Please leave suggestions thanks.
- productDarkvoice la figaro 339tagged by System, 11/19/12
- productHiFiMAN HE-500tagged by System, 11/19/12
- productHRT Music Streamer II + (Plus) High Resolution USB D/A Convertertagged by System, 11/19/12
- productSchiit Audio Bifrost DACtagged by System, 11/19/12
- productSchiit Lyrtagged by System, 11/19/12
Related Forum Threads
- Audeze LCD 2 or Hifiman HE-500 Last post on 10/28/13 at 4:00am in Headphones (full-size)
- Can i expect a significant difference? Last post on 8/18/13 at 1:49pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Cost efficient but not underpowered amp for HE-500 Last post on 12/31/12 at 9:13pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Headphone + AMP and DAC for Metal and Electronic Last post on 12/1/12 at 7:10am in Headphones (full-size)
- Amp/DAC Recommendation for: HE-500, HD 650, and Beyer DT 880 600Ohm Last post on 12/4/12 at 1:38pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 1/22/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/20/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...Last edited: 8/2/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 7/26/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
Hi When i brought these i hoped that they would sound amazing. But when i tried these i noticed that there was no bass at all. I'm a bass head. Now i brought the ferrari by logic3 T150. They...
Been looking for some new closed headphones, with only three at the moment and for some time in fact. Good ones, though: Sony MDR Z1000, Sony MDR 7520, and Senn Amperiors, Sometimes you just...
There are many great headphones in this SUB-$150 category , I have a good amount of headphones in the range and have tried a good enough of them to know what to expect in this category The...
(Note - XL ear pads are installed. The sound will be judged based on that.) Introduction: I purchased these headphones mainly out of curiosity. I was reading reviews and watching youtubers...
Accessories: Includes a pouch and cable. Pouch is well-built, compact, and stylish. Soft, flexible cable has never tangled for me in my time with it. Right angled jack is durable and well-relieved....
Best DAC/Amp Combo for He-500?post #1 of 911/8/12 at 5:06pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 911/8/12 at 5:08pmpost #3 of 911/8/12 at 5:11pmThread Starterpost #4 of 911/8/12 at 5:16pmpost #5 of 911/8/12 at 5:28pmThread Starterpost #6 of 911/8/12 at 7:36pm
The Schiit Lyr + Bifrost is supposed to be an amazing combo with HE-500 but if it has to bee one piece. I would look into the Glow Audio One. The 2013 model is just about to come out and can be had for a bit less than 800 if ordered before the 10th of nov. Otherwise it will go up not sure how much. Have not been able to find any reviews with it paired to the he-500 but you might be able to find something + its absolutely beautifulpost #7 of 911/8/12 at 10:29pm
o,O I wish that i had this amount, my choice journey would be much easier and my choice then is Schiit Schiit Mjolnir amp+HRT music stream Pro+a ballance cable(i did not any research abt this sort of item now though)post #8 of 911/9/12 at 10:37ampost #9 of 911/9/12 at 10:44am
Ran the HE-500s off HA-160D, HPA V200, and La Figaro 339.
Clear winner is La Figaro 339 for me (Paired with HRT MSII+). Tubes used are Tung-Sol 5998 and RCA 5693 (red input tubes).
If you get the MSII+ secondhand, and buy the tubes from vacuumtubes.com, total price should land you around the ~$1000 mark (Given you're located in the U.S.) If you're in Europe, it's likely cheaper.
It's truly a match made in heaven, that is versatile enough to play every genre of music, and play it with flying colors too.
- Best DAC/Amp Combo for He-500?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › Trade my UM Miracle for... 1 minute ago
- › Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old... 1 minute ago
- › Toxic Cables - The Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › THE best female vocals? (your favorite female singers) 2 minutes ago
- › DIY Cable Questions and Comments Thread 2 minutes ago
- › [TOUR] T-PEOS H-300 - 3 Way Hybrid - Australian Tour Thread -... 3 minutes ago
- › AKG 545 vs Sennheiser Momentum vs Sony MDR 1R 3 minutes ago
- › Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model 3 minutes ago
- › The New iRiver AK100: A High-End DAP 4 minutes ago
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 IEM 4 minutes ago
- › Klipsch Image S3 Nosie-Isolating Earphones with Patented Oval Ear-Tips by Arno Berck
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by zazex
- › Ultrasone HFI-450 by MrTechAgent
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-100 by zach8278
- › Ultimate Ears UE4000 Headphones by gopats1479
- › NoiseHush NX85 Stereo 3.5mm Headset with Mic - Retail Packaging -... by Mathewsa
- › LHLabs Geek Out by bhazard
- › Monster Inspiration by betterthan1122
- › Meridian Explorer by zolkis
- › Beyerdynamic T51P Tesla Headphone - Silver by twister6
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude