So I've been powering my HiFiman HE-400's off of a FiiO e7 Amp/Dac, and it really isn't powering it as fully as it can. What are some good ~$200 DAC/AMP combos that can power the HiFiman HE-400's?
- productASUS Xonar Essence ST Headphone 7.1-Channel Audio Card for Audiophilestagged by System, 11/11/12
- productASUS Xonar Essence STXtagged by System, 11/11/12
- productAudinst HUD-MX1tagged by System, 11/11/12
- productAudio-gd NFB-11.32tagged by System, 11/11/12
- productAudio-gd NFB-12.1tagged by System, 11/11/12
- productAudio-gd NFB 15.1tagged by System, 11/11/12
- productFiiO E09Ktagged by System, 11/11/12
- productFiiO E17tagged by System, 11/11/12
- productFiiO E7 USB DAC and Portable Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 11/11/12
- productFiiO E9 Desktop Headphone Amplifier and Dock for E7 USB DACtagged by System, 11/11/12More
- productHiFiMAN HE-400tagged by System, 11/11/12
- productJDS Labs Assembled Objective2 Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 11/11/12
- productSchiit Asgard Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 11/11/12
Related Forum Threads
- Please suggest a DAC + Amp for my brand new HE-400 Last post on 12/4/12 at 8:27pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Need alternatives for my HD650! Last post on 11/4/12 at 10:53pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Cheapest Amp to Drive HD600 Last post on 11/23/14 at 11:13pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- E7 + E9 or other? Last post on 3/22/13 at 4:57pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Beyerdynamic DT990 / 600 Ohm Amp Recommendation and misc. Last post on 6/11/13 at 10:08am in Headphones (full-size)
Hi guys, this is my first post and my first review, please consider too that I am not a native speaker, neither an audiophile. Right now I own a useless Fiio X3, its battery died and I have...
I'm not sure if this is the same model I got with my iPhone 4s or not. There have been tons of different models of these buds released for different i-devices. The ones that I received with my 4s...
I barely used them... got one pair and a few months later the left earpiece started cutting sound. The retail shop opened them and did a messy job, were working and then stopped. Got a 2nd pair,...
Wow...these cans seem to generate a lot of passion! Mr. Tech Agent's review below is a pretty tough act to follow, but I will try. 1st a quote from the literature that comes with the HD 650's:...
Final Audio Adagio III Quick Review Thanks to Hifiheadphones for the sample. Full review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/744122/final-audio-adagio-iii-review-by-mark2410 Brief: Oh god,...
HiFiman HE-400 DAC/AMP combo?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
You can also get the Audinst HUD-MX1, which will make a great DAC later if you ever want to use it in that capacity for a bigger amp later on and has a pretty good headphone amp built in.
NFB12.1 or 15.1 or 11.32 (used)
Schiit Asgard (output from your E7 as a DAC to the Asgard)
Fiio E9 (dock your E7 as the DAC)
JDS Labs O2 AMP (output from E7 as DAC; or add ODAC later if you want)
AVR (any old receiver can do great)
Speaker amps (just get a speaker tap adapter/cable and you can use power speaker amps that are inexpensive)
To be honest the difference between DACs are not very distinguishable at all on HE-400. Any DAC recommended by the other posters will do.
The headphones sound quality outweighs too much compared to the differences of DACs.
I strongly doubt that the first sentence is true. The second sentence is probably true. I have no idea what the third sentence is saying. :)
- HiFiman HE-400 DAC/AMP combo?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › PC Enthusiast-Fi (PC Gaming/Hardware/Software/Overclocking) 23 seconds ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 32 seconds ago
- › PONO - Neil Youngs portable hi-res music player 1 minute ago
- › New Member Introductions thread 1 minute ago
- › Crack;Bottlehead OTL 1 minute ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 1 minute ago
- › going from Bose AE2 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Mjolnir headphone amplifier 2 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › Winter 2015 AAMML Holiday Gift Exchange 2 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX90 Portable Digital Audio Player by Arturoo123
- › Apple iPod Earphones Headphones for iPod Nano, Touch & Classic by GoldenGuy66
- › Shure SE215 by damianmb
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by Willy 2 Streams
- › Final Audio Design Adagio III by mark2410
- › Sennheiser HD 600 by paara
- › AKG K702 65th Anniversary Edition by gabrielnorena
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by lecky
- › FIDUE A71 Dual Dynamic Drivers Hi-Fi Earphones by djvkool
- › iBasso Audio D-Zero MK2 by lin0003
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)