is it bassy?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- VSONIC dealers in Canada? Last post on 6/17/12 at 6:48pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Vsonic GR-06 or Brainwavz M4 ? Last post on 7/4/12 at 8:56am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Vsonic GR06 Review Last post on 12/28/14 at 8:05pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- I Love It But Need Some Help Last post on 11/8/11 at 6:17pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Vsonic GR04 Pro Flagship Review (yes that really is its name) Last post on 4/1/14 at 7:01pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
I have had 2 pairs and both have stopped working, these aren't professional headphones and I'd stay away from them if you want to keep them longer than a year of professional use. Spend your...
just want to order one and will try the reviews once get it FBA seems be fast waiting
I have 50 hours active listening and another 150 passive/occasional on these. Equipment: Ragnarok, Gungnir, Sony CD 5 CD tray, Senn HD-600 set up for balanced Listen to Yes ('15 Remix,...
At the time this review was written the FLC 8S was listed for sale on Amazon and Musicteck’s website. Here are links for more information and purchase....
The review you are about to read is very personal and contains details some might find boring or unimportant. You have been warned. My personal search for a great headphone began with a love...
VSONIC VC02 Thread - Page 7
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #92 of 77811/30/12 at 5:55amQuote:
Thanks a lot for answering. One more thing, does this offer deep insertion like the GR01? The barrel of GR01 is a lot thinner than this right so I'm wondering about isolation and also if you feel any discomfort in wearing this. Please do give impressions if you plan to do cable rolling since you've said third party cables fit.post #93 of 77811/30/12 at 6:24amQuote:Originally Posted by Euxaes
Thanks a lot for answering. One more thing, does this offer deep insertion like the GR01? The barrel of GR01 is a lot thinner than this right so I'm wondering about isolation and also if you feel any discomfort in wearing this. Please do give impressions if you plan to do cable rolling since you've said third party cables fit.
It is so small and can get so far into your ear canal, that I had trouble removing it, and kept pulling the cables off instead.
I never use deep insertion methods, as I have never found a need to, as I am one of those lucky people who can get a perfect fit with pretty much any medium sized, oval silicon tip. So, from my accidental attempts to insert the VC02 into my brain instead of my ear, it might be reasonable to suggest that deep insertion will be no problem at all I found isolation good and comfort good, but I am not the right person to comment on those particular aspects, as I can say that about pretty much all IEM's that I own except for the UE TF10 that was clearly made for the ears of a Klingon Someone else here who normally has difficulty with comfort or isolation should answer that one.
I can't offer a comparison with GR01 as I have never had that IEM, but I think, if anything, the VC02 looks to be even smaller and thinner than the GR01. Perhaps someone else here who has a GR01 could confirm that ?
EDIT: Worth noting that when putting the tips on the VC02, there are two possible positions they can be in. When pushed on the lower of the two positions, then the end of the tip is very close to the end of the nozzle, which will be placing it closer to your ear drum anyway. With that in mind, people may discover they don't need to insert as deeply as the do with some other IEM's.
Edited by phlashbios - 11/30/12 at 6:27ampost #94 of 77811/30/12 at 6:32amQuote:
I have no idea technically, how it manages to produce bass from a tiny driver like that, but produce it, it certainly does. It is produced convincingly, with punch, clarity and decent depth. Quite a remarkable achievement for something so tiny.post #95 of 77811/30/12 at 6:41amQuote:
A sealed system in your ear canal, no matter how small the transducer, if it produces sufficient SPLs, then it should have bass. I'd be more worried about the QC of constructing such a tiny driver. Any density imperfections may impact the sound greatly. I envision some people saying the VC02 is stellar, and others saying, "What is this nonsensical hype?"
Looks like it's a great package for <$40, though.post #96 of 77811/30/12 at 6:42am
Not excessively. It's not Dre Beatz type bass. It's tight, deep, well controlled and punchy. Only a real bass head would want more I think than the VC02 provides. On a par with the GR07 I would say for bass depth, but with better clarity, punch and slam.post #97 of 77811/30/12 at 7:06ampost #98 of 77811/30/12 at 8:57amthis is the worlds smallest micro driver to date......and built quailty is great as always from vsonic....the isolation is outstanding for me with the smallest black eartip that is included......while trying to burn it in with my complex mix that i downloaded from burinwave.com before the site was taken down( )....this little driver could take on full volume with that track where my jvc fx31( another amazing earphone for $39.60 from japan.it is also tiny with amazing sub bass,sparkly highs,and lush mids.). The micro drivers are probably stronger then the bio cellulose driver.
I am a tech geek which loves unique stuff ......and don't let my 100+ head fi stat fool you guys....i have a whole box full of iems. If you guys are looking for other amazing iem let me know I'll guide you guys to the right direction...damn the timbre on the vc02 is gorgeous :'(....make me want to cry.....it is playing with my emotion.post #99 of 77811/30/12 at 9:02amTechnokid and everyone else get this album and tell me how it sound on the vc02 when you get em Kalya Scintilla - Dance The Spiral Never Ending.....amazing album to use for testing your headphone and iem capability.post #100 of 77811/30/12 at 9:04ampost #101 of 77811/30/12 at 9:05ampost #102 of 77811/30/12 at 9:10ampost #103 of 77811/30/12 at 12:13pmpost #104 of 77811/30/12 at 12:42pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- VSONIC VC02 Thread
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Portable Headphones and IEMs) 15 seconds ago
- › Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz) 29 seconds ago
- › New Hidizs AP200 double DAC Android-based smart music player 53 seconds ago
- › Amps that can drive the HiFiMan HE-6 planar headphones 1 minute ago
- › Focal Elear and Utopia Review / Preview With Measurements - Head-Fi TV 1 minute ago
- › Xiaomi In-Ear Headphones Pro HD (2 +1 Hybrid) 2 minutes ago
- › NuForce HA-200 Full Desktop Amp 2 minutes ago
- › How important is a balanced interconnect between my DAC and... 2 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-7520 3 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 3 minutes ago
- › Shure SRH840 by Russell Folland
- › Seahf Metal Housing In-Ear Earbuds Headphones Noise Cancelling... by Byran
- › Fostex TH500RP by bagwell359
- › FLC Technology FLC 8S by Hisoundfi
- › Meze 99 Classics by dany111777
- › SONY Walkman A series NW-A35 (R) (16GB) (Sina bar Red) by meringo
- › Custom Art Harmony 8.2 by Ike1985
- › AUNE M1S 32BIT/384KHZ DSD128 3.5MM/2.5MM BALANCED HIFI AUDIOPHILE... by Hypespazm
- › Fischer Audio Totem Paco by B9Scrambler
- › Sennheiser HD 598 Cs by peaches
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear