So I've been powering my HiFiman HE-400's off of a FiiO e7 Amp/Dac, and it really isn't powering it as fully as it can. What are some good ~$200 DAC/AMP combos that can power the HiFiman HE-400's?
- productASUS Xonar Essence ST Headphone 7.1-Channel Audio Card for Audiophilestagged by System, 11/11/12
- productASUS Xonar Essence STXtagged by System, 11/11/12
- productAudinst HUD-MX1tagged by System, 11/11/12
- productAudio-gd NFB-11.32tagged by System, 11/11/12
- productAudio-gd NFB-12.1tagged by System, 11/11/12
- productAudio-gd NFB 15.1tagged by System, 11/11/12
- productFiiO E09Ktagged by System, 11/11/12
- productFiiO E17tagged by System, 11/11/12
- productFiiO E7 USB DAC and Portable Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 11/11/12
- productFiiO E9 Desktop Headphone Amplifier and Dock for E7 USB DACtagged by System, 11/11/12More
- productHiFiMAN HE-400tagged by System, 11/11/12
- productJDS Labs Assembled Objective2 Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 11/11/12
- productSchiit Asgard Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 11/11/12
Related Forum Threads
- Please suggest a DAC + Amp for my brand new HE-400 Last post on 12/4/12 at 8:27pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Need alternatives for my HD650! Last post on 11/4/12 at 10:53pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Cheapest Amp to Drive HD600 Last post on 6/10/13 at 10:10am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- E7 + E9 or other? Last post on 3/22/13 at 4:57pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Beyerdynamic DT990 / 600 Ohm Amp Recommendation and misc. Last post on 6/11/13 at 10:08am in Headphones (full-size)
I've owned the Sennheiser Momentum for about a year now. Though it is aesthetically pleasing, and very sturdy overall, I can honestly say that it isn't worth the $300. I enjoyed the mids, which...
Not quite a review but thought I'd quote my recent observations. Quote: Originally Posted by Rob80b Well the K712s showed up, just doing some preliminary comparison with my K701s with the...
First, a big thanks to Todd The Vinyl Junkie for making the 'e' series loaner program possible. To the next guy in line: sorry I kept them for so long. The very first pair of 'high-end'...
A big thanks to TekFusion for sending the TwinWoofer in for review and Ibrahim for taking the photo shots! TekFusion is a brand new fresh company based in India. Targeted for consumer...
I enjoy these headphones very much. A beautiful sound, clear and natural with a tight bass. I am a bit surprised such small cans can sounds so good. The wood finish might not suit everyone, but...
HiFiman HE-400 DAC/AMP combo?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
You can also get the Audinst HUD-MX1, which will make a great DAC later if you ever want to use it in that capacity for a bigger amp later on and has a pretty good headphone amp built in.
NFB12.1 or 15.1 or 11.32 (used)
Schiit Asgard (output from your E7 as a DAC to the Asgard)
Fiio E9 (dock your E7 as the DAC)
JDS Labs O2 AMP (output from E7 as DAC; or add ODAC later if you want)
AVR (any old receiver can do great)
Speaker amps (just get a speaker tap adapter/cable and you can use power speaker amps that are inexpensive)
To be honest the difference between DACs are not very distinguishable at all on HE-400. Any DAC recommended by the other posters will do.
The headphones sound quality outweighs too much compared to the differences of DACs.
I strongly doubt that the first sentence is true. The second sentence is probably true. I have no idea what the third sentence is saying. :)
- HiFiman HE-400 DAC/AMP combo?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › [REVIEW] Sennheiser HD25-1 II vs Sennheiser Amperior: Comparison... 23 seconds ago
- › The Best Bass Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser Amperior Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM Review 2 minutes ago
- › Denon AH-D7000 2 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Cowon Plenue P1 2 minutes ago
- › Improving on my headphone rig... 2 minutes ago
- › TTPOD T1-E Appreciation thread....? 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum by MacroPower
- › AKG K712 Pro by Rob80b
- › Grado Labs SR225e by yage
- › Tekfusion Twinwoofers by BillsonChang007
- › ATH-ESW10JPN by bluelines
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M40x Professional Headphones by krishtrinity1
- › Baldoor EarBell E100 by subwoof3r
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by lin0003
- › FiiO Kilimanjaro 2 (E11K) Portable Headphone Amplifier by twister6
- › Audio Technica Sonic Fuel ATH-CKX9iS In-ear Headphones with In-line... by TheAfterEffect
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)