- 4,227 Posts. Joined 2/2011
- Location: Sussex, U.K
- Select All Posts By This User
- productAKG K 242 HD High-Definition Headphonestagged by System, 11/15/12
- productAKG K701 Studio Headphonestagged by System, 11/15/12
- productAKG K 702 Headphonestagged by System, 11/15/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 11/15/12
- productSennheiser HD 598tagged by System, 11/15/12
- productShure SRH 940tagged by System, 11/15/12
- productSony MDR-CD900STtagged by System, 11/15/12
- productSoundmagic HP200tagged by System, 11/15/12
Related Forum Threads
- Headphone recommendation Last post on 8/22/11 at 10:13am in Headphones (full-size)
- Which of these headphones are the best for me... Last post on 1/13/13 at 7:01pm in Headphones (full-size)
- *NOOB* Looking for starter headphones ~ $200-250 Last post on 11/22/12 at 12:49pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best Portable Headphones for under 300? Last post on 11/26/13 at 6:16am in Headphones (full-size)
- Shure SRH-940 question Last post on 10/9/12 at 6:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I bought these headphones about year ago (I use them almost everyday), as an upgrade from my g430s when the cable finally wore out. In some cases (only some cases) I think the sound quality might...
Introduction Sennheiser HD650 is one of the (seemingly) consecrated headphones made by Sennheiser as an upgrade (update?) to their well received model, HD600. HD600 has been...
I finally took the plunge and got these. It's amazing how TOTL IEMS can sound so different. Bass: Tight and full. Tip dependent. With the triple flanges thought my head was going to blow off. I...
The original iDSD Micro stood out from the competition as an all-in-one replacement for the most discerning listeners' setups. The original iDSD Micro delivered - I had one, but as I started to not...
Dynamic headphones by the primarily planar producing HiFiman, very good value(especially if you live in america). Detailed and strong treble, decent mids and midbass yet a little light on lower...
Mid-Centric Headphones? - Page 2post #16 of 2211/15/12 at 3:08pmHP200 leak as they are open back, vs SE535 they are more neutral with more detail, much better highs and not as thick a tone.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 2211/15/12 at 5:45pmpost #18 of 2211/15/12 at 7:55pmQuote:
Take any headphone, and equalize the bass and treble to just below the mid-range frequencies. Boom, instant mid-forward headphone.
Very best,post #19 of 2211/15/12 at 8:18pmQuote:
HD598 meets all your requirements. I have yet to hear any headphone that has as good of a midrange as the HD598. You can equalize a headphone to be mid-centric but it won't sound quite the same (smoothness wise), have the same level of comfort, the perfect soundstage, etc. And equalizing does take a bit of time to learn properly.post #20 of 2211/16/12 at 4:47pmpost #21 of 2211/17/12 at 5:32pmThread Starter
- Mid-Centric Headphones?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Themed Monthly Avatar Committee (TMAC) discussion thread 1 second ago
- › Brand New : Tralucent Audio Ref.1 Too & original Ref.1 1 minute ago
- › COMING SOON: Cayin N3 Hi-Res DAP with AKM4490 DAC, apt-X Bluetooth,... 1 minute ago
- › Gemini Hsr 1000 aka takstar pro 80 interest check 1 minute ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 1 minute ago
- › Show us your vintage headphones! 2 minutes ago
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-1A - Sony's latest update on the 1R 2 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 2 minutes ago
- › The Entry Level Stax Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Logitech Wireless Gaming Headset G930 with 7.1 Surround Sound by jimtree
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by Dobrescu George
- › Shure SE846 Sound Isolating™ Earphone by anqallyt
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by vapman
- › Massdrop x HIFIMAN HE350 by machielsste
- › Sennheiser Momentum In Ear (iOS version) - Black Chrome by HiWire
- › Fiio F1 Dynamic In-ear Monitors by Brooko
- › ENIGMAcoustics Dharma D1000 by geoffalter11
- › Emotiva Stealth DC-1 | Balanced 24/192 Fully Differential DAC by audiobean
- › Sennheiser HD 380 PRO Headphones by Dobrescu George
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear