I went through a similar situation where my 12 year old nephew asked for my opinion about the Beats because that's what he's asking his parents for for Christmas, I gave him my opinion of the two that I've had experience with, Solo & Studio. (Solo is a complete waste of money & Studio is decent but not for the price.) It didn't sway his opinion a bit. Still wanted the Solos. That is until we were at Best Buy. I asked if he had ever listened to them and he said no. I got him to demo them and he made a face when he heard the Solos. Definitely did not like the muddiness of everything so now he's looking at something else. I did catch him eyeballing the Soul SL150s. Quick impression wasn't too bad, at least it wasn't a sloggy mess like the Beats. He hasn't heard my m80s yet tho, maybe that'll change his mind again.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productBeats by Dr. Dre MIXR Black Over-Ear Headphonetagged by System, 11/15/12
- productBeyerdynamic HS 600 DANR EXECUTIVE Aviation Headsettagged by System, 11/15/12
- productMonster Diamond Tears On-Ear Headphones, Blacktagged by System, 11/15/12
- productMonster® Diesel Vektr On-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 11/15/12
- productV-MODA Crossfade M-100tagged by System, 11/15/12
- productV-MODA Crossfade M-80tagged by System, 11/15/12
Related Forum Threads
- What's a good EQ setting for V-Moda Crossfade M-80? Last post on 11/7/13 at 1:07pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Need Help! Is The V-Moda Crossfade LP's Worth It? Last post on 10/6/13 at 8:39pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Need help on picking the right pair of On/Around ear Headphones Last post on 9/28/13 at 1:45pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Mp3 player for v-moda crossfade m-100 Last post on 9/16/13 at 4:17am in Portable Source Gear
- Sol republic track HD's, V-MODA crossfade M-80's or the Monster DNA??? Last post on 9/9/13 at 7:50pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 12/6/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
As nicely explained by Victor in his review of the same CIEM, this is the previous flagship model from FitEar. In fact, unless you are married to the emphasised bass of the MH335DW, this would...
First of all, I am not a audiofile with several pairs of $1,000 headphones. I am more of a casual listener but I do like good sound. This is also my first review on head-fi so give me some feedback...
I love these headphones! So comfortable you will forget you're wearing them. My cousin once commented "This is the best bass I've ever heard in a headphone!" While I know there are headphones out...
My first in-ear headphone. Always thought they couldn't be any good compared to the over-ear headphones. I was wrong. The looks are a matter of taste, so I keep that in the middle for a...
I've spent the past week auditioning these new VSD1S by VSonic. Before this I was listening extensively to my dual dynamics JVC FXT90's and my dual armature UE 700. For a single dynamic driver that...
Little brother absolutely wants beats for Christmas. Refuses Sennheiser, Beyerdynamic, PSB, Focal... - Page 5post #61 of 20611/19/12 at 1:19pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #62 of 20611/19/12 at 2:29pmQuote:Originally Posted by gee money
Here's my story on this...
Christmas time last year, my 13 year old niece said she wanted a pair Dre Beats. Despite my efforts to convince her mother otherwise, she basically said that while she believed in what I was saying in terms of better headphones for the price, or even cheaper for the price, it would not make her (my niece) happy unless she got the Beats. She wanted them probably for the same reasons that your 11 year old brother wants them now. So on Christmas morning she got the Beats and I've never seen her happier. Her happiness made my family and I happy. That's what's important. She's never going to become an audiophile no matter how many times I try to convince her about better sounding HPs. So it's better to let her be happy with the beats.
Your brother is 11 years old. Get him the Beats and make him happy. Assuming you both live under the same roof, you have plenty of time to teach him about audiophile quality HPs and equipment.
Am I really the only person on Earth that find this deeply disturbing?
You're actually raising your child to be materialistic, a blind consumer an a mindless capitalist. And you're happy about it. What will it be when she's 18, a brand new Camaro? And of course that'll make her as happy as she's ever been.post #63 of 20611/19/12 at 2:37pmQuote:Originally Posted by KimLaroux
Am I really the only person on Earth that find this deeply disturbing?
You're actually raising your child to be materialistic, a blind consumer an a mindless capitalist. And you're happy about it. What will it be when she's 18, a brand new Camaro? And of course that'll make her as happy as she's ever been.
Comparing Beats to a Camaro? Thats a HUGE price difference..post #64 of 20611/19/12 at 3:04pm
By the age of 18 it won't be...
Not always getting what you want is sometimes better than always getting what you want.post #65 of 20611/19/12 at 3:08pmQuote:
I would never spend so much on a car. Atleast I hope I don'tpost #66 of 20611/19/12 at 3:10pm
Hey Kim, if I bought you a brand new camero you'd be happy too. "Materialism be damned!! I got me a new car!!!"
This isn't about your happiness on Christmas but the happiness you create by giving joy to others through gift giving. Folks like my niece and the OP's 11 year old brother don't give a damn about audio quality. They are choosing style over substance. That's no secret. So yes, we can try to educate our siblings and relatives on the merits of having quality headphones/audio gear. Hopefully some will listen.
But when X-Mas or birthday time comes around, and said child has their heart set on owning a pair of beats or some other popular brand name that they have repeated said they wanted no matter how many times you tried to convince them otherwise. If you don't mind paying the money, you're better off just getting them what they want. To see her grinning from ear to ear was more than enough to say getting her the beats despite what I think was okay. Sorry folks but its not the end of the world if the kid wants beats.post #67 of 20611/19/12 at 3:14pmpost #68 of 20611/19/12 at 3:15pmpost #69 of 20611/19/12 at 5:17pmpost #70 of 20611/19/12 at 5:19pmQuote:
LOL and your kid probably will like itpost #71 of 20611/19/12 at 5:37pmpost #72 of 20611/19/12 at 5:39pmpost #73 of 20611/19/12 at 5:42pmpost #74 of 20611/19/12 at 5:48pm
- Little brother absolutely wants beats for Christmas. Refuses Sennheiser, Beyerdynamic, PSB, Focal and V-Moda
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › HeadAmp Headphone Demos -- Audeze LCD-X and LCD-XC sign up on Black... 1 minute ago
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 3 minutes ago
- › The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2 3 minutes ago
- › The Centrance HiFi M8 thread 4 minutes ago
- › Tough question - full size, efficient, extreme comfort and more... 8 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 8 minutes ago
- › Fiio E18 10 minutes ago
- › AUDEZE LCD XC 14 minutes ago
- › AKG new headphone K545? 14 minutes ago
- › Aurisonics is coming out with a new IEM? 16 minutes ago
- › FitEar Private C435 Custom In-Ear Monitors by Kiats
- › Monster iSport LIVESTRONG® In-Ear Headphones by Bassbanger101
- › Sennheiser HD 560 Ovation by Beeferer
- › Philips S2BK/28 Fidelio In-Ear Headsets by Antilochos
- › VSONIC VSD1S by IEMagnet01
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 by eightbitpotion
- › NuForce Icon uDAC-2 (Black) USB DAC (24bit/96kHz) and Headphone... by jshaffe
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by jshaffe
- › Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 OHM Semi-open reference headphone by jshaffe
- › MartinLogan Mikros 90 Reference On-Ear Headphones, Black by pataburd
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by warrenpchi