And you need a third amp to drive your HE-6 phones, of course. Which probably means, if you listen to discs, you need another CD player too, just to add to all this fun.
- productStax SR-009 Electrostatic Headphonestagged by System, 3/5/13
Related Forum Threads
- Survey - how much money would you pay for a headphone setup that is guaranteed to be the best out... Last post on 4/21/14 at 3:29am in Headphones (full-size)
- Stax 009,boxed MINT Condition..USA Only Last post on 4/16/14 at 4:19am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- REVIEW - HiFiMan HE-560 Planar Magnetic Headphones - Stock Headphone Impressions here, No Mods... Last post on Today at 1:23 am in Headphones (full-size)
- The best headphones in the world Last post on 4/7/14 at 8:05pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Cavalli Audio Liquid Gold with Abyss AB-1266 - Head-Fi TV Last post on 4/14/14 at 7:14am in High-end Audio Forum
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 12/20/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...Last edited: 8/2/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Summit-Fi)Last edited: 12/10/13
(Note - XL ear pads are installed. The sound will be judged based on that.) Introduction: I purchased these headphones mainly out of curiosity. I was reading reviews and watching youtubers...
Accessories: Includes a pouch and cable. Pouch is well-built, compact, and stylish. Soft, flexible cable has never tangled for me in my time with it. Right angled jack is durable and well-relieved....
First off, I would like to thank Noisehush for sending me the NX85's! I'll get into the review now. Packaging: The NX85 come in a sturdy black card board box. It is all black, except the...
The LH Labs Geek Out had a lot to live up to. A good 7+ months ago, the Geek Out started as a concept. This concept was to bring a high quality audio experience into a small and affordable device....
If you like electric music or hip hop rap,this is it,but if you want a more balanced sound you better go for the sennheiser momentum or ue6000.
Amp for SR-009 that can drive also other headphones? - Page 2post #16 of 2711/18/12 at 5:24pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 2712/10/12 at 6:31ampost #18 of 271/10/13 at 2:06pmThread Starterpost #19 of 271/10/13 at 6:36pmQuote:
You would have to find a headphone amp that also has speaker level outputs. The site states that 3 watts is enough to drive Stax headphones "effortlessly".
Depending on my BHSE delivery time I may get an WEE, and try it from my 35 watt PP amp, and the 5 watt KT88 SE amp I plan to build once I finish moving.post #20 of 271/10/13 at 6:48pmQuote:
Seriously, just do it properly and buy two amps, one 'stat and one dynamic. You'll get much better results than trying to kludge.post #21 of 271/10/13 at 6:56pm
IMO, the most versatile electrostatic amp would have to be a BHSE w/ RK50, with Pro + Normal jacks. Will drive SR-009, OII, etc, plus the array of legacy Normal-bias headphones!
I agree with 2 amps as well. BHSE + GS-X MKII. I recently chose not to go that path though.post #22 of 271/11/13 at 1:51amThread StarterQuote:
I´m planning to yes, but the proper amps like LL and BHSE are not available until 4-5 months.
So please give me some names of amps that are good with WEE?post #23 of 271/11/13 at 5:00amTrends TA-10 series T-amps (speaker amps) are inexpensive and do a decent job. I used a maxed out 10.1 and SRD7-Pro with a pair of HE60s for a while; decent+ sound.Plus side: You'll then have a nice little speaker amp after you get a dedicated stat amp. Minus: At the same combined price point, you'll get better detail (and maybe better resale potential) out of a used stat amp.post #24 of 271/11/13 at 7:05ampost #25 of 271/16/13 at 8:10pmpost #26 of 271/16/13 at 10:24pmEddie Current 2A3 + Woo WEE = profit (You don't need high power to drive stats with a WEE, I've done it with a similar.)Quote:
I've used the exact same (WEE w/ SR-009) with my Cary SLI-80 F1, it's very "ballsy". HP amp, speaker amp, & stat amp, it does it all, and does it really well.
Edited by Magick Man - 1/16/13 at 10:27pmpost #27 of 271/17/13 at 7:05am
Anybody using a WEE with anything other then a throw away Stax headphone better check what "bias supply" is in there. No ballast resistors and other "nice" bits in some of these units...
- Amp for SR-009 that can drive also other headphones?
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 20 seconds ago
- › Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old... 24 seconds ago
- › Seattle Spring Meet @ BottleHeadquarters April 26,2014 59 seconds ago
- › 3.5 to RCA question 1 minute ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 2 minutes ago
- › The Astell and Kern AK240 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › iFi Audio Nano iDSD announced 3 minutes ago
- › The Audiophile Bass Lounge 4 minutes ago
- › pupDAC Step-by-Step Build Thread 4 minutes ago
- › My Very First Cans - HD600 (with HD650 cables) vs. HD650 5 minutes ago
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-100 by zach8278
- › Ultimate Ears UE4000 Headphones by gopats1479
- › NoiseHush NX85 Stereo 3.5mm Headset with Mic - Retail Packaging -... by Mathewsa
- › LHLabs Geek Out by bhazard
- › Monster Inspiration by betterthan1122
- › Meridian Explorer by zolkis
- › Beyerdynamic T51P Tesla Headphone - Silver by twister6
- › FiiO E17 by zach8278
- › T-Peos H-300 - 3 Way Hybrid by White Lotus
- › Beats Studio Over-Ear Headphone (Black) - NEW by 2001Audiophile
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude