This is my first post on this forum. I've read a lot already and it's a great place here but didn't really find a good answer/recommendation to the situation I have. So here you go!
I'm looking for a good IEM set at the moment. I have a home studio so I know how music should sound like (you probably know what I'm talking about). I want IEM's that let you hear the separation of instruments, clarity.
I'm going to use the IEM's primarily for my iphone (not amped), but also a bit for in-studio (amped).
Now, I here's a list of IEM's that I found that interested me:
- Westone 4
- Earsonics Sm3
- Monster Pro Gold
- Monster Miles Davis
- Sennheiser IE80
I'm a big fan of bass. I read some of these IEM's have a sub-bass, which makes them sound very nice. But I also want clarity in the sound, so the mids and highs are separated so you can hear all different instruments etc (just like studio monitors), and want these mids + highs to be nice and sharp.
Things/Rumours I heard/read about the IEM's above:
- Westone 4: ???
- Earsonics SM3: Lack of bass compared to the others in the list. But almost no difference between un-amped and amped.
- Monster Pro Gold: Good bass, but a lack of 'warmth' in the sound. What about clarity of mids and highs, separation?
- Monster Miles Davis: Good bass. What about clarity of mids and highs, separation?
- Sennheiser IE80: Has the most bass of all of them, but the mids and highs are not very great and sound a bit muddy.
So basically I want some great bass, but also great clarity in the mids and highs. Also I want them to sound good un-amped (on iphone for example). What do you recommend?
I primarily listen/mix to pop/top40 music etc. but I like a lot of bass, but also clarity.
- Have good and heavy (sub)bass but also perform very well in sound clarity (mids and highs), instrument separation and should definitely NOT sound muddy.
- Sound good both un-amped and amped.
- Money is not an issue as long as it's $500 or less
If you guys have or have tried any of the IEM's above, or if you have similar recommendations, I'd appreciate it if you share your thoughts on the products above as details as possible. Let me know what you think about bass, clarity and amped/un-amped.