And you need a third amp to drive your HE-6 phones, of course. Which probably means, if you listen to discs, you need another CD player too, just to add to all this fun.
- productStax SR-009 Electrostatic Headphonestagged by System, 3/5/13
Related Forum Threads
- Stax protection Last post on 2/5/15 at 5:04am in High-end Audio Forum
- What would you say are the best 3 IEM's out in the market now ? Last post on 2/19/15 at 7:12am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- High-End Over-Ear Discussion Last post on 1/20/15 at 1:53pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Stax 009 Last post on 12/3/14 at 9:19pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Stax 009: Advice on Buying used Last post on 11/15/14 at 5:58pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 7/31/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/28/15
You gonna get an amp now? ...or wait? o.k., you gonna wait? keep...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Amp for SR-009 that can drive also other headphones? - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
You would have to find a headphone amp that also has speaker level outputs. The site states that 3 watts is enough to drive Stax headphones "effortlessly".
Depending on my BHSE delivery time I may get an WEE, and try it from my 35 watt PP amp, and the 5 watt KT88 SE amp I plan to build once I finish moving.
Seriously, just do it properly and buy two amps, one 'stat and one dynamic. You'll get much better results than trying to kludge.
IMO, the most versatile electrostatic amp would have to be a BHSE w/ RK50, with Pro + Normal jacks. Will drive SR-009, OII, etc, plus the array of legacy Normal-bias headphones!
I agree with 2 amps as well. BHSE + GS-X MKII. I recently chose not to go that path though.
I´m planning to yes, but the proper amps like LL and BHSE are not available until 4-5 months.
So please give me some names of amps that are good with WEE?
I've used the exact same (WEE w/ SR-009) with my Cary SLI-80 F1, it's very "ballsy". HP amp, speaker amp, & stat amp, it does it all, and does it really well.
Edited by Magick Man - 1/16/13 at 10:27pm
Anybody using a WEE with anything other then a throw away Stax headphone better check what "bias supply" is in there. No ballast resistors and other "nice" bits in some of these units...
- Amp for SR-009 that can drive also other headphones?
- › ZMF x Vibro & ZMF Blackwood Discussion Thread. 2 seconds ago
- › Introducing Hidizs' new product AP300 9 seconds ago
- › Did Sennheiser just reveal the Orpheus successor? 14 seconds ago
- › HIFIMAN HE6 or STAX SR-507...which to choose, and why? 36 seconds ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 56 seconds ago
- › [NEW] Audio Technica CKR series (CKR10, CKR9, CKR7) 1 minute ago
- › K712 owners HELP MEEEE 1 minute ago
- › Download Single Hi-Res Tracks? 1 minute ago
- › Project Ember Tube Rolling 2 minutes ago
- › Destiny 3 minutes ago
- › ZMF x Vibro by keanex
- › FOSTEX T40RP mkII DJ Headphones by JVC steven
- › Alpha & Delta AD01 by Hawaiibadboy
- › Campfire Audio Lyra by tassardar
- › PW Audio Legend II v2 Copper IEM Cable by MikePortnoy
- › Xiaomi Mi Headphone by MrTechAgent
- › Fidue A65 - Titanium micro dynamic driver IEM by Hisoundfi
- › Project Horizon 3 by Army-Firedawg
- › HiFiMAN HE400S by grizzlybeast
- › KZ ED9 Tunning Nozzles In-Ear Headphones by nauhid
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2