hi, iv seen on ebay and other places selling westone 3's that they now provide a free amp along with the iem's themselves. i may sound really dumb here but what is the purpose of a headphone amp and is it worth getting??
Related Forum Threads
- Headphone Amp/USB DAC for ATH-M50s and Westone 3s Last post on 7/6/12 at 9:32am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- WHICH AMP TO BUY?! Last post on 12/6/12 at 1:16pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- New guy here, suggest me some upgrades! Last post on 9/7/11 at 5:09pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Using Westone 3s with iPhone4 is the benefit from an amp/dac worth the investment? Last post on 2/5/11 at 8:48am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Arrow 12HE 2G Settings for Westone 3, HD 580 & SR60i -- Gimme Yur Recs! Last post on 1/26/11 at 5:46pm in Portable Headphone Amps
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
INTRODUCTION Altone250 U.S. Tour Being an Altone200 fan, I was quite excited to hear that T-PEOS was updating their IEM lineup with a new Altone series based on feedback received from the H300...
Intro (Kind of) The Westone W30 is one of several IEMs in Westone's newly revamped universal IEM collection, intended as a removable-cable replacement to the older W3. For those of you who are...
I picked these beautiful-looking babies on amazon few days ago when price dropped on amazon (used ones from amazon warehouse for $400), which was a bargain; compared to $300 price tag on HD650's....
I began to search for a shorter cable for my HD600 just because the stock cable is to long for using with a portable device. I didn't want to spend to much under $100. I did the standard Amazon and...
Exclusive sound, high quality patents "sandwich diaphragm" metal meets the technical.
- Headphone Impedance
westone 3 amp
Gear mentioned in this thread:
In my opinion, most IEMS don't need an amp. Amps are generally used when a source doesn't supply sufficient power to the headphones. There are other reasons to use amps, but they are mainly for providing more power to headphones like the HD650 and other things with high impedance. Some earphones specifically don't have much bass, and a portable amp can add more bass and make the earphones sound more full. I guess impedance can alter the sound as well. I don't know a whole lot about electronics and impedance though.
Personally I don't think it's very helpful unless your source can't power the earphones well, or you are trying to get a slightly fuller sound.
- westone 3 amp
- › "The Lab" 50 seconds ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 50 seconds ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Price dropped - Sennheiser HD580 2 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up (Update: April 25th, 2015) 4 minutes ago
- › Dubai Head-Fi Meet 8th May 2015 4 minutes ago
- › Bicycle-Fi! 4 minutes ago
- › what is the best portable music player to have? 5 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2 : A Review by Baycode 6 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 8 minutes ago
- › T-Peos Altone250 by nmatheis
- › Westone W30 Triple Driver Universal Fit Noise Isolating Earphones,... by C.C.S.
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Headphone by KopaZ
- › Tennmak Sennheiser HD600/650 Short Cable by bikerboy94
- › Original Xiaomi Piston III Youth Edition Earphone Earbuds Headset... by leoscarax
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by knorris908
- › Shure SE425 Earphone by interpolate
- › Bakoon HPA-01 by Currawong
- › Pioneer SE-CX8-T Headphone, Bright Copper by Luckbad
- › Sennheiser HD 239 Headphones Black by rigodeni
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2