I'm Stuck between these two headphones. On one hand I'm a basshead and I want the Pro700 but I also want something that sounds amazing. So which one should I get?
- productAudio Technica ATH-A900X | Art Monitor Headphones (Japan Import)tagged by System, 11/15/12
- productAUDIO TECHNICA ATH PRO700 mk2tagged by System, 11/15/12
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphonestagged by System, 11/15/12
- productHiFiMAN HE-400tagged by System, 11/15/12
- productSennheiser HD 598tagged by System, 11/15/12
- productUltrasone HFI-2400tagged by System, 11/15/12
- productUltrasone PRO 750tagged by System, 11/15/12
Related Forum Threads
- Moving to a new level of headphone Last post on 1/24/13 at 11:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for Headphones with good bass impact without hurting the treble and mids. Last post on 11/19/12 at 6:40pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Great sounding headphones under 350 Last post on 11/23/12 at 5:08am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones to upgrade to from the Grado 125..Have Audioengine D1 dac/amp Last post on 12/9/12 at 1:46pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for new headphones Last post on 2/4/13 at 7:05pm in Headphones (full-size)
About Me I am in my fifties and have loved music and music equipment all my life. From about 8 years old, I had my first exposure to my mother’s reel to reel tape recorder. A few years later, I...
Introduction: I was asked by Brainwavz’/GPGSHK’s Pandora whether I was interested in reviewing their latest Brainwavz product, the Kidwavz KV100 that was especially designed for kids, so I...
At the time of the review, the Brainwavz Jive earphone was was on sale at Amazon’s website for $25.00 USD. Here is a link to Their listing of the...
You got a budget? You want Bluetooth Earphones? Buy the Qy7. Simple. Done. Easy. There is a little more to it though. Important features is the V4.1 Bluetooth connection, this...
What is Cozoy Aegis?: Did you remember Cozoy Astrapi DAC/AMP? Well this is the brother of it Aegis (right) Aegis (left) and Astrapi (right) Cozoy Aegis is a...
ATH-Pro700mk2 Or Sennheiser HD598
Gear mentioned in this thread:
What are you looking to use these for? Music? Gaming? Will you be indoors or out and about? What types of music do you like to listen to? These two headphones are very, very different. I own the Pro700MK2s and I am going to pick up some used HD595s (one model older than the 598s) from the post office today. I will gladly give you some advice on these two headphones, but you need to give me a little more to go on.
Keep in mind I have never actually heard these headphones so please take this with a grain of salt, but have you thought about the Beyer 770s? They are kind of a mix between the two of these really. No they will not have quite the bass of the 700MK2s, or the soundstage/lushness of the 598s, but they do have a good mix of both (from what I hear at least.) They are also probably significantly more comfortable than the Pro700MK2s.
I would suggest you get something that has excellent all around sonic properties and performance that is also capable of very deep juicy bass. Use a Fiio amplifier for example as they come with a very nice +3db bass enhancement switch/EQ that works without distortion very nicely, it makes even a flat headphone bassy, and a bassy one becomes very bassy. Then you can go basshead, super basshead, on command, and back.
Beyer DT770 PRO
Ultrasone PRO 750
Ultrasone HFI 2400
I want the HE-400 so badly it hurts me to look at pictures of it... It is a little out of the price range of these other two he is asking about though. I wanted to chime back in since I have now listened to the HD595s. These things are so lifelike, complete contrast to the Pro700MK2s which are enjoyable, but the opposite of lifelike. Such a smooth listening experience from them, but they don't thump your head like the MK2s do. They did not disappoint in the bass department as much as I expected them to though, in fact I was fairly impressed with the presentation for rock music such as Incubus. I have a friend at work that is bringing some DT770 Pros so I should get to finally try those out.
- ATH-Pro700mk2 Or Sennheiser HD598
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Ideal Headphone (HD800/Audeze) music, suggestions,please 4 seconds ago
- › SONY NWZ-A10 Series 35 seconds ago
- › Did Sennheiser just reveal the Orpheus successor? 1 minute ago
- › Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Please recommend best computer 2.1 setup (w/ my very specific desires) 1 minute ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up (Update: April 25th, 2015) 2 minutes ago
- › Audio-GD NFB-11 2 minutes ago
- › Audio-GD NFB-11.32 & NFB-11 (2014) (Delivery & Impression Thread)!!! 2 minutes ago
- › Little Dot MK VI / Little Dot MK VIII SE Owners Unite 3 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 3 minutes ago
- › Final Audio Design Heaven VII by AndrewH13
- › Brainwavz Kidwavz KV100 Childrens Bluetooth Volume Limited Headphones by HiFiChris
- › Brainwavz Jive by Hisoundfi
- › Soundpeats Qy7 Mini Lightweight Wireless Stereo Sports/running... by BloodyPenguin
- › Cozoy Aegis Portable 24/192 DAC/Amp by Baycode
- › OPPO HA-2 by ClieOS
- › Westone UM Pro 30 by Voyageur
- › Panasonic RP-HJE120-K In-Ear Earbud Ergo-Fit Headphone (Black) by STRMfrmXMN
- › Inearz IE-P650 6xBA driver CIEM by twister6
- › Creative Aurvana In-Ear3 by Fidelity King
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2