Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Audeze LCD2 Bamboo impressions
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Audeze LCD2 Bamboo impressions - Page 5

post #61 of 71
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by paradoxper View Post

I think either 3 would pair well with an LCD. HD800 has always bothered me, however with upgrading my source (which people swear is usually the problem) I'l be givin' it one more go.

 

I would really not prefer stepped attenuators, but I understand why they're in use. I believe Schiit's statement gear will be using stepped attenuators.

 

With that said, I've heard some MAJOR gripes about 'em, they're just slightly annoying. Unless you're one of those people

who have always got a hand on the knob...

A friend of mine lent me the HD800 for a week when I had the Ha-160DS, and the LCD2 for another week. I preferred the lcd2 by far. Although hd800 is a very good headphone, it was not for my tastes. 

 

If I would have had them both with the Conductor for a week, before buying the LCD2, HD800 would have put a much better fight than with the HA-160DS. 

 

I heard a lot of complaints about the stepped attenuators. A lot of people complain that it has loud clicks or just clicks when you change the volume. I, for one, have very very small clicks (or sometimes none) when I rotate the knob, but It does not bother me at all.

 

I see you have / had a lot of gear there biggrin.gif  and a lot of headphone cables. I ordered a Silver Widow from Toxic Cables just after Christmas. 

 

What differences did you encounter with your lcd2 paired the those cables?

 

I also see you have both lcd2 and lcd3 biggrin.gif . Niiiice .

 

So why do you keep both? 


Edited by dan.gheorghe - 1/6/13 at 3:51pm
post #62 of 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan.gheorghe View Post

A friend of mine lent me the HD800 for a week when I had the Ha-160DS, and the LCD2 for another week. I preferred the lcd2 by far. Although hd800 is a very good headphone, it was not for my tastes. 

 

If I would have had them both with the Conductor for a week, before buying the LCD2, HD800 would have put a much better fight than with the HA-160DS. 

 

I heard a lot of complaints about the stepped attenuators. A lot of people complain that it has loud clicks or just clicks when you change the volume. I, for one, have very very small clicks (or sometimes none) when I rotate the knob, but It does not bother me at all.

 

I see you have / had a lot of gear there biggrin.gif  and a lot of headphone cables. I ordered a Silver Widow from Toxic Cables just after Christmas. 

 

What differences did you encounter with your lcd2 paired the those cables?

 

I also see you have both lcd2 and lcd3 biggrin.gif . Niiiice .

 

So why do you keep both? 

I think those complaints come from people who didn't really know what a stepped attenuator is.

So when they hear this noise..they complain. Haha.

 

 

No comment on Toxic. We don't get along. :)

 

I'm not one for commenting on cables. Raaa Raaa. I pay for aesthetics and ergonomics.

 

Initially I kept the LCD-2 because I still used it. However unless I have unforeseen financial circumstances come about, I'll be keeping it for a different rig.

 

This is of course, once I finish up focusing on Mjolnir. 

post #63 of 71
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by paradoxper View Post

I think those complaints come from people who didn't really know what a stepped attenuator is.

So when they hear this noise..they complain. Haha.

 

 

No comment on Toxic. We don't get along. :)

 

I'm not one for commenting on cables. Raaa Raaa. I pay for aesthetics and ergonomics.

 

Initially I kept the LCD-2 because I still used it. However unless I have unforeseen financial circumstances come about, I'll be keeping it for a different rig.

 

This is of course, once I finish up focusing on Mjolnir. 

I found that Toxic had the largest appreciation thread for cables on headfi, and the happiest and most positive customer community, considering it is a cable community 

Have you tried any cable from them with Audeze?

post #64 of 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan.gheorghe View Post

I found that Toxic had the largest appreciation thread for cables on headfi, and the happiest and most positive customer community, considering it is a cable community 

Have you tried any cable from them with Audeze?

Toxic is 1 choice among a sea of other's. I use Q cables. Tried and true. Original and most comfy.

post #65 of 71
Thread Starter 

Here are my impressions on the Conductor and if you want to read my full story here.

