So out of these two headphones, around the same price, which one is worth more of the money? Is there any other headphone that can compare? To be more precise, which headphone is best from $300-$400 and is good for classic, 60's-70's music and hip hop, dubstep, electronic.....???? ( will be used with Fiio e10 DAC/Amp. ( also I have ultrasone 580, is it worth an upgrade????? )
Related Forum Threads
- If you had 500$ budget which headphone/DAC,AMP would you get? Last post on 1/19/13 at 7:27pm in Headphones (full-size)
- With $700, what should I buy? Last post on 1/25/13 at 10:18pm in Headphones (full-size)
- <$500 immersive AIRY/transparent open headphones for trance, VETERANS please help Last post on 12/22/12 at 12:34pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for a good $800~ budget setup. Last post on 2/11/14 at 7:47am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphones under $300? Last post on 7/22/14 at 4:22pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
I must admit, until recently, I was not aware of the Master and Dynamic brand. I had heard about them on the forums, but never really read anything about them. Their recent model MH40 is their...
For larger views of any photo - please click for access to 1200 x 800 images INTRODUCTION I’ve only recently heard about thinksound™ audio, and before Head-Fi user d marc0 contacted me, I’d...
I just bought this headphone and it sound amazing, I did a burn in for about 20hr and the sound improve dramatically compared when the headphone was in the box. The comfort is phenomenal and due to...
Bought one of these to keep me going while I save for a replacement dac for my bedside rig. My previous Dac's have all been in the lower to mid end so this review is based on that level- Arcam,...
Details: Single balanced armature flagship universal IEMs from Final Audio Design Price: Heaven VII EU 550; Heaven VIII EU 600 Specs: Driver: Single BA | Imp: 24Ω | Sens: 106 dB | Freq: not...
Mad Dog Speakers vs HiFiMan 400????
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Check out Matt's very recent comparison, and decide based on your own priorities:
I love it when I'm quoted. jk...I think that for your musical preferences that you could go either way. The amp that you have could also make the difference. If you're using the e17, the he400 is easier to drive than MD. If I only had the e17, I'd go with the he400 for sure.
Two different worlds really even though both sport Planar tech. The MD's have a lot more value for isolation and pro audio use/mixing IMO. The 400's are just made for music and enjoyment.
No idea why, but this song sounds amazingly good on the 400's, that's the 60's for ya xD
Edited by RushNerd - 11/11/12 at 2:59pm
Don't forget, the Mad Dogs are just a mod of the t50rp which is a pretty cheap headphone. What mrspeakers has done with them is quite amazing, but he pulled the last drop of SQ out of those drivers.
The HE-400 technically has better drivers, and you can hear this, it has better detail, soundstage, etc.
Think about what you can achieve with some cheap and easy mods.
New earpads (velour), the grill mod and maybe a filter for the highs, if it's too much for you.
- Mad Dog Speakers vs HiFiMan 400????
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 and Wireless! 7 seconds ago
- › Chord Hugo 1 minute ago
- › Rockbox: My ***186*** custom EQ presets you can download and easily... 1 minute ago
- › DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . Lurker0 FW Mod... 2 minutes ago
- › Formula 1-fi (Read the First Post!) 2 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 3 minutes ago
- › Introducing Lotoo PAW Gold 4 minutes ago
- › Aune T1 USB Tube DAC+ SS Amp Discussion Thread ***See first post... 4 minutes ago
- › The Xiaomi Pistons Thread 2.0 5 minutes ago
- › JVC HP-DX1000 Owners Unite! 10 minutes ago
- › Master & Dynamic MH40 by lin0003
- › thinksound rain2 Wooden In-Ear Headphone (Gunmetal Chocolate) by Brooko
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by Gia Bao
- › Pro-Ject Audio DAC Box E Entry Level DAC Black by LugBug1
- › Final Audio Design Heaven Viii by newzild
- › Audeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphones by hodgjy
- › Shanling M3 Portable Digital Audio Player by YoYo JoKeR
- › Sennheiser Momentum Wireless Over Ear Headphones in Black M2AEBT by twister6
- › Noble 4 by Kuroneko Guy
- › Superlux HD669 by Philliphobia
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2