And you need a third amp to drive your HE-6 phones, of course. Which probably means, if you listen to discs, you need another CD player too, just to add to all this fun.
- productStax SR-009 Electrostatic Headphonestagged by System, 3/5/13
Related Forum Threads
- The best headphones in the world Last post on 3/7/14 at 12:25am in Headphones (full-size)
- Cavalli Audio Liquid Gold with Abyss AB-1266 - Head-Fi TV Last post on 3/4/14 at 7:57am in High-end Audio Forum
- How many pairs of Headphones did you purchase before you found "The one"? Last post on 1/20/14 at 11:12am in Headphones (full-size)
- B&W P7 vs NAD VISO HP50 Last post on 3/9/14 at 12:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Going from Sennheiser HD800 to Stax SR-009? Last post on 11/19/13 at 11:25am in High-end Audio Forum
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 12/20/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...Last edited: 8/2/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Summit-Fi)Last edited: 12/10/13
My current set. My favorite and my private oasis. These beauties will cut out most if not all ambient noise like while driving in a car and household noise when the music is flowing. I became a fan...
I was asked to listen to the Musical Fidelity MF100 and received them about 4 weeks ago. I get quite a lot of headphones through my door, I only review the ones I like and I like these a lot. I...
Got the SE846 last week and did some hours of comparison with my current SE535. My bias was towards keeping them - I like flagship products as a "there is nothing better" products, i.e. do not...
So I finally broke my go to earbuds, and went searching for a replacement. I was actually so disappointed with these things that I made it a point to get out and put out a review. Bass continuously...
I was looking for closed headphones with a pricetag up to €200 that could be used without an amp. After some research and listening sessions I bought the M50x. There's really not a lot to say about...
Amp for SR-009 that can drive also other headphones? - Page 2post #16 of 2711/18/12 at 5:24pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 2712/10/12 at 6:31ampost #18 of 271/10/13 at 2:06pmThread Starterpost #19 of 271/10/13 at 6:36pmQuote:
You would have to find a headphone amp that also has speaker level outputs. The site states that 3 watts is enough to drive Stax headphones "effortlessly".
Depending on my BHSE delivery time I may get an WEE, and try it from my 35 watt PP amp, and the 5 watt KT88 SE amp I plan to build once I finish moving.post #20 of 271/10/13 at 6:48pmQuote:
Seriously, just do it properly and buy two amps, one 'stat and one dynamic. You'll get much better results than trying to kludge.post #21 of 271/10/13 at 6:56pm
IMO, the most versatile electrostatic amp would have to be a BHSE w/ RK50, with Pro + Normal jacks. Will drive SR-009, OII, etc, plus the array of legacy Normal-bias headphones!
I agree with 2 amps as well. BHSE + GS-X MKII. I recently chose not to go that path though.post #22 of 271/11/13 at 1:51amThread StarterQuote:
I´m planning to yes, but the proper amps like LL and BHSE are not available until 4-5 months.
So please give me some names of amps that are good with WEE?post #23 of 271/11/13 at 5:00amTrends TA-10 series T-amps (speaker amps) are inexpensive and do a decent job. I used a maxed out 10.1 and SRD7-Pro with a pair of HE60s for a while; decent+ sound.Plus side: You'll then have a nice little speaker amp after you get a dedicated stat amp. Minus: At the same combined price point, you'll get better detail (and maybe better resale potential) out of a used stat amp.post #24 of 271/11/13 at 7:05ampost #25 of 271/16/13 at 8:10pmpost #26 of 271/16/13 at 10:24pmEddie Current 2A3 + Woo WEE = profit (You don't need high power to drive stats with a WEE, I've done it with a similar.)Quote:
I've used the exact same (WEE w/ SR-009) with my Cary SLI-80 F1, it's very "ballsy". HP amp, speaker amp, & stat amp, it does it all, and does it really well.
Edited by Magick Man - 1/16/13 at 10:27pmpost #27 of 271/17/13 at 7:05am
Anybody using a WEE with anything other then a throw away Stax headphone better check what "bias supply" is in there. No ballast resistors and other "nice" bits in some of these units...
- Amp for SR-009 that can drive also other headphones?
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...
- › HD600 + Extended Bass + Larger Soundstage = ? 39 seconds ago
- › Recommendations for over ear headphones under $300 1 minute ago
- › (How-to fix) How I fixed my Ultimate Ears Triple-Fi 10 (TF10) 1 minute ago
- › Martin Logan Mikros 90 On-Ear Headphones 1 minute ago
- › Orthodynamic Roundup 2 minutes ago
- › Yulong A28 2 minutes ago
- › AudioQuest Dragonfly Review : Affordable, Outstanding, Tiny DAC / Amp 2 minutes ago
- › Looking for an open backed headphone to replace failing HD540... 2 minutes ago
- › Ranking of 21 DACs and DAC Configurations (and why chocolate ice... 3 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 3 minutes ago
- › Ultimate Ears 500 by echo1284
- › Musical Fidelity MF-100 High Quality On-Ear Headphones by astroid
- › Shure SE846 Sound Isolating™ Earphone by agistrilink
- › NCredible NErgy In-Ear Headphones by Monster® by tevbax
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by De_klusjesman
- › Klipsch S3M-Blue-HP In-Ear Headphone, Blue by DaddyMojo
- › Unique Melody Mentor acrylic universal/custom by svyr
- › Fischer Audio TBA-04 IEM by exsomnis
- › Edifier H850 by ClieOS
- › Edifier USA Spinnaker Media Speaker System (Black) by project86
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude