I'm getting a pair of Audio-Technica ATHM50S headphones, my current pair (Some $30 Koss model I got from walmart) are too quiet. Even with the computer volume maxed out and the pandora/CD/youtube/etc maxed too....it's not loud enough for me. So I'm guessing the ATHM50's will be too quiet as well. So I'll probably want an amplifier, right? I see there are portable amplifiers, and desktop...anyone want to fill me in? Thanks!
Related Forum Threads
- ATH-M50 vs Phiaton MS400.. HELP!! Last post on Yesterday at 11:44 pm in Headphones (full-size)
- KRK KNS-8400 vs Sennheiser HD-280 Pro vs Audio-Technica ATH-M50 vs Sony MDR7506 Last post on Yesterday at 4:25 pm in Headphones (full-size)
- ATH M50 sale or? (Help please) Last post on Yesterday at 6:19 pm in Headphones (full-size)
- MDR 7506 or ath m50? Last post on Yesterday at 6:05 am in Headphones (full-size)
- Audio Technica M50 Removable Cable Mod Service? Last post on Yesterday at 3:35 am in Headphones (full-size)
2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)
Edited on 5/13/13
- Comparing headphones: Sennheiser's HD 800, HD 600, HD 25-1 and...Edited on 5/27/12
Reposting my original review from Amazon.com - these headphones are just too good to be left in the dustbin of history - for instance, I just bought a pair of Monoprice MEP-933, listed everywhere...
Somehow, the Ballad of Jed Clampett comes to mind, as I start to write this. You know, the Beverly Hillbillies. He was living his life, struck gold, and everything changed. That's kind of what...
Hi, Head-fiers. This is my first post as a newbie in the forum. I will give a short introduction of myself. I am 18 years old currently studying in high-school. I love headphones because...
Build Quality: For something hand built, the overall build quality is quite good. Of course, it isn’t nearly as perfect as something from a plastic molding machine but it is far ahead from the...
Disclaimer: My only other good cans to compare these to are Beyerdynamics DT770 (250). I fully realize this review will be biased because of that. So please keep that in mind. This review is my...
- Comparing headphones: Sennheiser's HD 800, HD 600, HD 25-1 and...
Looking for an amp, I'm a headphone noob.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Quality beats quantity any day of the weak. Good cans at a low volume are way better to me that middle of the road cans at ear busting levels. Take care of your hearing. Once it is gone, it is gone, you can not buy new ears. (Currently listening with my amp set to 3 on a scale from zero to 79 and my cans are quite hard to drive...)
Most people buy headphone amps to give a better quality sound. Not to generate huge loudness.
There are lots of portable amps out there that will in many cases improve the sound out of your computer. Just take care.
Edited by Hooster - 11/12/12 at 4:19am
- Looking for an amp, I'm a headphone noob.
- › The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - READ THE FIRST POST! 21 seconds ago
- › Buying portable or in-ear headphones? Seeking guidance? DON'T START... 30 seconds ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Updated: 5/23/2013.... 1 minute ago
- › SRM-717 Re-Cap 3 minutes ago
- › Waxy Ears 3 minutes ago
- › The diary entries of a little girl who is now 30! ~ Part 2 3 minutes ago
- › "Mad Dog" by MrSpeakers, modified Fostex T50RP review 4 minutes ago
- › Zero Audio ZH-DX200 Carbo Tenore and ZH-DX210 Carbo Basso IEM -... 5 minutes ago
- › The JVC HA-S500.. Appreciation, fan thread. 5 minutes ago
- › ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ i.e. Don't start a... 5 minutes ago
- › Philips in-Ear Headphones Crystal Sound SHE9620/28 (Rose Gold) by DozerCSX
- › Sony MDR-NC40 Noise Canceling Headphone (Black) by UmustBKidn
- › Sennheiser Momentum by iSennheiser
- › [Apollo] IEM Upgrade Cable by Effect Audio by ClieOS
- › Audio Technica ATH-M40FS Precision StudioPhones by UmustBKidn
- › JVC Victor Head-band Portable Headphones | HA-S500-B Black... by daleb
- › Koss KSC75 Portable Stereophone Headphones by julian67
- › Astell & Kern AK120 by GSARider
- › Denon AH-D600 by johangrb
- › Sennheiser HD 250 Linear II by xEcuToR
- › Syncing music and making playlists work with... by Currawong
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe