So out of these two headphones, around the same price, which one is worth more of the money? Is there any other headphone that can compare? To be more precise, which headphone is best from $300-$400 and is good for classic, 60's-70's music and hip hop, dubstep, electronic.....???? ( will be used with Fiio e10 DAC/Amp. ( also I have ultrasone 580, is it worth an upgrade????? )
Related Forum Threads
- If you had 500$ budget which headphone/DAC,AMP would you get? Last post on 1/19/13 at 7:27pm in Headphones (full-size)
- With $700, what should I buy? Last post on 1/25/13 at 10:18pm in Headphones (full-size)
- <$500 immersive AIRY/transparent open headphones for trance, VETERANS please help Last post on 12/22/12 at 12:34pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for a good $800~ budget setup. Last post on 2/11/14 at 7:47am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphones under $300? Last post on 6/10/14 at 3:01am in Headphones (full-size)
I bought these headphones a little over a week ago, and thought I should post my impressions. I work in a small office, and sit close to my boss, who is constantly on the phone, so I wanted a...
Sources used: Macbook Pro, iphone 4s, Fiio e10, Schiit Magni, This is a personal Unit: Bought at LMUE for 38USD during pre-sale Burn-in time: I don’t believe in huge differences, but in order...
Note to the Reader This was a demo unit, part of a program organized by Todd the Vinyl Junkie. A big thanks to Todd for his generosity and allowing me a week to fool around with these little...
This is a review and comparison of Ostry KC06 and KC06A in-ear headphones. http://www.ostry.com.cn/item/detailPage?itemid=28 and http://www.ostry.com.cn/item/detailPage?itemid=29 I get a...
I have the 600 Ohm version of these, so other impedance models will probably vary in sound. This said, I find this to be a wonderfully balanced set. They exhibit no harshness to my ears across...
Mad Dog Speakers vs HiFiMan 400????
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Check out Matt's very recent comparison, and decide based on your own priorities:
I love it when I'm quoted. jk...I think that for your musical preferences that you could go either way. The amp that you have could also make the difference. If you're using the e17, the he400 is easier to drive than MD. If I only had the e17, I'd go with the he400 for sure.
Two different worlds really even though both sport Planar tech. The MD's have a lot more value for isolation and pro audio use/mixing IMO. The 400's are just made for music and enjoyment.
No idea why, but this song sounds amazingly good on the 400's, that's the 60's for ya xD
Edited by RushNerd - 11/11/12 at 2:59pm
Don't forget, the Mad Dogs are just a mod of the t50rp which is a pretty cheap headphone. What mrspeakers has done with them is quite amazing, but he pulled the last drop of SQ out of those drivers.
The HE-400 technically has better drivers, and you can hear this, it has better detail, soundstage, etc.
Think about what you can achieve with some cheap and easy mods.
New earpads (velour), the grill mod and maybe a filter for the highs, if it's too much for you.
- Mad Dog Speakers vs HiFiMan 400????
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Rank the Headphones that You Own. 29 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › (It Seems That) The iPhone 6 Will Have A Headphone Jack 1 minute ago
- › PC Enthusiast-Fi (PC Gaming/Hardware/Software/Overclocking) 2 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 3 minutes ago
- › Distortion of Sound Documentary 3 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 3 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 7/9/2014:... 4 minutes ago
- › Martin Logan Mikros 90 On-Ear Headphones 5 minutes ago
- › Grado e Series 6 minutes ago
- › PSB M4U 2 Noise Canceling headphones by Mr_Owlow
- › VSONIC VSD3S Black High Fidelity Professional Quality Stereo... by squallkiercosa
- › Eclipse TD-M1 by HideousPride
- › OSTRY KC06 High Fidelity Stereo Inner-Ear Earphones by twister6
- › beyerdynamic DT 880 Premium Headphones by Xyrium
- › DacMagic XS USB DAC Headphone Amp by Davidoffdgh
- › SONY MDR-XB90EX | In-Ear EXTRA BASS Headphones (Japanese Import) by kevms89
- › M-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphones by classycans
- › Audio Poutine CDAC+ by WhiskeyJacks
- › Hama HK-3063 by Blanejmc
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)