And you need a third amp to drive your HE-6 phones, of course. Which probably means, if you listen to discs, you need another CD player too, just to add to all this fun.
- productStax SR-009 Electrostatic Headphonestagged by System, 3/5/13
Related Forum Threads
- Stax protection Last post on 2/5/15 at 5:04am in High-end Audio Forum
- What would you say are the best 3 IEM's out in the market now ? Last post on 2/19/15 at 7:12am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- High-End Over-Ear Discussion Last post on 1/20/15 at 1:53pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Stax 009 Last post on 12/3/14 at 9:19pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Stax 009: Advice on Buying used Last post on 11/15/14 at 5:58pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/8/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Amp for SR-009 that can drive also other headphones? - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
You would have to find a headphone amp that also has speaker level outputs. The site states that 3 watts is enough to drive Stax headphones "effortlessly".
Depending on my BHSE delivery time I may get an WEE, and try it from my 35 watt PP amp, and the 5 watt KT88 SE amp I plan to build once I finish moving.
Seriously, just do it properly and buy two amps, one 'stat and one dynamic. You'll get much better results than trying to kludge.
IMO, the most versatile electrostatic amp would have to be a BHSE w/ RK50, with Pro + Normal jacks. Will drive SR-009, OII, etc, plus the array of legacy Normal-bias headphones!
I agree with 2 amps as well. BHSE + GS-X MKII. I recently chose not to go that path though.
I´m planning to yes, but the proper amps like LL and BHSE are not available until 4-5 months.
So please give me some names of amps that are good with WEE?
I've used the exact same (WEE w/ SR-009) with my Cary SLI-80 F1, it's very "ballsy". HP amp, speaker amp, & stat amp, it does it all, and does it really well.
Edited by Magick Man - 1/16/13 at 10:27pm
Anybody using a WEE with anything other then a throw away Stax headphone better check what "bias supply" is in there. No ballast resistors and other "nice" bits in some of these units...
- Amp for SR-009 that can drive also other headphones?
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 6 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 and Wireless! 28 seconds ago
- › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** 1 minute ago
- › Comparisons: 24 of the Top Closed/Portable Headphones Around 2 minutes ago
- › Resonessence Labs Concero discussion/review thead 4 minutes ago
- › Home-Made IEMs 5 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 10 minutes ago
- › 24bit vs 16bit, the myth exploded! 10 minutes ago
- › The Takstar, Technical Pro, Gemini Greathon, CyberX, Qpad Thread 12 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 380 PRO Headphones by Zobel
- › PENDULUMIC STANCE S1+ Bluethooth Wireless Headphones by Deckardk
- › JVC KENWOOD In-Ear Headphones HA-FX750 by Whitigir
- › Schiit Lyr 2 by bpandbass
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by cleg
- › OSTRY KC06A Hi-Fi In-Ear High Performance Earphones Headphones by xsuper
- › Brainwavz Delta by vaziyetu
- › JVC Kenwood Victer Stereo Headphones Ha-sz1000 by Hawaiibadboy
- › MEElectronics M9 Classic Hi-Fi Noise-Isolating In-Ear Headphones by pformagg
- › Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay H8 by Giogio
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2