Finally, a Comply replacement. Subbed to this thread - will order these the moment they are for sale!
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandWestonetagged by System, 11/14/12
Related Forum Threads
- Westone product recall Last post on 11/26/12 at 5:22pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- A Westone Affair Last post on 11/1/12 at 11:39pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The new Westone line? Last post on 10/4/12 at 3:10pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Shure & Westone Triple Flange problem. Also, question about Sony Hybrid size LL Last post on 7/31/12 at 8:13am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- How long have you had your westone model? Last post on 7/26/12 at 10:00pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 12/10/13
Will This Be Called The Westone "Epic" Tip? - Page 3
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
I got my hands on those tips and used them with the W4. I used the ones without color painted on the bottom of the stem. They open up the sound and provides a significantly taller soundstage. The treble sounds slightly brighter, and has more sparkle. The music also more room to breath.
The biggest change is with the W3. On top of what I stated above, there is more noticeable forward mids and less midbass but bass impact remains the same.
Interestingly, this is how I typically describe the improvements I get using my UM56 custom tips with the W4 and W3.
This would be perfect...I love my W3 with Comply P, but always feel that it needs a tad more sparkle and brightness, will definitely buy too as soon as it is made available
I found them amongst my accessories in my new Eestone 4, but, to be honest, I don't think they are anything special. They are not particularly confortable, they are just a variation (in size) of the normal silicone tips. In my opinion the Comply foams are still the way to go
I was hoping I'd receive the new tips with my UM2's (from Earphone Solutions) that came today.....but sadly no. I'd noticed that they had been shown on the Westone online store as having the new style tips already installed.
On a side note, really loving the sound from them. Exactly what I was hoping for coming from the UM1, fuller sound in general. Now to try them out with those new fancy tips! Anyone have any small or mediums they'd be willing to part with? I've got plenty of a variety of different larger tips I would trade for.
Edited by Macgirl - 11/28/12 at 3:24pm
I emailed Westone customer support about these tips and was told they would be officially available around the first of the year. And the estimated retail price will be $14.99 for a 10 pack (5 pair) and there will be 5 sizes available: small short, small long, medium short, medium long, and large.
No,not at all. Made for Westone only. Might fit Shure and Etymotic as well.
Opened my W4Rs today that I ordered over Thanksgiving weekend and they came with the new tips! I just called customer service to ask a few questions and she confirmed that they designed the tips, but partnered with someone else to make them. As someone else mentioned, she said that they will be for sale early next year directly from them.
- Will This Be Called The Westone "Epic" Tip?
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › BEST ANIME OF 2013 ノ( ゜-゜ノ) 21 seconds ago
- › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** 52 seconds ago
- › Looking to move from IEM's to over the ear and stay under $200. 1 minute ago
- › HiSoundAudio’s BA 100-- Challenge the multi-drivers earpphones!!! 1 minute ago
- › The (new) HD800 Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › VSonic GR07 Bass Edition Impressions 1 minute ago
- › New AKG flagship K812 first impression 1 minute ago
- › Thinking about new headphones... opinions? 2 minutes ago
- › [REVIEW] Sony MW1 - Smart Wireless Headset pro 3 minutes ago
- › Schiit Bifrost Uber Analog Upgrade 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD-598 by davisman
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by gelocks
- › Noble Audio 8C by John0405
- › Koss PortaPro - Headphones ( semi-open ) by cipurian
- › Project Palaios: Iona by lin0003
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by getclikinagas
- › JAYS T00093 a-JAYS Five Earphones for Android - Black by mark2410
- › Beats Pro Over-Ear Headphone (White) by DigitalGrounder
- › AMB Laboratories γ2 (Gamma2) by JustinBieber
- › AKG K701 Studio Headphones by kmaenpaa
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe