- 3,950 Posts. Joined 2/2011
- Location: Sussex, U.K
- Select All Posts By This User
- productAKG K 242 HD High-Definition Headphonestagged by System, 11/15/12
- productAKG K701 Studio Headphonestagged by System, 11/15/12
- productAKG K 702 Headphonestagged by System, 11/15/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 11/15/12
- productSennheiser HD-598tagged by System, 11/15/12
- productShure SRH 940tagged by System, 11/15/12
- productSony MDR-CD900STtagged by System, 11/15/12
- productSoundmagic HP200tagged by System, 11/15/12
Related Forum Threads
- Headphone recommendation Last post on 8/22/11 at 10:13am in Headphones (full-size)
- Which of these headphones are the best for me... Last post on 1/13/13 at 7:01pm in Headphones (full-size)
- *NOOB* Looking for starter headphones ~ $200-250 Last post on 11/22/12 at 12:49pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best Portable Headphones for under 300? Last post on 11/26/13 at 6:16am in Headphones (full-size)
- Shure SRH-940 question Last post on 10/9/12 at 6:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 8/29/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
This is my first DAP. I bought it in August with pre-installed 2.1 firmware and I have to say I am positively surprised how great this player sounds. I honestly can not compare it with other DAPs...
i just bought an Asus Vulcan pro gaming headset on a whim and I've gotta say I'm pleasantly surprised so I thought id share my experience. Now let me qualify this, I'm not saying they have the same...
Warm sound, good mid, great price Easy to drive compare with other studio headphone, there is shouldn't be too much complaint consider this headphone now only retail about $70 and sound really...
So the Pan Am from ALO Audio. This little guy is pretty dang impressive. An excellently-built, functioning desktop solution that is pretty easy on the eyes too! For the record, I've got the whole...
REVIEW: Brainwavz S5 Specifications: (from Brainwavz site) Driver: 10mm Dynamic Rated Impedance: 16 Ω Frequency Range: 18Hz - 24kHz Sensitivity: 110 dB @ 1 mW Cable: 1.3m,...
Mid-Centric Headphones? - Page 2post #16 of 2211/15/12 at 3:08pmHP200 leak as they are open back, vs SE535 they are more neutral with more detail, much better highs and not as thick a tone.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 2211/15/12 at 5:45pmpost #18 of 2211/15/12 at 7:55pmQuote:
Take any headphone, and equalize the bass and treble to just below the mid-range frequencies. Boom, instant mid-forward headphone.
Very best,post #19 of 2211/15/12 at 8:18pmQuote:
HD598 meets all your requirements. I have yet to hear any headphone that has as good of a midrange as the HD598. You can equalize a headphone to be mid-centric but it won't sound quite the same (smoothness wise), have the same level of comfort, the perfect soundstage, etc. And equalizing does take a bit of time to learn properly.post #20 of 2211/16/12 at 4:47pmpost #21 of 2211/17/12 at 5:32pmThread Starter
- Mid-Centric Headphones?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Grado Fan Club! 12 seconds ago
- › Music Game IX 19 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › Music City Meet -- Nashville, TN -- Fall 2014 (Sept 20, 2014) 1 minute ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 1 minute ago
- › Thoughts on a bunch of DACs (and why I hate chocolate ice cream) 2 minutes ago
- › Songs that make your headphone WOOOOOW!!! 2 minutes ago
- › New post window only displays raw HTML 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 4 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX90 Portable Digital Audio Player by marhol
- › ASUS Vulcan ANC Circumaural Pro Gaming Headset by robthebiggerman
- › AKG Acoustics K-240 Semi Open Studio Headphones by jerryg
- › ALO Audio The Pan Am by JoeDoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Zelda
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Kunlun
- › Violectric HPA V281 by saxelrod92
- › Yamaha EPH-100SL Inner-Ear Headphone by lumberjake
- › Schiit Audio Ragnarok by goldendarko
- › Ultimate Ears UE9000 Noise-Cancelling Wireless Headphones by SennsAsian
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)