriesc
- › Samson SR950 by adevriesc
- › Yamaha HPH-200 Headphone (Black) by adevriesc
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe