- 25 Posts. Joined 11/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50s/LE Limited Edition Professional Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 11/15/12
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 11/15/12
- productSennheiser HD 380 PRO Headphonestagged by System, 11/15/12
- productSennheiser HD 518tagged by System, 11/15/12
- productSennheiser HD 555 Headphonestagged by System, 11/15/12
- productSennheiser HD 558tagged by System, 11/15/12
- productSennheiser HD 595 Headphonestagged by System, 11/15/12
- productSennheiser HD 598tagged by System, 11/15/12
Related Forum Threads
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- Need upgrade advice! Last post on 1/3/12 at 7:48am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need help choosing my first pair of quality headphones! Last post on 6/11/11 at 6:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Searching for headphones under $150USD for home use! Last post on 12/26/12 at 6:02am in Headphones (full-size)
- Stuck between Sennheiser HD 518 or 598 Last post on 4/28/13 at 12:14pm in Headphones (full-size)
Intro/Setup The full-size closed under $200 category is a very popular one among pro’s and casual listeners alike. The most similar competitor to this I own is the Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro...
Fantastic sound quality! Very clean, detailed and balanced sound. Really strong power for high impedance headphones. Best buy until US 250,00.. It can drive easily my AKG K702 (famous for being...
Great sound, strong bass, great construct quality, very confortable, warm sound. This is a real overall headphone. Everything will sound good on it (not a real reference headphone). Fantastic for...
Great sound, great tone, very well balanced, very clean, great bass (not lacking), detailed sound. Everything sounds great on the SENNHEISER HD 598.
Fantastic Reference Headphones, fantastic sound clarity and definition. The soundstage is the best! Incredible detailed sound and instruments separation. Not for everyone. This is a very honest...
Sennheiser hd380 pro or hd555 or hd595 or audio technicia ath m50s LE
Gear mentioned in this thread:
The Sennheiser HD5XX line might not fit your needs as they require an amp to sound good and also they're open back, which means sound leakage and no isolation.
The M50s are always a solid and very common recommendation for everyone in a similar to your situation.
M50 has rubbish soundstage
HD5-- line has rubbish isolation
isolation and soundstage don't normally go together,
but a good choice would be the Beyerdynamic DT770
since it has okay isolation and okay soundstage
- Sennheiser hd380 pro or hd555 or hd595 or audio technicia ath m50s LE
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 or M2 Wired 1 minute ago
- › "The Lab" 1 minute ago
- › How many pairs of headphones do you own? 3 minutes ago
- › Need help for amplifier and speakers for my desktop 3 minutes ago
- › 2359glenn | studio 4 minutes ago
- › Headphones for metal music - ultimate solution 6 minutes ago
- › SoundMAGIC HP100/HP150 Review and Impressions Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up (Update: April 25th, 2015) 7 minutes ago
- › The Fiio X5 Thread 8 minutes ago
- › 2015 - Sony PHA - 1A Portable Hi-Res DAC/Headphone Amplifier 9 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 380 PRO Headphones by rigodeni
- › Matrix M-Stage by Johannus
- › Pioneer HDJ-2000 Reference Professional Dj Headphones by Johannus
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by Johannus
- › AKG K 702 Black by Johannus
- › AKG K 702 Headphones by Johannus
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by Johannus
- › Sennheiser RS 185 RF Wireless Headphone System by mark2410
- › Philips Fidelio L2 by DJScope
- › HUM Pervasion - Android DAP by DJScope
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2