I'm looking for a high-end portable at the moment and these two are the best I could find. I was previously considering the Mad Dog, but I'm afraid it's treble will be too lacking for me. I'm looking for present and engaging guitar and vocals and a treble that is impactful but without sibilance (I love it when snare drums and cymbals have impact). As for the bass, I 'm not a basshead and I don't want a huge amount of bass coloration, but on the other hand, I don't want the music to sound thin and lifeless because of lack of bass. I don't mind the T5p being basslight as long as it doesn't sound thin and lifeless. If I find it too lacking I could always use the bass boost in the Fiio E17. So between these two, which will be best for rock/metal?
- productBeyerdynamic T5ptagged by System, 3/1/13
Related Forum Threads
- Astell & Kern AKT5P Last post on 5/20/15 at 10:17am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Closed Cans, looking... Last post on 8/15/15 at 3:08pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- $1000 budget, should I go open or closed? Last post on 1/21/15 at 2:56pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- $300.00 to spend on EITHER IEMs or Closed Can over the ear. What do you suggest? Last post on 10/17/14 at 9:11pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Beyerdynamic T5p - Relist Last post on 8/13/14 at 1:45pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
I picked up these for my wife. I thought that since she is more of an average listener (not too concerned with audio), the V-shaped sound might be acceptable or even preferred. I gave them a listen...
I got to listen to these for a couple weeks as part of the USA tour, with the requirement that I write a review and pay to ship them to the next participant. I am not affiliated with, and was not...
Introduction: I have had the chance to listen to the HD800 a few times at local Head-Fi meets. However, I have never got a good chance to listen to them, either the person who owned them...
At the time of this review, the iFi micro iDSD, iFi nano Gemini cable and iFi nano iUSB3.0 was for sale on Amazon’s website. Here are links for the purchase of these three...
These so far dethroned all my top headphones. Deeper more natural bass than the M50X, or the HE-400, better 3d imaging, and speed than the AD900x, better comfort than the DT990pro. Mine is...
Signature Pro vs T5p for heavy metal?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
The Signature Pro are better pick for these genres music and they improve well with AMPs help but i will recommend to upgrade the AMPs for better soundquality like JDS Labs C421 or highend ALO MK, RSA, Meir Audio AMPs.
i was choosing between T5p and S-pro as well, and ended up with S-Pro. I have to say that I do like the brightness and the fast response associated with Ultrasone, and i used to own a Pro900. however, the main reason i chose the s-pro was because the t5p was too bland for my taste. Beyerdaynamics are known for their colorless presentation and that seems to show with the t5p. Comparing the two, t5p has the upper hand in its airy highs and soundstage, S-pro has better mids and bass and much quicker response which is great for hiphop, pop, RnB . however, as a previous owner of Pro900, i wish if the S-pro had just a little more bass, then it would be perfect for me. :)
Warning: confusing contrasting opinion incoming.
I vastly prefer my T5p over my Sig Pro for metal. Specifically guitars sound right, whereas they don't on the Sig Pro (at least not to me as a metal guitarist and frequent metal gig attendee). Distorted rhythm guitars just sound MIA on the Sig Pro, and actually I find their treble energy lacking compared to the T5p in contrast to the post above mine (makes itself felt mostly in lead guitar). Not everyone will want to hear guitar the same as me I'm sure, but to my ear metal guitar on the T5p is more engaging than the Sig Pro and by a fair margin. Guitar sound seemed to rate fairly high on the OPs scale of importance, so is worth thinking about. To my ear the Sig Pro does not have an advantage in response speed over the T5p. T5p definitely do not sound thin, bass quantity is less than other headphones certainly, however the quality of the bass is superb. For metal I find it hard to believe that someone would want more bass than the Sig Pro puts out, I think you'd have to be getting into basshead territory to want that...
EDIT: Forgot how I'd described the guitars in metal on the Sig Pros before - saw an older thread where I said that I find them a bit 'polite'. That isn't a quality I want in distorted guitars in the metal I listen to.
Edited by NZtechfreak - 11/19/12 at 1:40am
- Signature Pro vs T5p for heavy metal?
- › Xiaomi Hybrid IEM Thread (Piston successor) 37 seconds ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 51 seconds ago
- › If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you... 1 minute ago
- › ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA |... 1 minute ago
- › Audio GD Master-11(Combination from Master 7 and Master 9) 2 minutes ago
- › Are there really no differences in sound quality between amps? 2 minutes ago
- › XMOS XU208 USB BRIDGES - THE LATEST GEN HAS ARRIVED! 3 minutes ago
- › [REVIEW] Aurisonics ASG-2 & 2.5 (with many comparisons) 3 minutes ago
- › LG G5, Possible DAC or Camera modules. Audiophiles enjoy ? 4 minutes ago
- › World First! Massdrop x HiFIMAN Collaboration Announcement 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM In-Ear by Yubacore
- › Meze 99 Classics by Defiant00
- › Sennheiser HD 800 S by silvrr
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by Hisoundfi
- › Audeze EL-8 Open-Back by droido256
- › OPPO PM-3 by Sophonax
- › Sennheiser HD 558 by starbux61
- › FiiO EM3 Open Earbud Earphones with In-Line Microphone (Black) by Feilong4
- › X-18 D2 - Sundown Audio 18" Dual 2-Ohm X-Series Subwoofer by RockeyDA
- › MEElectronics M6 PRO Universal-Fit Noise-Isolating Musician’s... by mark2410
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse