Considering selling my 535s and getting 232s. Worth it? I like the prospect of the added detail and bass impact from the 232s. Any comments welcome.
Related Forum Threads
- Westone 4r vs Shure SE535 ( L.E. RED ) VS Regular Shure 535 REQ:( best Punchy bass ) Last post on 11/28/12 at 5:28pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- New IEMS: Shure SE535 or Westone 4R Last post on 5/9/13 at 11:32pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- 33rd birthday, XBA 4ip vs EX-1000 Last post on 3/27/13 at 6:52pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Westone um3x (I can trade with phonak pfe-232, re272, se535, er4p, earsonic sm3) Last post on 2/12/13 at 7:13pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Arrow 4G or custom tips to improve my SE535's? Last post on 1/17/13 at 1:50am in Portable Headphone Amps
I have a review thread comparing the Sony EX1000, 7550, XBA-4 and XBA-40...
I have made a review thread comparing the Sony MDR-1R with the Sennhesier Momentum, MDR-Z1000, Logitech UE 6000, Audio Technica ATH-M50 and AIAIAI TMA-1...
I have made a review thread comparing the Momentum with the Sony MDR-1R, MDR-Z1000, Logitech UE 6000, Audio Technica ATH-M50 and AIAIAI TMA-1...
This review is reposted from my blog: http://noblehifi.blogspot.co.uk/2013/05/soundmagic-hp200-review.html Disclaimer: The HP200 was given to me by SoundMAGIC for this review. This...
Firstly let's get some things squared away: I do not believe in break-in. (Burn-in for those who don't understand terminology.) I do not believe cable materials alter sound. I do not...
PFE 232 upgrade or sidegrade from SE535?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I suggest trying the PFE232 first before selling the SE535 as the PFE232 may not be your kind of IEMs. The way I see it, the SE535 is a mild upside down V shape signature while the PFE232 is a mild V shaped signature. You don't exactly lose too many points if you switch to the PFE232. The only thing that might be considered a downgrade is the glorious mids the Shures have. Other than that, you gain extension in both the Bass and Treble, VERY good bass response (both impact and control), treble that you couldn't hear as much in the SE535 due to the roll-off, more comfort (more of personal taste), and 2 cables (one with a mic, one without). However, there is an average price difference of $100~ between the two.
- PFE 232 upgrade or sidegrade from SE535?
- › The Centrance HiFi M8 thread 48 seconds ago
- › Beats Solo HD vs. Beats Mixr? 59 seconds ago
- › The JVC HA-S500.. Appreciation, fan thread. 1 minute ago
- › Final Audio Design Appreciation/Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › FS: [ANOTHER Price Drop!] Like-new Beyerdynamic DT1350 1 minute ago
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › New Abyss planar magnetic headphone 3 minutes ago
- › The Stax thread (New) 3 minutes ago
- › Post The Live Album Your Listening To 4 minutes ago
- › Schiit Lyr - The tube rolling thread 5 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-7550 In-Ear Monitors (IEM) by a_recording
- › Sony MDR EX1000 by a_recording
- › Sony MDR-1R by a_recording
- › Sennheiser Momentum by a_recording
- › Soundmagic HP200 by Quadpatch
- › Pioneer SE-A1000 Lightweight Audiophile AV Over-Ear Headphones (Black) by CrystalT
- › JVC HA-FXT90 by JoeDoe
- › Firestone Tobby by project86
- › Sennheiser IE80 by minhquancanon7d
- › Unique Melody Miracle by Loquah
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Power Corner) by joe