Great pair with LCD2.
atsmile.gif

post #66 of 71

Ur top dude..i loved this review..and including ur fruends and family..priceless..i loved it.. Well done my friend..beerchug.gif

post #67 of 71

Note: To save space and not slow down the site, I edited the post quoted below. Please see the post in its entirety in this thread. - JT

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by dan.gheorghe View Post

Hello guys,


I loved my HD650 + Zu Mobius Cable+Burson ha-160ds combo.

Because of Darku and http://www.avstore.ro/ , i had some oppurtunities to hear a lot of refference class headphones, but none impressed me so much as to give away the HD650. Many headphones were better in many aspects, but the overall sound signature did not appeal to me. I was pretty sure, that if i buy other headphones, i will surely keep the HD650.
Meantime Darku got an LCD2 to pair with his HD800 and Burson HA-160D.

He had the courtesy to loan me both headphones for a week.

The LCD2 blew me away. The mids were so lush and full, the bass so well defined and tight, the highs were warm. I fell in love. I could not get them off my head. It was 3 am. I was very tired. I was saying to myself "one more song...one more song". I fell asleep on my chair in front of the computer with the headphones on the head, listening to music.
No other headphones achieved that level of performance with my ears.
My father also likes music, especially classical music. In college every time he had money he bought a vinyl. We have over 200 now. He sat down and i let him listen for over 15 minutes alone in the room. When i returned he had tears in his eyes. He found a fine interpretation of Bach sonata 3, and on these headphones, the music became very emotional.

My mother, whom is not into these kind of things and never understood this passion and the sums of money paid for it smily_headphones1.gif), was really impressed with these headphones. After she listened she begun to understand my passion, which is a major thing coming from my mother.


I have a friend that just begun to work at the national opera in Bucharest.
He has an extraordinary voice. He has sang and recorded the Tosca opera .
I gave his father to listen his interpretation on the headphones.
He was astonished, listening with his eyes closed just like my father.
He said that he liked it better on the headphones than real life.
I have convinced my wife to listen Leonard Cohen (one of her favourite artists) with lcd2. She started singing along, and then it was hard to remove the headphones off her head smily_headphones1.gif). WIth my previous headphones she walked away after the first song.
I have managed to record her listening and singing in the same time, without her seing me at first, because it was dark in the room for a better listening experience biggrin.gif


When she left, she dedicated Abbas' "Thank you for the music" song to me, as I take my hat off to Audeze and dedicate it to them.

If she knows i linked her here, she will kill me smily_headphones1.gif) , but i could not help myself, this material was gold smily_headphones1.gif)


So thank you for a great product Audeze, and thank you Avstore for becoming first authorised Audeze dealer in Romania.
I also thank you DarKu for the guidance and for introducing me the LCD2 smily_headphones1.gif , and for being a good friend!


Happy listening,

Dan

 

 

This is the nicest, sweetest post I have yet seen on Head-Fi. Thank you, Dan, so much; what pleasure you have given me. happy_face1.gif


Edited by jeffreyfranz - 2/3/13 at 9:10pm
post #68 of 71
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffreyfranz View Post

 

This is the nicest, sweetest post I have yet seen on Head-Fi. Thank you, Dan, so much; what pleasure you have given me. happy_face1.gif

Thank you for your kind words, as they really made me happy today dt880smile.png

post #69 of 71

I tried to write in your blog, but I may have goofed up. :)

post #70 of 71
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffreyfranz View Post

I tried to write in your blog, but I may have goofed up. :)

What do you mean?

post #71 of 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdogzthmn View Post

Have any LCD-2 owners used speaker amps to drive their headphones?  I currently own a First Watt F5 for use with my K1000 and I'd like to know if it's worth using with the bamboo LCD-2 I plan to pick up in the near future.  

I have banana terminated adapter for my Q Cable I tried hooking up the LCD2.2's to a Nad Receiver and it was ok, no real advantage over headphone amps. but the noise floor was a bit high.

 

I will be trying to hook it up to my Jeff Korneff 45 tube integrated (which was previously boxed up) directly to speaker taps soon, I think that combination is worth trying.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Audeze LCD2 Bamboo impressions