I'm Stuck between these two headphones. On one hand I'm a basshead and I want the Pro700 but I also want something that sounds amazing. So which one should I get?
- productAudio Technica ATH-A900X | Art Monitor Headphones (Japan Import)tagged by System, 11/15/12
- productAUDIO TECHNICA ATH PRO700 mk2tagged by System, 11/15/12
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphonestagged by System, 11/15/12
- productHiFiMAN HE-400tagged by System, 11/15/12
- productSennheiser HD-598tagged by System, 11/15/12
- productUltrasone HFI-2400tagged by System, 11/15/12
- productUltrasone PRO 750tagged by System, 11/15/12
Related Forum Threads
- Moving to a new level of headphone Last post on 1/24/13 at 11:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for Headphones with good bass impact without hurting the treble and mids. Last post on 11/19/12 at 6:40pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Great sounding headphones under 350 Last post on 11/23/12 at 5:08am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones to upgrade to from the Grado 125..Have Audioengine D1 dac/amp Last post on 12/9/12 at 1:46pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for suggestions... $500 budget, closed back basshead phones, mangi+modi Last post on 2/8/13 at 3:46pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 12/6/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
Coming from Tascam US-144 to Audio GD .. Here is the story. A few years ago I discovered the magic world of listening to headphones. The reason for that is the ease of computer hifi. I...
I will first start by declaring that I'm no audiophile, and that this is just a review coming from an average consumer. I know a lot of you will facepalm by my review, but I will post it...
The CAL! 2 is a big improvement over the first version. Creative brands this as a "premium headphone" on the box, but is it? First thing I noticed was the soundstage. It's MUCH better than...
As nicely explained by Victor in his review of the same CIEM, this is the previous flagship model from FitEar. In fact, unless you are married to the emphasised bass of the MH335DW, this would...
First of all, I am not a audiofile with several pairs of $1,000 headphones. I am more of a casual listener but I do like good sound. This is also my first review on head-fi so give me some feedback...
ATH-Pro700mk2 Or Sennheiser HD598post #1 of 411/13/12 at 8:29amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 411/13/12 at 11:06am
What are you looking to use these for? Music? Gaming? Will you be indoors or out and about? What types of music do you like to listen to? These two headphones are very, very different. I own the Pro700MK2s and I am going to pick up some used HD595s (one model older than the 598s) from the post office today. I will gladly give you some advice on these two headphones, but you need to give me a little more to go on.
Keep in mind I have never actually heard these headphones so please take this with a grain of salt, but have you thought about the Beyer 770s? They are kind of a mix between the two of these really. No they will not have quite the bass of the 700MK2s, or the soundstage/lushness of the 598s, but they do have a good mix of both (from what I hear at least.) They are also probably significantly more comfortable than the Pro700MK2s.post #3 of 411/13/12 at 12:24pmQuote:
I would suggest you get something that has excellent all around sonic properties and performance that is also capable of very deep juicy bass. Use a Fiio amplifier for example as they come with a very nice +3db bass enhancement switch/EQ that works without distortion very nicely, it makes even a flat headphone bassy, and a bassy one becomes very bassy. Then you can go basshead, super basshead, on command, and back.
Beyer DT770 PRO
Ultrasone PRO 750
Ultrasone HFI 2400
Very best,post #4 of 411/14/12 at 7:09am
I want the HE-400 so badly it hurts me to look at pictures of it... It is a little out of the price range of these other two he is asking about though. I wanted to chime back in since I have now listened to the HD595s. These things are so lifelike, complete contrast to the Pro700MK2s which are enjoyable, but the opposite of lifelike. Such a smooth listening experience from them, but they don't thump your head like the MK2s do. They did not disappoint in the bass department as much as I expected them to though, in fact I was fairly impressed with the presentation for rock music such as Incubus. I have a friend at work that is bringing some DT770 Pros so I should get to finally try those out.
- ATH-Pro700mk2 Or Sennheiser HD598
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Westone UM1 vs. Shure se215?? 1 minute ago
- › Aune T1 USB Tube DAC+Amp Discussion Thread ***See first post for... 1 minute ago
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production... 1 minute ago
- › DIY Cable Gallery!! 1 minute ago
- › AKG k272 HD any good? 1 minute ago
- › Best music while stoned? 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › Schiit Gungnir/Mjolnir Question 4 minutes ago
- › NEW Vali Schiit AMP!!! 5 minutes ago
- › Would Like To Try Some Tube 6 minutes ago
- › Audio-gd Master 9 Preamp & Headphone amp by staalf
- › Sennheiser Momentum by commodent
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic... by Quaresma
- › FitEar Private C435 Custom In-Ear Monitors by Kiats
- › Monster iSport LIVESTRONG® In-Ear Headphones by Bassbanger101
- › Sennheiser HD 560 Ovation by Beeferer
- › Philips S2BK/28 Fidelio In-Ear Headsets by Antilochos
- › VSONIC VSD1S by IEMagnet01
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 by eightbitpotion
- › NuForce Icon uDAC-2 (Black) USB DAC (24bit/96kHz) and Headphone... by jshaffe
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by warrenpchi