For 300 I would buy HD 598. They work without an amp and with a good burn in and a later amp down the line they will sound even better.
- productAKG K 550tagged by System, 11/11/12
- productAKG K701 Studio Headphonestagged by System, 11/11/12
- productAKG Q701 Premium Class Reference Headphones, Quincy Jones Signature Linetagged by System, 11/11/12
- productAudio-Technica ATH-AD900tagged by System, 11/11/12
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 11/11/12
- productBeyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 OHM Semi-open reference headphonetagged by System, 11/11/12
- productDenon AHD2000 High Performance Over-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 11/11/12
- productFiiO E10tagged by System, 11/11/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 11/11/12
- productHiFiMAN HE-300tagged by System, 11/11/12More
- productHiFiMAN HE-400tagged by System, 11/11/12
- productMrSpeakers Mad Dog (T50RP Mod)tagged by System, 11/11/12
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by System, 11/11/12
- productSoundmagic HP200tagged by System, 11/11/12
- productUltrasone HFI-2400tagged by System, 11/11/12
- productV-MODA Crossfade M-100tagged by System, 11/11/12
Related Forum Threads
- Best mids over-the-ear open headphone for less than USD 300? Last post on 12/8/12 at 8:32am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphones for me? Last post on 10/9/12 at 11:17am in Headphones (full-size)
- University Cans - $450 Last post on 9/24/12 at 3:35am in Headphones (full-size)
- Replacement for Grado SR325is? Last post on 1/7/13 at 9:08pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best open headphones under $300 Last post on 2/17/13 at 6:10pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 12/5/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I got a sansa clip+ for my pair of custom iems. Really small, really portable, big nice clip to clip on something while training. Almost perfect sound, some audible noise (really really low, like...
overall nice headphones, with proper bass and sound and i am still burning it, rest of things i will discuss after complete burning process
I had to finally put my Shure 4ECs to rest and have been on the search for months to find a replacement. I like sub bass and a balanced sound and value build quality. My Shures were built tough...
Me: I am a 21 year old student living in a small town in India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time...
Brainwavz continues to step up their game. This time it's in the realm of Bluetooth! The BLU-100 is a budget-priced IEM that is very well-designed and offers very good sound for anyone that needs...
Best headphones under $300? - Page 4post #46 of 505/20/13 at 5:56pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #47 of 503/5/14 at 12:41pmPhilips x1, I've heard nothing but good things about them, they are around $200. Use the hundred dollars in savings to get a decent portable headphone amp. Fiio has some great bang for your buck amps.post #48 of 506/9/14 at 7:46pm
A used pair of Sennheiser HD600 selling for under $300.00. They're out there & better than most "new" HPs for the same price. Neutral, linear, all 'round quality sound guaranteed !
Edited by Old Groucho - 6/9/14 at 8:11pmpost #49 of 506/10/14 at 3:01am
I second the AD2000, or an AD900.
Why switch headphone manufacturers? You might end up buying some **** you don't like and have to get a amp too that you don't need.
Edited by dreamwhisper - 6/10/14 at 3:07ampost #50 of 507/22/14 at 4:22pm
The phillip's X1 is a good headphone especially for the price, although they
dont offer the detail and flat-esque response that the mad dogs offer.
+1 on the hd 600
Im getting a pair soon myself
When paired with a good amp i believe they beat anything else mentioned thus far
the lyr is a fantastic amp for them
- Best headphones under $300?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › "The Lab" 1 second ago
- › what is the best portable music player to have? 41 seconds ago
- › Astell&Kern AK380 1 minute ago
- › Need Advice, Sennhesier Mx 475 vs Baldoor e100 1 minute ago
- › Testing audiophile claims and myths 2 minutes ago
- › Buying new headphones. Help needed. 2 minutes ago
- › Focal SPIRIT PROFESSIONAL Impressions thread 3 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 4 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 5 minutes ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 5 minutes ago
- › SanDisk Sansa Clip+ 8 GB MP3 Player (Black) by ardacer
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by sagar khichi
- › RHA MA750i by Onthecoast
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by YoYo JoKeR
- › Brainwavz BLU-100 Bluetooth IEMs by JoeDoe
- › Edifier Hi-Fi Stereo Headphone (H180 Black) by sharonbava
- › Ultimate Ears 200vi Noise-Isolating Headset, Blue by dkshifat
- › T-Peos Altone 150 in-ear monitor with detachable cables, mic and... by Hisoundfi
- › Beyerdynamic EDT 250 Velour Padded Earcushions for DT250, DT280,... by Trevayne10
- › Xiaomi Pistion III Youth Edition by julian67
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2