Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Beyerdynamic T70p
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Beyerdynamic T70p

post #1 of 5
Thread Starter 

I've been looking around for a new pair of closed headphones and I stumbled upon the T70ps. What caught my interest was the comfort and build quality. I did a lot of research on the sound and the reviews were all extremely mixed. What are you thoughts on the T70ps? Could you recommend some alternatives? 


Edited by PineappleNoir - 11/14/12 at 11:45pm
post #2 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by PineappleNoir View Post

I've been looking around for a new pair of closed headphones and I stumbled upon the T70ps. What caught my interest was the comfort and build quality. I did a lot of research on the sound and the reviews were all extremely mixed. What are you thoughts on the T70ps? Could you recommend some alternatives? 

 

Heya,

 

Review in my signature.

 

What kind of sound are you looking for? Describe it? Bassy? Neutral? Bass shy? Warm? Analytical? Bright? Dark?

 

What's your budget?

And do you have an amplifier?

Is this for home use or portable use?

 

Very best,

post #3 of 5
Thread Starter 

Well, I'm looking for something a on the neutral side, and an expansive sound stage would be nice too. My max budget for the headphones themselves is 600USD (excluding tax). As for the amp, I plan on getting an E11. Really, i plan on using this at home and on the go. Comfort is also pretty important. My ears overheat very easily.


Edited by PineappleNoir - 11/15/12 at 3:56pm
post #4 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by PineappleNoir View Post

Well, I'm looking for something a on the neutral side, and an expansive sound stage would be nice too. My max budget for the headphones themselves is 600USD (excluding tax). As for the amp, I plan on getting an E11. Really, i plan on using this at home and on the go. Comfort is also pretty important. My ears overheat very easily.

 

Heya,


I assume you still want a closed headphone?

 

Look into:

 

AKG K550

AKG K272 HD

AKG K271 MKII

AKG K167

Ultrasone HFI 780

Ultrasone PRO 650

Ultrasone PRO 750

Shure SRH840
Sennheiser HD380 PRO

AudioTechnica A700X

AudioTechnica W1000X

AudioTechnica A1000X

AudioTechnica A2000X

Denon D7000 (classic; used)

Mr Speaker Mad Dogs (Modded T50RP)

Sony MDRZX700

Sony MDR1R

 

Very best,

post #5 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by MalVeauX View Post

 

Heya,


I assume you still want a closed headphone?

 

Look into:

 

AKG K550

Ultrasone PRO 900

Shure SRH940

Denon D7000 (classic; used)

Denon D5000

Denon D2000

Mr Speaker Mad Dogs (Modded T50RP)*********  Best bang for your buck IMO.

 

Very best,

 

 

The T70s as well.  But they have less bass than the ones MalVeauX picked out.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Beyerdynamic T70p