- 8 Posts. Joined 11/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
- productAudio Technica ATH-AD700tagged by System, 11/11/12
- productAudio-Technica ATH-AD900tagged by System, 11/11/12
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 11/11/12
- productSennheiser HD 280 Headphonestagged by System, 11/11/12
- productSennheiser HD 380 PRO Headphonestagged by System, 11/11/12
- productShure SRH840tagged by System, 11/11/12
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Need help to choose a headphone. Last post on 10/24/11 at 2:55am in Headphones (full-size)
- Foldable Headphones for Music and Gaming Last post on 10/8/11 at 2:45pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphone Choice Last post on 1/1/13 at 7:03am in Headphones (full-size)
- Your advice on a new headphone Last post on 3/21/13 at 12:05pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
Accessories: Includes a pouch and cable. Pouch is well-built, compact, and stylish. Soft, flexible cable has never tangled for me in my time with it. Right angled jack is durable and well-relieved....
First off, I would like to thank Noisehush for sending me the NX85's! I'll get into the review now. Packaging: The NX85 come in a sturdy black card board box. It is all black, except the...
The LH Labs Geek Out had a lot to live up to. A good 7+ months ago, the Geek Out started as a concept. This concept was to bring a high quality audio experience into a small and affordable device....
If you like electric music or hip hop rap,this is it,but if you want a more balanced sound you better go for the sennheiser momentum or ue6000.
I am mainly using the Meridian Explorer on the road, from laptop. Setup is painless on Mac and Linux. Note that on Linux, it is worth checking the gain settings in alsamixer (only once is...
Sennheiser's vs. Sony vs. Audio Technicapost #1 of 811/7/12 at 11:36amThread StarterI plan on buying one of the three (trying to move on from the whole Beats line) but not sure which to choose. I've heard ATH-M50's from Audio Technica, HD-380's from Sennheiser, and Sony and Bose, not sure of there specific products. Looking for closed headphones, good base (not necessarily overpowering). Also if they're good for casual listening & recording/monitoring would be a plus. Thank you in advance.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 811/7/12 at 1:55pmpost #3 of 811/7/12 at 2:09pmThread Starterpost #4 of 811/7/12 at 8:00pm
I've only ever heard the Audio Technica ATH-AD700 and AD900, which are open, bright sounding headphones.
This may help though: The Senn. has deep bass, while the Audio Technica M50 adds mid bass.
And here is the isolation graph: The Sennheiser HD280 wins. (Lower is better.)post #5 of 811/7/12 at 8:09pm
Have a look at the Shure SRH840's and if they're available where you are the Fischer Audio FA-03(and OEM versions). I think the Shures stomp the M50's, although they are somewhat bright to some people(my friend can't stand them, he prefers my T50RPs, which are much darker) and the FA03 are supposed to be fairly similar, but less detailed.post #6 of 811/8/12 at 1:53pmThread Starter@stevenswall thank you for the visuals. I noticed you have used the Shure 840's too.
@stevenswall & @Tangster how is the Shure 840 comfort and isolation level? Also would they be preferred over Sennheiser?post #7 of 811/8/12 at 1:59pmThread StarterI'm basically, trying to find a pair of headphones that are comfortable, have good isolation, good sound quality, good for monitoring/recording and also casual listening. Not to familiar with brands such as Shure (so thanks for introducing me to that brand) would the genre of music influence which headphones i should choose?post #8 of 811/8/12 at 2:31pmQuote:Originally Posted by NMaldo94
I'm basically, trying to find a pair of headphones that are comfortable, have good isolation, good sound quality, good for monitoring/recording and also casual listening. Not to familiar with brands such as Shure (so thanks for introducing me to that brand) would the genre of music influence which headphones i should choose?Quote:
Isolation is quite good. They aren't perfectly comfortable though, as they are heavy and the headband sometime develops a pressure point on the top of some peoples heads. I use mine with the SRH940 velour pads, which reduces isolation but increases the comfort imo. I haven't heard the HD280's so I can't comment.Quote:Originally Posted by NMaldo94
I'm basically, trying to find a pair of headphones that are comfortable, have good isolation, good sound quality, good for monitoring/recording and also casual listening. Not to familiar with brands such as Shure (so thanks for introducing me to that brand) would the genre of music influence which headphones i should choose?
Shure do good monitoring headphones. Most of their line is fairly flat and as such tends to work well with most genres as long as you aren't a basshead. I feel Sennheiser are often better for jazz and easy listening type genres than Shure as they have a very smooth sound to most of their line up. I don't really think Sennheisers fullsize cans are great with isolation, even the closed ones. I find they tend to leak sound near the top of my jaw.
- Sennheiser's vs. Sony vs. Audio Technica
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › An audiophile and petrolhead's journal: Buckle up! 15 seconds ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 4/17/2014: AKG... 2 minutes ago
- › Toxic Cables - The Appreciation Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Appreciation Thread!! 3 minutes ago
- › New Custom-to-Universal IEMs: InEar StageDiver 2/3 3 minutes ago
- › Newbie needs advice thanks you! 3 minutes ago
- › Best Headphones (NOT EARBUDS) For Biking With a Helmet 3 minutes ago
- › Woo Audio: NEW! WA7tp (tube PSU) Early-bird offer 3 minutes ago
- › HM-901 5 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 5 minutes ago
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-100 by zach8278
- › Ultimate Ears UE4000 Headphones by gopats1479
- › NoiseHush NX85 Stereo 3.5mm Headset with Mic - Retail Packaging -... by Mathewsa
- › LHLabs Geek Out by bhazard
- › Monster Inspiration by betterthan1122
- › Meridian Explorer by zolkis
- › Beyerdynamic T51P Tesla Headphone - Silver by twister6
- › FiiO E17 by zach8278
- › T-Peos H-300 - 3 Way Hybrid by White Lotus
- › Beats Studio Over-Ear Headphone (Black) - NEW by 2001Audiophile
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude