- 2,660 Posts. Joined 2/2011
- Location: Portugal
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Headphone recommendation Last post on 8/22/11 at 10:13am in Headphones (full-size)
- Which of these headphones are the best for me... Last post on 1/13/13 at 7:01pm in Headphones (full-size)
- *NOOB* Looking for starter headphones ~ $200-250 Last post on 11/22/12 at 12:49pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best Portable Headphones for under 300? Last post on 10/19/12 at 11:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Shure SRH-940 question Last post on 10/9/12 at 6:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)
Edited on 5/13/13
- Grado Modification OverviewEdited on 9/27/11
- Headphone ImpedanceEdited on 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeEdited on 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaEdited on 1/6/13
A few years ago I was a big fan of the Shuttle Barebone SFF PCs for LAN party gaming. I also was a big fan of surround audio for gaming. I had a soundblaster that days. But the graphics cards grew...
Good solid bass, not very impactful, definitely not for bassheads. Has a warmer feel, and is not very laid back. Also less colored than I would expect. Overall good, as I paid around 120 for...
I joined head-fi specificaly to post this review.... First - my credentials as a headphone user (as far as they go). I've been into hi-fi for 3 decades, and consider myself a reasonably...
Disclaimer: This review isn't based on NwAvguy words and/or the stereotypes arround the ODAC. You won't see me using the words "transparent" and or "clinical". I actually gave the thing an honest...
Asus is a well known tech company. They make laptops, desktops, tablets, motherboards, video cards, and a few other odds and ends. Around here, they are most known for their...
Mid-Centric Headphones? - Page 2post #16 of 2211/15/12 at 3:08pmHP200 leak as they are open back, vs SE535 they are more neutral with more detail, much better highs and not as thick a tone.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 2211/15/12 at 5:45pmpost #18 of 2211/15/12 at 7:55pmQuote:
Take any headphone, and equalize the bass and treble to just below the mid-range frequencies. Boom, instant mid-forward headphone.
Very best,post #19 of 2211/15/12 at 8:18pmQuote:
HD598 meets all your requirements. I have yet to hear any headphone that has as good of a midrange as the HD598. You can equalize a headphone to be mid-centric but it won't sound quite the same (smoothness wise), have the same level of comfort, the perfect soundstage, etc. And equalizing does take a bit of time to learn properly.post #20 of 2211/16/12 at 4:47pmpost #21 of 2211/17/12 at 5:32pmThread Starter
- Mid-Centric Headphones?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Grado Modification Overview
- › Advice needed for buying decent headphone & portable amp in San... 13 seconds ago
- › AKG K712 PRO Announced 14 seconds ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 28 seconds ago
- › Logitech UE 900 28 seconds ago
- › Garage 1217- Project Ember- for Sale Serial # 0001 1 minute ago
- › [REVIEW] Aurisonics ASG-2 - 1Plus2, TG334, Senn IE800, Flat-4, RDB+... 1 minute ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Updated: 5/23/2013.... 3 minutes ago
- › Themed Monthly Avatar Committee (TMAC) discussion thread 3 minutes ago
- › Black magic for the studio: an old Sound on Sound article, "Hi-fi... 3 minutes ago
- › Newbie to head-fi here. Introduction maybe? 4 minutes ago
- › Xonar U7 - 7.1 USB-Soundkarte by pietcux
- › Shure SE215 Special Edition by Landon Watson
- › AKG K451 High-Performance Foldable Mini Headset (Black) by tintoy
- › JDS Labs ODAC by Rem0o
- › ASUS Xonar Essence STU by project86
- › Unique Melody Miracle by lin0003
- › KEF M200 Hi-Fi In-Ear Headphones, Aluminum/Black by mcook1970
- › Beats Solo by Dr. Dre On-Ear Headphones with ControlTalk (White) by TheBrutux168
- › Skullcandy 50/50 - Headset ( in-ear ear-bud ) - white, chrome by TheBrutux168
- › Sennheiser HD-600 by JustinBieber
- › Syncing music and making playlists work with... by Currawong
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe