Head-Fi.org › Forums › Meets, Get-Togethers, Factory Tours › Local / Regional Head-Fi Meets, Parties, Get-Togethers › Official NY /Regional Spring meet, April 20 2013
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Official NY /Regional Spring meet, April 20 2013 - Page 12  

post #166 of 566

Later today I will start a list of things people wanna see or are bringing on my post on the first page (post #2).

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC LeBron 23 View Post

I'm in...is there any way of knowing which headphones will be there??? I'm interested in 5 headphones. Ultrasone pro 900, audio technica 700mk2, v moda m100, ue 9000, and universal jh16 pro. Can anyone confirm if any of these headphones will be there? I'm about an hour and a half from Babylon NY, so any info on this would be great so I don't drive up if none of these cans will be there.

Mike.
post #167 of 566
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asr View Post

I'm going to be trying to make this meet, thanks for organizing boze! Hopefully I'll be able to make it. Gear situation totally unknown, but as always I'll bring a camera. wink.gif

Camera is good enough,your pics are always great.

post #168 of 566

Yaay Steve! 

post #169 of 566

Just updated post #3. Has a list of everyones requests and equipment they've said they'd bring. 

post #170 of 566

I'm going to do my dangest to make this one, DaveDerek's been bugging me for eons to make one. 

 

Not sure if I'll be bringing equipment, I hope to; but some liquid refreshments of Scottish origin are very likely (if allowed) smile.gif

post #171 of 566
Could you please clarify what it means to bring something to a meet? I'll be more than happy to bring my limited gear, but I'd really like to avoid having to either babysit it or worry about it taking a walk.

The following could be made available:
  1. RSA SR-71B
  2. Millett MiniMax (provided my build is successful)
  3. Objective2 (again, provided my build is successful)
  4. CMoyBB v2.03R

I'd love to hear a Centrance HiFi M8 if anyone's received theirs by then. I've opted to wait for some listening impressions with IEMs before taking the plunge on that one.

Thanks.
post #172 of 566

Means you're gonna bring it. Read over the last few pages, we've discussed the nature of bringing things to meets. I would love to hear that RSA SR-71B.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chexxchexx View Post

Could you please clarify what it means to bring something to a meet? I'll be more than happy to bring my limited gear, but I'd really like to avoid having to either babysit it or worry about it taking a walk.

The following could be made available:
  1. RSA SR-71B
  2. Millett MiniMax (provided my build is successful)
  3. Objective2 (again, provided my build is successful)
  4. CMoyBB v2.03R

I'd love to hear a Centrance HiFi M8 if anyone's received theirs by then. I've opted to wait for some listening impressions with IEMs before taking the plunge on that one.

Thanks.
post #173 of 566

Quote:

Originally Posted by kenman345 View Post

Just updated post #3. Has a list of everyones requests and equipment they've said they'd bring. 


kick azz!  great compilation!

post #174 of 566
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenman345 View Post

Means you're gonna bring it. Read over the last few pages, we've discussed the nature of bringing things to meets. I would love to hear that RSA SR-71B.....

I've read every post in the thread and even went back to re-read the last three pages and don't believe I've seen anything to answer my specific question. How about if I trade you the right to listen to my 71B in exchange for an answer to my question? tongue.gif
post #175 of 566

It's a take it at your own risk, but most of the people you will find quite nice. Last meet-up lots of gear was brought and left on a table and at the end of the day everyone had put everything back in its place. I wouldnt worry too much

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chexxchexx View Post

I've read every post in the thread and even went back to re-read the last three pages and don't believe I've seen anything to answer my specific question. How about if I trade you the right to listen to my 71B in exchange for an answer to my question? tongue.gif
post #176 of 566
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chexxchexx View Post
Could you please clarify what it means to bring something to a meet? I'll be more than happy to bring my limited gear, but I'd really like to avoid having to either babysit it or worry about it taking a walk.

 

You bring your gear, find an empty spot on an available table (usually table space is on a first-come first-served basis), and set up your "personal display" for anyone to hear. So usually it's best if you have a complete system to bring - source, amp, headphones. If you don't have either source or headphones, then you find someone else's source & headphones to hijack off. You'll find that most Head-Fiers will be very accommodating in that aspect - I've done it myself lots of times. Of course if you intend on hijacking off someone else's gear, bring spare cables!

 

You should only "babysit" your gear if there's some operational issue that you think needs to be supervised; otherwise you should mingle! The only people that really need to babysit their gear are MOTs for obvious reasons. The point of a meet is what it says, to "meet" your fellow Head-Fiers. You can't easily do that if you're sitting behind your table. I recommend always sitting in front of someone else's table. smile.gif


Edited by Asr - 1/22/13 at 7:49pm
post #177 of 566
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenman345 View Post

It's a take it at your own risk, but most of the people you will find quite nice. Last meet-up lots of gear was brought and left on a table and at the end of the day everyone had put everything back in its place. I wouldnt worry too much

Gotcha. Thank you. Hopefully you'll enjoy auditioning the 71B. smily_headphones1.gif
post #178 of 566
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asr View Post

You bring your gear, find an empty spot on an available table (usually table space is on a first-come first-served basis), and set up your "personal display" for anyone to hear. So usually it's best if you have a complete system to bring - source, amp, headphones. If you don't have either source or headphones, then you find someone else's source & headphones to hijack off. You'll find that most Head-Fiers will be very accommodating in that aspect - I've done it myself lots of times. Of course if you intend on hijacking off someone else's gear, bring spare cables!

You should only "babysit" your gear if there's some operational issue that you think needs to be supervised; otherwise you should mingle! The only people that really need to babysit their gear are MOTs for obvious reasons. The point of a meet is what it says, to "meet" your fellow Head-Fiers. You can't easily do that if you're sitting behind your table. I recommend always sitting in front of someone else's table. smile.gif

Interesting. Thanks for the info. My goal is, indeed, to meet people and listen to other peoples' gear.

I was thinking that most people would be walking around with their personal set of headphones around their necks. I guess I'll have to hijack as, by design, I don't have much gear (bit of a neat freak and don't like to waste money) so won't have much to bring in the way of cables and such.

My long-term intention is to have one portable setup (currently iPhone 4S -> LOD -> RSA SR-71-B -> Moon Audio Silver Dragon v1 IEM cable - > JH13 Pro Freqphase) and another for sharable, home listening (ideally a tube-based setup with high-end over-the-ear headphones).
post #179 of 566

I'll be bringing a foobar-->HUD-MX1 dac --> Emmline HR-2 setup. My "big guns" are IEMs but I'll bring along a Grado 60i and ATH-M50. I might upgrade the dac before the meet, who knows!

post #180 of 566

I'll bring:

HD800

EC Super 7

PWD2

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Meets, Get-Togethers, Factory Tours › Local / Regional Head-Fi Meets, Parties, Get-Togethers › Official NY /Regional Spring meet, April 20 2013