Recent Images In This Thread
- productHiFiMAN HE-400tagged by System, 2/28/13
Related Forum Threads
- anyone own the he400 and have returned the he400i Last post on 9/18/14 at 4:11pm in Headphones (full-size)
- HE-560 VS Vmoda M100 Last post on 9/18/14 at 1:12pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Worth experimenting with ZxR + O2+ODAC? Last post on 9/15/14 at 9:29am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Best $300 Headphones Last post on Today at 10:02 am in Headphones (full-size)
- Ideal set-up for classical under $450? (Beyerdynamic dt880 vs HiFiMan HE-400 Last post on 9/10/14 at 8:53am in Headphones (full-size)
Let's keep this short. There are better headphones out there without any cons. The Grado RS1i can get shouty at times or give a bit of weird bass. The comfort isn't great either although I changed...
First of all, I have bought these headphones exactly one week ago. I have upgraded to these from my Superlux 668b. I will do a review now, and update it after another couple of weeks worth...
I am from China and I'd like to say Chinese people are lucky enough to have the opportunity to reach most of device in the area of audio especially some brand only provided in China.So it made me...
The Theorem 720 is magical.. Using it is like stepping into a foreign land where everything is crisp, detailed, and so very vivid that you’ll never want to leave again for the boring, veiled,...
This is my first DAP. I bought it in August with pre-installed 2.1 firmware and I have to say I am positively surprised how great this player sounds. I honestly can not compare it with other DAPs...
Simple but successful Mod on HE-400s - Page 4
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I wanted to use this one (http://turbulentlabs.com/grado-black-manta/), but I don't know how to do the mod. I don't think I should glue it, I think velcro is the best way...
Are you just wanting to use it as extra padding? or replacing the headband as a whole? Sorry If I miss understood. In my pictures you see the type of velcro I used. Its pretty basic. Just put pieces on both the pad and the headband on the headphone and attach the two. Not sure how much extra comfort that headband you posted would provide. It also seems pretty small. It may just be the picture though.
Also you will have to use the sticky adhesive on the velcro to attach the pieces, so there may be some sticky-ness if you remove the mod, but it can easily be wiped off.
( I have seen other mods for some headphones where people use string to attach extra padding, but looks kinda ghetto. There is also the option to stitch the padding into the headband, but that is more permanent, and takes a handy touch. ^_^
great DIY suggestion. For me personally, this specific mod w/ the HD600 headband cushion hasn't worked for me as the 4 bumps of foam actually increases the pressure points to specific regions on my head while the stock headband distributes the weight pretty evenly across the top of my head.
my own DIY attempt: the ghetto mod =P (Click to show)
picture of new personal DIY attempt: called ghetto mod using cut up memory foam packaging cushioning (1in thickness) + twist tie
- Simple but successful Mod on HE-400s
- › Audio-gd NFB-29 (Single Ended Master Race lol) 8 seconds ago
- › Schiit Owners Unite 27 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 32 seconds ago
- › HIFIMAN EF100 Hybrid Amp announced 1 minute ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 1 minute ago
- › The HeadAmp GS-X and GS-X MK2 Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Official Ipod Video / Classic 5g+5.5g+6g+6.5g+7g SSD Mod thread 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 2 minutes ago
- › NAD VISO HP50 thread 2 minutes ago
- › Hifiman HE-4 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Grado RS1i Reference Series Headphones by Textfeud
- › Shure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphones by donniefalcone
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by lizhenghong728
- › Cypher Labs Theorem 720 DAC Headphone Amplifier by cripple1
- › iBasso DX90 Portable Digital Audio Player by marhol
- › ASUS Vulcan ANC Circumaural Pro Gaming Headset by robthebiggerman
- › AKG Acoustics K-240 Semi Open Studio Headphones by jerryg
- › ALO Audio The Pan Am by JoeDoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Zelda
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Kunlun
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)