- 3,950 Posts. Joined 2/2011
- Location: Sussex, U.K
- Select All Posts By This User
- productAKG K 242 HD High-Definition Headphonestagged by System, 11/15/12
- productAKG K701 Studio Headphonestagged by System, 11/15/12
- productAKG K 702 Headphonestagged by System, 11/15/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 11/15/12
- productSennheiser HD 598tagged by System, 11/15/12
- productShure SRH 940tagged by System, 11/15/12
- productSony MDR-CD900STtagged by System, 11/15/12
- productSoundmagic HP200tagged by System, 11/15/12
Related Forum Threads
- Headphone recommendation Last post on 8/22/11 at 10:13am in Headphones (full-size)
- Which of these headphones are the best for me... Last post on 1/13/13 at 7:01pm in Headphones (full-size)
- *NOOB* Looking for starter headphones ~ $200-250 Last post on 11/22/12 at 12:49pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best Portable Headphones for under 300? Last post on 11/26/13 at 6:16am in Headphones (full-size)
- Shure SRH-940 question Last post on 10/9/12 at 6:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 7/31/15
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Wow. There doesn’t seem to be a more appropriate way to word the beginning of this review, than to simply express my genuine surprise, and indeed – to a certain extent – admiration of the UMi Voix...
I bought the Q Audio French Silk balanced cable for my Audeze LCD-3's mainly because of the ergonomics and cool design/look over the stock cables. When running balanced, I doubted I would hear much...
I got a pair of these new on Amazon about a month and a half ago. I thought they sounded great for a pair of closed on-ears, and were pretty decently comfortable to the point that listening to...
At the time of the review, the Audioquest Nighthawk headphone was on sale at TTJV Audio’s website. Here is a link to Todd’s listing of the...
REVIEW FOR THE APOGEE GROOVE ABOUT ME Let me introduce myself my name is Adam I am a 38 years old, I have been into audio equipment since I was in highschool. I don’t consider myself an...
Mid-Centric Headphones? - Page 2post #16 of 2211/15/12 at 3:08pmHP200 leak as they are open back, vs SE535 they are more neutral with more detail, much better highs and not as thick a tone.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 2211/15/12 at 5:45pmpost #18 of 2211/15/12 at 7:55pmQuote:
Take any headphone, and equalize the bass and treble to just below the mid-range frequencies. Boom, instant mid-forward headphone.
Very best,post #19 of 2211/15/12 at 8:18pmQuote:
HD598 meets all your requirements. I have yet to hear any headphone that has as good of a midrange as the HD598. You can equalize a headphone to be mid-centric but it won't sound quite the same (smoothness wise), have the same level of comfort, the perfect soundstage, etc. And equalizing does take a bit of time to learn properly.post #20 of 2211/16/12 at 4:47pmpost #21 of 2211/17/12 at 5:32pmThread Starter
- Mid-Centric Headphones?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Polk Subwoofer w/ Klipsch Promedia Satellites 1 minute ago
- › WTB- Leckerton UHA760 or Headstage Arrow 5TX. 1 minute ago
- › Asian music (Chinese, Japanese, Korean) 3 minutes ago
- › Astell & Kern Junior (AK Jr.) Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 6 minutes ago
- › Apple Touch 6G 128GB - Info and impressions 5G vs 6G 6 minutes ago
- › DUNU DN-2000J -- More Than Evolution? 6 minutes ago
- › Luxury & Precision L5 32bit DSD Portable Lossless Music Player with... 7 minutes ago
- › JH Audio Layla Impressions Thread 12 minutes ago
- › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. 12 minutes ago
- › UMI Voix Blu by Rashmosh
- › Q Cables by Mediahound
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by goodyfresh
- › AudioQuest - Nighthawk Headphones by Hisoundfi
- › Apogee GROOVE Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier for Mac and PC by acain
- › Noble Audio Savant by Brooko
- › Bose® Computer MusicMonitor® -- Silver by labrat
- › Harman Kardon AE1 In Ear Headphones by Army-Firedawg
- › RHA T20 by dweaver
- › Bluetooth receiver dual amplifier class1 NFC (black) [Japan Import] by peter123
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3