Recent Images In This Thread
- productHiFiMAN HE-400tagged by System, 2/28/13
Related Forum Threads
- Open Headphones and Amp Advice Last post on Yesterday at 4:36 pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Recommendations for exciting open back headphones on a budget Last post on 8/12/14 at 4:09pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- DT770 vs DT880 vs M100 vs D600 vs Q40 vs HFI580 vs HE400 vs UE6000 Last post on 8/9/14 at 10:55am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Amp for Hifiman HE-400 Last post on 6/22/14 at 8:14am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Hifiman HE-400 with a PA2v2? Last post on 6/15/14 at 12:16am in Headphones (full-size)
I've owned the Sennheiser Momentum for about a year now. Though it is aesthetically pleasing, and very sturdy overall, I can honestly say that it isn't worth the $300. I enjoyed the mids, which...
Not quite a review but thought I'd quote my recent observations. Quote: Originally Posted by Rob80b Well the K712s showed up, just doing some preliminary comparison with my K701s with the...
First, a big thanks to Todd The Vinyl Junkie for making the 'e' series loaner program possible. To the next guy in line: sorry I kept them for so long. The very first pair of 'high-end'...
A big thanks to TekFusion for sending the TwinWoofer in for review and Ibrahim for taking the photo shots! TekFusion is a brand new fresh company based in India. Targeted for consumer...
I enjoy these headphones very much. A beautiful sound, clear and natural with a tight bass. I am a bit surprised such small cans can sounds so good. The wood finish might not suit everyone, but...
Simple but successful Mod on HE-400s - Page 4
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I wanted to use this one (http://turbulentlabs.com/grado-black-manta/), but I don't know how to do the mod. I don't think I should glue it, I think velcro is the best way...
Are you just wanting to use it as extra padding? or replacing the headband as a whole? Sorry If I miss understood. In my pictures you see the type of velcro I used. Its pretty basic. Just put pieces on both the pad and the headband on the headphone and attach the two. Not sure how much extra comfort that headband you posted would provide. It also seems pretty small. It may just be the picture though.
Also you will have to use the sticky adhesive on the velcro to attach the pieces, so there may be some sticky-ness if you remove the mod, but it can easily be wiped off.
( I have seen other mods for some headphones where people use string to attach extra padding, but looks kinda ghetto. There is also the option to stitch the padding into the headband, but that is more permanent, and takes a handy touch. ^_^
great DIY suggestion. For me personally, this specific mod w/ the HD600 headband cushion hasn't worked for me as the 4 bumps of foam actually increases the pressure points to specific regions on my head while the stock headband distributes the weight pretty evenly across the top of my head.
my own DIY attempt: the ghetto mod =P (Click to show)
picture of new personal DIY attempt: called ghetto mod using cut up memory foam packaging cushioning (1in thickness) + twist tie
- Simple but successful Mod on HE-400s
- › Chord Hugo 1 minute ago
- › Colorado 2014 Summer Meet 1 minute ago
- › Looking for reccomendation of a trusted user that can recable for me? 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 3 minutes ago
- › Dog-fi 4 minutes ago
- › Long awaited Smyth SVS Realiser NOW AVAILABLE FOR PURCHASE 4 minutes ago
- › The JPS Labs: Abyss AB-1266 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 558 Sound Questions + <$50 Sound Card 5 minutes ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 5 minutes ago
- › Light Harmonic GEEK 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum by MacroPower
- › AKG K712 Pro by Rob80b
- › Grado Labs SR225e by yage
- › Tekfusion Twinwoofers by BillsonChang007
- › ATH-ESW10JPN by bluelines
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M40x Professional Headphones by krishtrinity1
- › Baldoor EarBell E100 by subwoof3r
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by lin0003
- › FiiO Kilimanjaro 2 (E11K) Portable Headphone Amplifier by twister6
- › Audio Technica Sonic Fuel ATH-CKX9iS In-ear Headphones with In-line... by TheAfterEffect
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)