I'm looking for a high-end portable at the moment and these two are the best I could find. I was previously considering the Mad Dog, but I'm afraid it's treble will be too lacking for me. I'm looking for present and engaging guitar and vocals and a treble that is impactful but without sibilance (I love it when snare drums and cymbals have impact). As for the bass, I 'm not a basshead and I don't want a huge amount of bass coloration, but on the other hand, I don't want the music to sound thin and lifeless because of lack of bass. I don't mind the T5p being basslight as long as it doesn't sound thin and lifeless. If I find it too lacking I could always use the bass boost in the Fiio E17. So between these two, which will be best for rock/metal?
- productBeyerdynamic T5ptagged by System, 3/1/13
Related Forum Threads
- Has anyone tried both T1 and T5P driven by HP-A8? Could somebody tell me how they performed under... Last post on 6/18/14 at 1:03am in Headphones (full-size)
- Would T5P be a good update of D5000 or totally a different story? Last post on 7/6/14 at 8:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- t5p vs d7000. Which one has the wider soundstage? Last post on 7/6/14 at 9:52am in Headphones (full-size)
- Beyerdynamic T5p is change of cable possible? Last post on 8/2/14 at 7:02am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Portable amp for T5P Last post on 5/30/14 at 6:10pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
The HD600 is a pair of excellent sounding cans. They have a balanced, natural sound and the soundstage is remarkably large. I can hear all sorts of sounds while listening to these cans and I can...
Before I begin, I’d like to thank shotgunshane for the opportunity to review these new headphones. My first experience with Brainwavz was when I picked up their M4 a couple of years ago. I was...
I have used this amp for about a year now, and I must say it has served me well. POWER Through many different headphones, the FiiO E09K hasn't skipped a beat, and has driven everything from...
Using WASAPI, ASIO and onboard stock drivers yielded the exact same result. Same sound quality and same sound coloration. Unless you are suffering from serious EMI and static noise then these dont...
This is a review of TTPOD T1E dual dynamic driver in-ear headphones. http://penonaudio.com/TTPOD-T1E-Bass Here you go, another in-ear headphone gem for under $50! Though I was a bit skeptical...
Signature Pro vs T5p for heavy metal?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
The Signature Pro are better pick for these genres music and they improve well with AMPs help but i will recommend to upgrade the AMPs for better soundquality like JDS Labs C421 or highend ALO MK, RSA, Meir Audio AMPs.
i was choosing between T5p and S-pro as well, and ended up with S-Pro. I have to say that I do like the brightness and the fast response associated with Ultrasone, and i used to own a Pro900. however, the main reason i chose the s-pro was because the t5p was too bland for my taste. Beyerdaynamics are known for their colorless presentation and that seems to show with the t5p. Comparing the two, t5p has the upper hand in its airy highs and soundstage, S-pro has better mids and bass and much quicker response which is great for hiphop, pop, RnB . however, as a previous owner of Pro900, i wish if the S-pro had just a little more bass, then it would be perfect for me. :)
Warning: confusing contrasting opinion incoming.
I vastly prefer my T5p over my Sig Pro for metal. Specifically guitars sound right, whereas they don't on the Sig Pro (at least not to me as a metal guitarist and frequent metal gig attendee). Distorted rhythm guitars just sound MIA on the Sig Pro, and actually I find their treble energy lacking compared to the T5p in contrast to the post above mine (makes itself felt mostly in lead guitar). Not everyone will want to hear guitar the same as me I'm sure, but to my ear metal guitar on the T5p is more engaging than the Sig Pro and by a fair margin. Guitar sound seemed to rate fairly high on the OPs scale of importance, so is worth thinking about. To my ear the Sig Pro does not have an advantage in response speed over the T5p. T5p definitely do not sound thin, bass quantity is less than other headphones certainly, however the quality of the bass is superb. For metal I find it hard to believe that someone would want more bass than the Sig Pro puts out, I think you'd have to be getting into basshead territory to want that...
EDIT: Forgot how I'd described the guitars in metal on the Sig Pros before - saw an older thread where I said that I find them a bit 'polite'. That isn't a quality I want in distorted guitars in the metal I listen to.
Edited by NZtechfreak - 11/19/12 at 1:40am
- Signature Pro vs T5p for heavy metal?
- › Hifiman HE-4 Impressions Thread 2 seconds ago
- › New Cavalli Audio Portable Amp officially in the works 9 seconds ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 16 seconds ago
- › The Best Bass Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") 18 seconds ago
- › Roll call: Indians staying in India, interested in high end... 41 seconds ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 1 minute ago
- › DIY Cable Questions and Comments Thread 1 minute ago
- › DAC for Lyr2?? 1 minute ago
- › New Member Introductions thread 1 minute ago
- › Little Dot MK VI / Little Dot MK VIII SE Owners Unite 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 by freedom04
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by ZapX629
- › FiiO E09K by MacroPower
- › FiiO Andes (E07K) Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier -... by wigglepuff
- › TTPOD T1-E High Definition Dual Dynamic Professional In-ear Earphone by twister6
- › Havi B3 Pro 1 by bhazard
- › AKG K712 Pro by achelgeson
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Barra
- › PHILIPS-HEADPHONES SHQ1200/28 SHQ1200/28 SPORTS IN EAR HEADPHONES by dieTasse
- › Beats by Dr. Dre Tour In-Ear Headphones by juston
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)