Okay, Sorensiim you already confinced me to buy the 350's now you are promoting the dx100.... hmm I can almost feel what will happen next.:) Sorensiim do you work in a sales departments of some sort. If not than you have missed your calling:)
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- What are some good IEMs that are high impedance ? Last post on 11/13/12 at 7:52pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Entering electrostats - where's the sweet spot for a nice setup? Last post on 11/26/13 at 3:26am in Headphones (full-size)
- Heir Audio Tzar-350 – Dual-Precision Balanced Armature Driver Last post on 11/11/13 at 12:39pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Heir Audio Tzar 350 (free custom cable!) - sold Last post on 9/25/13 at 5:21pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- [Review] Heir Audio Tsar 350 Last post on 9/9/13 at 8:04pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/23/13
I've spent the past week auditioning these new VSD1S by VSonic. Before this I was listening extensively to my dual dynamics JVC FXT90's and my dual armature UE 700. For a single dynamic driver that...
I started this review with the intention of pointing out the things I don't like about it, but man, there really isn't much I don't love about these. Out of the box they sound very thin and...
It does a good job as a DAC for my starving student amp. Eventually, I will probably upgrade but it works well enough. It is nice that it powers off of USB and doesn't take up tons of space.
The review is based on the stock pads, not based on the upgraded velour pads. The only problem with the sound quality is a weird color in the upper mids, around vocal range. This is due to the...
The 880s don't have a lot of color to themselves. They're light comfortable cans that get the job done. They are a well rounded headphone good for someone who can't quite figure out what kind of...
Heir Audio Tzar 90 and Tzar 350 Universal In Ear Monitors - Page 28
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
Well the DX100 will drive anything (up to, and including, the Beyer T1) while sounding clean as a whistle with the 12 Ohm UM Merlin, Heir 3.Ai & 4.Ai as well as the 350. It's really not that much more expensive than the AK100, but it is somewhat bulkier. Then again, at this point we are far beyond logic and reason... Tried an Alo Rx/Rockboxed iPod bundle this weekend. Way more compact than my DX100, holds power longer and sounds brilliant.
So true there are many options out there. Sorensiim I want to thank you because you really have provided me with great advise and great feedback. it really has helped empty my pockets:)
Somebody once told me this: Buy the best and only cry once. The DX100 is hands down the best purchase I have made since getting into this crazy hobby. Sorry about your wallet.
Edit: although this is a hell of a deal, I'm gonna stay with the 350s? But you may ask "why Brian? Have you lost your mind?"
Yes and no. I still have Christmas to buy and the 350 is right in my budget. Also....... I want tubes again >_>
Edited by mosshorn - 11/21/12 at 7:19am
Do you mean the finely crafted, well hoaned and articulated dip that the 4.Ai has, offering up its unique sound signature, that has made the 4.Ai an over night success....
No, the Tzar does not have the same dip.
Edited by FullCircle - 11/21/12 at 8:46am
Agreed - The dip is there for a reason. Just about anything sounds good on the 4.Ai, including poorly mastered recordings. Like my 8.A, they straddle the balance between musical and analytical perfectly.
The Tzar has no such considerate features, it is merciless. Badly recorded cymbals will hurt you. Well recorded material will amaze you.
- Heir Audio Tzar 90 and Tzar 350 Universal In Ear Monitors
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › For sale Samsung YP-R0 in MINT condition 3 seconds ago
- › Music Game IX 17 seconds ago
- › Your 5 newest CDs (or LPs) 42 seconds ago
- › Reply to some bugs of X3’s new firmware and new function... 1 minute ago
- › What songs do you use to test gear? 1 minute ago
- › Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners 1 minute ago
- › Need recommendations. Wireless headphones that can go wired if... 2 minutes ago
- › BA-SS+SSMCX Astel and Kern 2 minutes ago
- › Grado Bushmills X - Grado's first closed-back headphone? 3 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX50 Thread (New^4 firmware update! V1.2.2) 4 minutes ago
- › VSONIC VSD1S by IEMagnet01
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 by eightbitpotion
- › NuForce Icon uDAC-2 (Black) USB DAC (24bit/96kHz) and Headphone... by jshaffe
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by jshaffe
- › Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 OHM Semi-open reference headphone by jshaffe
- › MartinLogan Mikros 90 Reference On-Ear Headphones, Black by pataburd
- › Logitech UE 6000 by Trunks159
- › MEElectronics SP51-BK Sound Preference In-Ear Headphone with Sound... by Benik3
- › Beats Studio Over-Ear Headphone (Black) - NEW by JGrignon
- › Shure SE215 Black by starlan
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by warrenpchi