Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- What are some good IEMs that are high impedance ? Last post on 11/13/12 at 7:52pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Entering electrostats - where's the sweet spot for a nice setup? Last post on 11/26/13 at 3:26am in Headphones (full-size)
- Heir Audio Tzar-350 – Dual-Precision Balanced Armature Driver Last post on 11/11/13 at 12:39pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Heir Audio Tzar 350 (free custom cable!) - sold Last post on 9/25/13 at 5:21pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- [Review] Heir Audio Tsar 350 Last post on 9/9/13 at 8:04pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 12/10/13
OVERVIEW The Effect Studio Thor Silver IEM Upgrade cable is the new flagship made from quad-braided pure UPOCC silver that has been cryo treated and put together with Cardas silver solder. The...
So, I've owned the 4.A and 4.ai as well as the ER4S and wanted to try something different. In retrospect, I almost pulled the trigger on the Noble 4, but I recall that the infamous dip with the...
These hurt my head almost right away. The good sound quality is not noticeable when my ears and head hurts. Having said that, the price is low and if you don't like them then just return them.
This will be a short review based on maybe on 12-15 hours of use. If you think that's not long enough you can skip it. I was a bit worried that this would be some cheap gimmicky toy amp because...
The short and simple of it is this is the best DAP for the price I have owned. I have used all the main stream players, (IPods, Zune, Creative Zen Player, etc) and I will never go back. Besides the...
Heir Audio Tzar 90 and Tzar 350 Universal In Ear Monitors - Page 45
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
True. I was referring to the acoustic version, and was thinking that the norm tended to be more electronic-oriented.
Regardless of whether it's anime music or anemone music, the piece works well with the 350.
The soundtrack yes, very often, probably more as a means to save money than for any artistic consideration. But there's a lot more variation in the opening songs and ending songs, with J-pop dominating.
I forget if it was Wizard or Full Circle but he was comparing the 4ai to the 90 balance wise and found them similar in bass quantity with both being warmer than the 350 which is more neutral. The 90 may be to the 350 what the 3ai is to the 4ai but apparently that makes the 90 closer sounding to the 4ai overall. Not as V shaped as 3ai. I'm happily corrected but that's what I recall.
The Tzar 350 is above the 4.Ai in brightness (just my opinion) It is also far more "finicky." The Tzar needs to be fed very high quality recordings, the 4.Ai is much more forgiving. The other obvious difference is one is rated at 350 ohm, while the other is around 24-28 ohms (off the top of my head)
The The Tzar 90 lays in between the 3.Ai and the 4.Ai. It is not finicky at all compared to its cousin the Tzar 350, has a touch more warmer signature, and over all is not as bright as the Tzar 350.
The 3.Ai can be described as "bright" from time to time, and I don't find that to be the case with the Tzar 90. Bass wise, I would say it does not go as low as the 3.Ai as well. Essentially the 3.Ai has a deeper V signature, while the Tzar 90 is a more mellow product.
I think the Tzar 90 is a more pleasant IEM to use as it is not as finicky as its cousin. The Tzar 350 is a moody IEM for sure, but after spending an hour with it.... it is difficult to walk away from. (at least that was my experience)
What is the best out of the line up? There really isn't a best as they all have their own niche.
- Heir Audio Tzar 90 and Tzar 350 Universal In Ear Monitors
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Best bit depth and sample rate for non bit perfect playback. 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HDVA 600 headphone amp 2 minutes ago
- › Where do New Zealanders get their gear from? 3 minutes ago
- › Custom Bottlehead Crack, assembled by "hifibuilderguy" 4 minutes ago
- › Best amps for Beyer DT770 Pro 80 around 200? 5 minutes ago
- › Earsonics S-EM6 5 minutes ago
- › The Stax Thread III 5 minutes ago
- › Do I just plug a headphone amp into the stereo's headphone socket? 5 minutes ago
- › VSonic GR07 Bass Edition Impressions 5 minutes ago
- › Cleaning Connectors? 8 minutes ago
- › Effect Audio Thor cable by average_joe
- › Heir Audio Tzar 350 by alpha421
- › Panasonic RP-HC720-K Over Ear Headphones Noise Canceling 95% by oostrov
- › iFi iCAN headphone amplifier by tdockweiler
- › COWON J3 32 GB Portable Media Player (Black) by lexangl
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic... by TThorsen
- › EB92 In-Ear MicroFit Monitors by MadMusicJunkie
- › Sennheiser HD-518 by xoriac
- › Roland RH-200 Monitor Headphones by IEMagnet01
- › Perfect Sound d901b by gelocks
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe