Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Hifiman HE500 vs LFF Paradox's, best price to preformance?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Hifiman HE500 vs LFF Paradox's, best price to preformance?

Poll Results: He 500 or Paradox

 
  • 50% (35)
    hifiman he 500
  • 49% (34)
    LFF paradox
69 Total Votes  
post #1 of 169
Thread Starter 
I'll be using them indoors, I love a neutral signature, but what I'm really looking for is which of the two has better overall texture, speed and detail, and saving a couple hundred would be great, I already own a modded t50rp, but I want to move on, is the he500 really worth the 2 hundred extra? I have an amp with will drive both. Thanks
post #2 of 169

That's a tough call. I thinkt that the safe bet is with the he500. It's certainly tried and true. It's a beautiful hp for sure, but what amp are you using. You'll need a good one to get the best out of each of these. 

 

I have not heard the Paradox, but spoke at length to a friend who had nothing but high praise for it. You might also consider the Maddog for less money. I'm listening to it now and it's impressive at $299!!

 

gL!!

post #3 of 169
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattTCG View Post

That's a tough call. I thinkt that the safe bet is with the he500. It's certainly tried and true. It's a beautiful hp for sure, but what amp are you using. You'll need a good one to get the best out of each of these. 

 

I have not heard the Paradox, but spoke at length to a friend who had nothing but high praise for it. You might also consider the Maddog for less money. I'm listening to it now and it's impressive at $299!!

 

gL!!

Here's the game changer I guess, I have an O2 amplifier, I guess it's neutrality is a great match with the paradox, and I've only heard great things about it, some even saying it could out match the HD800, people say the base headphone is only 100 at most, but since when did price range ever dictate performance.

post #4 of 169

I'm not sure if that is necessarily a "game changer".  I've heard good things about the O2/ODAC paired with the HE-500 as well.

post #5 of 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke Signals View Post

I'm not sure if that is necessarily a "game changer".  I've heard good things about the O2/ODAC paired with the HE-500 as well.

You must be new here... wait you are tongue.gif.

You will always hear good things with just about every single pairing out there. Most of those opinions mean jack all to me though.
post #6 of 169
Thanks for sharing.

The thing is, the OP asked for our opinions and was specifically referencing what he has heard/read about amps with the paradox(see: opinions on pairings)

So I fail to see how my registration date or the comment about you not caring about opinions or at least mine has any relevance in this thread.

Since this is a discussion forum specifically about opinions on audio I don't think my post was too out of place or unhelpful. Given that his worries were also founded on opinons that mean 'jackon all' to you
post #7 of 169

This is gonna be good...popcorn.gif

 

 

Seriously, what Momiji is saying is - give your own opinion if you've heard that exact pairing.  If you've not, spreading others word for it means jack all because there are many variations to take into consideration.  Have you heard the pairing?  If not, why not just direct the dude to ASK someone who has?
 

post #8 of 169
He said he had heard good things with one pairing and stated that it was a possible game changer. So why didn't you all just discredit his posts posts since he is accepting opinions that aren't first-hand.
post #9 of 169

Fair enough.

 

Anyway Headphonatic, you could possibly drop by the The T50RP Paradox | Review & mini tour impressions thread.  Its doing a mini-tour 'round the States.  Ask in the thread and if you're in luck there might be someone in Florida demo-ing them.  If they have a HD800, even better - you could do a side by side comparison.

post #10 of 169
Just spreading the love tongue.gif.

Try not to post hearsay. It happens so much on this forum and audio is incredibly subjective.
post #11 of 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by MomijiTMO View Post

Just spreading the love tongue.gif.
Try not to post hearsay. It happens so much on this forum and audio is incredibly subjective.

Saddening, really. One person does a passionate review favouring a product, and the hearsay spreads like a storm across people who have not auditioned or owned the products in question. Head-Fi or at least 'full-sized headphones' subforum seems to be built around the notion of influencing and convincing people and de-emphasizing the importance of how everyone hears things differently, and prioritizes aspects of sound quality differently.


Edited by jerg - 11/11/12 at 10:40pm
post #12 of 169
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DTrewwye View Post

This is gonna be good...popcorn.gif

 

 

Seriously, what Momiji is saying is - give your own opinion if you've heard that exact pairing.  If you've not, spreading others word for it means jack all because there are many variations to take into consideration.  Have you heard the pairing?  If not, why not just direct the dude to ASK someone who has?
 

Been there done that, they just told me the neutrality of the paradox and O2 go together well, makes a nice detailed monitoring can. Also, I've only heard, can't really try it for myself, an audio store in Miami, priceless. If anyone knows of one, please tell me, but back on subject, I trust the general opinion of Head-fi, more or less, I mean what else can I do, I've heard wonder about both cans.


Edited by headphonatic - 11/12/12 at 7:35am
post #13 of 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by headphonatic View Post
 speed and detail

The t50rp mods will not touch HiFi headphones on this.

post #14 of 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by RushNerd View Post

The t50rp mods will not touch HiFi headphones on this.

 

How many Fostex mods have you heard?  I think I'm probably up near about 15 different variations at this point in time.  Speed and detail are in the latest concoction that I just had on my ears a short bit ago.  I, too, thought this may not have been possible to achieve.  However, it has.

post #15 of 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by wje View Post

 

How many Fostex mods have you heard?  I think I'm probably up near about 15 different variations at this point in time.  Speed and detail are in the latest concoction that I just had on my ears a short bit ago.  I, too, thought this may not have been possible to achieve.  However, it has.

 

Gotta agree with wje on this one. There is some magic in the t50rp!!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Hifiman HE500 vs LFF Paradox's, best price to preformance?