I currently own the soundmagic e30. coupled with the Cowon J3. I liked the balanced and warm signature of the e30s. Thought of trying something different so ordered the VC02 and picked them over the vsd1. I hope I'm not disappointed. I mainly listen to alternative/indie rock and EDM/Dubstep.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- VSONIC dealers in Canada? Last post on 6/17/12 at 6:48pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Vsonic GR-06 or Brainwavz M4 ? Last post on 7/4/12 at 8:56am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Vsonic GR06 Review Last post on 9/17/14 at 8:15pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- I Love It But Need Some Help Last post on 11/8/11 at 6:17pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Vsonic GR04 Pro Flagship Review (yes that really is its name) Last post on 4/1/14 at 7:01pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Warm sound, good mid, great price Easy to drive compare with other studio headphone, there is shouldn't be too much complaint consider this headphone now only retail about $70 and sound really...
So the Pan Am from ALO Audio. This little guy is pretty dang impressive. An excellently-built, functioning desktop solution that is pretty easy on the eyes too! For the record, I've got the whole...
REVIEW: Brainwavz S5 Specifications: (from Brainwavz site) Driver: 10mm Dynamic Rated Impedance: 16 Ω Frequency Range: 18Hz - 24kHz Sensitivity: 110 dB @ 1 mW Cable: 1.3m,...
Thanks to Greed for a 10-day loan of his Ref 1 set, which I fully burnt-in and auditioned. This set had the uber cable. Super Brief Review (it's all just what my ears heard, if you love your Ref 1...
This review is going to be updated once I receive a balanced cable and use this amp in balanced operation. I figured this amp needed a proper review on here, and there is a lot of good stuff to say...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
VSONIC VC02 - Info & Appreciation Thread - Page 50
Gear mentioned in this thread:
After lost one of drivers and buy the new one, I tightly superglue it to wire I recommend to make that to all vc02 fans. Its great IEM for opera and other vocals (not as my Beyers of course, but impressive for IEM!) Happy with my vc02
You know what? You're right haha. My sibling borrowed it for a couple of days and one of them just got lost. But that's why it's a lesson learned. :)
sorry for your loss bro. vc02 really is one of those special cheap IEMs. Although I rarely listen to mine nowadays because of my RE-400. But from time to time, I put those on and its neutrality puts a smile on my face (I find the RE-400 a bit warm).
May I ask where you happened across that IEM cable? Also, if that is heat shrink, you have all of my respect, sir!
That's not a heat shrink, its just the smallest eartips of vc02 I regularly use it to lock the drivers without gluing it. It's a simple mod I discovered and its very effective to lock the drivers.
I have had and listened to more expensive iems but I just kept on coming back to vc02 (my sound sig), this indeed is a real special gem. I have also heard from a friend that vc02's newer batch sounds a little better than the old batch way back early january of 2013. I'm not that sure with info though. I may have to listen to it 1st.
That's the fiio rc ue2 silver cable available for $29..........actually fot UE TF10.
None of the included tips works for me. I had use a special i got when i returned mine for warranty without any tips and they returned them with some special foamy time of tips. They work but they are uncomfortable.
All the included tips sounds way to harsh for me. The special tips damps the harsh treble.
Is it the same for you guys?
Edit: I think the tips that works well i described above are the Comply T-400
Edited by raptor18 - 3/4/14 at 12:09pm
Hello, fellow head-fiers!
Yesterday I got my pair of vc02 and can't help but ask you guys about the ear tips.
I've found the small red ones are the most comfortable for me.
But there's a problem with them: because of deep insertion my footsteps thud-thud sound became very loud.
I used more shallow-insertion tips before (stocks for Beyerdynamic DTX 101, Fischer Audio Consonance, Sennheiser MM-50) but those tips are made for bigger size drivers and don't fit small vc02s.
So my question to you is: where can I get eartips for more shallow insertion and can I somehow use my old 'big' eartips with vc02?
Edited by bizzz - 3/6/14 at 12:47am
Have you tried VC02's large Purple dome tips? That's quite good for shallow insertion. By the way VC02's sounds the best when deeply inserted. Maybe it's just a matter of your adjusting to it, comfort level is very high as well too.
- VSONIC VC02 - Info & Appreciation Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 1 minute ago
- › Grado e Series 2 minutes ago
- › Thoughts on Klipsch Status headphones? 3 minutes ago
- › Hifiman EF-5 headphone amplifier mods and rolls 4 minutes ago
- › AKG K601 & K612 Pro Owners... UNITE!! 6 minutes ago
- › chord hugo + shure SE846 for your Ak240 RWAK 6 minutes ago
- › Rate The Last Movie You Watched 7 minutes ago
- › Desktop headphones for $150 range 10 minutes ago
- › FIDUE A83 impressions and discussion thread 10 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX90 Bug Thread - Post Any Firmware Bugs/Issues Here 11 minutes ago
- › AKG Acoustics K-240 Semi Open Studio Headphones by jerryg
- › ALO Audio The Pan Am by JoeDoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Zelda
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Kunlun
- › Violectric HPA V281 by saxelrod92
- › Yamaha EPH-100SL Inner-Ear Headphone by lumberjake
- › Schiit Audio Ragnarok by goldendarko
- › Ultimate Ears UE9000 Noise-Cancelling Wireless Headphones by SennsAsian
- › Crystal by MEElectronics In-Ear Headphones with Microphone Made... by indieman
- › Fidue A31s by djvkool
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)