Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › ACS T1 Live! vs Heir Audio 8.A vs Unique Melody Miracle?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

ACS T1 Live! vs Heir Audio 8.A vs Unique Melody Miracle? - Page 3

Poll Results: Which custom is right for me?

 
  • 7% (3)
    ACS T1 Live!
  • 55% (21)
    Heir Audio 8.A
  • 36% (14)
    Unique Melody Miracle
38 Total Votes  
post #31 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark_h View Post

Don't fall into the 'more drivers the better the IEM' sinkhole! And get some with a recessed plug or you may have problems with durability with extensive use.

If he did then the T1 Live! would not even be there in the first place.

post #32 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3nenbgumi View Post

If he did then the T1 Live! would not even be there in the first place.

 

???

post #33 of 41
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark_h View Post

 

???

 

The T1 Live! has 3 drivers compared to the Miracle's 6 or the 8.A's 8 drivers.

post #34 of 41
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3nenbgumi View Post

Hi there,

 

To be perfectly honest, I think the poll is kind of pointless. No offence here, but given the fact that we all cannot be like average_joe to build up such a huge amount of CIEMs for comparison, at this point I'd say we are just telling you what we want/like personally. And given the usual YMMV, huge chance that it might not do the trick for you. Essentially, aside from sound quality, it boils down to less noticeable but equally important other factors such as comfort, build quality, longevity, customer services...etc. And let's face it: spending 1/6 of that 2000 bucks on a good portable amp will bring substantial gains in sound quality that might not even be realised by splurging on a much more "superior" pair of customs than what you're planning to get. After all, do you have the equipments it takes to appreciate the superiority in sound quality? $100 on a portable amp at this level sounds like a joke to me. No offence.

 

And if I have to chime in my opinion, I'd say that the Heir Audio 8.A with the 25% discount sounds hard to miss with all the customisation options, even though here in the UK I'd rather pick the ACS T1 Live! due to Boots 15% offer and the fact that I have to deal with overseas customs import/duty. The 8.A sounds more to your liking the most out of the three, and given the fact that you'll have around $300 to spare on an amp (or if possible, I suggest some one-in-all solutions like the DX100 or C4 DAP), it's hard to imagine you not emerging a winner. 

 

Well I am choosing between 3 customs so I'm just asking people which one they would prefer. I already took notice of comfort, build quality, customer service, and longevity, as the companies that offer these customs have great customer service so far, exceptional build quality AFAIK, and customs should be an improvement in comfort as so long as my hearing impressions are done right. And I've heard that some customs sound found without an amp, even $800 UM Merlins. The reason I don't want to spend much on an amp is because I found out that as I move up in price I'm moving up in size as well, and IEMs are meant to be portable.

post #35 of 41

It's a bad poll because you are trying to pick between three customs that have different tunings for different audiences (the T1 is a stage monitor, for example, the others aren't). If you don't know what sound you want, then any custom will be a toss-up for you.

 

Customs don't sound their best without an amp and no, you are wrong that pricier amps are larger. There are high-end portable amps that are very small. Look at the Apex Glacier for example.

 

I think the basic problem is that you haven't really done your homework and posting a lot isn't the same and thinking for yourself. Figure out the sound you want and buy the custom that fits that. Buy a Glacier or something similar so the custom you want will sound its best.

post #36 of 41

It looks like the race is between the UM Miracle and the Heir 8.A. Let me be clear, I've never heard a UM product, but I know many (whose hearing tendencies I know well) that have, and the Miracle doesn't seem to be the type of signature you're looking for, because I rarely, if ever see the words "rich, warm, organic and natural" being used to describe the Miracle. I'm sure it's a fine product, as I know quite a few members who really like it, but if you look at what people say about the 8.A, "rich, warm, organic and natural" are words often thrown around. The other thing is that UM doesn't have as good a track record with customer service. They have a good reputation because they've been discussed in the forums longer, but I've heard some pretty bad stories about their messing up orders, delaying orders, or poor response times that tend to get swept under the rug. On the other hand, I've been highly impressed by the level of service that Heir provides. Even though their sample size is smaller (as the company is newer), they've been highly impressive about delivering prompt, high quality service. If there's a problem, you can be sure they'll do everything in their power to make it right. To my understanding, they also have more native or fluent English speakers on their staff. Along with the 2-year warranty and owner transfer thing, you're looking at something that's a great value.

 

It sounds like I'm a Heir fanboy, but that's really not the case. It's merely my conclusion from the interaction I've had with UM (I've had long exchanges with them, both with Stephen Guo and Matt of UMAus) and with the folks at Heir. Yes, I've heard more of Heir's products, but I've been known to speak critically about certain things about their stuff as well. For example, I'm not the biggest fan of the Otterbox case they include, the cleaning tool, and at times, their distribution and shipping (though they've gotten better in this aspect). Then again, you'll run into these same problems with UM as well -- IIRC, they don't include a protective case, only a decorative one, and distribution from China is going to be an issue no matter what if you live in the US. In the US, the one company that has consistently had a great track record for customer service is Ultimate Ears (not JH, nor any other US-based company; not sure about Westone).

post #37 of 41

What about 1964 Ears V6? Or Aurisonics AS-2?

 

It seems like we're looking for similar sound in CIEMs. I'm considering 8.A, 1964 V6, and AS-2 (or ASG-2)


Edited by anoxy - 11/18/12 at 12:45am
post #38 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobotsEatCookie View Post

 

That is some great feedback. I'll be keeping this information in mind when finally purchasing my custom IEMs. I'm also considering the ACS T1, so I think I'll start my process of elimination.

I am enjoying the T1's Terrific service too.

 

 

1000

 

1000

 

1000

 

1000

post #39 of 41

I'm partial with the 8.A

 

700

Dr. John Moulton

Here at Noble, we craft some of the finest universal and custom in-ear monitors available today. 

Reply
post #40 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by FullCircle View Post

I'm partial with the 8.A

 

700

 

biggrin.gif I would hope so!  You build gorgeous CIEM's!

post #41 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomscy2000 View Post

Could be Chinese as well because of the Sino-Japanese Wars and the recent Senkaku Islands crisis. Lots of Chinese are boycotting Japanese products.

 

But, I prefer to take him at his word and regard him as a Martian robot.

Come on. Let's forget the conflicts between Japan and China.

I am Chinese, but i love Japan. I am going to pay a visit to Jp in this summer.

Nothing wrong with wars.There are people; there are conflicts.

But the thing is how to forgive each other and how to compromise after that.

A lot of issues between China and Japan, i believe, are nothing do with people of Japan and China. Governments are playing the drama. 

Most of the mobs participating in boycotting are uneducated, and susceptible by gossips. But i am sure they are not the majority of Chinese people.  

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › ACS T1 Live! vs Heir Audio 8.A vs Unique Melody Miracle?