So I've been powering my HiFiman HE-400's off of a FiiO e7 Amp/Dac, and it really isn't powering it as fully as it can. What are some good ~$200 DAC/AMP combos that can power the HiFiman HE-400's?
- productASUS Xonar Essence ST Headphone 7.1-Channel Audio Card for Audiophilestagged by System, 11/11/12
- productASUS Xonar Essence STXtagged by System, 11/11/12
- productAudinst HUD-MX1tagged by System, 11/11/12
- productAudio-gd NFB-11.32tagged by System, 11/11/12
- productAudio-gd NFB-12.1tagged by System, 11/11/12
- productAudio-gd NFB 15.1tagged by System, 11/11/12
- productFiiO E09Ktagged by System, 11/11/12
- productFiiO E17tagged by System, 11/11/12
- productFiiO E7 USB DAC and Portable Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 11/11/12
- productFiiO E9 Desktop Headphone Amplifier and Dock for E7 USB DACtagged by System, 11/11/12More
- productHiFiMAN HE-400tagged by System, 11/11/12
- productJDS Labs Assembled Objective2 Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 11/11/12
- productSchiit Asgard Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 11/11/12
Related Forum Threads
- Please suggest a DAC + Amp for my brand new HE-400 Last post on 12/4/12 at 8:27pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Need alternatives for my HD650! Last post on 11/4/12 at 10:53pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Cheapest Amp to Drive HD600 Last post on Yesterday at 5:22 pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- E7 + E9 or other? Last post on 3/22/13 at 4:57pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Beyerdynamic DT990 / 600 Ohm Amp Recommendation and misc. Last post on 6/11/13 at 10:08am in Headphones (full-size)
Tralucent Audio Reference 1 – With Comparisons I would first like to give a huge thanks to Head-Fi member, warrior1975 for loaning me his Ref. 1 and TWau cable for review. I was...
Introduction – As the current flagship of the young company Brainwavz, the R3 has a quite a lot on its shoulders. Utilizing a relatively new dual-dynamic driver configuration, uncommon with most...
Disclaimer: a. I am in no way affiliated with Fiio b. The X1 audition was a part of a world tour audition. c. There is no monetary or in kind gain due to the audition. With the disclaimer...
I'd say this is a great set of IEMs for its price if you're looking for that consumer v-shaped sound sig. It's not the most balanced sound sig, but for what it is, it sounds pretty good. The mids...
As of September 2014, the HE-400 has been discontinued, and it's successor, the HE-400i is being sold in its place. So why publish, or even read, a review now? First, there are many used...
HiFiman HE-400 DAC/AMP combo?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
You can also get the Audinst HUD-MX1, which will make a great DAC later if you ever want to use it in that capacity for a bigger amp later on and has a pretty good headphone amp built in.
NFB12.1 or 15.1 or 11.32 (used)
Schiit Asgard (output from your E7 as a DAC to the Asgard)
Fiio E9 (dock your E7 as the DAC)
JDS Labs O2 AMP (output from E7 as DAC; or add ODAC later if you want)
AVR (any old receiver can do great)
Speaker amps (just get a speaker tap adapter/cable and you can use power speaker amps that are inexpensive)
To be honest the difference between DACs are not very distinguishable at all on HE-400. Any DAC recommended by the other posters will do.
The headphones sound quality outweighs too much compared to the differences of DACs.
I strongly doubt that the first sentence is true. The second sentence is probably true. I have no idea what the third sentence is saying. :)
- HiFiman HE-400 DAC/AMP combo?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Havi B3 Pro-1 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › MCINTOSH LABS INTRODUCES NEW HEADPHONE AMP MODEL MHA 100 1 minute ago
- › Divine Moments in Music 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 2 minutes ago
- › ATH m40x bass ? 4 minutes ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 4 minutes ago
- › The Xiaomi Pistons Thread 2.0 4 minutes ago
- › Need IEM/on-ear/over-ear under 100$... 6 minutes ago
- › Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread 6 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 6 minutes ago
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by moedawg140
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by Audiophile1811
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by hitchhiker
- › Xiaomi Pistons 2.0 MK301 by Midgetguy
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by Rajikaru
- › MyST 1866 by cleg
- › The Enigma by Levaix
- › Bowers & Wilkins C5 S2 In-Ear Headphones, Black by twister6
- › MEElectronics M9-BK Hi-Fi Sound-Isolating Earphones (Black) by lin0003
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by Michaelc136
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)