Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › UE Triplefi 10 - clarification
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

UE Triplefi 10 - clarification

post #1 of 12
Thread Starter 

Hi, my UE TF 10 is damaged. The blue component, where the drivers are at, detached from the rest of the earpiece. This caused the wires to disconnect from the cable permanently. Since this is physical damage, it is impossible to exchange for new UE even with warranty.

 

My question is, will reshelling enable my UE to be working fine again? Please advise! Thanks!

post #2 of 12

Maybe you should be asking Logitech this question. And as long as your drivers werent damaged I think they can still reshell.

post #3 of 12
Thread Starter 

Drivers are not damaged. Asked Logitech, they said warranty does not cover physical damage (referring to the detach).

 

I was just wondering whether anyone know reshell can repair my earpiece? Reshell ain't cheap, so I wish to know whether it is worth the money,

post #4 of 12

I'm pretty sure someone in the "Inearz/Fisher" thread had the same problem as you and did get them reshelled successfully. But I would contact whatever company first to be 100% sure.

Here is the link tho that thread but there are many other companies out there you could use. http://www.head-fi.org/t/464570/inearz-fisher-hearing-custom-remold-owners-thread

post #5 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by fantasista View Post

Drivers are not damaged. Asked Logitech, they said warranty does not cover physical damage (referring to the detach).

 

I was just wondering whether anyone know reshell can repair my earpiece? Reshell ain't cheap, so I wish to know whether it is worth the money,


Reshell is $90 from InEarZ. so reshell, impressions and shipping. They are the lowest.

 

http://www.inearz.com/ordering/

post #6 of 12
Thread Starter 

Thanks pal for the info! Shall take a look. :D

 

What are the good companies that do reshell? Quality and money wise. Hope someone can share with me. New to it. Only know unique melody.

post #7 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by fantasista View Post

Thanks pal for the info! Shall take a look. biggrin.gif

What are the good companies that do reshell? Quality and money wise. Hope someone can share with me. New to it. Only know unique melody.

I know Unique Melody reshell the TF10, and their shell quality is consistently superb, but at $169 they're almost twice the price of the above company :\
post #8 of 12
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gofre View Post


I know Unique Melody reshell the TF10, and their shell quality is consistently superb, but at $169 they're almost twice the price of the above company :\

 

Ohh, but inearz is just as good or UM is slightly better? If the difference in quality ain't significant, then I think inearz is the better choice. Hmmm, please advise! Thanks in advance, guys!

post #9 of 12

Well there's http://www.head-fi.org/t/464570/inearz-fisher-hearing-custom-remold-owners-thread which was posted upthread and there's also one for  unique melody.   Do a bit of reading and make a choice from there.  It's also worth bearing in mind that christmas holidays are coming up which will throw a spanner in the works for delivery times.

post #10 of 12

A new pair costs about $160, reshelling at $169....

post #11 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by fantasista View Post

 

Ohh, but inearz is just as good or UM is slightly better? If the difference in quality ain't significant, then I think inearz is the better choice. Hmmm, please advise! Thanks in advance, guys!


InEarZ quality is decent but not at the level of places like UM or 1964 Ears. By quality I just mean appearance wise. They are well worth the price, so I still say its the way to go unless you want to pony up for extreme high quality. Mine are in the picture below from InEarZ, you have to look at them at just the right angle and lighting to see imperfections. It is also possible, they have gotten better quality wise since having mine done.

 

700

post #12 of 12
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watagump View Post


InEarZ quality is decent but not at the level of places like UM or 1964 Ears. By quality I just mean appearance wise. They are well worth the price, so I still say its the way to go unless you want to pony up for extreme high quality. Mine are in the picture below from InEarZ, you have to look at them at just the right angle and lighting to see imperfections. It is also possible, they have gotten better quality wise since having mine done.

 

700

 

I see I see, Thanks a lot manz!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › UE Triplefi 10 - clarification