I heard that the limited edition model of the at m50s looks and sounds better (i can confirm the looks) but I was wondering if it was worth the extra money.
- productAKG K167 Tiesto Closed-Back DJ Studio Headphonestagged by System, 11/11/12
- productAudio Technica ATH-A900X | Art Monitor Headphones (Japan Import)tagged by System, 11/11/12
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50s/LE Limited Edition Professional Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 11/11/12
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 11/11/12
- productM-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphonestagged by System, 11/11/12
- productSony MDR-XB700 50mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 11/11/12
- productUltrasone PRO 750tagged by System, 11/11/12
Related Forum Threads
- Moving to a new level of headphone Last post on 1/24/13 at 11:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Dubstep Headphones!?! Last post on 11/18/12 at 10:21am in Headphones (full-size)
- Picky customer in the UK - sony MDR-V6 help thread, plus recommendations? Last post on 11/17/12 at 8:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for some new Over Ear cans Last post on 11/16/12 at 4:06pm in Headphones (full-size)
- No clue of what headphones to get. Last post on 11/11/12 at 1:59am in Headphones (full-size)
I said DON'T TALK !!
i never usually write reviews, but when i do, its usually with underrated earphones/headphones, because i think they do deserve some justice. just a background, i own headphones like brainwavz,...
Rather than go into the esoteric aspects of the sound signature (not really sure if all the nomenclature actually means the same thing to everyone) I'm going to approach this review from a little...
Got a good local deal on these as the are being replaced by the SoundTrue variant, which as far as I can tell, only adds a case and different colors. The Bose AE2 are a very lightweight...
RockJaw is an up and coming headphone company from Great Britain starting strong with a huge lineup. The Alfa Genus is one of their midrange offerings and offers a certain special something that is...
Should I spend the extra money to get the ath m50s le instead of the ath m50s
Gear mentioned in this thread:
They are a bit better according to another user and considering how its only about $13 more then the normal M50 I don't see why you shouldn't get it.
Not worth the money, at all.
I would suggest a completely different headphone honestly. What are you looking for? What's your budget?
Ultrasone PRO 750
Ultrasone HFI 580
I was wondering: are those headphones you mentioned noise isolating and over ear with little leakage? I know I didn't mention that I wanted those features earlier, I was in a rush. Anyways, thanks for the help!
The only difference between the M50S and the M50 is the more expensive one has a coiled cable.
Amazon had the M50S for $110 just last week. Not quite worth the $160 as there are alternatives. But for $110 its pretty good
Bump? I also set on the m50s at the moment, but answers in this thread have slightly changed my choice. What is a good alternative between 100-200 with decent bass but also good mids and highs like the OP asked?
- Should I spend the extra money to get the ath m50s le instead of the ath m50s
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › The Stax Thread III 6 seconds ago
- › An audiophile and petrolhead's journal: Buckle up! 1 minute ago
- › Aurisonics ROCKETS: Appreciation Thread (Preliminary Impressions) 1 minute ago
- › My Logitech Z-2300 crapped out....what should I get? 2 minutes ago
- › The NEW JVC FX850..Woodie perfection?. (A review) 2 minutes ago
- › TURNTABLE SETUP Questions thread - don't start a new thread, ASK... 3 minutes ago
- › Ipod classic - rockbox - its happening. 6 minutes ago
- › PONO - Neil Youngs portable hi-res music player 6 minutes ago
- › Review of Audio Technica ATH-IM01, ATH-IM02, ATH-IM03, ATH-IM04,... 6 minutes ago
- › The Member-Judged Fine Art Head-Fi Gallery 6 minutes ago
- › Westone Elite Series ES60 by Lorias
- › Philips SHL5905BK/28 CitiScape Uptown by emanlee
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by shockdoc
- › Bose®AE2 audio headphones by Blinxat
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by Ishcabible
- › Phiaton PS 20 Half In-Ear Premium Earphone (Glossy Black) by DrikTheTroll
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Currawong
- › JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black by wpfloridian
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by VanCitySound
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by Nada190
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)