I'm getting a pair of Audio-Technica ATHM50S headphones, my current pair (Some $30 Koss model I got from walmart) are too quiet. Even with the computer volume maxed out and the pandora/CD/youtube/etc maxed too....it's not loud enough for me. So I'm guessing the ATHM50's will be too quiet as well. So I'll probably want an amplifier, right? I see there are portable amplifiers, and desktop...anyone want to fill me in? Thanks!
Related Forum Threads
- KRK KNS-8400 vs Sennheiser HD-280 Pro vs Audio-Technica ATH-M50 vs Sony MDR7506 Last post on Today at 4:25 pm in Headphones (full-size)
- ATH M50 sale or? (Help please) Last post on Today at 6:19 pm in Headphones (full-size)
- MDR 7506 or ath m50? Last post on Today at 6:05 am in Headphones (full-size)
- Audio Technica M50 Removable Cable Mod Service? Last post on Today at 3:35 am in Headphones (full-size)
- Do the audio technica m50's cord fit griffin survivor case for iPod 4? Last post on Yesterday at 5:49 pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)
Edited on 5/13/13
- Comparing headphones: Sennheiser's HD 800, HD 600, HD 25-1 and...Edited on 5/27/12
First Impressions: Well, when I first used these, I used them in the same place I'd expect myself to continue using these, on the go from place to place, and while at places outside the...
I bought these this week from amazon.co.uk for £10 including delivery. That's US $15. Packaging, appearance, warranty, euro-nanny knows best: Mine arrived in the small European packaging box,...
Absolutely beautiful little player. It's just a gorgeous chunk of tech that feels good to hold. For me personally tech has to have form as well as function and the AK120 doesn't disappoint on...
I agree w most reviews that these does not warrant the $499 MSRP. (Then rather opt for D5k, D7k). BUT - at the +-$230 range I got them at (Amazon warehouse) - these are VERY good value for...
Disclaimer- This review has been written based on past 2 year’s observations. I am not a part of the audio industry or trade and I represent no one but myself, and this review is written...
- Comparing headphones: Sennheiser's HD 800, HD 600, HD 25-1 and...
Looking for an amp, I'm a headphone noob.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Quality beats quantity any day of the weak. Good cans at a low volume are way better to me that middle of the road cans at ear busting levels. Take care of your hearing. Once it is gone, it is gone, you can not buy new ears. (Currently listening with my amp set to 3 on a scale from zero to 79 and my cans are quite hard to drive...)
Most people buy headphone amps to give a better quality sound. Not to generate huge loudness.
There are lots of portable amps out there that will in many cases improve the sound out of your computer. Just take care.
Edited by Hooster - 11/12/12 at 4:19am
- Looking for an amp, I'm a headphone noob.
- › Post Your Photography Here #2 (new dial-up 800X600 friendly) 42 seconds ago
- › VSonic VSD1/VSD1S - Any Reviews Yet? 1 minute ago
- › Multi-Custom In-Ear Monitor Review, Resource, Mfg List & Discussion... 2 minutes ago
- › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. 2 minutes ago
- › T-PEOS H-200 - new triple hybrid IEM - Appreciation thread 3 minutes ago
- › worst date stories 4 minutes ago
- › Meier Audio Quickstep (also Stepdance and 2Stepdance) Discussion... 4 minutes ago
- › The JVC HA-S500.. Appreciation, fan thread. 4 minutes ago
- › The Centrance HiFi M8 thread 4 minutes ago
- › Earsonics SM64: The Impressions and Appreciation Thread 8 minutes ago
- › JVC Victor Head-band Portable Headphones | HA-S500-B Black... by daleb
- › Koss KSC75 Portable Stereophone Headphones by julian67
- › Astell & Kern AK120 by GSARider
- › Denon AH-D600 by johangrb
- › Sennheiser HD 250 Linear II by xEcuToR
- › Sennheiser CX150 Ear-Canal Phones by BadMoose
- › Rhapsodio RDB+ 2v1 by svyr
- › Audio-technica AIR Dynamic Headphones Ath-ad1000x by a_recording
- › Schiit Valhalla by Rem0o
- › Sony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphones by derbigpr
- › Syncing music and making playlists work with... by Currawong
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe