New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Charlotte Area Meet January 20th, 2013 - Page 5

post #61 of 285
Thread Starter 

That's great Patrick, the more the merrier.

post #62 of 285
I should also have the new Schiit Magni and Modi amp and DAC to bring; just ordered them to compare to the Bifrost/Asgard.

I'm going to end up selling one amp and DAC, but will likely hang on to them until the meet.
post #63 of 285
Cool I just got an o2 we can compair it to the magni, if it's still around for the meet.
post #64 of 285
Very cool, I know that's a comparison that a lot of people will be interested in.
post #65 of 285
Quote:
Originally Posted by Defiant00 View Post

I should also have the new Schiit Magni and Modi amp and DAC to bring; just ordered them to compare to the Bifrost/Asgard.
I'm going to end up selling one amp and DAC, but will likely hang on to them until the meet.

If you still have both DACs and want to sell off one by the time of the meet I may be interested in taking it off your hands. Been flirting with the idea of getting a new DAC and I hear high praises for this Schiit, especially from HD650 owners..
post #66 of 285
Quote:
Originally Posted by dxanex View Post

If you still have both DACs and want to sell off one by the time of the meet I may be interested in taking it off your hands. Been flirting with the idea of getting a new DAC and I hear high praises for this Schiit, especially from HD650 owners..

Well, I fully intend to keep both setups until the meet. Wife says one setup ultimately has to go (and I don't like having gear just sitting around either), but assuming I've decided which I'm keeping then those at the meet will have first dibs on anything I end up selling, and you can even listen to it beforehand!
post #67 of 285
Thread Starter 

Is there any gear I'm missing in the post #2 gear list? if so, PM me.

 

I've posted the meet on the Hoffman Music site, maybe we'll pick up a few more attendees/enthusiasts.

post #68 of 285

Have you also listed it on Audio Circle in the Carolina Audiophile section?

 

 

 http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?PHPSESSID=epckiv4l9tnc460k9mu18dj4g4&board=69.0

post #69 of 285

I have an update regarding equipment. I will not have the Mini Torii as I recently sold that. However, I will have the HiFiMan EF6 for the HE6 and other headphones that will be there. 

post #70 of 285
Wow. I thought you were going to hang on to that.
post #71 of 285

Well, I was going to keep it but the Moth 2A3 with RCA monoplate 2A3 tubes simply trumped it. If I didn't have the Moth the Mini Torii would still be in my stable. It's quite a little gem. I did, however, trade it for an EF6 to better drive my HE6. 

post #72 of 285

For anyone interested, below is a link to AudioCircle discussing audiophiles in North and South Carolina. There are several in Charlotte and if someone is ambitious they might want to contact some of these people regarding the headphone meet to see if they might be interested in attending. I would do it but work is a bit overwhelming at this time. Hopefully, someone with a little more time on their hands might be able to do it. 

 

 

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?PHPSESSID=epckiv4l9tnc460k9mu18dj4g4&topic=42324.0

post #73 of 285

I'm originally from NC, and still have a house there. (NC State Graduate)

I can likely make the meet and bring some less popular gear, but great nonetheless.  So for now, until further notice, count me in!

 

Headphones: HD800 and HE-500

 

Amps: Violectric V200, La Figaro 339

 

DACs: HRT MSII+, Violectric V800

 

Will likely have a Bottlehead Crack with speedball built by this time, but don't hold me to that.

 

I'd be really interested in hearing the HE-6 and K1000 on well driven systems, as well as the LCD-3 on my V800/V200 combination!  Been thinking of purchasing one for a while.


Edited by vc1187 - 12/18/12 at 3:06pm
post #74 of 285
Nice gear vc, hope you can make it.

Final update of what I'm bringing. I couldn't hold off so I went ahead and ordered the schiit mjolnir/gungnir combo, I keep hearing too much about how it matches up well with the lcd3.

In all I will bring, Dac-Gungnir ,Amps-Mjolnir /Objective2, cans-Lcd3
Edited by dailydoseofdaly - 12/18/12 at 4:58pm
post #75 of 285
Quote:
Originally Posted by vc1187 View Post

I'm originally from NC, and still have a house there. (NC State Graduate)

I can likely make the meet and bring some less popular gear, but great nonetheless.  So for now, until further notice, count me in!

 

Headphones: HD800 and HE-500

 

Amps: Violectric V200, La Figaro 339

 

DACs: HRT MSII+, Violectric V800

 

Will likely have a Bottlehead Crack with speedball built by this time, but don't hold me to that.

 

I'd be really interested in hearing the HE-6 and K1000 on well driven systems, as well as the LCD-3 on my V800/V200 combination!  Been thinking of purchasing one for a while.


very nice! I'd love to check out the La Figaro 339, as I was between that or the DV 3322 (I ultimately got the DV 3322 because it was closer to my budget)


Edited by dxanex - 12/18/12 at 5:19pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav: