For 300 I would buy HD 598. They work without an amp and with a good burn in and a later amp down the line they will sound even better.
- productAKG K 550tagged by System, 11/11/12
- productAKG K701 Studio Headphonestagged by System, 11/11/12
- productAKG Q701 Premium Class Reference Headphones, Quincy Jones Signature Linetagged by System, 11/11/12
- productAudio-Technica ATH-AD900tagged by System, 11/11/12
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 11/11/12
- productBeyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 OHM Semi-open reference headphonetagged by System, 11/11/12
- productDenon AHD2000 High Performance Over-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 11/11/12
- productFiiO E10tagged by System, 11/11/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 11/11/12
- productHiFiMAN HE-300tagged by System, 11/11/12More
- productHiFiMAN HE-400tagged by System, 11/11/12
- productMrSpeakers Mad Dog (T50RP Mod)tagged by System, 11/11/12
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by System, 11/11/12
- productSoundmagic HP200tagged by System, 11/11/12
- productUltrasone HFI-2400tagged by System, 11/11/12
- productV-MODA Crossfade M-100tagged by System, 11/11/12
Related Forum Threads
- Best mids over-the-ear open headphone for less than USD 300? Last post on 12/8/12 at 8:32am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphones for me? Last post on 10/9/12 at 11:17am in Headphones (full-size)
- University Cans - $450 Last post on 9/24/12 at 3:35am in Headphones (full-size)
- Replacement for Grado SR325is? Last post on 1/7/13 at 9:08pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best open headphones under $300 Last post on 2/17/13 at 6:10pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 1/18/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Recently My Noble 5 developed a rattle on the left side, so I sent them back to Noble, in return they upgraded me to the Dulce Bass, I've had these for 3 days now and let me tell you what a step up...
My first Head-Fi review. Pledged for these on Kickstarter this year. I own full range electrostatic speakers (Acoustat 3) and electret headphones (Audio Technica AT706). The Mitchell & Johnson...
For larger views of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images INTRODUCTION I didn't really know about PaiAudio at all until very recently when I was approached by Alex Fan...
Vibro Labs Aria (universal) – initial impressions In my travels on Head-Fi over the last year or so, Vibro Labs is a name I had heard bandied around in various forums, mainly as makers of...
Alright, these are the most confusing set of cans I've ever owned. Why are they so cheap? It doesn't make any sense. Right out of the gate, these are the most comfortable set of headphones...
Best headphones under $300? - Page 4post #46 of 505/20/13 at 5:56pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #47 of 503/5/14 at 12:41pmPhilips x1, I've heard nothing but good things about them, they are around $200. Use the hundred dollars in savings to get a decent portable headphone amp. Fiio has some great bang for your buck amps.post #48 of 506/9/14 at 7:46pm
A used pair of Sennheiser HD600 selling for under $300.00. They're out there & better than most "new" HPs for the same price. Neutral, linear, all 'round quality sound guaranteed !
Edited by BobG55 - 6/9/14 at 8:11pmpost #49 of 506/10/14 at 3:01am
I second the AD2000, or an AD900.
Why switch headphone manufacturers? You might end up buying some **** you don't like and have to get a amp too that you don't need.
Edited by dreamwhisper - 6/10/14 at 3:07ampost #50 of 507/22/14 at 4:22pm
The phillip's X1 is a good headphone especially for the price, although they
dont offer the detail and flat-esque response that the mad dogs offer.
+1 on the hd 600
Im getting a pair soon myself
When paired with a good amp i believe they beat anything else mentioned thus far
the lyr is a fantastic amp for them
- Best headphones under $300?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 1 minute ago
- › Prog rock 2 minutes ago
- › Desktop Amp for a fiio X5/E18 + Sennheiser HD600 combo ? 2 minutes ago
- › A&K Jr How to change ordering of songs? 3 minutes ago
- › looking for a new dap, need recommendations 4 minutes ago
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 4 minutes ago
- › Brand New : Tralucent Audio Ref.1 Too & original Ref.1 5 minutes ago
- › What do you think of the AKM VERITA AK4490 DAC chip? 6 minutes ago
- › New Member Introductions thread 7 minutes ago
- › ZMF Omni - Upcoming Semi Open Flagship 8 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio Dulce Bass UIEM by darober2
- › Mitchell & Johnson Electrostatz (GL2) Kickstarter Edition -... by barondla
- › 3.14 MR3 Music Headphones, BA Balanced Armature Headphones with 3... by Brooko
- › Vibro Labs Aria quad armature in-ear monitor by Jackpot77
- › Philips SHP9500 by reikoshea
- › Fostex T50RP MK3 Professional Studio Headphones, Semi-Open by reikoshea
- › Super Dolphin 6BA by RedJohn456
- › HE-5LE by audiophilehe400
- › Logitech X-540 5.1 Surround Sound Speaker System with Subwoofer by artofmanliness
- › Massdrop x HIFIMAN HE350 by reikoshea
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...