I heard that the limited edition model of the at m50s looks and sounds better (i can confirm the looks) but I was wondering if it was worth the extra money.
- productAKG K167 Tiesto Closed-Back DJ Studio Headphonestagged by System, 11/11/12
- productAudio Technica ATH-A900X | Art Monitor Headphones (Japan Import)tagged by System, 11/11/12
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50s/LE Limited Edition Professional Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 11/11/12
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 11/11/12
- productM-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphonestagged by System, 11/11/12
- productSony MDR-XB700 50mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 11/11/12
- productUltrasone PRO 750tagged by System, 11/11/12
Related Forum Threads
- Best headphones for Hip-Hop & Rap for around £150/$250. Last post on 2/21/13 at 9:21pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Moving to a new level of headphone Last post on 1/24/13 at 11:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Dubstep Headphones!?! Last post on 11/18/12 at 10:21am in Headphones (full-size)
- Picky customer in the UK - sony MDR-V6 help thread, plus recommendations? Last post on 11/17/12 at 8:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for some new Over Ear cans Last post on 11/16/12 at 4:06pm in Headphones (full-size)
Should I spend the extra money to get the ath m50s le instead of the ath m50s
Gear mentioned in this thread:
They are a bit better according to another user and considering how its only about $13 more then the normal M50 I don't see why you shouldn't get it.
Not worth the money, at all.
I would suggest a completely different headphone honestly. What are you looking for? What's your budget?
Ultrasone PRO 750
Ultrasone HFI 580
I was wondering: are those headphones you mentioned noise isolating and over ear with little leakage? I know I didn't mention that I wanted those features earlier, I was in a rush. Anyways, thanks for the help!
The only difference between the M50S and the M50 is the more expensive one has a coiled cable.
Amazon had the M50S for $110 just last week. Not quite worth the $160 as there are alternatives. But for $110 its pretty good
Bump? I also set on the m50s at the moment, but answers in this thread have slightly changed my choice. What is a good alternative between 100-200 with decent bass but also good mids and highs like the OP asked?
- Should I spend the extra money to get the ath m50s le instead of the ath m50s
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › "The Lab" 23 seconds ago
- › The Fiio X5 Thread 25 seconds ago
- › Chord Hugo 3 minutes ago
- › Rate The Last Movie You Watched 4 minutes ago
- › New Earphones 4 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 5 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 6 minutes ago
- › Best sealed over-ear headphones around 100$. 6 minutes ago
- › 2015 Melbourne Meet (28/04/15) 7 minutes ago
- › Post Your Photography Here #2 (new dial-up 800X600 friendly) 9 minutes ago
- › Master & Dynamic MH30 On Ear Headphone - Black by acain
- › SanDisk SDMX22-004G-A57K Sansa Clip Zip 4 GB, Black by kite7
- › Somic HD MH463 Open-air Dynamic Pro Headphones (Black) by weirdek
- › Chord Hugo by FortisFlyer75
- › Technics RP-DH1200 DJ Headphones by Johannus
- › Bravo Audio S1 Class A Deluxe Headphone Amplifier with Op-amp by YoYo JoKeR
- › MEElectronics A151P Gen.2 Balanced Armature In-Ear Monitors by YoYo JoKeR
- › PSB M4U 1 by squee116
- › Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro Limited Edition 32 Ohm by goropeza
- › Sennheiser HD 380 PRO Headphones by rigodeni
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2