Head-Fi.org › Forums › Meets, Get-Togethers, Factory Tours › Local / Regional Head-Fi Meets, Parties, Get-Togethers › Official NY /Regional Spring meet, April 20 2013
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Official NY /Regional Spring meet, April 20 2013 - Page 20  

post #286 of 566

I really wanna compare that with my Maverick Audio D1+. Wanna have a small shootout where we put them next to each other and people decide?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsans View Post

Okay, I will bring that then beerchug.gif

post #287 of 566

I'm working really hard to find someone to cover me at work so that I can attend. Hopefully it all works out and I can make it again. Last time I went I had a blast.

 

I'll probably bring my Audio-gd NFB-11, my TMA-1s and my ATH-A700s. And if I have them by then, the M-100s that I'll be ordering soon direct from V-Moda. However there is a 5 week back order on the color that I want so it might be cutting it close. 


Edited by kyuuketsuki - 3/6/13 at 8:57am
post #288 of 566

I'm down to come! only live 5 minutes away!

 

I can bring anything in my list upon request.

 

Little Dot MKIV SE with a whole assortment of different tubes.

 

Schiit Bifrost with SPDIF only (I don't have SPDIFon my laptop so if someone wants to test it I need someone else to bring a USB to SPDIF converter)

 

ELE EL-D01 ($17 DAC)

 

JDS C421 with AD823A opamp

 

JDS cMoy with various opamps

 

iBasso D6 with various opamps

 

Senn HD650

 

Beyer T70

 

Ultrasone HFI-780 and Pro900

 

Yuin OK3

 

Senn MX580

 

JVC HA-S500 carbon nanotube on-ear headphones

 

 

I personally really want to try the new Beyer T90s with my LittleDot amp!

 

Also the Schiit Asgard 2!

post #289 of 566
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mab1376 View Post

I'm down to come! only live 5 minutes away!

 

 

Added to the list,You must live close to me as I am 5 minutes away from the hall.

post #290 of 566
Quote:
Originally Posted by mab1376 View Post

I'm down to come! only live 5 minutes away!

 

I can bring anything in my list upon request.

 

Little Dot MKIV SE with a whole assortment of different tubes.

 

Schiit Bifrost with SPDIF only (I don't have SPDIFon my laptop so if someone wants to test it I need someone else to bring a USB to SPDIF converter)

 

ELE EL-D01 ($17 DAC)

 

JDS C421 with AD823A opamp

 

JDS cMoy with various opamps

 

iBasso D6 with various opamps

 

Senn HD650

 

Beyer T70

 

Ultrasone HFI-780 and Pro900

 

Yuin OK3

 

Senn MX580

 

JVC HA-S500 carbon nanotube on-ear headphones

 

 

I personally really want to try the new Beyer T90s with my LittleDot amp!

 

Also the Schiit Asgard 2!

 

 

Carbon nanotubes?????  That sounds like something I'd like to see.

post #291 of 566
Quote:
Originally Posted by cat6man View Post

 

 

Carbon nanotubes?????  That sounds like something I'd like to see.

 

and they're only $45 on amazon! import from Japan only. They sound really great! I'll surely bring em by.

 


Edited by mab1376 - 3/6/13 at 10:52am
post #292 of 566
Quote:
Originally Posted by cat6man View Post
Carbon nanotubes?????  That sounds like something I'd like to see.

As opposed to sounding like something you'd like to hear? :p

post #293 of 566

Carbon nanotubes are very good for black backgrounds. 

 

I'l be here all week, tip the waiters. 

 

Cant wait for meet. 

post #294 of 566

According to the specs they can handle up to 1w of power, and i turned them all the way on my c421 on low gain and there was surprisingly very little distortion, couldn't tell 100% because i obviously couldn't keep them on my ears at that volume, but overall pretty impressive.

post #295 of 566

just like m8o....back to the obsession.  what better place to start than this meet.

 

last one i went to what in Tarrytown...when was that????

 

thanks for setting it up Boze.

post #296 of 566

If there's still room, I'd love to come.

post #297 of 566
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by JD1993 View Post

If there's still room, I'd love to come.


Plenty of Room.
post #298 of 566

I also just picked up a PS Audio Digital Link III DAC with Parts Connexion Level 2 Mods if anyone is interested in demoing it.

 

Modified by Chris Johnson (of Sonic Frontiers and Anthem fame) at Parts Connexion in Canada to improve the noise floor and frequency extremes.  Modifications include:
 
4 International Rectifier soft recovery diodes
6 Nichicon ES Capacitors
28 Takman Carbon Film Resistors
DH Labs Solid Core Pure Silver wire
Soundcoat chassis damping
ERS EMI/RFI suppression film
WBT Gold Plated Copper RCA jacks
Dexa UWB Regulators
SilverStar Audiophile Fuse

Edited by mab1376 - 3/11/13 at 9:20am
post #299 of 566

Also, I'd be able to bring my VMODA Crossfade LP's, my Philips Citiscape Uptown, and my Sennheiser HD 598's, if anyone wants to try them. 

post #300 of 566
Quote:
Originally Posted by JD1993 View Post

Also, I'd be able to bring my VMODA Crossfade LP's, my Philips Citiscape Uptown, and my Sennheiser HD 598's, if anyone wants to try them. 

Been dying to try the LPs ever since I got my V-80s.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Meets, Get-Togethers, Factory Tours › Local / Regional Head-Fi Meets, Parties, Get-Togethers › Official NY /Regional Spring meet, April 20 2013