Thank you very much! Indeed I will do my research before any purchase.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- DACs with 2 outputs Last post on 2/24/11 at 11:34pm in Dedicated Source Components
- Meier Audio StageDAC Last post on 8/24/16 at 3:35am in Dedicated Source Components
- WTB: Meier Audio DACCORD or a DAC of similar class! Last post on 10/3/13 at 7:48am in Source Components For Sale / Trade
- calling all current and former Meier Stagedac owners? Last post on 7/16/12 at 7:32pm in Dedicated Source Components
- Schiit Bifrost vs Eastern Electric MiniMax DAC and Meier Corda Stagedac Last post on 1/17/13 at 1:58am in Dedicated Source Components
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2Last edited: 12/16/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 11/29/16
*review this right after i have this headphone. burn in test not yet available Lost my AKG K403, my very first HD headphone (to me). Very low on budget, found this, bought it, waited for a near...
INTRODUCTION: Paw Gold is a high resolution music player from the brand Lotoo, that is part of the Beijing Infomedia Electronic Technology Co Ltd. It sports an industrial looking outer body...
Too much dirt and sibilance at 5.5-6.5KHz. Also they are not so murderous about bass as many people suggest. Characteristics (subjective, 10 max): Resolution:...
Preamble: Etymotic Research, founded in 1983 in the USA by Mead Killion (http://www.etymotic.com/about-us/interview-with-mead), a man that I highly respect, is widely...
It’s been a year since I started writing/filming reviews, and it all began with the ZMF Vibro Mk. I in cornflower blue. I found the sound very fun, found the bass ports interesting and thought they...
Meier Audio Daccord - Page 37
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #542 of 6718/5/14 at 12:32am
While I don't know much about Android I'd be careful with USB-powered devices: either they won't work because the USB port on the Android device does not give enough power or they might suck your battery empty.
As @Theogenes mentioned your best bet might be simple USB 1.1 audio devices that support 24/96 (i.e. those that work on Windows without drivers).post #543 of 6718/5/14 at 2:30am
most android systems are indeed very limited in their ability to connect to an USB-audio-device. My own tablet (Lenovo Yoga 8) works fine with the PCSTEP (USB 1.1 audio device) but I haven't been able yet to get the DACCORD running. According to CMEDIA Linux systems will work with the DACCORD using ALSA drivers. Android has a Linux kernel, as it seems, doesn't support high-resolution transfer yet. Google is said to be working on a new Android version that should support USB-2.0-audio though (currently called Android L). Let's hope for the best.
Janpost #544 of 6718/5/14 at 3:55ampost #545 of 6718/5/14 at 4:14am
Thanks Jan! Yeah, apparently Google jumped the gun a bit on declaring USB audio support in Android L; they've since retracted that and said they're still working on it. At the moment, Android L is actually considerably worse for USB audio support than a lot of previous Android devices (like Samsungs, for example) that had built their own USB support into their ROMs.
To @plakat's point, you might end up needing to get a powered USB hub to make some DACs compatible. Don't know if the Daccord is one or not, but that's been a recurring them in the Android Phones and USB DACs thread.post #546 of 6718/5/14 at 6:15am
let's hope Google will get thinks working properly soon.
As for the current consumption of the USB-input of the DACCORD, it is approximately 80 mA. Normally that shouldn't be a problem with any tablet.
Some USB-DACs have a considerable higher current consumption since they also use USB-power for the DA-section. This is not the case with the DACCORD. It uses a normal mains-supply for this section.
On my Windows-based netbook the DACCORD works like a charme. People have not reported any major problems with the USB-port thusfar.
Janpost #547 of 6718/5/14 at 11:42ampost #548 of 6718/5/14 at 11:56am
I honestly can't tell. According to C-Media it should work with a proper ALSA driver. Be noted that Apple-systems work well with the DACCORD without additional drivers needed. So let's hope the same thing will happen with Android.
Janpost #549 of 6718/5/14 at 3:56pmpost #550 of 6718/5/14 at 7:37pmQuote:
Thanks Jan! I might just try it tomorrow if I get a moment and try to clear it up once and for allQuote:
Heeeeyyy... Yeah! I wanna know now too!post #551 of 6718/6/14 at 12:25ampost #552 of 6718/6/14 at 1:04ampost #553 of 6718/6/14 at 5:51pmQuote:
Very nice! Thanks for explaining :)post #554 of 6718/6/14 at 10:04pm
- Meier Audio Daccord
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2
- › balanced armature junkies 9 seconds ago
- › Classical music discussion, what do you like? 53 seconds ago
- › Denon D2000/D5000, MD2000/MD5000 Thread! 1 minute ago
- › LG V10 : New ESS Chipped Flagship Android Phone from LG 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 4 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-X 4 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 5 minutes ago
- › Fostex x Massdrop TH-X00 Review 5 minutes ago
- › Android phones and USB DACs 5 minutes ago
- › CanJam SoCal 2017 (April 8-9, 2017) 6 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser G4ME ZERO Over-Ear Gaming Headset by Jetpil0t
- › Superlux HD 681 by IkuMiku96
- › Lotoo Paw Gold by EagleWings
- › JVC HA-FX101 by PETEBULL
- › Etymotic ER4XR by HiFiChris
- › ZMF Headphones Eikon by Aornic
- › Accutone Pisces HD by Cinder
- › Beyerdynamic DT 480 by kman1211
- › Schiit Audio Yggdrasil by Currawong
- › oBravo ERIB-1C 2way planar magnetic hybrid by twister6
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear