Please leave suggestions thanks.
- productDarkvoice la figaro 339tagged by System, 11/19/12
- productHiFiMAN HE-500tagged by System, 11/19/12
- productHRT Music Streamer II + (Plus) High Resolution USB D/A Convertertagged by System, 11/19/12
- productSchiit Audio Bifrost DACtagged by System, 11/19/12
- productSchiit Lyrtagged by System, 11/19/12
Related Forum Threads
- Audeze LCD 2 or Hifiman HE-500 Last post on 10/28/13 at 4:00am in Headphones (full-size)
- Can i expect a significant difference? Last post on 8/18/13 at 1:49pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Cost efficient but not underpowered amp for HE-500 Last post on 12/31/12 at 9:13pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Headphone + AMP and DAC for Metal and Electronic Last post on 12/1/12 at 7:10am in Headphones (full-size)
- Amp/DAC Recommendation for: HE-500, HD 650, and Beyer DT 880 600Ohm Last post on 12/4/12 at 1:38pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Sennheiser US for providing me with a review sample in exchange for my honest opinion. While waiting to receive my review unit of recently...
What's In The Box? The cardboard box itself is a cute little deal, with the Noble logo and the Wizard's signature. On the top left, the model and serial number are handwritten (apparently I'm the...
SUPERLUX HD 669 Review & comparison with HD 681-EVO. Take what I say with a grain of salt, I have not experienced many headphones and I've only had the 669 for a fairly brief amount of time....
Have been listening to my new iCAN Micro for couple weeks now. Before that I use the headphone output directly out of my iDSD Micro. First of all i just want to say that iDSD Micro is great....
A little background before I start. I'm 16 years old and I slowly began to become addicted to fine, audiophile-quality headphones. I remember the first time I heard beats at an apple store. I...
Best DAC/Amp Combo for He-500?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
The Schiit Lyr + Bifrost is supposed to be an amazing combo with HE-500 but if it has to bee one piece. I would look into the Glow Audio One. The 2013 model is just about to come out and can be had for a bit less than 800 if ordered before the 10th of nov. Otherwise it will go up not sure how much. Have not been able to find any reviews with it paired to the he-500 but you might be able to find something + its absolutely beautiful
o,O I wish that i had this amount, my choice journey would be much easier and my choice then is Schiit Schiit Mjolnir amp+HRT music stream Pro+a ballance cable(i did not any research abt this sort of item now though)
Ran the HE-500s off HA-160D, HPA V200, and La Figaro 339.
Clear winner is La Figaro 339 for me (Paired with HRT MSII+). Tubes used are Tung-Sol 5998 and RCA 5693 (red input tubes).
If you get the MSII+ secondhand, and buy the tubes from vacuumtubes.com, total price should land you around the ~$1000 mark (Given you're located in the U.S.) If you're in Europe, it's likely cheaper.
It's truly a match made in heaven, that is versatile enough to play every genre of music, and play it with flying colors too.
- Best DAC/Amp Combo for He-500?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 11 seconds ago
- › Help with Rock & Gaming Open Headphones. HD 600, DT 990 pro, AKG... 35 seconds ago
- › You Know You're an Audiophile When.. Version 2! 59 seconds ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 1 minute ago
- › Philips SHP9500 Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › NEW Schiit Lyr 2: Impressions 2 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 2 minutes ago
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 2 minutes ago
- › Back-Electret/STAX 3 minutes ago
- › Astell & Kern AK120 impression thread 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum Wireless Over Ear Headphones in Black M2AEBT by twister6
- › Noble 4 by Kuroneko Guy
- › Superlux HD669 by Philliphobia
- › iFi iCAN headphone amplifier by blankdisc
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by JohnPham
- › Chord&Major Major6'13 "Ballad" by kalbee
- › Audio Technica ATH-M2X Mid-size open-back headphones by ahnvx
- › xDuoo X2 by getclikinagas
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 by De1taE1even
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM by De1taE1even
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2