Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Comply tips vs. Monster SuperTips (IEM Tips)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Comply tips vs. Monster SuperTips (IEM Tips)

post #1 of 13
Thread Starter 

Hey guys, I was just wondering if anybody has used either Comply (I'm sure 99% of you have) or Monster SuperTips or better yet, both. I've used foam Comply's and I was just wondering if the SuperTips would offer better sound quality and seal. 

post #2 of 13

I hate Comply buds, I would recommend the Monster super tips

post #3 of 13
Thread Starter 

Do they stay in while working out/running?

post #4 of 13

My Comply's didn't but for others they fit perfectly.

post #5 of 13

I use the Comply TX series with my Klipsch Image S4 IEM's. So far, I really like them and they seem to be holding up well.

Sorry, but no experience with the SuperTips.

post #6 of 13

The Monster foam supertips last much longer since they're coated in some sort of vinyl/rubber. I've had the same pair of foam supertips on my TF10 for about a year and they don't show much wear. Complys were good for 2-3 months a pair.

 

However, Comply tips will give you a better seal if you have fit issues with the relatively short and squat supertips.

post #7 of 13
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve2151 View Post

The Monster foam supertips last much longer since they're coated in some sort of vinyl/rubber. I've had the same pair of foam supertips on my TF10 for about a year and they don't show much wear. Complys were good for 2-3 months a pair.

 

However, Comply tips will give you a better seal if you have fit issues with the relatively short and squat supertips.

Assuming I get a similar seal with both, how do they stack up when it comes to sound? I don't really mind spending the extra money if I'm getting the better sounding of the two.

post #8 of 13

For me the monster ones will not stay in at all. Comply work so much better for me but do not last long.
 

post #9 of 13

i haven't tried the comply but the monster are rubbish, cant get a good fit and they dont isolate at all

post #10 of 13
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by PakoBoy View Post

i haven't tried the comply but the monster are rubbish, cant get a good fit and they dont isolate at all

Gotta say, I kinda expected they wouldn't be worth the price being Monster. But I didn't want to make the wrong decision based on a poor assumption. Thanks.

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bakkasan View Post

For me the monster ones will not stay in at all. Comply work so much better for me but do not last long.
 

    What happens to them? Do they get dirty or break or lose the seal or something?

post #11 of 13

are comply tips any good, comparing to free tips that came stock with high end IEM? why is it necessary to purchase another set of tips, when you can use the ones came with the IEM?
 

post #12 of 13
The gel Supertips are my favorites with my TF10s. They have the best sound and fit I've found yet. Comfortable, quick & good seal - and as mentioned above very durable. The Comply muffled the sound, whereas the ST seem transparent. The stiffer foam ST version never sealed well for me.

If you try the ST wipe/wash them off well first as they are rather slippery out of the package. It's as if the manufacturing process uses a release coating in the molds that remains on the tips.
post #13 of 13

What made these sleeves so special, they sound better than the ones offered by Shure and other companies?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Comply tips vs. Monster SuperTips (IEM Tips)