Head-Fi.org › Forums › Help and Getting Started › Introductions, Help and Recommendations › Best headphones under $300?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Best headphones under $300? - Page 2

post #16 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddcpitt View Post

Open: HD600 or HE-400 rev 2
Closed: D2000/D5000 or T50RP Mad Dogs

My exact thoughts. +1

post #17 of 50
Thread Starter 
1 more thought. Are the mad dogs a significant upgrade from m50s?
post #18 of 50
Thread Starter 
Can someone give me an answer?
post #19 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Lieb View Post

1 more thought. Are the mad dogs a significant upgrade from m50s?

Yes very significant. Some people say that it sounds just like the Audeze LCD2($1000) and even a bit better than the LCD2.

post #20 of 50

The audio technica ath-ad2000 is close to $300 and is a great open-style HP

post #21 of 50

If you are gonna consider mad dogs... Consider buying your own t50rp and some modding mats. I could never pay 300 dollars for a modded headphone.

post #22 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrislangley4253 View Post

If you are gonna consider mad dogs... Consider buying your own t50rp and some modding mats. I could never pay 300 dollars for a modded headphone.

Even if they can beat a LCD2??

post #23 of 50

Are those claims hype or are they actually that good?

post #24 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prakhar View Post

Are those claims hype or are they actually that good?

A lot of people have them and they have been out for a long time. Look at the Mad Dog thread. People absolutely love them.

post #25 of 50

 A lot of people prefer their own diy mods to both the paradox and mad dogs.


It's all about tuning in your own set when it comes to the t50rp's

post #26 of 50
Thread Starter 

Did you mod them yourself? If so, how long did it take you? Because I'd rather spend a little more and get the mad dogs if it's going to take months to perfect them. Not to mention my EQ tastes change every other day.

post #27 of 50

Well.. I feel like I have mine almost dialed in after about a day. I think I will have them where I want them or close by the end of today.. I'll report back J-Lieb.

That's not to say my experience is gonna be the same for everyone else. But, what I did was follow BlueMonkeyFlyer's latest mod.. and now I'm working on tweaking it a bit to dial it in.

post #28 of 50
Thread Starter 

I think the only reason that I would tune them myself is if I could do it quickly. When you say "tuning" do you mean that your changing the eq to match your taste in music? Or just tuning it for sound quality in general? 

post #29 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Lieb View Post

I think the only reason that I would tune them myself is if I could do it quickly. When you say "tuning" do you mean that your changing the eq to match your taste in music? Or just tuning it for sound quality in general? 

modifying the dampening scheme and other things within the headphone. I still don't have them dialed in, sometimes it takes a while.. Right now I'm waiting to try some different cotton to see if I can tame the highs a bit. 

post #30 of 50
Thread Starter 

sounds good. i wonder if anybody has a comparison between self tuned ones and the mad dogs

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Help and Getting Started › Introductions, Help and Recommendations › Best headphones under $300?