- 2,607 Posts. Joined 2/2011
- Location: Portugal
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Headphone recommendation Last post on 8/22/11 at 10:13am in Headphones (full-size)
- Which of these headphones are the best for me... Last post on 1/13/13 at 7:01pm in Headphones (full-size)
- *NOOB* Looking for starter headphones ~ $200-250 Last post on 11/22/12 at 12:49pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best Portable Headphones for under 300? Last post on 10/19/12 at 11:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Shure SRH-940 question Last post on 10/9/12 at 6:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)
Edited on 5/13/13
- Grado Modification OverviewEdited on 9/27/11
- Headphone ImpedanceEdited on 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeEdited on 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaEdited on 1/6/13
I agree w most reviews that these does not warrant the $499 MSRP. (Then rather opt for D5k, D7k). BUT - at the +-$230 range I got them at (Amazon warehouse) - these are VERY good value for...
Disclaimer- This review has been written based on past 2 year’s observations. I am not a part of the audio industry or trade and I represent no one but myself, and this review is written...
Introduction The easiest way to explain the Sennheiser CX-150's is that they do what you can reasonably expect. You can't really expect much from a pair of sub-50 dollar IEM's, and frankly, I...
Who/what? I'd like to thank Rhapsodio for sending the 2v1 our way for a tour, along with the Shozy amp. Australia isn't exactly a hot electronics place First off - Rhapsodio is a young IEM...
The below review is a summary of a full comparison of the AD1000X to the AD900X and Sony MA900 found...
Mid-Centric Headphones? - Page 2post #16 of 2211/15/12 at 3:08pmHP200 leak as they are open back, vs SE535 they are more neutral with more detail, much better highs and not as thick a tone.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 2211/15/12 at 5:45pmpost #18 of 2211/15/12 at 7:55pmQuote:
Take any headphone, and equalize the bass and treble to just below the mid-range frequencies. Boom, instant mid-forward headphone.
Very best,post #19 of 2211/15/12 at 8:18pmQuote:
HD598 meets all your requirements. I have yet to hear any headphone that has as good of a midrange as the HD598. You can equalize a headphone to be mid-centric but it won't sound quite the same (smoothness wise), have the same level of comfort, the perfect soundstage, etc. And equalizing does take a bit of time to learn properly.post #20 of 2211/16/12 at 4:47pmpost #21 of 2211/17/12 at 5:32pmThread Starter
- Mid-Centric Headphones?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Grado Modification Overview
- › Buying portable or in-ear headphones? Seeking guidance? DON'T START... 10 seconds ago
- › Looking for a good all-round headphone 1 minute ago
- › Which would you choose? 1 minute ago
- › DNA Stratus 2A3 amplifier - first impressions 3 minutes ago
- › The Centrance HiFi M8 thread 3 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 4 minutes ago
- › REVIEW: Yulong D100 MKII DAC - an update to an already excellent... 4 minutes ago
- › Beats by dre Pro Indepth review 5 minutes ago
- › FIGHT THE BEATS HYPE (Ultrasone HFI-580/HFI 580 appreciation thread) 5 minutes ago
- › 1st Post!! Need your guys expert advice 5 minutes ago
- › Denon AH-D600 by johangrb
- › Sennheiser HD 250 Linear II by xEcuToR
- › Sennheiser CX150 Ear-Canal Phones by BadMoose
- › Rhapsodio RDB+ 2v1 by svyr
- › Audio-technica AIR Dynamic Headphones Ath-ad1000x by a_recording
- › Schiit Valhalla by Rem0o
- › Sony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphones by derbigpr
- › Colorfly Pocket Hi-fi C4 by yxmees
- › audio-technica Premium Compact Inner Ear Headphones ATH-CKN70 Black... by a_recording
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH PRO700 mk2 by TheGame21x
- › Syncing music and making playlists work with... by Currawong
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe