For 300 I would buy HD 598. They work without an amp and with a good burn in and a later amp down the line they will sound even better.
- productAKG K 550tagged by System, 11/11/12
- productAKG K701 Studio Headphonestagged by System, 11/11/12
- productAKG Q701 Premium Class Reference Headphones, Quincy Jones Signature Linetagged by System, 11/11/12
- productAudio-Technica ATH-AD900tagged by System, 11/11/12
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 11/11/12
- productBeyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 OHM Semi-open reference headphonetagged by System, 11/11/12
- productDenon AHD2000 High Performance Over-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 11/11/12
- productFiiO E10tagged by System, 11/11/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 11/11/12
- productHiFiMAN HE-300tagged by System, 11/11/12More
- productHiFiMAN HE-400tagged by System, 11/11/12
- productMrSpeakers Mad Dog (T50RP Mod)tagged by System, 11/11/12
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by System, 11/11/12
- productSoundmagic HP200tagged by System, 11/11/12
- productUltrasone HFI-2400tagged by System, 11/11/12
- productV-MODA Crossfade M-100tagged by System, 11/11/12
Related Forum Threads
- Best mids over-the-ear open headphone for less than USD 300? Last post on 12/8/12 at 8:32am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphones for me? Last post on 10/9/12 at 11:17am in Headphones (full-size)
- University Cans - $450 Last post on 9/24/12 at 3:35am in Headphones (full-size)
- Replacement for Grado SR325is? Last post on 1/7/13 at 9:08pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best open headphones under $300 Last post on 2/17/13 at 6:10pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/6/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 8/6/15
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I would like to start with saying thank you to Brainwavz and Pandora for letting me check out the Brainwavz Jive. The Brainwavz Jive is available from...
SOUNDMAGIC E50S IN EAR MONITOR REVIEW Firstly, like to thank SoundMAGIC for supplying the E50S Review unit Features and Design The E50S is the latest in ear monitor from SoundMAGIC....
My initial impressions of this headphone were good, but it has taken a week for me of careful listening to really appreciate their qualities and purpose. Ultimately, I love these headphones and...
Overview, design and build: The CKR10 is currently the flagship dynamic driver earphones from Audio Technica. I bought it used from another Head-Fi user. Packaging and accesories are simple but...
It is brilliant, having been based on a OPA2134 as input amp that is wired to a TPA6120A2 as buffer (Current amp). It uses a TDA2030 as a rail splitter. Using a power opamp as a rail splitter...
Best headphones under $300? - Page 4post #46 of 505/20/13 at 5:56pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #47 of 503/5/14 at 12:41pmPhilips x1, I've heard nothing but good things about them, they are around $200. Use the hundred dollars in savings to get a decent portable headphone amp. Fiio has some great bang for your buck amps.post #48 of 506/9/14 at 7:46pm
A used pair of Sennheiser HD600 selling for under $300.00. They're out there & better than most "new" HPs for the same price. Neutral, linear, all 'round quality sound guaranteed !
Edited by Old Groucho - 6/9/14 at 8:11pmpost #49 of 506/10/14 at 3:01am
I second the AD2000, or an AD900.
Why switch headphone manufacturers? You might end up buying some **** you don't like and have to get a amp too that you don't need.
Edited by dreamwhisper - 6/10/14 at 3:07ampost #50 of 507/22/14 at 4:22pm
The phillip's X1 is a good headphone especially for the price, although they
dont offer the detail and flat-esque response that the mad dogs offer.
+1 on the hd 600
Im getting a pair soon myself
When paired with a good amp i believe they beat anything else mentioned thus far
the lyr is a fantastic amp for them
- Best headphones under $300?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Woo Audio WA6 + WA6SE: Tubes, Comments, Pictures, and Advice 35 seconds ago
- › Official HIFIMAN HE1000 Impressions Thread 38 seconds ago
- › OPPO PM-3 [Australia - New Zealand Tour] - Review and Impressions 56 seconds ago
- › Audio GD Master-11(Combination from Master 7 and Master 9) 1 minute ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 1 minute ago
- › SONY NWZ-A10 Series 2 minutes ago
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 2 minutes ago
- › Brand Spanking New A&K AK120II and AK100II 3 minutes ago
- › Xiaomi Pistons 3.0 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by Pokemonn
- › Brainwavz Jive by peter123
- › SoundMAGIC E50S In Ear Isolating Earphones with Microphone - RED by pformagg
- › Sony MDR-7520 Professional Headphones by Malfunkt
- › Audio Technica ATH-CKR10 IN-EAR HEADPHONE TITANIUM SONIC PRO DUAL... by ezekiel77
- › SMSL sApII Pro by DaveLT
- › Audiosense V2mix4 by abyatar
- › Cypher Labs AlgoRhythm Trio Portable Vacuum Tube Headphone Amplifier by AnakChan
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by areek
- › Beyerdynamic DX 160 iE by acain
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2