I currently own the soundmagic e30. coupled with the Cowon J3. I liked the balanced and warm signature of the e30s. Thought of trying something different so ordered the VC02 and picked them over the vsd1. I hope I'm not disappointed. I mainly listen to alternative/indie rock and EDM/Dubstep.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- VSONIC dealers in Canada? Last post on 6/17/12 at 6:48pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Vsonic GR-06 or Brainwavz M4 ? Last post on 7/4/12 at 8:56am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Vsonic GR06 Review Last post on 3/3/14 at 12:27pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- I Love It But Need Some Help Last post on 11/8/11 at 6:17pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Vsonic GR04 Pro Flagship Review (yes that really is its name) Last post on 4/1/14 at 7:01pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
I was on the hunt for a well-made copper cable to complement my stock and third party cables for my Fitear IEMs when I came across Forza Audioworks. Good quality wire, ergonomics and aesthetics...
Edit1: Supposedly you have to burn this in for a while and you have to leave it on constantly to warm up or whatever according to the manual, but I wrote the review below after only about an hour...
The best phones I've tried so far. I tried some well-burnt-in beyerdynamic and others in similar price range in a store, and I have owned the 601 before. I also own closed cans, e.g. the K271, and...
First of all, a big THANK YOU to @svyr and @H20Fidelity for organising this Australian tour. It is much appreciated, and my humble ears are feeling so incredibly honoured to be included in this...
For several years now, Astrotec has been a name familiar to enthusiasts as a manufacturer of value-conscious, yet quality-engineered, balanced armature IEMs. This past year, they began shifting...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
VSONIC VC02 - Info & Appreciation Thread - Page 50
Gear mentioned in this thread:
After lost one of drivers and buy the new one, I tightly superglue it to wire I recommend to make that to all vc02 fans. Its great IEM for opera and other vocals (not as my Beyers of course, but impressive for IEM!) Happy with my vc02
You know what? You're right haha. My sibling borrowed it for a couple of days and one of them just got lost. But that's why it's a lesson learned. :)
sorry for your loss bro. vc02 really is one of those special cheap IEMs. Although I rarely listen to mine nowadays because of my RE-400. But from time to time, I put those on and its neutrality puts a smile on my face (I find the RE-400 a bit warm).
May I ask where you happened across that IEM cable? Also, if that is heat shrink, you have all of my respect, sir!
That's not a heat shrink, its just the smallest eartips of vc02 I regularly use it to lock the drivers without gluing it. It's a simple mod I discovered and its very effective to lock the drivers.
I have had and listened to more expensive iems but I just kept on coming back to vc02 (my sound sig), this indeed is a real special gem. I have also heard from a friend that vc02's newer batch sounds a little better than the old batch way back early january of 2013. I'm not that sure with info though. I may have to listen to it 1st.
That's the fiio rc ue2 silver cable available for $29..........actually fot UE TF10.
None of the included tips works for me. I had use a special i got when i returned mine for warranty without any tips and they returned them with some special foamy time of tips. They work but they are uncomfortable.
All the included tips sounds way to harsh for me. The special tips damps the harsh treble.
Is it the same for you guys?
Edit: I think the tips that works well i described above are the Comply T-400
Edited by raptor18 - 3/4/14 at 12:09pm
Hello, fellow head-fiers!
Yesterday I got my pair of vc02 and can't help but ask you guys about the ear tips.
I've found the small red ones are the most comfortable for me.
But there's a problem with them: because of deep insertion my footsteps thud-thud sound became very loud.
I used more shallow-insertion tips before (stocks for Beyerdynamic DTX 101, Fischer Audio Consonance, Sennheiser MM-50) but those tips are made for bigger size drivers and don't fit small vc02s.
So my question to you is: where can I get eartips for more shallow insertion and can I somehow use my old 'big' eartips with vc02?
Edited by bizzz - 3/6/14 at 12:47am
Have you tried VC02's large Purple dome tips? That's quite good for shallow insertion. By the way VC02's sounds the best when deeply inserted. Maybe it's just a matter of your adjusting to it, comfort level is very high as well too.
- VSONIC VC02 - Info & Appreciation Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › VSonic VSD1/VSD1S Reviews/Impression Thread 27 seconds ago
- › Best way to play my music with ATH-M50X??!!! 43 seconds ago
- › Burson Conductor - DAC/amp successor to the HA-160D 59 seconds ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre *ES9018K2M*, New amp section. Review 1st... 1 minute ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 1 minute ago
- › Review: JDS Labs O2 (Black edition) + O2/ODAC discussion 1 minute ago
- › New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne" 3 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic DT770 or Mad Dog's and DAC/AMP? 3 minutes ago
- › Vancouver meet anyone? 5 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 6 minutes ago
- › Forza Audioworks Copper Series Cable by awry
- › Burson Audio - Conductor SL 9018 - Headphone Amp and DAC by ag8908
- › AKG K701 Studio Headphones by unshavenbastard
- › T-Peos H-300 - 3 Way Hybrid by djvkool
- › Astrotec AX-30 by bowei006
- › Beyerdynamic DX 160 iE by Ultramus
- › M-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphones by KonKossKang
- › Sony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphones by KonKossKang
- › Skullcandy Fix In Ear Headphone With 3 Button Remote - White / Chrome by killeraxemannic
- › Shure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphones by KonKossKang
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob