I currently own the soundmagic e30. coupled with the Cowon J3. I liked the balanced and warm signature of the e30s. Thought of trying something different so ordered the VC02 and picked them over the vsd1. I hope I'm not disappointed. I mainly listen to alternative/indie rock and EDM/Dubstep.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- VSONIC dealers in Canada? Last post on 6/17/12 at 6:48pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Vsonic GR-06 or Brainwavz M4 ? Last post on 7/4/12 at 8:56am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Vsonic GR06 Review Last post on 3/3/14 at 12:27pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- I Love It But Need Some Help Last post on 11/8/11 at 6:17pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Vsonic GR04 Pro Flagship Review (yes that really is its name) Last post on 4/1/14 at 7:01pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
There are many great headphones in this SUB-$150 category , I have a good amount of headphones in the range and have tried a good enough of them to know what to expect in this category The...
(Note - XL ear pads are installed. The sound will be judged based on that.) Introduction: I purchased these headphones mainly out of curiosity. I was reading reviews and watching youtubers...
Accessories: Includes a pouch and cable. Pouch is well-built, compact, and stylish. Soft, flexible cable has never tangled for me in my time with it. Right angled jack is durable and well-relieved....
First off, I would like to thank Noisehush for sending me the NX85's! I'll get into the review now. Packaging: The NX85 come in a sturdy black card board box. It is all black, except the...
The LH Labs Geek Out had a lot to live up to. A good 7+ months ago, the Geek Out started as a concept. This concept was to bring a high quality audio experience into a small and affordable device....
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
VSONIC VC02 - Info & Appreciation Thread - Page 50
Gear mentioned in this thread:
After lost one of drivers and buy the new one, I tightly superglue it to wire I recommend to make that to all vc02 fans. Its great IEM for opera and other vocals (not as my Beyers of course, but impressive for IEM!) Happy with my vc02
You know what? You're right haha. My sibling borrowed it for a couple of days and one of them just got lost. But that's why it's a lesson learned. :)
sorry for your loss bro. vc02 really is one of those special cheap IEMs. Although I rarely listen to mine nowadays because of my RE-400. But from time to time, I put those on and its neutrality puts a smile on my face (I find the RE-400 a bit warm).
May I ask where you happened across that IEM cable? Also, if that is heat shrink, you have all of my respect, sir!
That's not a heat shrink, its just the smallest eartips of vc02 I regularly use it to lock the drivers without gluing it. It's a simple mod I discovered and its very effective to lock the drivers.
I have had and listened to more expensive iems but I just kept on coming back to vc02 (my sound sig), this indeed is a real special gem. I have also heard from a friend that vc02's newer batch sounds a little better than the old batch way back early january of 2013. I'm not that sure with info though. I may have to listen to it 1st.
That's the fiio rc ue2 silver cable available for $29..........actually fot UE TF10.
None of the included tips works for me. I had use a special i got when i returned mine for warranty without any tips and they returned them with some special foamy time of tips. They work but they are uncomfortable.
All the included tips sounds way to harsh for me. The special tips damps the harsh treble.
Is it the same for you guys?
Edit: I think the tips that works well i described above are the Comply T-400
Edited by raptor18 - 3/4/14 at 12:09pm
Hello, fellow head-fiers!
Yesterday I got my pair of vc02 and can't help but ask you guys about the ear tips.
I've found the small red ones are the most comfortable for me.
But there's a problem with them: because of deep insertion my footsteps thud-thud sound became very loud.
I used more shallow-insertion tips before (stocks for Beyerdynamic DTX 101, Fischer Audio Consonance, Sennheiser MM-50) but those tips are made for bigger size drivers and don't fit small vc02s.
So my question to you is: where can I get eartips for more shallow insertion and can I somehow use my old 'big' eartips with vc02?
Edited by bizzz - 3/6/14 at 12:47am
Have you tried VC02's large Purple dome tips? That's quite good for shallow insertion. By the way VC02's sounds the best when deeply inserted. Maybe it's just a matter of your adjusting to it, comfort level is very high as well too.
- VSONIC VC02 - Info & Appreciation Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › WHO ARE THE BEST LOOKING PEOPLE ON EARTH? 41 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Fostex T50RP Incremental Mods and Measurements 1 minute ago
- › Stereo imaging and headphone: Have we been underestimating our... 1 minute ago
- › FS Unique Melody Miracle CIEM USD$490 1 minute ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre *ES9018K2M*, New amp section. Review 1st... 3 minutes ago
- › 2359glenn | studio 3 minutes ago
- › [REVIEW] JVC FXZ-100: Fun-O-Phile 4 minutes ago
- › Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones Part II 4 minutes ago
- › JVC HA-FXZ 100/200 4 minutes ago
- › Ultrasone HFI-450 by MrTechAgent
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-100 by zach8278
- › Ultimate Ears UE4000 Headphones by gopats1479
- › NoiseHush NX85 Stereo 3.5mm Headset with Mic - Retail Packaging -... by Mathewsa
- › LHLabs Geek Out by bhazard
- › Monster Inspiration by betterthan1122
- › Meridian Explorer by zolkis
- › Beyerdynamic T51P Tesla Headphone - Silver by twister6
- › FiiO E17 by zach8278
- › T-Peos H-300 - 3 Way Hybrid by White Lotus
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude