So out of these two headphones, around the same price, which one is worth more of the money? Is there any other headphone that can compare? To be more precise, which headphone is best from $300-$400 and is good for classic, 60's-70's music and hip hop, dubstep, electronic.....???? ( will be used with Fiio e10 DAC/Amp. ( also I have ultrasone 580, is it worth an upgrade????? )
Related Forum Threads
- If you had 500$ budget which headphone/DAC,AMP would you get? Last post on 1/19/13 at 7:27pm in Headphones (full-size)
- With $700, what should I buy? Last post on 1/25/13 at 10:18pm in Headphones (full-size)
- <$500 immersive AIRY/transparent open headphones for trance, VETERANS please help Last post on 12/22/12 at 12:34pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for a good $800~ budget setup. Last post on 2/11/14 at 7:47am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphones under $300? Last post on 7/22/14 at 4:22pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
VentureCraft are a Japanese company well known for their portable headphone amplifiers and amp/DAC combo units. Today, I will be taking a look at their latest offering in this category: the...
This is a quick unboxing and review of the player. More detailed review coming soon.
Hi all, I will prepare a proper review when I have some time and am not working. In short however, these are superior to any IEM I have personally used for my tastes. I listen to a vast...
Disclaimer: I was given the MEElectronics M9 Classic in return for a review. The opinions expressed in this review are 100% my own, and were not influenced by MEElectronics in any way. Before I...
AK120II and Pono player combined review
Mad Dog Speakers vs HiFiMan 400????
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Check out Matt's very recent comparison, and decide based on your own priorities:
I love it when I'm quoted. jk...I think that for your musical preferences that you could go either way. The amp that you have could also make the difference. If you're using the e17, the he400 is easier to drive than MD. If I only had the e17, I'd go with the he400 for sure.
Two different worlds really even though both sport Planar tech. The MD's have a lot more value for isolation and pro audio use/mixing IMO. The 400's are just made for music and enjoyment.
No idea why, but this song sounds amazingly good on the 400's, that's the 60's for ya xD
Edited by RushNerd - 11/11/12 at 2:59pm
Don't forget, the Mad Dogs are just a mod of the t50rp which is a pretty cheap headphone. What mrspeakers has done with them is quite amazing, but he pulled the last drop of SQ out of those drivers.
The HE-400 technically has better drivers, and you can hear this, it has better detail, soundstage, etc.
Think about what you can achieve with some cheap and easy mods.
New earpads (velour), the grill mod and maybe a filter for the highs, if it's too much for you.
- Mad Dog Speakers vs HiFiMan 400????
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Zero Audio - ZH-DX200 Carbo Tenore | ZH-DX210 Carbo Basso (Carbon &... 4 seconds ago
- › Best headphones for about 400dollars 51 seconds ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 52 seconds ago
- › Oppo PM-3 : The Portable Planar - Impressions 55 seconds ago
- › What are 3 additions to the FW of the DX50 or DX90 that you would... 1 minute ago
- › Official Ipod Video / Classic 5g+5.5g+6g+6.5g+7g SSD Mod thread 1 minute ago
- › WOO-HOOOO... WA7 "fireflies"!!! 2 minutes ago
- › A little about the Shozy Alien 2 minutes ago
- › Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics! 2 minutes ago
- › Neko Audio D100 Mk.2 3 minutes ago
- › VentureCraft SounDroid Vantam by fonzler
- › Sony Walkman Nw-zx2 128gb Mp3 Player Hi-res by piksnz
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Wyd4
- › MEElectronics M9 Classic Hi-Fi Noise-Isolating In-Ear Headphones by DisCHORDDubstep
- › PonoMusic PonoPlayer by piksnz
- › EarTech Music Dual Driver Custom Molded In Ear Musician Monitors... by acain
- › PSB M4U 1 by prez
- › 1 More Design Piston Crystal by banjoanton
- › Schiit Magni 2 by Willy 2 Streams
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by tomscy2000
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3