Finally, a Comply replacement. Subbed to this thread - will order these the moment they are for sale!
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandWestonetagged by System, 11/14/12
Related Forum Threads
- Should I pay $150 for Westone W40's or move on??? (Explanation in thread.) Last post on 4/11/14 at 6:53am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Limitations of IEMs, or are these just really bad? Last post on 3/22/14 at 2:32pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Westone STAR(TM) silicon tips and TRUE-FIT(TM) foam tips available Last post on 2/18/14 at 4:47am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Westone product recall Last post on 11/26/12 at 5:22pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- A Westone Affair Last post on 11/1/12 at 11:39pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/4/14
This is my first review, but I will try to make it fast and straight to the point. I just received the HD580s from ebay, and before I bought them I did some research and found out these have...
First impressions When I first tried these headphones out of the box, I was a little disappointed at how the higher frequencies seemed to be more forward than the mids and bass. It wouldn't...
I was on the hunt for a well-made copper cable to complement my stock and third party cables for my Fitear IEMs when I came across Forza Audioworks. Good quality wire, ergonomics and aesthetics...
The best phones I've tried so far. I tried some well-burnt-in beyerdynamic and others in similar price range in a store, and I have owned the 601 before. I also own closed cans, e.g. the K271, and...
First of all, a big THANK YOU to @svyr and @H20Fidelity for organising this Australian tour. It is much appreciated, and my humble ears are feeling so incredibly honoured to be included in this...
Will This Be Called The Westone "Epic" Tip? - Page 3
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
I got my hands on those tips and used them with the W4. I used the ones without color painted on the bottom of the stem. They open up the sound and provides a significantly taller soundstage. The treble sounds slightly brighter, and has more sparkle. The music also more room to breath.
The biggest change is with the W3. On top of what I stated above, there is more noticeable forward mids and less midbass but bass impact remains the same.
Interestingly, this is how I typically describe the improvements I get using my UM56 custom tips with the W4 and W3.
This would be perfect...I love my W3 with Comply P, but always feel that it needs a tad more sparkle and brightness, will definitely buy too as soon as it is made available
I found them amongst my accessories in my new Eestone 4, but, to be honest, I don't think they are anything special. They are not particularly confortable, they are just a variation (in size) of the normal silicone tips. In my opinion the Comply foams are still the way to go
+1 Complys are really comfy but it does stifle the trebles
I was hoping I'd receive the new tips with my UM2's (from Earphone Solutions) that came today.....but sadly no. I'd noticed that they had been shown on the Westone online store as having the new style tips already installed.
On a side note, really loving the sound from them. Exactly what I was hoping for coming from the UM1, fuller sound in general. Now to try them out with those new fancy tips! Anyone have any small or mediums they'd be willing to part with? I've got plenty of a variety of different larger tips I would trade for.
Edited by Macgirl - 11/28/12 at 3:24pm
I emailed Westone customer support about these tips and was told they would be officially available around the first of the year. And the estimated retail price will be $14.99 for a 10 pack (5 pair) and there will be 5 sizes available: small short, small long, medium short, medium long, and large.
No,not at all. Made for Westone only. Might fit Shure and Etymotic as well.
Opened my W4Rs today that I ordered over Thanksgiving weekend and they came with the new tips! I just called customer service to ask a few questions and she confirmed that they designed the tips, but partnered with someone else to make them. As someone else mentioned, she said that they will be for sale early next year directly from them.
- Will This Be Called The Westone "Epic" Tip?
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › AKG K550 Cables cut. Any recommendations on where to get them fixed? 23 seconds ago
- › The value of tube amps 28 seconds ago
- › Tube warmth and distortion and it's pros 49 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Appreciation Thread!! 51 seconds ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 58 seconds ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 59 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre *ES9018K2M*, New amp section. Review 1st... 1 minute ago
- › DIY Cable Gallery!! 1 minute ago
- › The (new) HD800 Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD 580 by achelgeson
- › AKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphones by Flizz
- › Forza Audioworks Copper Series Cable by awry
- › AKG K701 Studio Headphones by unshavenbastard
- › T-Peos H-300 - 3 Way Hybrid by djvkool
- › Astrotec AX-30 by bowei006
- › Beyerdynamic DX 160 iE by Ultramus
- › M-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphones by KonKossKang
- › Sony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphones by KonKossKang
- › Skullcandy Fix In Ear Headphone With 3 Button Remote - White / Chrome by killeraxemannic
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob