Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › DIY (Do-It-Yourself) Discussions › Simple but successful Mod on HE-400s
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Simple but successful Mod on HE-400s - Page 3

post #31 of 51
Do you think they will fit in a similar manner? I'm unsure about the differences between the headbands of the 600/650. The 600 is segmented so it looks easily flexible whereas the 650s pad is more of a pre-moulded shape. But I'd prefer to use the 650s' in theory since it looks like it would add less bulk.
post #32 of 51
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcpk View Post

Do you think they will fit in a similar manner? I'm unsure about the differences between the headbands of the 600/650. The 600 is segmented so it looks easily flexible whereas the 650s pad is more of a pre-moulded shape. But I'd prefer to use the 650s' in theory since it looks like it would add less bulk.

It's hard to say as I have not seen or used the 650 pads before. I'm sure they do a good amount of  bending, but I am not sure of how the velcro would react being stretched with the 650 pad. Should be fine unless you have a HUGE head ^_^

post #33 of 51

Looks awesome too! Great job!

post #34 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCxSmacker View Post

Well you can order the parts right from sennheiser. If you send an email to someone they may personally help you. Sennheiser has always had damn good service. I think http://www.custom-cable.co.uk/sennheiser-foam-headband-pad-for-hd600-hd580.html May ship to you if sennheiser does not ship to you. 

 

hope that helped,

 

cheers


Thank you so much for sharing all this info. I'm in Canada as well and couldn't find cushioning that could ship here.

 

I'm using the hd580/hd600 headband cushion to mod two pair of ATH M50s that I bought for my girlfriend and myself. Were these headphones made for giants?!? The smallest setting barely fits me and is way too large for her.

 

Thanks again.

post #35 of 51
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by nastradamus87 View Post


Thank you so much for sharing all this info. I'm in Canada as well and couldn't find cushioning that could ship here.

 

I'm using the hd580/hd600 headband cushion to mod two pair of ATH M50s that I bought for my girlfriend and myself. Were these headphones made for giants?!? The smallest setting barely fits me and is way too large for her.

 

Thanks again.

Hey no problem! I usually have the opposite problem as I have a larger head. My girlfriend does have a small head so she always has to use the smallest size on headphones so I do feel for you. She is using the m50s now and they just barely fit her. 

 

cheers

post #36 of 51

I did this mod, but it actually made the he400s much less comfortabel for me! 

 

The stock version of the headband is plenty comfortable for me, its width spreads the weight very evenly on my skull.

By doing the mod it seemed like there wasn't enough room somehow, and it was quite uncomfortable for me.

 

My skull is pretty flat on top, so I guess that must be why I like the stock version of the headband better.

 

I am part asian, so maybe these headphones were only tested on asian people?

post #37 of 51
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marleybob217 View Post

I did this mod, but it actually made the he400s much less comfortabel for me! 

 

The stock version of the headband is plenty comfortable for me, its width spreads the weight very evenly on my skull.

By doing the mod it seemed like there wasn't enough room somehow, and it was quite uncomfortable for me.

 

My skull is pretty flat on top, so I guess that must be why I like the stock version of the headband better.

 

I am part asian, so maybe these headphones were only tested on asian people?

Damn dude that sucks that you had to blow money on it. Glade they are comfy already for you though. It was made in china so maybe your are right. They could have been tested my them as comfy but for some other people they just dont fit. Then again I dont know the usual shape of different cultures. lol. Sorry I'm a bit tispy right meow. 

post #38 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCxSmacker View Post

Damn dude that sucks that you had to blow money on it. Glade they are comfy already for you though. It was made in china so maybe your are right. They could have been tested my them as comfy but for some other people they just dont fit. Then again I dont know the usual shape of different cultures. lol. Sorry I'm a bit tispy right meow. 

Well the cushioning wasn't expensive at all. And I'm sure I'll find another purpose for it someday!

 

And I really do thing the stock headband is comfortable, it's plenty cushiony for me! But yeah that's probably due to my flat on top skull.

Nice headphone collection btw, do you think the toxic cable improves SQ for the HE-400?

post #39 of 51
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marleybob217 View Post

Well the cushioning wasn't expensive at all. And I'm sure I'll find another purpose for it someday!

 

And I really do thing the stock headband is comfortable, it's plenty cushiony for me! But yeah that's probably due to my flat on top skull.

Nice headphone collection btw, do you think the toxic cable improves SQ for the HE-400?

I would say for me that yes they did change a bit. I had my GF switch the wires a few times with me blindfolded so I could do a blind sound test. Lover all I think the bass was tightened up a bit, and everything just had a bit more detail around the board. Also I would say the soundstage was slightly improved too. For the price the toxic cable was a great purchase IMO. It also looks sexy ^_^.

 

edit: when doing this mod I did not have the cable so its not the one displayed. The cable took a little time to get made and get here so I have only had it for a week. 

 

cheers

post #40 of 51

I am a big cable sceptic, I would love to do a blind test sometime. How much did you pay for them? I've seen them go for around 85 GBPs which is indeed fairly cheap compared to other twisted cables. 

 

Then again if they were any bit more expensive you might as well buy the HE-500!

 

They surely look awesome, and I love my HE-400s so much that I might even buy them at some point. 

Even if it's just for the looks!

post #41 of 51

The clamps hurt me way more than the upper comforter.

post #42 of 51
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by cssarrow View Post

The clamps hurt me way more than the upper comforter.

Yea I am pretty used to most clamping, but I can see what you mean. 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marleybob217 View Post

I am a big cable sceptic, I would love to do a blind test sometime. How much did you pay for them? I've seen them go for around 85 GBPs which is indeed fairly cheap compared to other twisted cables. 

 

Then again if they were any bit more expensive you might as well buy the HE-500!

 

They surely look awesome, and I love my HE-400s so much that I might even buy them at some point. 

Even if it's just for the looks!

http://toxic-cables.co.uk/index.php?route=product/product&path=59_62&product_id=83

 

That's the cable i ordered. Its about 100 bucks USD. I like the sound of the he-400 sound signature better then that of the he-500, but yea I guess I could have ^_^.

post #43 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCxSmacker View Post

Yea I am pretty used to most clamping, but I can see what you mean. 

 

http://toxic-cables.co.uk/index.php?route=product/product&path=59_62&product_id=83

 

That's the cable i ordered. Its about 100 bucks USD. I like the sound of the he-400 sound signature better then that of the he-500, but yea I guess I could have ^_^.

That is gorgeous indeed. I've asked my local reseller if he is planning to sell these cables. And if I can listen to them!

 

Yes, you heard that right, I have a hifi shop that sells hifiman headphones right in my street in the Netherlands!

post #44 of 51
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marleybob217 View Post

That is gorgeous indeed. I've asked my local reseller if he is planning to sell these cables. And if I can listen to them!

 

Yes, you heard that right, I have a hifi shop that sells hifiman headphones right in my street in the Netherlands!

That's wicked! I'm in a small college town so everything I buy is online without testing first. So far no regrets though ^_^! Like I said the guy over at toxic takes a bit to get it done.(because he is the only one who makes them I believe) But it is totally worth the wait for me. It would be great if the reseller could get one or two in just for his testing headphones. I feel they really help them sound their best, even if it is by a slight bit. 

 

cheers!

post #45 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by kchapdaily View Post

hmm i have the opposite problem as you smacker. my head is kind of small. at first it felt like the earcups sat a little low in relation to my ears, even in the highest/smallest position. ive gotten used to it, but i might have to consider this as a nice solution. 

i recently received my he-400s from head-direct and i'm in love...

in preperation, i got plenty of extra earpads and the senn headband just in case. i have an enormous head, really, and i have the cups almost as low as they go. they simply won't fit with the extra padding, which really doesn't matter as i find them pretty damn comfortable as they are, even with the considerable weight. but it would probably be perfect for anyone trying to get the cups about 1/4"-1/2" higher without bending the $#!+ out of their headband.

also, did i mention i love these things? oh no, i've become a fanboi...

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › DIY (Do-It-Yourself) Discussions › Simple but successful Mod on HE-400s