Please leave suggestions thanks.
Related Forum Threads
- Audeze LCD 2 or Hifiman HE-500 Last post on 12/8/12 at 2:05pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Cost efficient but not underpowered amp for HE-500 Last post on 12/31/12 at 9:13pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Headphone + AMP and DAC for Metal and Electronic Last post on 12/1/12 at 7:10am in Headphones (full-size)
- Amp/DAC Recommendation for: HE-500, HD 650, and Beyer DT 880 600Ohm Last post on 12/4/12 at 1:38pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Hifiman HE-500 or Sennheiser HD 650 Last post on 3/27/13 at 6:41am in Headphones (full-size)
2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio)
Edited on 5/14/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Summit-Fi)Edited on 12/28/12
Introduction I’m a basshead. I say that loudly and proudly, even though some folks believe basshead and audiophile are mutually exclusive. Obviously, I’m not in that camp. But sometimes, I...
I read reviews on this and I said let me try this out, for $10 I couldn't lose. This surpassed all of expectations for a $10 IEM. I am going to purchase a set for my wife, she was also blown...
Fanmusic is a distributor and a brand of Chinese audio-equipment which also has an eBay store. I was contacted by Tony, their manager a while ago and he informed me that they were working...
Very nice amp for mid-fiers to entry high-fiers. The sound quality and specs are very good for the price. Works very well with Jazz and Classical music in particular (not that rock and...
My pair was a supposed demo model from one of Hifiman's retailers. They came in mint condition, which is lucky for me. I'm not using a balanced cable yet, but I already feel it's a good upgrade...
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Summit-Fi)
Best DAC/Amp Combo for He-500?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
The Schiit Lyr + Bifrost is supposed to be an amazing combo with HE-500 but if it has to bee one piece. I would look into the Glow Audio One. The 2013 model is just about to come out and can be had for a bit less than 800 if ordered before the 10th of nov. Otherwise it will go up not sure how much. Have not been able to find any reviews with it paired to the he-500 but you might be able to find something + its absolutely beautiful
o,O I wish that i had this amount, my choice journey would be much easier and my choice then is Schiit Schiit Mjolnir amp+HRT music stream Pro+a ballance cable(i did not any research abt this sort of item now though)
Ran the HE-500s off HA-160D, HPA V200, and La Figaro 339.
Clear winner is La Figaro 339 for me (Paired with HRT MSII+). Tubes used are Tung-Sol 5998 and RCA 5693 (red input tubes).
If you get the MSII+ secondhand, and buy the tubes from vacuumtubes.com, total price should land you around the ~$1000 mark (Given you're located in the U.S.) If you're in Europe, it's likely cheaper.
It's truly a match made in heaven, that is versatile enough to play every genre of music, and play it with flying colors too.
- Best DAC/Amp Combo for He-500?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Anyone else getting distortion in FXZ 200? 1 second ago
- › Android-fi! 1 minute ago
- › DX50 a new smaller DAP coming from iBasso. . .Specifications page... 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser IE800 5 minutes ago
- › Do passive speakers + integrated amp have less hiss than active... 6 minutes ago
- › Reccomendations please 7 minutes ago
- › Heir Audio - The Appreciation Thread 7 minutes ago
- › The Stax thread (New) 8 minutes ago
- › Fiio X3 Thread. Full review:... 9 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 9 minutes ago
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH PRO700 mk2 by TheGame21x
- › Monoprice 8320 IEM by Taharqa
- › Fanmusic MS-E1011 by ItsMeHere
- › Audio-gd NFB-5 by citadel
- › HE-5LE by JamesHuntington
- › Kozee Sound Solutions Infinity X2 by Insight Reviews
- › JVC HA M750 by tinamou62
- › Aurisonics ASG-2 by eke2k6
- › Sennheiser HD-558 by Tr1ckster
- › Go-Dap DD Socket1 (DD/DA Converter) for iPhone & iPod... by AnakChan
- › Syncing music and making playlists work with... by Currawong
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe