So out of these two headphones, around the same price, which one is worth more of the money? Is there any other headphone that can compare? To be more precise, which headphone is best from $300-$400 and is good for classic, 60's-70's music and hip hop, dubstep, electronic.....???? ( will be used with Fiio e10 DAC/Amp. ( also I have ultrasone 580, is it worth an upgrade????? )
Related Forum Threads
- If you had 500$ budget which headphone/DAC,AMP would you get? Last post on 1/19/13 at 7:27pm in Headphones (full-size)
- With $700, what should I buy? Last post on 1/25/13 at 10:18pm in Headphones (full-size)
- <$500 immersive AIRY/transparent open headphones for trance, VETERANS please help Last post on 12/22/12 at 12:34pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for a good $800~ budget setup. Last post on 2/11/14 at 7:47am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphones under $300? Last post on 7/22/14 at 4:22pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 7/11/14
i never usually write reviews, but when i do, its usually with underrated earphones/headphones, because i think they do deserve some justice. just a background, i owned headphones/earphones...
Rather than go into the esoteric aspects of the sound signature (not really sure if all the nomenclature actually means the same thing to everyone) I'm going to approach this review from a little...
Got a good local deal on these as the are being replaced by the SoundTrue variant, which as far as I can tell, only adds a case and different colors. The Bose AE2 are a very lightweight...
RockJaw is an up and coming headphone company from Great Britain starting strong with a huge lineup. The Alfa Genus is one of their midrange offerings and offers a certain special something that is...
Bought the active noise cancelling version of these as a daily deal on Amazon for <$20. Active noise cancelling completely broken on both my original unit and the replacement - so on one hand...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Mad Dog Speakers vs HiFiMan 400????
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Check out Matt's very recent comparison, and decide based on your own priorities:
I love it when I'm quoted. jk...I think that for your musical preferences that you could go either way. The amp that you have could also make the difference. If you're using the e17, the he400 is easier to drive than MD. If I only had the e17, I'd go with the he400 for sure.
Two different worlds really even though both sport Planar tech. The MD's have a lot more value for isolation and pro audio use/mixing IMO. The 400's are just made for music and enjoyment.
No idea why, but this song sounds amazingly good on the 400's, that's the 60's for ya xD
Edited by RushNerd - 11/11/12 at 2:59pm
Don't forget, the Mad Dogs are just a mod of the t50rp which is a pretty cheap headphone. What mrspeakers has done with them is quite amazing, but he pulled the last drop of SQ out of those drivers.
The HE-400 technically has better drivers, and you can hear this, it has better detail, soundstage, etc.
Think about what you can achieve with some cheap and easy mods.
New earpads (velour), the grill mod and maybe a filter for the highs, if it's too much for you.
- Mad Dog Speakers vs HiFiMan 400????
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › PONO - Neil Youngs portable hi-res music player 3 minutes ago
- › Review of Audio Technica ATH-IM01, ATH-IM02, ATH-IM03, ATH-IM04,... 3 minutes ago
- › Fiio E17 used as a portable USB soundcard for a laptop? 4 minutes ago
- › Fostex T50RP Incremental Mods and Measurements 5 minutes ago
- › An audiophile and petrolhead's journal: Buckle up! 6 minutes ago
- › Hi I'm new and would love some recommendations 8 minutes ago
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 IEM 9 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 9 minutes ago
- › TTPOD T1-E Appreciation thread....? 10 minutes ago
- › Recommendations for an end-game system. 11 minutes ago
- › Philips SHL5905BK/28 CitiScape Uptown by emanlee
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by shockdoc
- › Bose®AE2 audio headphones by Blinxat
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by Ishcabible
- › Phiaton PS 20 Half In-Ear Premium Earphone (Glossy Black) by DrikTheTroll
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Currawong
- › JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black by wpfloridian
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by VanCitySound
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by Nada190
- › ASUS Essence STX II by raymond555
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)