I'm Stuck between these two headphones. On one hand I'm a basshead and I want the Pro700 but I also want something that sounds amazing. So which one should I get?
- productAudio Technica ATH-A900X | Art Monitor Headphones (Japan Import)tagged by System, 11/15/12
- productAUDIO TECHNICA ATH PRO700 mk2tagged by System, 11/15/12
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphonestagged by System, 11/15/12
- productHiFiMAN HE-400tagged by System, 11/15/12
- productSennheiser HD-598tagged by System, 11/15/12
- productUltrasone HFI-2400tagged by System, 11/15/12
- productUltrasone PRO 750tagged by System, 11/15/12
Related Forum Threads
- Moving to a new level of headphone Last post on 1/24/13 at 11:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for Headphones with good bass impact without hurting the treble and mids. Last post on 11/19/12 at 6:40pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Great sounding headphones under 350 Last post on 11/23/12 at 5:08am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones to upgrade to from the Grado 125..Have Audioengine D1 dac/amp Last post on 12/9/12 at 1:46pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for suggestions... $500 budget, closed back basshead phones, mangi+modi Last post on 2/8/13 at 3:46pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
I want to thanks Vincent from IFI who has sent me the sample for the review. In the past, on my site www.stereo-head.it and on head fi, I’ve already reviewed some IFI’s electronics and i...
Disclosure: I received these headphones from Sony Australia as a review sample to keep. Here is my video review of the 10R, as well as some brief notes about the sound and build of the...
My Story First of all - WOW. This is my first set of proper Hi-fi/Mid-fi cans. It's also easily the best sounding anything I've ever had the pleasure of listening to. However, since I'm new to...
I stumbled upon these headphones after numerous hours of research. To be quite honest, I'd never heard of this brand before so I was a bit hesitant before making the jump; especially after owning...
Let me start with the good, and then explain why you should never buy this IEM. Sound signature: The treble, mids and bass are sort of like that of an HD800, except downgraded. For example, one...
ATH-Pro700mk2 Or Sennheiser HD598post #1 of 411/13/12 at 8:29amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 411/13/12 at 11:06am
What are you looking to use these for? Music? Gaming? Will you be indoors or out and about? What types of music do you like to listen to? These two headphones are very, very different. I own the Pro700MK2s and I am going to pick up some used HD595s (one model older than the 598s) from the post office today. I will gladly give you some advice on these two headphones, but you need to give me a little more to go on.
Keep in mind I have never actually heard these headphones so please take this with a grain of salt, but have you thought about the Beyer 770s? They are kind of a mix between the two of these really. No they will not have quite the bass of the 700MK2s, or the soundstage/lushness of the 598s, but they do have a good mix of both (from what I hear at least.) They are also probably significantly more comfortable than the Pro700MK2s.post #3 of 411/13/12 at 12:24pmQuote:
I would suggest you get something that has excellent all around sonic properties and performance that is also capable of very deep juicy bass. Use a Fiio amplifier for example as they come with a very nice +3db bass enhancement switch/EQ that works without distortion very nicely, it makes even a flat headphone bassy, and a bassy one becomes very bassy. Then you can go basshead, super basshead, on command, and back.
Beyer DT770 PRO
Ultrasone PRO 750
Ultrasone HFI 2400
Very best,post #4 of 411/14/12 at 7:09am
I want the HE-400 so badly it hurts me to look at pictures of it... It is a little out of the price range of these other two he is asking about though. I wanted to chime back in since I have now listened to the HD595s. These things are so lifelike, complete contrast to the Pro700MK2s which are enjoyable, but the opposite of lifelike. Such a smooth listening experience from them, but they don't thump your head like the MK2s do. They did not disappoint in the bass department as much as I expected them to though, in fact I was fairly impressed with the presentation for rock music such as Incubus. I have a friend at work that is bringing some DT770 Pros so I should get to finally try those out.
- ATH-Pro700mk2 Or Sennheiser HD598
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 45 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser RS 170......sound terrible 55 seconds ago
- › The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Owner's Club / Appreciation /... 1 minute ago
- › Help a newbie. Currently using Galaxy Note 3 and Westone 4R. 1 minute ago
- › An audiophile and petrolhead's journal: Buckle up! 3 minutes ago
- › JH Audio JH-13 PRO appreciation thread 4 minutes ago
- › SoundMAGIC HP100 Review 4 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846: A New In-Ear Flagship From Shure. Finally!... 5 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Appreciation Thread 5 minutes ago
- › My Very Simple Denon D600 Mod 5 minutes ago
- › IFI Gemini usb cable by turo91
- › Sony Over-Ear Headphones - MDR-10R by a_recording
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by kuhchuk
- › BRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphones by ashton18
- › Sennheiser IE800 by ag8908
- › Pioneer SE-CL721-K Headphones, Black/Red by tswmcello
- › Colorfly C3 by svyr
- › HiFiMeDIY Sabre Tiny USB DAC Digital to Analog Audio Converter... by laughingbuddha
- › Hifimediy Sabre USB DAC by laughingbuddha
- › Digital Silence DS-101A Stereo Analogue Ambient Noise Cancelling... by julian67
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude