I heard that the limited edition model of the at m50s looks and sounds better (i can confirm the looks) but I was wondering if it was worth the extra money.
- itemAKG K167 Tiesto Closed Back DJ Studio Headphones
- itemAudio Technica ATH A900X Art Monitor Headphones Japan Import
- itemAudio Technica ATH M50s LE Limited Edition Professional Studio Monitor Headphones
- itemAudio Technica ATH M50 Studio Monitor Headphones
- itemM Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed Back Dynamic Headphones
- itemSony MDR XB700 50mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphones
- itemUltrasone PRO 750
Related Forum Threads
- Moving to a new level of headphone Last post on 1/24/13 at 11:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Dubstep Headphones!?! Last post on 11/18/12 at 10:21am in Headphones (full-size)
- Picky customer in the UK - sony MDR-V6 help thread, plus recommendations? Last post on 11/17/12 at 8:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for some new Over Ear cans Last post on 11/16/12 at 4:06pm in Headphones (full-size)
- No clue of what headphones to get. Last post on 11/11/12 at 1:59am in Headphones (full-size)
Comparing headphones: Sennheiser's HD 800, HD 600, HD 25-1 and...
Edited on 5/27/12
Related Head Gear
I read reviews on this and I said let me try this out, for $10 I couldn't lose. This surpassed all of expectations for a $10 IEM. I am going to purchase a set for my wife, she was also blown...
Fanmusic is a distributor and a brand of Chinese audio-equipment which also has an eBay store. I was contacted by Tony, their manager a while ago and he informed me that they were working...
Very nice amp for mid-fiers to entry high-fiers. The sound quality and specs are very good for the price. Works very well with Jazz and Classical music in particular (not that rock and...
My pair was a supposed demo model from one of Hifiman's retailers. They came in mint condition, which is lucky for me. I'm not using a balanced cable yet, but I already feel it's a good upgrade...
Should I spend the extra money to get the ath m50s le instead of the ath m50s
Gear mentioned in this thread:
They are a bit better according to another user and considering how its only about $13 more then the normal M50 I don't see why you shouldn't get it.
Not worth the money, at all.
I would suggest a completely different headphone honestly. What are you looking for? What's your budget?
Ultrasone PRO 750
Ultrasone HFI 580
I was wondering: are those headphones you mentioned noise isolating and over ear with little leakage? I know I didn't mention that I wanted those features earlier, I was in a rush. Anyways, thanks for the help!
The only difference between the M50S and the M50 is the more expensive one has a coiled cable.
Amazon had the M50S for $110 just last week. Not quite worth the $160 as there are alternatives. But for $110 its pretty good
Bump? I also set on the m50s at the moment, but answers in this thread have slightly changed my choice. What is a good alternative between 100-200 with decent bass but also good mids and highs like the OP asked?
- Should I spend the extra money to get the ath m50s le instead of the ath m50s
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Project Sunrise/PS2 Tube Rolling Thread (and maybe even Project... 26 seconds ago
- › Audeze LCD-2 Appreciation Thread 29 seconds ago
- › Matrix X-Sabre DAC review and impression thread 33 seconds ago
- › Schiit DACs (Bifrost and Gungnir down, one to go)? The information... 40 seconds ago
- › Daft Punk Random Access Memories - Finally 1 minute ago
- › Learning more about the science of sound 2 minutes ago
- › [REVIEW] Aurisonics ASG-2 Hybrid IEM (Stealth) - Sennheiser IE800... 2 minutes ago
- › Meridian Explorer (revised version) 2 minutes ago
- › The Monoprice NEW! MP9927 PG 208.. MP8320 (MEP-933)..The $7.11 club.. 3 minutes ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW Jant71's take on the new ATH-CLR100 Pg... 4 minutes ago
- › Monoprice 8320 IEM by Taharqa
- › Fanmusic MS-E1011 by ItsMeHere
- › Audio-gd NFB-5 by citadel
- › HE-5LE by JamesHuntington
- › Kozee Sound Solutions Infinity X2 by Insight Reviews
- › JVC HA M750 by tinamou62
- › Aurisonics ASG-2 by eke2k6
- › Sennheiser HD-558 by Tr1ckster
- › Go-Dap DD Socket1 (DD/DA Converter) for iPhone & iPod... by AnakChan
- › Philips SHL5905BK/28 CitiScape Uptown by Marleybob217
- › Syncing music and making playlists work with... by Currawong
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe