So i was looking to buy a new pair of headphones, and the ATH m50 are what i am most interested in. The price is around 100-120, so are there any other alternatives that match them in sound and price? thanks
- itemAKG K167 Tiesto Closed Back DJ Studio Headphones
- itemAudio Technica ATH A700X Art Monitor Headphones Japan Import
- itemAudio Technica ATH M50S
- itemAudio Technica ATH M50 Studio Monitor Headphones
- itemBeyerdynamic DT 770 Pro 80 Closed Studio Headphones
- itemBRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphones
- itemFischer Audio FA 003
- itemSennheiser HD 280 Professional Headphones
- itemShure SRH750 DJ Headphones Black
- itemShure SRH840
- itemSony MDR ZX 700
- itemUltrasone HFI 580
- itemUltrasone HFI 780
Related Forum Threads
- Over Ear Headphones - Under $200 Last post on 11/22/12 at 6:58pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for some new Over Ear cans Last post on 11/16/12 at 4:06pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Anything better then the mth- M50s or equally as good for less money? Last post on 9/27/12 at 1:34pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Dubstep Headphones Last post on 11/20/12 at 7:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)
Edited on 5/13/13
- Comparing headphones: Sennheiser's HD 800, HD 600, HD 25-1 and...Edited on 5/27/12
Related Head Gear
- Audio Technica ATH-A700X Art Monitor Headphones...No review yet.
Owned a variety of DAC's DAP/sources, Cowon J3, Hisound Studio 3rd Anniversary, Dacport LX, HRT Music Streamer II+, Sony Walkman Z. The DX100 completely blows them all away with it's reference...
Before you read this, I think you should know that I'm not an audiophile and that English isn't my native language. Let me start this on a positive note. The design of Razer Tiamat...
Performance: Generally really well. Shouldn't lag at all with normal usage. Should be able to handle most modern apps. I managed to get around 8000 on Antutu Benchmark. Currently runs Android...
A few years ago I was a big fan of the Shuttle Barebone SFF PCs for LAN party gaming. I also was a big fan of surround audio for gaming. I had a soundblaster that days. But the graphics cards grew...
Good solid bass, not very impactful, definitely not for bassheads. Has a warmer feel, and is not very laid back. Also less colored than I would expect. Overall good, as I paid around 120 for...
- Comparing headphones: Sennheiser's HD 800, HD 600, HD 25-1 and...
Alternatives to ATH-M50?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
post #2 of 6
11/13/12 at 7:06pm
post #3 of 6
11/14/12 at 5:52pm
post #4 of 6
11/14/12 at 6:02pm
Ultrasone HFI 580**
Ultrasone HFI 780
Shure SRH750 DJ
Beyer DT770 PRO
Sennheiser HD280 PRO
**Are most like what you're asking for.
post #5 of 6
11/15/12 at 7:01am
- Alternatives to ATH-M50?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Currently, there are 2101 Active Users (459 Members and 1642 Guests)
- › Toxic Cables - The Appreciation Thread 10 seconds ago
- › Recommendation for some new open cans 14 seconds ago
- › First Headphone Amp 55 seconds ago
- › Guitar-fi anyone? 1 minute ago
- › Mission : Defeat Zardak 1 minute ago
- › Good Vocal Headphones 3 minutes ago
- › Schiit Lyr/Bifrost uber combo,is it for me? 5 minutes ago
- › If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you... 5 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio S1 and S2 - New IEMs with semi-closed back 6 minutes ago
- › The HeadAmp GS-X Thread 7 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX100 Reference DAP by Poetic
- › Razer Tiamat 7.1 by helmutssss
- › Sony Xperia S Black by TheBrutux168
- › Xonar U7 - 7.1 USB-Soundkarte by pietcux
- › Shure SE215 Special Edition by Landon Watson
- › AKG K451 High-Performance Foldable Mini Headset (Black) by tintoy
- › JDS Labs ODAC by Rem0o
- › ASUS Xonar Essence STU by project86
- › Unique Melody Miracle by lin0003
- › KEF M200 Hi-Fi In-Ear Headphones, Aluminum/Black by mcook1970
- › Syncing music and making playlists work with... by Currawong
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe