For 300 I would buy HD 598. They work without an amp and with a good burn in and a later amp down the line they will sound even better.
- productAKG K 550tagged by System, 11/11/12
- productAKG K701 Studio Headphonestagged by System, 11/11/12
- productAKG Q701 Premium Class Reference Headphones, Quincy Jones Signature Linetagged by System, 11/11/12
- productAudio-Technica ATH-AD900tagged by System, 11/11/12
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 11/11/12
- productBeyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 OHM Semi-open reference headphonetagged by System, 11/11/12
- productDenon AHD2000 High Performance Over-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 11/11/12
- productFiiO E10tagged by System, 11/11/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 11/11/12
- productHiFiMAN HE-300tagged by System, 11/11/12More
- productHiFiMAN HE-400tagged by System, 11/11/12
- productMrSpeakers Mad Dog (T50RP Mod)tagged by System, 11/11/12
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by System, 11/11/12
- productSoundmagic HP200tagged by System, 11/11/12
- productUltrasone HFI-2400tagged by System, 11/11/12
- productV-MODA Crossfade M-100tagged by System, 11/11/12
Related Forum Threads
- Best mids over-the-ear open headphone for less than USD 300? Last post on 12/8/12 at 8:32am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphones for me? Last post on 10/9/12 at 11:17am in Headphones (full-size)
- University Cans - $450 Last post on 9/24/12 at 3:35am in Headphones (full-size)
- Replacement for Grado SR325is? Last post on 1/7/13 at 9:08pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best open headphones under $300 Last post on 2/17/13 at 6:10pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 1/18/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
HIFIMAN SuperMini review Oct 2016 INTRO Just some background on me with previous experience of daps and why I’ve arrived here at this point in time. ...In a Hi-Fi...
First of all, above any other factor, these are just SO COMFORTABLE!! There are very expensive headphones I used that sound really good but feel like someone is trying to crush my head. These have...
I think it is more of a smartphone gadget, than audiophiles device. It has the potential to save battery power when listening with portable devices. My subjective review of the sound: A little...
Introduction Simgot is a new name in Asian audio that is getting some attention with their new EN700 model. Supposedly, some that were involved in tuning the Ostry IEMs have tuned this one, so...
Have had these for a loooong time. Now that I've got older ears, I don't really hear the beautiful crystal-like treble anymore, but I'm sure it's still there. :)
Best headphones under $300? - Page 4post #46 of 505/20/13 at 5:56pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #47 of 503/5/14 at 12:41pmPhilips x1, I've heard nothing but good things about them, they are around $200. Use the hundred dollars in savings to get a decent portable headphone amp. Fiio has some great bang for your buck amps.post #48 of 506/9/14 at 7:46pm
A used pair of Sennheiser HD600 selling for under $300.00. They're out there & better than most "new" HPs for the same price. Neutral, linear, all 'round quality sound guaranteed !
Edited by BobG55 - 6/9/14 at 8:11pmpost #49 of 506/10/14 at 3:01am
I second the AD2000, or an AD900.
Why switch headphone manufacturers? You might end up buying some **** you don't like and have to get a amp too that you don't need.
Edited by dreamwhisper - 6/10/14 at 3:07ampost #50 of 507/22/14 at 4:22pm
The phillip's X1 is a good headphone especially for the price, although they
dont offer the detail and flat-esque response that the mad dogs offer.
+1 on the hd 600
Im getting a pair soon myself
When paired with a good amp i believe they beat anything else mentioned thus far
the lyr is a fantastic amp for them
- Best headphones under $300?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › IBasso Audio IT03 9 seconds ago
- › Bowers&Wilkins new flagship the P9! 1 minute ago
- › Rhapsodio thread 2 minutes ago
- › Samsung Galaxy S7 - Best next audiophile phone? 3 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 5 minutes ago
- › [Reviewers Wanted] World Tour for Cayin i5 - Android based AK4490... 7 minutes ago
- › FLC Technology FLC8 and FLC8s Impressions Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Why do we pay $300 for headphones that cost $30 to manufacture? 7 minutes ago
- › DIY: Emotiva mini-X a-100 Headphone Amp Mod Guide 7 minutes ago
- › Campfire Audio Vega (and Dorado and Lyra II) - Head-Fi TV 7 minutes ago
- › HIFIMAN SuperMini High-Res Portable Player by FortisFlyer75
- › Sony MDR-1A Premium Hi-Res Stereo Headphones by Peter Zhang
- › FiiO A1 Micro Headphone Amplifier by Headzone
- › SIMGOT EN700 In Ear Dynamic Earphone 24Ω Original ... by bhazard
- › Sony MDR-CD2000 CD Series Headphones by leroik
- › iFi Pro iCAN by ostewart
- › Sennheiser HD 590 Headphones by aafanatic
- › HiFiMAN Megamini by glassmonkey
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by suman134
- › Burson Audio Supreme Sound Opamp V5i by ph0n6
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...