For 300 I would buy HD 598. They work without an amp and with a good burn in and a later amp down the line they will sound even better.
- productAKG K 550tagged by System, 11/11/12
- productAKG K701 Studio Headphonestagged by System, 11/11/12
- productAKG Q701 Premium Class Reference Headphones, Quincy Jones Signature Linetagged by System, 11/11/12
- productAudio-Technica ATH-AD900tagged by System, 11/11/12
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 11/11/12
- productBeyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 OHM Semi-open reference headphonetagged by System, 11/11/12
- productDenon AHD2000 High Performance Over-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 11/11/12
- productFiiO E10tagged by System, 11/11/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 11/11/12
- productHiFiMAN HE-300tagged by System, 11/11/12More
- productHiFiMAN HE-400tagged by System, 11/11/12
- productMrSpeakers Mad Dog (T50RP Mod)tagged by System, 11/11/12
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by System, 11/11/12
- productSoundmagic HP200tagged by System, 11/11/12
- productUltrasone HFI-2400tagged by System, 11/11/12
- productV-MODA Crossfade M-100tagged by System, 11/11/12
Related Forum Threads
- Best mids over-the-ear open headphone for less than USD 300? Last post on 12/8/12 at 8:32am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphones for me? Last post on 10/9/12 at 11:17am in Headphones (full-size)
- University Cans - $450 Last post on 9/24/12 at 3:35am in Headphones (full-size)
- Replacement for Grado SR325is? Last post on 1/7/13 at 9:08pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best open headphones under $300 Last post on 2/17/13 at 6:10pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 1/3/17
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Introduction Sennheiser HD650 is one of the (seemingly) consecrated headphones made by Sennheiser as an upgrade (update?) to their well received model, HD600. HD600 has been...
I finally took the plunge and got these. It's amazing how TOTL IEMS can sound so different. Bass: Tight and full. Tip dependent. With the triple flanges thought my head was going to blow off. I...
The original iDSD Micro stood out from the competition as an all-in-one replacement for the most discerning listeners' setups. The original iDSD Micro delivered - I had one, but as I started to not...
Dynamic headphones by the primarily planar producing HiFiman, very good value(especially if you live in america). Detailed and strong treble, decent mids and midbass yet a little light on lower...
Confusingly, I think Sennheiser is rebranding the Momentum In-Ear (M2 IEi) headphones as HD 1 In-Ear – specifications and appearance are identical. I bought these when my Klipsch S4i started...
Best headphones under $300? - Page 4post #46 of 505/20/13 at 5:56pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #47 of 503/5/14 at 12:41pmPhilips x1, I've heard nothing but good things about them, they are around $200. Use the hundred dollars in savings to get a decent portable headphone amp. Fiio has some great bang for your buck amps.post #48 of 506/9/14 at 7:46pm
A used pair of Sennheiser HD600 selling for under $300.00. They're out there & better than most "new" HPs for the same price. Neutral, linear, all 'round quality sound guaranteed !
Edited by BobG55 - 6/9/14 at 8:11pmpost #49 of 506/10/14 at 3:01am
I second the AD2000, or an AD900.
Why switch headphone manufacturers? You might end up buying some **** you don't like and have to get a amp too that you don't need.
Edited by dreamwhisper - 6/10/14 at 3:07ampost #50 of 507/22/14 at 4:22pm
The phillip's X1 is a good headphone especially for the price, although they
dont offer the detail and flat-esque response that the mad dogs offer.
+1 on the hd 600
Im getting a pair soon myself
When paired with a good amp i believe they beat anything else mentioned thus far
the lyr is a fantastic amp for them
- Best headphones under $300?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › ifI iCan Pro - Impressions & Discussion 1 minute ago
- › Sonore microRendu Music Streamer impressions 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › Music Game IX 1 minute ago
- › Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆ 2 minutes ago
- › Woo Audio WA22 Amp Owner Unite 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 3 minutes ago
- › CanJam Singapore 2017 (March 11-12, 2017) 3 minutes ago
- › Oh no, it's another "I need IEM and DAP recommendations" thread! 4 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by Dobrescu George
- › Shure SE846 Sound Isolating™ Earphone by anqallyt
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by vapman
- › Massdrop x HIFIMAN HE350 by machielsste
- › Sennheiser Momentum In Ear (iOS version) - Black Chrome by HiWire
- › Fiio F1 Dynamic In-ear Monitors by Brooko
- › ENIGMAcoustics Dharma D1000 by geoffalter11
- › Emotiva Stealth DC-1 | Balanced 24/192 Fully Differential DAC by audiobean
- › Sennheiser HD 380 PRO Headphones by Dobrescu George
- › ADV.Sound EVO X by B9Scrambler
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear