I'm getting a pair of Audio-Technica ATHM50S headphones, my current pair (Some $30 Koss model I got from walmart) are too quiet. Even with the computer volume maxed out and the pandora/CD/youtube/etc maxed too....it's not loud enough for me. So I'm guessing the ATHM50's will be too quiet as well. So I'll probably want an amplifier, right? I see there are portable amplifiers, and desktop...anyone want to fill me in? Thanks!
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50Stagged by System, 11/19/12
Related Forum Threads
- V Moda M100s worth the upgrade from Audio Technica ATH-M50s? Last post on Yesterday at 11:17 pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Razer copying the looks of ATH-M50? Last post on 4/11/14 at 9:48pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Shure SRH-440 w/HPAEC840 pads vs Audio-Technica ATH-M50 Last post on 4/22/14 at 11:24pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Suggestions for Headphones + Amp for Portable + Home use. Last post on 3/6/14 at 8:21pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Suggestions for a $200 over the ear headphone, mostly for EDM/Dubstep Last post on 4/6/14 at 7:48am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
Been looking for some new closed headphones, with only three at the moment and for some time in fact. Good ones, though: Sony MDR Z1000, Sony MDR 7520, and Senn Amperiors, Sometimes you just...
There are many great headphones in this SUB-$150 category , I have a good amount of headphones in the range and have tried a good enough of them to know what to expect in this category The...
(Note - XL ear pads are installed. The sound will be judged based on that.) Introduction: I purchased these headphones mainly out of curiosity. I was reading reviews and watching youtubers...
Accessories: Includes a pouch and cable. Pouch is well-built, compact, and stylish. Soft, flexible cable has never tangled for me in my time with it. Right angled jack is durable and well-relieved....
First off, I would like to thank Noisehush for sending me the NX85's! I'll get into the review now. Packaging: The NX85 come in a sturdy black card board box. It is all black, except the...
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)
Looking for an amp, I'm a headphone noob.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Quality beats quantity any day of the weak. Good cans at a low volume are way better to me that middle of the road cans at ear busting levels. Take care of your hearing. Once it is gone, it is gone, you can not buy new ears. (Currently listening with my amp set to 3 on a scale from zero to 79 and my cans are quite hard to drive...)
Most people buy headphone amps to give a better quality sound. Not to generate huge loudness.
There are lots of portable amps out there that will in many cases improve the sound out of your computer. Just take care.
Edited by Hooster - 11/12/12 at 4:19am
- Looking for an amp, I'm a headphone noob.
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 21 seconds ago
- › Chord Hugo 22 seconds ago
- › Stil Haus Kitchens Vance Miller 1 minute ago
- › REVIEW: Ostry KC06 1 minute ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 2 minutes ago
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 5 minutes ago
- › PCB for dynalo with bc550c-560c (single-sided) + return gnd question 5 minutes ago
- › PONO - Neil Youngs portable hi-res music player 5 minutes ago
- › HE-500 with DX90 - a suitable option? 6 minutes ago
- › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** 6 minutes ago
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by zazex
- › Ultrasone HFI-450 by MrTechAgent
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-100 by zach8278
- › Ultimate Ears UE4000 Headphones by gopats1479
- › NoiseHush NX85 Stereo 3.5mm Headset with Mic - Retail Packaging -... by Mathewsa
- › LHLabs Geek Out by bhazard
- › Monster Inspiration by betterthan1122
- › Meridian Explorer by zolkis
- › Beyerdynamic T51P Tesla Headphone - Silver by twister6
- › FiiO E17 by zach8278
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude