hi, iv seen on ebay and other places selling westone 3's that they now provide a free amp along with the iem's themselves. i may sound really dumb here but what is the purpose of a headphone amp and is it worth getting??
Related Forum Threads
- Headphone Amp/USB DAC for ATH-M50s and Westone 3s Last post on 7/6/12 at 9:32am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- WHICH AMP TO BUY?! Last post on 12/6/12 at 1:16pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- New guy here, suggest me some upgrades! Last post on 9/7/11 at 5:09pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Using Westone 3s with iPhone4 is the benefit from an amp/dac worth the investment? Last post on 2/5/11 at 8:48am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Arrow 12HE 2G Settings for Westone 3, HD 580 & SR60i -- Gimme Yur Recs! Last post on 1/26/11 at 5:46pm in Portable Headphone Amps
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
These were my first pair of cans that I consider my baptism of audiophile stuff. I used them with Fiio E10 as dac and Schiit Asgard as amp. Yes, they sounded good, but not as good as my...
The joys of reviewing a favorite product have eluded yours truly, until the T20 from RHA (Reid & Heath Acoustics) came along, supplied for review by my good friends at Headphone Zone...
A few years back, my family and I underwent a rather large home renovation (including not having a kitchen for 10 weeks; suffice it to say I was sick of take-out food after the summer of 2014). As...
INTRO I purchased these headphones on a whim out of curiosity as the design looked really cool and also I wanted to see what Audioquest might be thinking with their first foray in to headphones...
The Soundmagic E80 was purchased by me from Penon Audio. I’m not in any way affiliated with Penon Audio or Soundmagic. The price was $69 when I bought them and this is where I ordered them...
- Headphone Impedance
westone 3 amp
Gear mentioned in this thread:
In my opinion, most IEMS don't need an amp. Amps are generally used when a source doesn't supply sufficient power to the headphones. There are other reasons to use amps, but they are mainly for providing more power to headphones like the HD650 and other things with high impedance. Some earphones specifically don't have much bass, and a portable amp can add more bass and make the earphones sound more full. I guess impedance can alter the sound as well. I don't know a whole lot about electronics and impedance though.
Personally I don't think it's very helpful unless your source can't power the earphones well, or you are trying to get a slightly fuller sound.
- westone 3 amp
- › The Best IEM's for Bass are...... (The IEM Bass club) 31 seconds ago
- › My DIY electrostatic headphones 40 seconds ago
- › Three Word Story 2 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo - The PORTABLE discussion thread 3 minutes ago
- › FiiO EX1 - Are these the first IEM's by FiiO? -- See the official... 3 minutes ago
- › The Headphone Driver Pics Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 3 minutes ago
- › FiiO Releases EX1 Aerospace Nanotech Titanium Diaphragm IEMs 5 minutes ago
- › AKG K550 and K551 5 minutes ago
- › For 6AS7G tube rollers here ..... 6 minutes ago
- › beyerdynamic DT 770 Stereo Headphones by Meirelles
- › RHA T20 by ShreyasMax
- › Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 by MacedonianHero
- › AudioQuest - Nighthawk Headphones by Mediahound
- › Soundmagic E80 in-ear monitor headphone by peter123
- › Sennheiser HD8 DJ On Ear Headphones by LAmitchell
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by ade_hall
- › VE Zen by Hisoundfi
- › Lumia 640 LTE RM-1072 Black - Factory Unlocked - International... by Mink
- › MEElectronics M6 PRO Universal-Fit Noise-Isolating Musician’s... by whitemass
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3