Recent Images In This Thread
- productHiFiMAN HE-400tagged by System, 2/28/13
Related Forum Threads
- Open Headphones and Amp Advice Last post on 8/20/14 at 4:36pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Recommendations for exciting open back headphones on a budget Last post on 8/12/14 at 4:09pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- DT770 vs DT880 vs M100 vs D600 vs Q40 vs HFI580 vs HE400 vs UE6000 Last post on 8/9/14 at 10:55am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Amp for Hifiman HE-400 Last post on 6/22/14 at 8:14am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Hifiman HE-400 with a PA2v2? Last post on 6/15/14 at 12:16am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: Yesterday
I’d like to thank John Seaber and the folks at JDS Labs for the C5D loaner unit. Accessories The C5D ships with a 1.5 foot USB mini-B cable, a set of four rubber stick-on feet and an...
This is a review of the upcoming FiiO X1 digital audio player (DAP). Until my first experience with X5, a little over half a year ago, I used to refer to all dedicated audio players as "mp3"...
It's annoying because I didn't read the manual so I naturally fitted the SE215's wrong, and then looked at videos and found the right fit. The SE215 lack bass with the foam tips, so I put on the...
Before I get started, I’d like to thank the team at Audiofly and Billy from Noisy Motel for making this tour possible. I know that the AF140s have received some criticism so far which is always a...
Disclaimer: I received my R3s for free under the condition I would write a review for them. Purchase price reflects their going rate on a popular online retailer at the time of the review. The...
Simple but successful Mod on HE-400s - Page 4
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I wanted to use this one (http://turbulentlabs.com/grado-black-manta/), but I don't know how to do the mod. I don't think I should glue it, I think velcro is the best way...
Are you just wanting to use it as extra padding? or replacing the headband as a whole? Sorry If I miss understood. In my pictures you see the type of velcro I used. Its pretty basic. Just put pieces on both the pad and the headband on the headphone and attach the two. Not sure how much extra comfort that headband you posted would provide. It also seems pretty small. It may just be the picture though.
Also you will have to use the sticky adhesive on the velcro to attach the pieces, so there may be some sticky-ness if you remove the mod, but it can easily be wiped off.
( I have seen other mods for some headphones where people use string to attach extra padding, but looks kinda ghetto. There is also the option to stitch the padding into the headband, but that is more permanent, and takes a handy touch. ^_^
great DIY suggestion. For me personally, this specific mod w/ the HD600 headband cushion hasn't worked for me as the 4 bumps of foam actually increases the pressure points to specific regions on my head while the stock headband distributes the weight pretty evenly across the top of my head.
my own DIY attempt: the ghetto mod =P (Click to show)
picture of new personal DIY attempt: called ghetto mod using cut up memory foam packaging cushioning (1in thickness) + twist tie
- Simple but successful Mod on HE-400s
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 25 seconds ago
- › Beats Solo HD vs. Beats Mixr? 34 seconds ago
- › = Hifiman Regrilling Mod = 1 minute ago
- › THE best female vocals? (your favorite female singers) 1 minute ago
- › Multi-Custom In-Ear Monitor Review, Resource, Mfg List & Discussion... 1 minute ago
- › FiiO X1, the first high-res DAP for the young ! 2 minutes ago
- › best headphone in the world? 2 minutes ago
- › Leckerton UHA-4 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Why the Beats Hate? 3 minutes ago
- › JDS Labs C5D by TheGame21x
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by twister6
- › Shure SE215 by Existence
- › Audiofly AF140 In-Ear Headphones (Gray) by Loquah
- › Brainwavz R3 Dual Dynamic Driver Earphones by hans030390
- › Beats Solo 2.0 On-Ear Headphones (Red) by cb3723
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Closed Studio Headphones - 250 Ohms by MacroPower
- › Denon Urban Raver In-Ear Headphones, Blue (AH-C100BU) by MrTechAgent
- › Audio Technica ATH-CKN50 by bharathss
- › Audio Technica W5000 by CJ09
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)