I'm Stuck between these two headphones. On one hand I'm a basshead and I want the Pro700 but I also want something that sounds amazing. So which one should I get?
- productAudio Technica ATH-A900X | Art Monitor Headphones (Japan Import)tagged by System, 11/15/12
- productAUDIO TECHNICA ATH PRO700 mk2tagged by System, 11/15/12
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphonestagged by System, 11/15/12
- productHiFiMAN HE-400tagged by System, 11/15/12
- productSennheiser HD-598tagged by System, 11/15/12
- productUltrasone HFI-2400tagged by System, 11/15/12
- productUltrasone PRO 750tagged by System, 11/15/12
Related Forum Threads
- Moving to a new level of headphone Last post on 1/24/13 at 11:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for Headphones with good bass impact without hurting the treble and mids. Last post on 11/19/12 at 6:40pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Great sounding headphones under 350 Last post on 11/23/12 at 5:08am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones to upgrade to from the Grado 125..Have Audioengine D1 dac/amp Last post on 12/9/12 at 1:46pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for suggestions... $500 budget, closed back basshead phones, mangi+modi Last post on 2/8/13 at 3:46pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: Yesterday
This is a review of the upcoming FiiO X1 digital audio player (DAP). Until my first experience with X5, a little over half a year ago, I used to refer to all dedicated audio players as "mp3"...
It's annoying because I didn't read the manual so I naturally fitted the SE215's wrong, and then looked at videos and found the right fit. The SE215 lack bass with the foam tips, so I put on the...
Before I get started, I’d like to thank the team at Audiofly and Billy from Noisy Motel for making this tour possible. I know that the AF140s have received some criticism so far which is always a...
Disclaimer: I received my R3s for free under the condition I would write a review for them. Purchase price reflects their going rate on a popular online retailer at the time of the review. The...
Beats, the biggest headphone brand in the world, selling more headphones than any other by a large margin and with a huge 60% market share in it's domestic market in the USA, has largely been the...
ATH-Pro700mk2 Or Sennheiser HD598
Gear mentioned in this thread:
What are you looking to use these for? Music? Gaming? Will you be indoors or out and about? What types of music do you like to listen to? These two headphones are very, very different. I own the Pro700MK2s and I am going to pick up some used HD595s (one model older than the 598s) from the post office today. I will gladly give you some advice on these two headphones, but you need to give me a little more to go on.
Keep in mind I have never actually heard these headphones so please take this with a grain of salt, but have you thought about the Beyer 770s? They are kind of a mix between the two of these really. No they will not have quite the bass of the 700MK2s, or the soundstage/lushness of the 598s, but they do have a good mix of both (from what I hear at least.) They are also probably significantly more comfortable than the Pro700MK2s.
I would suggest you get something that has excellent all around sonic properties and performance that is also capable of very deep juicy bass. Use a Fiio amplifier for example as they come with a very nice +3db bass enhancement switch/EQ that works without distortion very nicely, it makes even a flat headphone bassy, and a bassy one becomes very bassy. Then you can go basshead, super basshead, on command, and back.
Beyer DT770 PRO
Ultrasone PRO 750
Ultrasone HFI 2400
I want the HE-400 so badly it hurts me to look at pictures of it... It is a little out of the price range of these other two he is asking about though. I wanted to chime back in since I have now listened to the HD595s. These things are so lifelike, complete contrast to the Pro700MK2s which are enjoyable, but the opposite of lifelike. Such a smooth listening experience from them, but they don't thump your head like the MK2s do. They did not disappoint in the bass department as much as I expected them to though, in fact I was fairly impressed with the presentation for rock music such as Incubus. I have a friend at work that is bringing some DT770 Pros so I should get to finally try those out.
- ATH-Pro700mk2 Or Sennheiser HD598
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 23 seconds ago
- › Aune T1 USB Tube DAC+Amp Discussion Thread ***See first post for... 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 4 minutes ago
- › PC Enthusiast-Fi (PC Gaming/Hardware/Software/Overclocking) 5 minutes ago
- › ALO Audio RXMKIII Balanced Portable Amplifier Impressions 6 minutes ago
- › Havi B3 Pro-1 Impressions Thread 7 minutes ago
- › PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant P3 8 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 8 minutes ago
- › W/Rap Sucks 2.0..............................Rap/HipHop... 8 minutes ago
- › JDS Labs C5D by TheGame21x
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by twister6
- › Shure SE215 by Existence
- › Audiofly AF140 In-Ear Headphones (Gray) by Loquah
- › Brainwavz R3 Dual Dynamic Driver Earphones by hans030390
- › Beats Solo 2.0 On-Ear Headphones (Red) by cb3723
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Closed Studio Headphones - 250 Ohms by MacroPower
- › Denon Urban Raver In-Ear Headphones, Blue (AH-C100BU) by MrTechAgent
- › Audio Technica ATH-CKN50 by bharathss
- › Audio Technica W5000 by CJ09
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)