Hey guys. My mom and I are thinking of buying my stepdad a nice pair of cans for christmas, as he travels a lot.
She saw the B&W P5s in a magazine ad, and asked me if they were good, or if I could find something better. I'm pretty sure I can find something better, but there are some criterias.
- They have to look good, at least not ugly
- Not too large, will be used on the go
- Comy, able to be used for long periods of time (he doesn't use glasses though)
- Obviously good sound, can be used without any amps or such on phones
- Not looking for perfect, balanced and clear sound, but a bit bassy and sound that is fun listening to
- He mainly listens to rap and hip hop
- Good noise cancellation
- We don't have all kinds of headphones available here, so please suggest some that aren't super rare
- Maximum price level is around ~600 dollars, but remember most headphones will be more expensive here in Norway than in USA / UK
I don't have all that much knowledge about headphones, but a little.
The first that came to my mind is:
- Bose quietcomfort 15/3 (?)
Anybody got better alternatives? I created a thread for this because there are quite a lot of criterias, and since they're not for me I didn't want it to get buried in the main thread. Sorry if that is a huge incovinience. Thanks in advance.
Edited by batteripakke - 11/10/12 at 7:58pm