I'm Stuck between these two headphones. On one hand I'm a basshead and I want the Pro700 but I also want something that sounds amazing. So which one should I get?
- productAudio Technica ATH-A900X | Art Monitor Headphones (Japan Import)tagged by System, 11/15/12
- productAUDIO TECHNICA ATH PRO700 mk2tagged by System, 11/15/12
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphonestagged by System, 11/15/12
- productHiFiMAN HE-400tagged by System, 11/15/12
- productSennheiser HD-598tagged by System, 11/15/12
- productUltrasone HFI-2400tagged by System, 11/15/12
- productUltrasone PRO 750tagged by System, 11/15/12
Related Forum Threads
- Moving to a new level of headphone Last post on 1/24/13 at 11:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for Headphones with good bass impact without hurting the treble and mids. Last post on 11/19/12 at 6:40pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Great sounding headphones under 350 Last post on 11/23/12 at 5:08am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones to upgrade to from the Grado 125..Have Audioengine D1 dac/amp Last post on 12/9/12 at 1:46pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for suggestions... $500 budget, closed back basshead phones, mangi+modi Last post on 2/8/13 at 3:46pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
When it comes to Edifier, they are best known for their desktop PC speaker range and acquiring the prestigious electrostatic headphone company Stax. But just because they now own Stax doesn’t mean...
Remember Edifier? The company that now owns Stax? I recently covered their e10 Exclaim desktop speakers and found them rather impressive for just $99. While making a nice budget speaker is...
This is my first review, so please bear with me if I'm not particularly clear. 1) This is a headphones that takes time to appreciate 2) 1/2 star for the sound quality, 4&1/2 star for getting...
The AH-D7100's immediately became my go-to headphones for daily use since the day I purchased them three weeks ago. They sound much fuller compared to my Beyerdynamic T5P's and produce high sound...
You get what you see. Nothing extra. CNT or "Carbon nano tube" diaphrams/drivers were developed by the Chinese (I studied this) and J.V.C was the first to mass produce it in their...
ATH-Pro700mk2 Or Sennheiser HD598post #1 of 411/13/12 at 8:29amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 411/13/12 at 11:06am
What are you looking to use these for? Music? Gaming? Will you be indoors or out and about? What types of music do you like to listen to? These two headphones are very, very different. I own the Pro700MK2s and I am going to pick up some used HD595s (one model older than the 598s) from the post office today. I will gladly give you some advice on these two headphones, but you need to give me a little more to go on.
Keep in mind I have never actually heard these headphones so please take this with a grain of salt, but have you thought about the Beyer 770s? They are kind of a mix between the two of these really. No they will not have quite the bass of the 700MK2s, or the soundstage/lushness of the 598s, but they do have a good mix of both (from what I hear at least.) They are also probably significantly more comfortable than the Pro700MK2s.post #3 of 411/13/12 at 12:24pmQuote:
I would suggest you get something that has excellent all around sonic properties and performance that is also capable of very deep juicy bass. Use a Fiio amplifier for example as they come with a very nice +3db bass enhancement switch/EQ that works without distortion very nicely, it makes even a flat headphone bassy, and a bassy one becomes very bassy. Then you can go basshead, super basshead, on command, and back.
Beyer DT770 PRO
Ultrasone PRO 750
Ultrasone HFI 2400
Very best,post #4 of 411/14/12 at 7:09am
I want the HE-400 so badly it hurts me to look at pictures of it... It is a little out of the price range of these other two he is asking about though. I wanted to chime back in since I have now listened to the HD595s. These things are so lifelike, complete contrast to the Pro700MK2s which are enjoyable, but the opposite of lifelike. Such a smooth listening experience from them, but they don't thump your head like the MK2s do. They did not disappoint in the bass department as much as I expected them to though, in fact I was fairly impressed with the presentation for rock music such as Incubus. I have a friend at work that is bringing some DT770 Pros so I should get to finally try those out.
- ATH-Pro700mk2 Or Sennheiser HD598
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › FiiO X5 preview world tour--first arrivals on page 19, first... 51 seconds ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW Zero Audio Doppios! pg1197 !!.KEF... 1 minute ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 2 minutes ago
- › Resonessence Labs Concero discussion/review thead 2 minutes ago
- › New Custom-to-Universal IEMs: InEar StageDiver 2/3 2 minutes ago
- › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone 3 minutes ago
- › Yamaha EPH-100 3 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 4 minutes ago
- › [New] Philips Fidelio X1 4 minutes ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 4 minutes ago
- › Edifier H850 by ClieOS
- › Edifier USA Spinnaker Media Speaker System (Black) by project86
- › Aftershokz Sportz M2 AS320 Open Ear Sports Headphones by sensible
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by sjp3003
- › JVC Kenwood Victer stereo headphones HA-SZ2000 japan import by Hawaiibadboy
- › PSB M4U 1 by yay101
- › SONY Stereo headphones black MDR-1RMK2/B by Nec3
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50S by turbomustang84
- › Superlux HD669 by mang0
- › IFI Gemini usb cable by turo91
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude