Hey Jan, really interesting product you have here. Have you compared the sound to any other DAC's from other brands? I know you say it's biased into Class A resulting in a rounder sound, but, as far as existing products can you say that it compares to anything you've heard or was there a particular sound that you were striving for with this machine?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- DACs with 2 outputs Last post on 2/24/11 at 11:34pm in Dedicated Source Components
- Meier Audio StageDAC Last post on 8/24/16 at 3:35am in Dedicated Source Components
- WTB: Meier Audio DACCORD or a DAC of similar class! Last post on 10/3/13 at 7:48am in Source Components For Sale / Trade
- calling all current and former Meier Stagedac owners? Last post on 7/16/12 at 7:32pm in Dedicated Source Components
- Schiit Bifrost vs Eastern Electric MiniMax DAC and Meier Corda Stagedac Last post on 1/17/13 at 1:58am in Dedicated Source Components
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2Last edited: 12/16/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 11/29/16
VIDEO REVIEW ALL REVIEW ARE DONE @ SOULSIKREVIEWS.COM and more insightful review can be found on our site. INTRODUCTION If you are on a budget then you are in for some good luck because...
First if I would like to thank Meze for including me in their review program. I did NOT receive these for free, like all other reviewers in the program I have been given a 1 week window to...
Intro Meze Headphones is a company with a simple philosophy; Motivation, Values, People. With a passion for art and music, achieved through patience and dedication, Meze design...
Initial & information from the Rock Jaw website: I happened across the Rock Jaw sponsor page listing the need to review their Resonate BA-Hybrid IEM. Not knowing much about either, I threw my...
These headphones are well known for its low price and quality. I think they should be called shockers because when you look at them its one thing but when you listen to them suddenly they change to...
Meier Audio Daccord - Page 3
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #32 of 6711/5/13 at 2:00ampost #33 of 6711/5/13 at 11:32amThread StarterAfaik Jan's policy is to not comment on other brands, similar to the guys behind schiit. Comparing dacs is what we're here to do ;-)
Given how well - imo - the stagedac performs against bifrost and (stock) eastern electric's first dac, I hope for quite a lot from daccord. Unfortunately, my daughter's impending wedding expenses means I'll have to be a spectator for the next few months!post #34 of 6711/5/13 at 2:17pmQuote:Originally Posted by AiDee
Afaik Jan's policy is to not comment on other brands, similar to the guys behind schiit. Comparing dacs is what we're here to do ;-)
Given how well - imo - the stagedac performs against bifrost and (stock) eastern electric's first dac, I hope for quite a lot from daccord. Unfortunately, my daughter's impending wedding expenses means I'll have to be a spectator for the next few months!
Understood, I just always wonder what the designers concept or goals were. I know Jan is a very polite and a standup guy so he wouldn't want to appear as putting down another company.
This seems like a high value price/performance DAC and I think I'm going to give it a shot.post #35 of 6711/5/13 at 3:19pmpost #36 of 6711/5/13 at 6:04pmThread Starterpost #37 of 6711/5/13 at 6:25pm
This is my longer-term goal from Meier Audio. (I am a bit stretched now) The Daccord becomes especially attractive if I also get some good powered speakers to use with the Alps pot and variable output.
You know that Jan is going to squeeze every bit of performance from the dual Wolfson 8741s. Add in the crossfeed, this is a compelling headphone/preamp DAC combo.
Edited by cooperpwc - 1/6/13 at 3:07ampost #38 of 6711/5/13 at 7:30pm
To replace my existing StageDAC in living room system.
Can't wait. Love Jan's work in the StageDAC - the variable output is great for me.
No preamp now. Makes a huge difference in my speaker system where there are no impedance probs.
post #39 of 6711/6/13 at 10:48am
While I have only had musical joy from the products I have purchased from Dr. Meier, I am a bit stretched now, and as I listed more at work than at home for the time being, may want to invest in a pair of HE-500s before I go for another DAC.
Off-topic, the Corda Jazz should have no problem running the HE-500s, right? It's the HE-6 that requires the portable fusion bottle?post #40 of 6711/6/13 at 9:54pmQuote:
I am a very happy StageDac owner so if I were in the market for a DAC now I would definitely get the Daccord.post #41 of 6711/10/13 at 11:29am
Glad to see the new DAC model! I own a StageDAC and I was wondering if the new one has asynchronous USB implementation versus the adaptive (?) one in the old model? Could you clarify?
Mihneapost #42 of 6711/17/13 at 12:51ampost #43 of 6711/17/13 at 8:12ampost #44 of 6711/17/13 at 8:18amQuote:
I think one is an input selector and the other switches on two levels of bass lift.post #45 of 6711/17/13 at 12:16pmQuote:
So by Bass Lift, that means it decreases the amount of bass, due to the crossfeed having a side-effect of increasing it? If so that is interesting, in comparing to the Headroom amp/dacs with crossfeed; which I think are just the opposite, in that they have a switch that decreases the treble due the their crossfeed's side-effect of increasing the higher frequencies?
- Meier Audio Daccord
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2
- › What a long, strange trip it's been -- (Robert Hunter) 4 seconds ago
- › ATTICUS and EIKON, the new dynamic driver headphones from ZMF 1 minute ago
- › Monoprice Monolith M1060 and M560 Planar Headphones 1 minute ago
- › DIY Cable Questions and Comments Thread 2 minutes ago
- › COMING SOON: Shanling M2s Hi-Res DAP with AK4490 + MUSE8920 4 minutes ago
- › 2359glenn | studio 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HDVD800 Headphone Amplifier 4 minutes ago
- › ZMF Ori (Omni) - Upcoming Semi Open Flagship 5 minutes ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM/SAGARIS SERIES - Newer Thread (JUST IMPRESSIONS... 5 minutes ago
- › Periodic Audio IEMs Mg, Ti, Be 5 minutes ago
- › Venture Electronics Asura 2.0 by SOULSIK
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by SOULSIK
- › Meze 99 Neo by dweaver
- › Meze 12 Classics by Bansaku
- › Rock Jaw Audio Resonate by ngoshawk
- › Koss PortaPro - Headphones ( semi-open ) by krenky
- › Final F4100 by jwbrent
- › Audio-Technica AT-PHA100 by Army-Firedawg
- › Noble Audio Katana by EZE99
- › AKG K 550 by Mink
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear