Thank you very much! Indeed I will do my research before any purchase.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- DACs with 2 outputs Last post on 2/24/11 at 11:34pm in Dedicated Source Components
- Meier Audio StageDAC Last post on 8/24/16 at 3:35am in Dedicated Source Components
- WTB: Meier Audio DACCORD or a DAC of similar class! Last post on 10/3/13 at 7:48am in Source Components For Sale / Trade
- calling all current and former Meier Stagedac owners? Last post on 7/16/12 at 7:32pm in Dedicated Source Components
- Schiit Bifrost vs Eastern Electric MiniMax DAC and Meier Corda Stagedac Last post on 1/17/13 at 1:58am in Dedicated Source Components
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2Last edited: 12/16/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 11/29/16
The completely wireless Axgio Dash seems to be a pair of $49 Apple Airpod killer. I was skeptical at first. The Dash arrived in a small, simple no frills box. It looks exactly like the packaging...
*I was provided a review sample by iFi for the Black Label tour* iFi Micro iDSD BLACK LABEL Packaging and Build Quality The iDSD Black Label came packaged in a sturdy, well presented...
There are a few brands that could be considered a powerhouse in the world of audio and headphones and beyerdynamic is without a doubt one of them. beyerdynamic has been family owned since...
REVIEWER INTRODUCTION First of all, I want to introduce my gear while writing this review. I'm using my AKG K612 PRO headphone with my Fiio X3 2nd Gen dedicated DAP. Currently I don't own any...
Preamble Whilst I have been an audio enthusiast for many years now, I must admit I have never really been all that interested in using any kind of esoteric cables with my systems. I have always...
Meier Audio Daccord - Page 37
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #542 of 6718/5/14 at 12:32am
While I don't know much about Android I'd be careful with USB-powered devices: either they won't work because the USB port on the Android device does not give enough power or they might suck your battery empty.
As @Theogenes mentioned your best bet might be simple USB 1.1 audio devices that support 24/96 (i.e. those that work on Windows without drivers).post #543 of 6718/5/14 at 2:30am
most android systems are indeed very limited in their ability to connect to an USB-audio-device. My own tablet (Lenovo Yoga 8) works fine with the PCSTEP (USB 1.1 audio device) but I haven't been able yet to get the DACCORD running. According to CMEDIA Linux systems will work with the DACCORD using ALSA drivers. Android has a Linux kernel, as it seems, doesn't support high-resolution transfer yet. Google is said to be working on a new Android version that should support USB-2.0-audio though (currently called Android L). Let's hope for the best.
Janpost #544 of 6718/5/14 at 3:55ampost #545 of 6718/5/14 at 4:14am
Thanks Jan! Yeah, apparently Google jumped the gun a bit on declaring USB audio support in Android L; they've since retracted that and said they're still working on it. At the moment, Android L is actually considerably worse for USB audio support than a lot of previous Android devices (like Samsungs, for example) that had built their own USB support into their ROMs.
To @plakat's point, you might end up needing to get a powered USB hub to make some DACs compatible. Don't know if the Daccord is one or not, but that's been a recurring them in the Android Phones and USB DACs thread.post #546 of 6718/5/14 at 6:15am
let's hope Google will get thinks working properly soon.
As for the current consumption of the USB-input of the DACCORD, it is approximately 80 mA. Normally that shouldn't be a problem with any tablet.
Some USB-DACs have a considerable higher current consumption since they also use USB-power for the DA-section. This is not the case with the DACCORD. It uses a normal mains-supply for this section.
On my Windows-based netbook the DACCORD works like a charme. People have not reported any major problems with the USB-port thusfar.
Janpost #547 of 6718/5/14 at 11:42ampost #548 of 6718/5/14 at 11:56am
I honestly can't tell. According to C-Media it should work with a proper ALSA driver. Be noted that Apple-systems work well with the DACCORD without additional drivers needed. So let's hope the same thing will happen with Android.
Janpost #549 of 6718/5/14 at 3:56pmpost #550 of 6718/5/14 at 7:37pmQuote:
Thanks Jan! I might just try it tomorrow if I get a moment and try to clear it up once and for allQuote:
Heeeeyyy... Yeah! I wanna know now too!post #551 of 6718/6/14 at 12:25ampost #552 of 6718/6/14 at 1:04ampost #553 of 6718/6/14 at 5:51pmQuote:
Very nice! Thanks for explaining :)post #554 of 6718/6/14 at 10:04pm
- Meier Audio Daccord
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2
- › Headphones for metal music - ultimate solution 12 seconds ago
- › Music Game IX 54 seconds ago
- › Pass Labs xa series - experience 56 seconds ago
- › iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions,... 1 minute ago
- › "The Lab" 1 minute ago
- › Venture Electronics VE Zen 2.0 impressions and discussion thread 1 minute ago
- › Benjie S5 Offical Thread 1 minute ago
- › Philips SHP9500 Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The Official Sony MDR-Z1R Flagship Headphone Thread (Live From IFA... 3 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers ETHER Flow and ETHER C Flow -- Inspired by Electrostatic... 3 minutes ago
- › AXGIO Dash Wireless Earbuds Cordless Running Jogging Bluetooth... by pkshiu
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by heliosphann
- › Beyerdynamic T5p Second Generation Audiophile Headphones by crabdog
- › AKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphones by Mustainized
- › Burson Audio Cable+ by Peddler
- › Brainwavz B100 Balanced Armature Earphone by HiFiChris
- › Campfire Audio Lyra II by alffla
- › Kingston Headset KHX-H3CL/WR HyperX Cloud Headset Black Retail by tproc
- › Superlux HD-681 EVO Black Professional Monitor Headphones by tproc
- › Burson Audio Supreme Sound Opamp V5 by NCSUZoSo
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear