Recent Images In This Thread
- productHiFiMAN HE-400tagged by System, 2/28/13
Related Forum Threads
- The best headphones that give you a real fun experience when listening to music... Last post on 10/6/14 at 8:26am in Headphones (full-size)
- he 400 Last post on 9/25/14 at 1:58pm in Headphones (full-size)
- HE400+Magni/modi combo Last post on 9/21/14 at 7:00am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- anyone own the he400 and have returned the he400i Last post on 9/21/14 at 11:16am in Headphones (full-size)
- HE-560 VS Vmoda M100 Last post on 9/18/14 at 1:12pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Overall Impressions This is a amazingly looking device, it does not matter how you look at it, it is simply a pleasure to look at. That is the first impact that one have once you look at it,...
The Pendulumic Stance S1 is an excellent "bluetooth" headphone. I'm sure there are better sounding "wireless" headphones and at some level believe the category should be divided into wireless and...
First of all, I'd like to thank Cayin for opportunity to review C5. As usual, main review is in Russian, here I'll share mt impressions in brief. There is not so many good portable amps in sub...
Ah, yes. The SE215, quite possibly the most popular entry-level IEM on the market at the moment, and for good reason. These headphones are perfect for any budding audio enthusiast thanks to its...
Shure has definitely outdone themselves with this wonderful product. Never have I experienced more clarity in a pair of IEMs. For someone who listens to alternative rock, pop, and an assorted array...
Simple but successful Mod on HE-400s - Page 4
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I wanted to use this one (http://turbulentlabs.com/grado-black-manta/), but I don't know how to do the mod. I don't think I should glue it, I think velcro is the best way...
Are you just wanting to use it as extra padding? or replacing the headband as a whole? Sorry If I miss understood. In my pictures you see the type of velcro I used. Its pretty basic. Just put pieces on both the pad and the headband on the headphone and attach the two. Not sure how much extra comfort that headband you posted would provide. It also seems pretty small. It may just be the picture though.
Also you will have to use the sticky adhesive on the velcro to attach the pieces, so there may be some sticky-ness if you remove the mod, but it can easily be wiped off.
( I have seen other mods for some headphones where people use string to attach extra padding, but looks kinda ghetto. There is also the option to stitch the padding into the headband, but that is more permanent, and takes a handy touch. ^_^
great DIY suggestion. For me personally, this specific mod w/ the HD600 headband cushion hasn't worked for me as the 4 bumps of foam actually increases the pressure points to specific regions on my head while the stock headband distributes the weight pretty evenly across the top of my head.
my own DIY attempt: the ghetto mod =P (Click to show)
picture of new personal DIY attempt: called ghetto mod using cut up memory foam packaging cushioning (1in thickness) + twist tie
- Simple but successful Mod on HE-400s
- › Best Over Ear or In Ear Headphones 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › iPhone 6 & 6 Plus Audio Quality 1 minute ago
- › Entry Level / Mid Fi iems with removable cables 2 minutes ago
- › FiiO X1, the new start of the high-res DAP with individual DAC and... 2 minutes ago
- › AK240 Balanced RSA cable 2 minutes ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW sfwalcer's earphone comparo PG 1727.... 2 minutes ago
- › Any good IEMs for around $250? 3 minutes ago
- › AKG K551 - BAD sound !! please help 3 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 3 minutes ago
- › Sony PHA-1 Headphone Amp by LeoTheAwesome
- › PENDULUMIC STANCE S1 Wireless Headphones by mpm2433
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by cleg
- › Shure SE215 by Dinerenblanc
- › Shure SE425 Earphone by Dinerenblanc
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Currawong
- › RHA T10i by Audiophile1811
- › Schiit Valhalla by Willy 2 Streams
- › Sennheiser HD-518 by quajaebisquiti
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by earfonia
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)