So I've been powering my HiFiman HE-400's off of a FiiO e7 Amp/Dac, and it really isn't powering it as fully as it can. What are some good ~$200 DAC/AMP combos that can power the HiFiman HE-400's?
- productASUS Xonar Essence ST Headphone 7.1-Channel Audio Card for Audiophilestagged by System, 11/11/12
- productASUS Xonar Essence STXtagged by System, 11/11/12
- productAudinst HUD-MX1tagged by System, 11/11/12
- productAudio-gd NFB-11.32tagged by System, 11/11/12
- productAudio-gd NFB-12.1tagged by System, 11/11/12
- productAudio-gd NFB 15.1tagged by System, 11/11/12
- productFiiO E09Ktagged by System, 11/11/12
- productFiiO E17tagged by System, 11/11/12
- productFiiO E7 USB DAC and Portable Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 11/11/12
- productFiiO E9 Desktop Headphone Amplifier and Dock for E7 USB DACtagged by System, 11/11/12More
- productHiFiMAN HE-400tagged by System, 11/11/12
- productJDS Labs Assembled Objective2 Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 11/11/12
- productSchiit Asgard Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 11/11/12
Related Forum Threads
- Please suggest a DAC + Amp for my brand new HE-400 Last post on 12/4/12 at 8:27pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Need alternatives for my HD650! Last post on 11/4/12 at 10:53pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Cheapest Amp to Drive HD600 Last post on 9/25/14 at 5:56pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- E7 + E9 or other? Last post on 3/22/13 at 4:57pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Beyerdynamic DT990 / 600 Ohm Amp Recommendation and misc. Last post on 6/11/13 at 10:08am in Headphones (full-size)
There aren't many sub-$10 IEMs in the market. With all the recent budget IEMs being priced at around $50, it leaves very little choice for people who are looking for a very cheap IEM. As far as I...
Since I was among the early adopters of this updated 2.0 version of R3, I already posted a detailed review with pictures in the original R3 review thread. Therefore, I'm just going to provide a...
Im probably like you right now, I was once reading reviews a bunch of comments, watching a bunch of videos of what to purchase... and everyone kept suggesting the ATH-M50x, so in a frantic search...
First I'd like to thank Brainwavz for the opportunity to review these. As others did, I received a review pair to keep. It was a very generous gesture. Plenty of people have already posted all the...
Comply foam tip should need no introduction at this point, as it has become a norm for many brand name IEM to include a pair of them. But what we are talking here is something new – or should I say...
HiFiman HE-400 DAC/AMP combo?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
You can also get the Audinst HUD-MX1, which will make a great DAC later if you ever want to use it in that capacity for a bigger amp later on and has a pretty good headphone amp built in.
NFB12.1 or 15.1 or 11.32 (used)
Schiit Asgard (output from your E7 as a DAC to the Asgard)
Fiio E9 (dock your E7 as the DAC)
JDS Labs O2 AMP (output from E7 as DAC; or add ODAC later if you want)
AVR (any old receiver can do great)
Speaker amps (just get a speaker tap adapter/cable and you can use power speaker amps that are inexpensive)
To be honest the difference between DACs are not very distinguishable at all on HE-400. Any DAC recommended by the other posters will do.
The headphones sound quality outweighs too much compared to the differences of DACs.
I strongly doubt that the first sentence is true. The second sentence is probably true. I have no idea what the third sentence is saying. :)
- HiFiman HE-400 DAC/AMP combo?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › 1964 Ears (The Appreciation Thread) 11 seconds ago
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 1 minute ago
- › EarSonics Velvet universal custom in ear monitor with three sound... 1 minute ago
- › Brainwavz S5 IEM Headphones Review 1 minute ago
- › Schiit MJOLNIR 2 minutes ago
- › 2014 CanJam @ RMAF (October 10-12, 2014): The CanJam exhibitor list... 3 minutes ago
- › Asus Essence One Headphone Amp/DAC (CeBIT 2011) 3 minutes ago
- › Chi-Uni-Fi 8.5 Chicago Area HP Meet - Nov 8th 2014 3 minutes ago
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Looking to upgrade 4 minutes ago
- › MEElectronics M9-BK Hi-Fi Sound-Isolating Earphones (Black) by lin0003
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by twister6
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by Michaelc136
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Kamakahah
- › Comply Custom Wraps by ClieOS
- › Bowers & Wilkins P5 Mobile Headphones by twister6
- › FiiO E17 by DwightLooi
- › FIDUE A81 In-Ear Noise Isolating Earphones Heaphones with High-End... by Brooko
- › Audeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphones by monitorlove
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by ballbarn
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)