Please leave suggestions thanks.
- productDarkvoice la figaro 339tagged by System, 11/19/12
- productHiFiMAN HE-500tagged by System, 11/19/12
- productHRT Music Streamer II + (Plus) High Resolution USB D/A Convertertagged by System, 11/19/12
- productSchiit Audio Bifrost DACtagged by System, 11/19/12
- productSchiit Lyrtagged by System, 11/19/12
Related Forum Threads
- Audeze LCD 2 or Hifiman HE-500 Last post on 10/28/13 at 4:00am in Headphones (full-size)
- Can i expect a significant difference? Last post on 8/18/13 at 1:49pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Cost efficient but not underpowered amp for HE-500 Last post on 12/31/12 at 9:13pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Headphone + AMP and DAC for Metal and Electronic Last post on 12/1/12 at 7:10am in Headphones (full-size)
- Amp/DAC Recommendation for: HE-500, HD 650, and Beyer DT 880 600Ohm Last post on 12/4/12 at 1:38pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Best DAC/Amp Combo for He-500?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
The Schiit Lyr + Bifrost is supposed to be an amazing combo with HE-500 but if it has to bee one piece. I would look into the Glow Audio One. The 2013 model is just about to come out and can be had for a bit less than 800 if ordered before the 10th of nov. Otherwise it will go up not sure how much. Have not been able to find any reviews with it paired to the he-500 but you might be able to find something + its absolutely beautiful
o,O I wish that i had this amount, my choice journey would be much easier and my choice then is Schiit Schiit Mjolnir amp+HRT music stream Pro+a ballance cable(i did not any research abt this sort of item now though)
Ran the HE-500s off HA-160D, HPA V200, and La Figaro 339.
Clear winner is La Figaro 339 for me (Paired with HRT MSII+). Tubes used are Tung-Sol 5998 and RCA 5693 (red input tubes).
If you get the MSII+ secondhand, and buy the tubes from vacuumtubes.com, total price should land you around the ~$1000 mark (Given you're located in the U.S.) If you're in Europe, it's likely cheaper.
It's truly a match made in heaven, that is versatile enough to play every genre of music, and play it with flying colors too.
- Best DAC/Amp Combo for He-500?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › The Nameless Guide To PC Gaming Audio (with binaural headphone... 13 seconds ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 14 seconds ago
- › 65watt amp + Max 18watt speakers OK? 31 seconds ago
- › DGS100 Appreciation thread. The game changing budget-fi two-way... 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD800 in good condition. 1 minute ago
- › GUSTARD H10 High-current Discrete Class A output Stage Headphone... 1 minute ago
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › ROCK JAW Testers 3 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 7/9/2014:... 4 minutes ago
- › FiiO X1, the new start of the high-res DAP with individual DAC and... 4 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphones by 12cc2
- › VSONIC VSD3S Black High Fidelity Professional Quality Stereo... by Tom22
- › AKG K 550 by QBoQBo
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by smellyfungus
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by hans030390
- › Fostex TH 900 by archeryc
- › Garage1217 Project Polaris by Asr
- › Bose QuietComfort 20i Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphones by dbdchc
- › Rega RP3 by Nhubley
- › Woo Audio 2 by Nhubley
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)