hi, iv seen on ebay and other places selling westone 3's that they now provide a free amp along with the iem's themselves. i may sound really dumb here but what is the purpose of a headphone amp and is it worth getting??
Related Forum Threads
- Headphone Amp/USB DAC for ATH-M50s and Westone 3s Last post on 7/6/12 at 9:32am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- WHICH AMP TO BUY?! Last post on 12/6/12 at 1:16pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- New guy here, suggest me some upgrades! Last post on 9/7/11 at 5:09pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Using Westone 3s with iPhone4 is the benefit from an amp/dac worth the investment? Last post on 2/5/11 at 8:48am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Arrow 12HE 2G Settings for Westone 3, HD 580 & SR60i -- Gimme Yur Recs! Last post on 1/26/11 at 5:46pm in Portable Headphone Amps
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
First of all, I have bought these headphones exactly one week ago. I have upgraded to these from my Superlux 668b. I will do a review now, and update it after another couple of weeks worth...
I am from China and I'd like to say Chinese people are lucky enough to have the opportunity to reach most of device in the area of audio especially some brand only provided in China.So it made me...
The Theorem 720 is magical.. Using it is like stepping into a foreign land where everything is crisp, detailed, and so very vivid that you’ll never want to leave again for the boring, veiled,...
This is my first DAP. I bought it in August with pre-installed 2.1 firmware and I have to say I am positively surprised how great this player sounds. I honestly can not compare it with other DAPs...
i just bought an Asus Vulcan pro gaming headset on a whim and I've gotta say I'm pleasantly surprised so I thought id share my experience. Now let me qualify this, I'm not saying they have the same...
- Headphone Impedance
westone 3 amp
Gear mentioned in this thread:
In my opinion, most IEMS don't need an amp. Amps are generally used when a source doesn't supply sufficient power to the headphones. There are other reasons to use amps, but they are mainly for providing more power to headphones like the HD650 and other things with high impedance. Some earphones specifically don't have much bass, and a portable amp can add more bass and make the earphones sound more full. I guess impedance can alter the sound as well. I don't know a whole lot about electronics and impedance though.
Personally I don't think it's very helpful unless your source can't power the earphones well, or you are trying to get a slightly fuller sound.
- westone 3 amp
- › THE ACOUSTIC MUSIC THREAD 33 seconds ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 7/9/2014:... 1 minute ago
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 2 minutes ago
- › Tools for Analyzing the Quality of Mastering 3 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › EPH100-SL / JVC FXD80 / BRAINWAVZ M2 - Recommendations appreciated 3 minutes ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 4 minutes ago
- › DAP-off: Astell&Kern AK240, HiFiMAN HM-901, Sony ZX-1, FiiO X5 +... 5 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 6 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 7 minutes ago
- › Shure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphones by donniefalcone
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by lizhenghong728
- › Cypher Labs Theorem 720 DAC Headphone Amplifier by cripple1
- › iBasso DX90 Portable Digital Audio Player by marhol
- › ASUS Vulcan ANC Circumaural Pro Gaming Headset by robthebiggerman
- › AKG Acoustics K-240 Semi Open Studio Headphones by jerryg
- › ALO Audio The Pan Am by JoeDoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Zelda
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Kunlun
- › Violectric HPA V281 by saxelrod92
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)