So I've been powering my HiFiman HE-400's off of a FiiO e7 Amp/Dac, and it really isn't powering it as fully as it can. What are some good ~$200 DAC/AMP combos that can power the HiFiman HE-400's?
- productASUS Xonar Essence ST Headphone 7.1-Channel Audio Card for Audiophilestagged by System, 11/11/12
- productASUS Xonar Essence STXtagged by System, 11/11/12
- productAudinst HUD-MX1tagged by System, 11/11/12
- productAudio-gd NFB-11.32tagged by System, 11/11/12
- productAudio-gd NFB-12.1tagged by System, 11/11/12
- productAudio-gd NFB 15.1tagged by System, 11/11/12
- productFiiO E09Ktagged by System, 11/11/12
- productFiiO E17tagged by System, 11/11/12
- productFiiO E7 USB DAC and Portable Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 11/11/12
- productFiiO E9 Desktop Headphone Amplifier and Dock for E7 USB DACtagged by System, 11/11/12More
- productHiFiMAN HE-400tagged by System, 11/11/12
- productJDS Labs Assembled Objective2 Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 11/11/12
- productSchiit Asgard Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 11/11/12
Related Forum Threads
- Please suggest a DAC + Amp for my brand new HE-400 Last post on 12/4/12 at 8:27pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Need alternatives for my HD650! Last post on 11/4/12 at 10:53pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Cheapest Amp to Drive HD600 Last post on 9/6/14 at 8:52pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- E7 + E9 or other? Last post on 3/22/13 at 4:57pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Beyerdynamic DT990 / 600 Ohm Amp Recommendation and misc. Last post on 6/11/13 at 10:08am in Headphones (full-size)
Let's keep this short. There are better headphones out there without any cons. The Grado RS1i can get shouty at times or give a bit of weird bass. The comfort isn't great either although I changed...
First of all, I have bought these headphones exactly one week ago. I have upgraded to these from my Superlux 668b. I will do a review now, and update it after another couple of weeks worth...
I am from China and I'd like to say Chinese people are lucky enough to have the opportunity to reach most of device in the area of audio especially some brand only provided in China.So it made me...
The Theorem 720 is magical.. Using it is like stepping into a foreign land where everything is crisp, detailed, and so very vivid that you’ll never want to leave again for the boring, veiled,...
This is my first DAP. I bought it in August with pre-installed 2.1 firmware and I have to say I am positively surprised how great this player sounds. I honestly can not compare it with other DAPs...
HiFiman HE-400 DAC/AMP combo?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
You can also get the Audinst HUD-MX1, which will make a great DAC later if you ever want to use it in that capacity for a bigger amp later on and has a pretty good headphone amp built in.
NFB12.1 or 15.1 or 11.32 (used)
Schiit Asgard (output from your E7 as a DAC to the Asgard)
Fiio E9 (dock your E7 as the DAC)
JDS Labs O2 AMP (output from E7 as DAC; or add ODAC later if you want)
AVR (any old receiver can do great)
Speaker amps (just get a speaker tap adapter/cable and you can use power speaker amps that are inexpensive)
To be honest the difference between DACs are not very distinguishable at all on HE-400. Any DAC recommended by the other posters will do.
The headphones sound quality outweighs too much compared to the differences of DACs.
I strongly doubt that the first sentence is true. The second sentence is probably true. I have no idea what the third sentence is saying. :)
- HiFiman HE-400 DAC/AMP combo?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 7/9/2014:... 29 seconds ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › AUDEZE LCD XC 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 4 minutes ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 5 minutes ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 5 minutes ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 8 minutes ago
- › Brand Spanking New A&K AK120II and AK100II 9 minutes ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 11 minutes ago
- › Hello World 11 minutes ago
- › Grado RS1i Reference Series Headphones by Textfeud
- › Shure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphones by donniefalcone
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by lizhenghong728
- › Cypher Labs Theorem 720 DAC Headphone Amplifier by cripple1
- › iBasso DX90 Portable Digital Audio Player by marhol
- › ASUS Vulcan ANC Circumaural Pro Gaming Headset by robthebiggerman
- › AKG Acoustics K-240 Semi Open Studio Headphones by jerryg
- › ALO Audio The Pan Am by JoeDoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Zelda
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Kunlun
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)