Hey Jan, really interesting product you have here. Have you compared the sound to any other DAC's from other brands? I know you say it's biased into Class A resulting in a rounder sound, but, as far as existing products can you say that it compares to anything you've heard or was there a particular sound that you were striving for with this machine?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- DACs with 2 outputs Last post on 2/24/11 at 11:34pm in Dedicated Source Components
- Meier Audio StageDAC Last post on 8/24/16 at 3:35am in Dedicated Source Components
- WTB: Meier Audio DACCORD or a DAC of similar class! Last post on 10/3/13 at 7:48am in Source Components For Sale / Trade
- calling all current and former Meier Stagedac owners? Last post on 7/16/12 at 7:32pm in Dedicated Source Components
- Schiit Bifrost vs Eastern Electric MiniMax DAC and Meier Corda Stagedac Last post on 1/17/13 at 1:58am in Dedicated Source Components
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2Last edited: 12/16/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 11/29/16
In my self-imposed haughtiness and superiority, I have always told Alfred and Martin that I will be the high-end reviewer for this blog, and that they should be responsible for more budget...
First of all, thank you so much to Ifi-Audio for sending me a black edition to review for free! Really awesome of them to involve the audio community to such a degree. I will keep this review...
I try not to be an extremist and I try to give most products I review a decent amount of hearing before making any judgments on their quality but when a product reaches with a level of quality I...
A great purchase for under 180 pounds, these headphones blow the direct competition away when it comes to almost everything. They arrive in a nice premium package with a thick, high grade cable for...
A reasonably priced pair of premium Open back headphones. They are well made and super comfortable and have a luxurious appearance well suited to home hi fi use. Unlike other hi fidelity phones...
Meier Audio Daccord - Page 3
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #32 of 6711/5/13 at 2:00ampost #33 of 6711/5/13 at 11:32amThread StarterAfaik Jan's policy is to not comment on other brands, similar to the guys behind schiit. Comparing dacs is what we're here to do ;-)
Given how well - imo - the stagedac performs against bifrost and (stock) eastern electric's first dac, I hope for quite a lot from daccord. Unfortunately, my daughter's impending wedding expenses means I'll have to be a spectator for the next few months!post #34 of 6711/5/13 at 2:17pmQuote:Originally Posted by AiDee
Afaik Jan's policy is to not comment on other brands, similar to the guys behind schiit. Comparing dacs is what we're here to do ;-)
Given how well - imo - the stagedac performs against bifrost and (stock) eastern electric's first dac, I hope for quite a lot from daccord. Unfortunately, my daughter's impending wedding expenses means I'll have to be a spectator for the next few months!
Understood, I just always wonder what the designers concept or goals were. I know Jan is a very polite and a standup guy so he wouldn't want to appear as putting down another company.
This seems like a high value price/performance DAC and I think I'm going to give it a shot.post #35 of 6711/5/13 at 3:19pmpost #36 of 6711/5/13 at 6:04pmThread Starterpost #37 of 6711/5/13 at 6:25pm
This is my longer-term goal from Meier Audio. (I am a bit stretched now) The Daccord becomes especially attractive if I also get some good powered speakers to use with the Alps pot and variable output.
You know that Jan is going to squeeze every bit of performance from the dual Wolfson 8741s. Add in the crossfeed, this is a compelling headphone/preamp DAC combo.
Edited by cooperpwc - 1/6/13 at 3:07ampost #38 of 6711/5/13 at 7:30pm
To replace my existing StageDAC in living room system.
Can't wait. Love Jan's work in the StageDAC - the variable output is great for me.
No preamp now. Makes a huge difference in my speaker system where there are no impedance probs.
post #39 of 6711/6/13 at 10:48am
While I have only had musical joy from the products I have purchased from Dr. Meier, I am a bit stretched now, and as I listed more at work than at home for the time being, may want to invest in a pair of HE-500s before I go for another DAC.
Off-topic, the Corda Jazz should have no problem running the HE-500s, right? It's the HE-6 that requires the portable fusion bottle?post #40 of 6711/6/13 at 9:54pmQuote:
I am a very happy StageDac owner so if I were in the market for a DAC now I would definitely get the Daccord.post #41 of 6711/10/13 at 11:29am
Glad to see the new DAC model! I own a StageDAC and I was wondering if the new one has asynchronous USB implementation versus the adaptive (?) one in the old model? Could you clarify?
Mihneapost #42 of 6711/17/13 at 12:51ampost #43 of 6711/17/13 at 8:12ampost #44 of 6711/17/13 at 8:18amQuote:
I think one is an input selector and the other switches on two levels of bass lift.post #45 of 6711/17/13 at 12:16pmQuote:
So by Bass Lift, that means it decreases the amount of bass, due to the crossfeed having a side-effect of increasing it? If so that is interesting, in comparing to the Headroom amp/dacs with crossfeed; which I think are just the opposite, in that they have a switch that decreases the treble due the their crossfeed's side-effect of increasing the higher frequencies?
- Meier Audio Daccord
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2
- › Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS... 55 seconds ago
- › New amp/dac 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser IE800 IEM's 2 minutes ago
- › IEM's for under 400 US? 3 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-4 3 minutes ago
- › Walnut Hi-Fi V2 WAV (& MP3) Player by wt - 👌 screenless budget... 3 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers ETHER Flow and ETHER C Flow -- Inspired by Electrostatic... 3 minutes ago
- › DLeeWebb breaks 55,000 posts - Daylight Second 3 minutes ago
- › Creative Sound Blaster X7 - Detailed Review & Impressions 3 minutes ago
- › Shure SE535: Reviews and First Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › qdc Balanced armature type (BA type) 3SH （QDC-4024） by prismstorm
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by bapspidoff
- › Sangdo Headset Mic for Sony MH EX300AP L36H L36I C6603 LT26II LT28H... by Griffith
- › Denon AH-D600 by theminstrel
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by theminstrel
- › Burson Audio Cable+ by markbrauer
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by theminstrel
- › FiiO E17 by theminstrel
- › Sony NWZ-A15 Walkman Video MP3 Player (16GB) - Black by theminstrel
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-MSR7 by theminstrel
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear