Recent Images In This Thread
- productHiFiMAN HE-400tagged by System, 2/28/13
Related Forum Threads
- anyone own the he400 and have returned the he400i Last post on Yesterday at 4:11 pm in Headphones (full-size)
- HE-560 VS Vmoda M100 Last post on Yesterday at 1:12 pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Worth experimenting with ZxR + O2+ODAC? Last post on 9/15/14 at 9:29am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Best $300 Headphones Last post on Today at 10:45 am in Headphones (full-size)
- Ideal set-up for classical under $450? (Beyerdynamic dt880 vs HiFiMan HE-400 Last post on 9/10/14 at 8:53am in Headphones (full-size)
This is my first DAP. I bought it in August with pre-installed 2.1 firmware and I have to say I am positively surprised how great this player sounds. I honestly can not compare it with other DAPs...
i just bought an Asus Vulcan pro gaming headset on a whim and I've gotta say I'm pleasantly surprised so I thought id share my experience. Now let me qualify this, I'm not saying they have the same...
Warm sound, good mid, great price Easy to drive compare with other studio headphone, there is shouldn't be too much complaint consider this headphone now only retail about $70 and sound really...
So the Pan Am from ALO Audio. This little guy is pretty dang impressive. An excellently-built, functioning desktop solution that is pretty easy on the eyes too! For the record, I've got the whole...
REVIEW: Brainwavz S5 Specifications: (from Brainwavz site) Driver: 10mm Dynamic Rated Impedance: 16 Ω Frequency Range: 18Hz - 24kHz Sensitivity: 110 dB @ 1 mW Cable: 1.3m,...
Simple but successful Mod on HE-400s - Page 4
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I wanted to use this one (http://turbulentlabs.com/grado-black-manta/), but I don't know how to do the mod. I don't think I should glue it, I think velcro is the best way...
Are you just wanting to use it as extra padding? or replacing the headband as a whole? Sorry If I miss understood. In my pictures you see the type of velcro I used. Its pretty basic. Just put pieces on both the pad and the headband on the headphone and attach the two. Not sure how much extra comfort that headband you posted would provide. It also seems pretty small. It may just be the picture though.
Also you will have to use the sticky adhesive on the velcro to attach the pieces, so there may be some sticky-ness if you remove the mod, but it can easily be wiped off.
( I have seen other mods for some headphones where people use string to attach extra padding, but looks kinda ghetto. There is also the option to stitch the padding into the headband, but that is more permanent, and takes a handy touch. ^_^
great DIY suggestion. For me personally, this specific mod w/ the HD600 headband cushion hasn't worked for me as the 4 bumps of foam actually increases the pressure points to specific regions on my head while the stock headband distributes the weight pretty evenly across the top of my head.
my own DIY attempt: the ghetto mod =P (Click to show)
picture of new personal DIY attempt: called ghetto mod using cut up memory foam packaging cushioning (1in thickness) + twist tie
- Simple but successful Mod on HE-400s
- › Looking for a short in an amp... 3 seconds ago
- › 1964 Ears (The Appreciation Thread) 31 seconds ago
- › Official Ipod Video / Classic 5g+5.5g+6g+6.5g+7g SSD Mod thread 2 minutes ago
- › Havi B3 Pro-1 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › I got kicked out of Stereo Exchange 3 minutes ago
- › FiiO E12 Headphone Amp, very good condition 4 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 6 minutes ago
- › Aurisonics ROCKETS: Appreciation Thread 6 minutes ago
- › The scientific merit of Pono 6 minutes ago
- › SoundMAGIC HP100/HP150 Review and Impressions Thread 7 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX90 Portable Digital Audio Player by marhol
- › ASUS Vulcan ANC Circumaural Pro Gaming Headset by robthebiggerman
- › AKG Acoustics K-240 Semi Open Studio Headphones by jerryg
- › ALO Audio The Pan Am by JoeDoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Zelda
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Kunlun
- › Violectric HPA V281 by saxelrod92
- › Yamaha EPH-100SL Inner-Ear Headphone by lumberjake
- › Schiit Audio Ragnarok by goldendarko
- › Ultimate Ears UE9000 Noise-Cancelling Wireless Headphones by SennsAsian
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)