- 63 Posts. Joined 2/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
- brandAKGtagged by System, 11/7/12
- productAKG K 550tagged by System, 11/7/12
- productAKG K551 Closed-Back Reference Class Headset with Mic (Black/Silver)tagged by System, 11/11/12
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K551 OR K550? Last post on 1/24/15 at 9:22am in Headphones (full-size)
- [REVIEW] Sony MDR-1R: the best < $199 headphones available Last post on 7/5/14 at 4:26am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best setup for a trucker? Last post on 6/23/14 at 10:25pm in Headphones (full-size)
- AKG K550 v AKG 551 v Sennheiser Momentum Last post on 5/2/14 at 11:44am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- looking for a pair of closed back headphones (over ear) for use out of the house up to a price... Last post on 11/6/13 at 1:37am in Headphones (full-size)
INTRODUCTION Because I’ve been involved with some review samples with my Australian brethren in the last couple of years, I’ve had the chance to hear some IEMs I’ve been curious about in the...
The Little Dot line of headphone amps represent what is possible when a Chinese production amp doesn't cut corners on build quality and engineering. This amp has my vote as the best desktop hybrid...
My dac progression has been in the sub 1000.00 range and frankly I doubt I will ever exceed that mark further I find it hard to believe there is anything better in this price range. My musical...
Specifications: Driver: Titanium Diaphgram Dynamic Driver 13mm Sensitivity: 90+- 2dB Reproduction Frequency: 20Hz-30kHz Cable Length: 1.2m Plug: 3.5mm Stere Mini Weight: 18g Comes With: 1...
Hi guys, I spent several hours (more than 40 hours research) to find the best headphone for my budget (under AUD $200). I tried to read as many reviews (mainly the 1-2 stars) as I could to know...
NEW! AKG K551 Silver unboxing video - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
The cans are great in sound, comfort and the remote is very responsive. The volume up/down feature only works with apple products. the answer phone call button and play/pause button does work with android phones etc...
BTW, the K551 is actually less efficient than the K550 on an iPhone. I was surprised by that.
Edited by HiFiGuy528 - 11/11/12 at 10:55pm
I agree with you. I love the new color scheme of the K551, but if these initial impressions are true, then what's the point in even getting the K551? They don't even have the removable cable... AKG doesn't learn, you know. :(
Got myself K 550. The sound is just incredible (when you can get a good fit and seal, which is very hard) for the price! But the comfort is really awful! Really hard to get a good fit and the headband is rock hard, creates a hotspot on top of the head.
Kinda hit and miss. I wish it had velour pads. If this would have a HD600/650 comfort levet it would be hit!
Hope AKG will improve the comfort level with this sound!
Edited by MetalElvis - 11/14/12 at 6:31am
They are slowly settling in... the sound is great and the controls very responsive. sad about the cable though.. they are a little big for my head so might consider selling them if anyone interested..... i just got them last week.....
Just picked up the K550's as well.. very anxious to hear your final impressions as I really wanted the portability, inline controls and shorter wire on the 551's. The white is SEXY too :)
Love the sound of the K550s - such a soundstage and spacious!!
Between all my phones (Beats Pro, M50, K702 and the JH13s), I think this one intrigued me the most. Wondering if I should return the 550s in hopes that the 551s will be equally as stellar?!!?
Do tell!! :P
Which ones are better sound wise, and which ones are better for public use like on the tram/bus?
Will both still be alright for public use?
I really actually wanted a good nois eisolating pair of headphones for public use, so initially I thought about the K550's because of the good design, sound quality and isolation. But what about the K551s, are they the same or better sound quality?
I mean they don't even have a gold plated cable so the sound is not the best.
Not at all?
I mean for listening on the bus when I'm sitting down...
I know they are not good for like walking around. Compared to Beats Pro, are they better or worse than K550s for portability?
And what affects its portability, the wire length, size or what else?
Similarly would the Sennheiser Momentum be a more portable alternative? And can they be compared in sound quality?
What about the AKG 272HD, are they better in sound quality than the k550s and the Momentum, and what about portability?
Edited by tino96 - 11/21/12 at 11:00am
- NEW! AKG K551 Silver unboxing video
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Rumor: New Sennheiser Flagship to be surfaced ........ soon 28 seconds ago
- › Fulla (by) Schiit - News, photos, thoughts, impressions, etc. 1 minute ago
- › JVC HA-SZ2000/1000 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 2 minutes ago
- › LNIB TH900 2 minutes ago
- › The Sub-$200 Portable Amps Shootout – 13 (+11) amps compared 2 minutes ago
- › The Stax Thread III 3 minutes ago
- › iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions,... 4 minutes ago
- › Chicago Area Meet - Saturday April 25 - Part of the Ear Gear Expo... 5 minutes ago
- › Shootout: 113 Portable Headphones Reviewed (Alpha Design Labs ADL... 6 minutes ago
- › OSTRY KC06 High Fidelity Stereo Inner-Ear Earphones by Brooko
- › Little Dot I+ by Zeejet
- › MHDT labs havana by joespride
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by Dsnuts
- › Yamaha HPH-MT220BL by Janos Kardos
- › Sony MDR-10RBT Bluetooth Headphone by Giogio
- › Bose SoundLink On-Ear Bluetooth Headphones - Black by Giogio
- › Harman Kardon BT by Giogio
- › Philips Fidelio M2BT by Giogio
- › FiiO Andes (E07K) Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier -... by cuiter23
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3