hi, iv seen on ebay and other places selling westone 3's that they now provide a free amp along with the iem's themselves. i may sound really dumb here but what is the purpose of a headphone amp and is it worth getting??
Related Forum Threads
- Headphone Amp/USB DAC for ATH-M50s and Westone 3s Last post on 7/6/12 at 9:32am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- WHICH AMP TO BUY?! Last post on 12/6/12 at 1:16pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- New guy here, suggest me some upgrades! Last post on 9/7/11 at 5:09pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Using Westone 3s with iPhone4 is the benefit from an amp/dac worth the investment? Last post on 2/5/11 at 8:48am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Arrow 12HE 2G Settings for Westone 3, HD 580 & SR60i -- Gimme Yur Recs! Last post on 1/26/11 at 5:46pm in Portable Headphone Amps
Diy Beginners Guide
Edited on 11/14/12
- Headphone ImpedanceEdited on 8/18/12
Fanmusic is a distributor and a brand of Chinese audio-equipment which also has an eBay store. I was contacted by Tony, their manager a while ago and he informed me that they were working...
Very nice amp for mid-fiers to entry high-fiers. The sound quality and specs are very good for the price. Works very well with Jazz and Classical music in particular (not that rock and...
My pair was a supposed demo model from one of Hifiman's retailers. They came in mint condition, which is lucky for me. I'm not using a balanced cable yet, but I already feel it's a good upgrade...
The JVC HA M750's were my first "real" pair of headphones. Previously, I had just used iPod headphones and cheap 10 dollar headphones from my local grocery store. As such, I was very impressed by...
- Headphone Impedance
westone 3 amp
Gear mentioned in this thread:
In my opinion, most IEMS don't need an amp. Amps are generally used when a source doesn't supply sufficient power to the headphones. There are other reasons to use amps, but they are mainly for providing more power to headphones like the HD650 and other things with high impedance. Some earphones specifically don't have much bass, and a portable amp can add more bass and make the earphones sound more full. I guess impedance can alter the sound as well. I don't know a whole lot about electronics and impedance though.
Personally I don't think it's very helpful unless your source can't power the earphones well, or you are trying to get a slightly fuller sound.
- westone 3 amp
- › FiiO E17 headphone jack 48 seconds ago
- › The Decware TABOO MK 111 Appreciation Thread 56 seconds ago
- › Help in finding a decent store in Stockholm 1 minute ago
- › Xonar Essene STX EQ doesn't work over 48KHz Sampling Rate ? 1 minute ago
- › Aune T1 USB Tube DAC+Amp Discussion Thread ***See first post for... 4 minutes ago
- › [Review] Future Sonics MG6PRO Ear Monitors: Dynamic Driver... 4 minutes ago
- › London Calling...19th October, 2013. 5 minutes ago
- › AAC Encoding 320kbps vs 512kbps 6 minutes ago
- › Looking for a good DAC... 7 minutes ago
- › Little Dot Tube Amps: Vacuum Tube Rolling Guide 8 minutes ago
- › Fanmusic MS-E1011 by ItsMeHere
- › Audio-gd NFB-5 by citadel
- › HE-5LE by JamesHuntington
- › Kozee Sound Solutions Infinity X2 by Insight Reviews
- › JVC HA M750 by tinamou62
- › Aurisonics ASG-2 by eke2k6
- › Sennheiser HD-558 by Tr1ckster
- › Go-Dap DD Socket1 (DD/DA Converter) for iPhone & iPod... by AnakChan
- › Philips SHL5905BK/28 CitiScape Uptown by Marleybob217
- › AKG K 550 by a_recording
- › Syncing music and making playlists work with... by Currawong
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe