Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Ocharaku Flat-4 KAEDE (Maple)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Ocharaku Flat-4 KAEDE (Maple) - Page 54

post #796 of 1093

double post


Edited by sup3r8 - 7/12/13 at 2:02pm
post #797 of 1093
Quote:
Originally Posted by music_4321 View Post

 

A very similar case here to the KC track above I posted nearly a week ago (i.e. issues with how this particular album was recorded [this one live in the studio] and, therefore, not sounding that great on most phones); the excellent EX1000s being the first to manage to salvage this track sonically. Once again, it's the KAEDEs doing a superb job and taking the sonics of this track a step further even (the bass, more than ever, sounds almost like, er, a real bass…: http://grooveshark.com/#!/s/Newborn/1RvN4W?src=5

 

(…and here a pretty interesting live version of the same track [live on Spanish TV in 2001]: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=verrGuElWfI — this is before Muse became the big stars they later became [and in the last few years—as it so often happens—having lost quite a bit of that fresh raw energy AND creativity found on those 2nd & 3rd albums of theirs [even if somewhat derivative musically])

so, music_4321-  the Kaede is closer in presentation to the EX1000 than the K3003 ?

post #798 of 1093
Did you get your Kaede yet?
post #799 of 1093
Quote:
Originally Posted by sup3r8 View Post

so, music_4321-  the Kaede is closer in presentation to the EX1000 than the K3003 ?

 

Yes and no (but do bear in mind I haven't heard the EX1000s for ~1.5 years — the EX1000, FWIW, being the only IEM, along with the excellent MDR-7550, btw, I've been tempted to buy again, but ultimately knew I'd hardly use them as I had better already [K3003 & FI-BA-SS]).

 

The EX1000 is / was a fantastic IEM but, to me, the KAEDEs play in almost the same league as the K3003s (unlike the Sonys), and at times simply surpass them (and even my beloved HD800s). Perhaps they are in the same league, after all, but I just find the AKGs more correct from a FR standpoint and an overall better sonic package. I'm open to the possibility that, at this stage, quite possibly (an unconscious) part of me is still not willing to admit / accept the KAEDEs actually do play in the same league, just different flavours.

The KAEDEs share that impressive (practically unmatched) low-end response of the EX1000s, but take it a bit further in realism / convincingness. They share the fact they have a treble spike, but I hardly ever find the KAEDE's top-end offensive (even at higher volumes most of the time) like I did with the EX1000s on several poorly mastered / recorded albums. In that sense they are closer to the K3003s, which, like the HD800s, have a spike but perform admirably with all sorts of music and mastering / recording types. They even share, to some extent, what I viewed as the Sony's somewhat thinnish midrange (perhaps due to a very slight lift needed in the Sony's mid & upper bass / lower mids, in my view).

The soundstage on the KAEDEs may share more with the K3003s (read: not only excellent width, but better depth) than the Sony's impressive width, but the KAEDE's soundstage is even a little more enveloping / 3-D.


Edited by music_4321 - 7/12/13 at 2:40pm
post #800 of 1093
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee730 View Post

Did you get your Kaede yet?

Im 15 minutes from having them. On my way home..;)

post #801 of 1093
Quote:
Originally Posted by music_4321 View Post

 

Yes and no (but do bear in mind I haven't heard the EX1000s for ~1.5 years — the EX1000, FWIW, being the only IEM, along with the excellent MDR-7550, btw, I've been tempted to buy again, but ultimately knew I'd hardly use them as I had better already [K3003 & FI-BA-SS]).

 

The EX1000 is / was a fantastic IEM but, to me, the KAEDEs play in almost the same league as the K3003s (unlike the Sonys), and at times simply surpass them (and even my beloved HD800s). Perhaps they are in the same league, after all, but I just find the AKGs more correct from a FR standpoint and an overall better sonic package. I'm open to the possibility that, at this stage, quite possibly (an unconscious) part of me is still not willing to admit / accept the KAEDEs actually do play in the same league, just different flavours.

The KAEDEs share that impressive (practically unmatched) low-end response of the EX1000s, but take it a bit further in realism / convincingness. They share the fact they have a treble spike, but I hardly ever find the KAEDE's top-end offensive (even at higher volumes most of the time) like I did with the EX1000s on several poorly mastered / recorded albums. In that sense they are closer to the K3003s, which, like the HD800s, have a spike but perform admirably with all sorts of music and mastering / recording types. They even share, to some extent, what I viewed as the Sony's somewhat thinnish midrange (perhaps due to a very slight lift needed in the Sony's mid & upper bass / lower mids, in my view).

The soundstage on the KAEDEs may share more with the K3003s (read: not only excellent width, but better depth) than the Sony's impressive width, but the KAEDE's soundstage is even a little more enveloping / 3-D.

Thanks Music for your valuable impressions !..Im on the verge of listening to them..off from work now..its a friday with the KAEDE !..kinda rhymes too..lol

post #802 of 1093
Quote:
Originally Posted by sup3r8 View Post

Im 15 minutes from having them. On my way home..wink.gif

Good to hear. I'll feel much better once you have them in hand smily_headphones1.gif.
Edited by lee730 - 7/12/13 at 3:56pm
post #803 of 1093
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee730 View Post

G
Good to hear. I'll feel much better once you have them in hand smily_headphones1.gif.

In my hands..beyersmile.png

post #804 of 1093
Quote:
Originally Posted by sup3r8 View Post

In my hands..beyersmile.png

 

Thank goodness! You happy? :).

post #805 of 1093
Music_4321,

As I type this, my lawyers are drafting a cease and desist letter against you. For the last week or so you've done nothing but rave about the KAEDE, an iem I can't responsibly afford. Given that I have had a taste of the SUI, it only makes my lust stronger. I have had to satiate myself by viciously beating my dog, who in turn bites my legs while I sleep.

If you do not cease this madness, my dog and I will be forced to sue you for the sum of your medical expenses, along with the emotional trauma caused by your reckless impressions.

You have been warned.
post #806 of 1093

lol @ eke. They are very good. If you want even more refinement over the Sui the Kaede is the ticket.

post #807 of 1093
Quote:
Originally Posted by music_4321 View Post

 

A very similar case here to the KC track above I posted nearly a week ago (i.e. issues with how this particular album was recorded [this one live in the studio] and, therefore, not sounding that great on most phones); the excellent EX1000s being the first to manage to salvage this track sonically. Once again, it's the KAEDEs doing a superb job and taking the sonics of this track a step further even (the bass, more than ever, sounds almost like, er, a real bass…: http://grooveshark.com/#!/s/Newborn/1RvN4W?src=5

 

(…and here a pretty interesting live version of the same track [live on Spanish TV in 2001]: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=verrGuElWfI — this is before Muse became the big stars they later became [and in the last few years—as it so often happens—having lost quite a bit of that fresh raw energy AND creativity found on those 2nd & 3rd albums of theirs [even if somewhat derivative musically])

 

Now that is some Music! We might be able to get along, after all. Seems a bit bright/sibilant with my Kaedes. Do I need more break in time or is it my source?? (And yes, I used my wav's from my rips).

post #808 of 1093
Quote:
Originally Posted by eke2k6 View Post

Music_4321,

As I type this, my lawyers are drafting a cease and desist letter against you. For the last week or so you've done nothing but rave about the KAEDE, an iem I can't responsibly afford. Given that I have had a taste of the SUI, it only makes my lust stronger. I have had to satiate myself by viciously beating my dog, who in turn bites my legs while I sleep.

If you do not cease this madness, my dog and I will be forced to sue you for the sum of your medical expenses, along with the emotional trauma caused by your reckless impressions.

You have been warned.

 

 

eke, first off, it's music_4321 (no capital "M", please [silly, I know!]).

Well, seems the jury is still out about whether the SUIs & KAEDEs are very close sonically — I still think they are close, but the question is, just how close are they? My guess is still this might be a case not unlike that of the EX600 & EX1000 or FI-BA-SB & FI-BA-SS (but who knows, really, as the F4s were not released at the same time and, as noted before, there might have been some tweaking / slight improvements on the KAEDes, apart from the obvious maple wood vs aluminium thing).

 

Now, seems the KAEDEs are now almost a collectors' item, so I'll say the same thing to you I said to fiascogarcia: the KURO might be a great IEM and, for all you know, you may find it just as good or even slightly better than the KAEDEs if you could audition both. And again, ~$600 is a lot of money already! Or wait a little longer until we get more KURO impressions. You love your new ASG-2s as well as the Senn IE800—the latter, I believe, you prefer over the SUIs, and the Aurisonics over the Senns—so all the more reason to be cautious. My guess is more people might still choose the 334s over the KAEDEs, for instance, but not me, so my own preferences here is something to consider, ie while you might really like the KAEDEs / KUROs a lot, you might still (eventually) wonder whether it was a good idea to spend all that money on a phone that might not dethrone your ASG-2s.

Or……. just get those bleeding KUROs now so I can get your solicitors off my back while giving back your dog the life he deserves!
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodcans View Post

 

Now that is some Music! We might be able to get along, after all.

 

Oh yes, I knew that certain HF'ers of the dubious & sleazy kind might enjoy that one — oh well…

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodcans View Post

 

... Seems a bit bright/sibilant with my Kaedes. Do I need more break in time or is it my source?? (And yes, I used my wav's from my rips).



I think it's more the recording itself that is the culprit here—don't forget I said that both tracks (the KC & Muse tracks) presented problems with many phones due to the way they were recorded and/or mastered—, but the KAEDEs do play their part in this, too, obviously. However, I'm personally not affected / 'offended' by the sibilance on this track, though it clearly is more apparent than on many others — guess in a way that's the price one pays for a phone like this that extracts so much out of a recording. But this also links to something I mentioned a few days ago: our personal tolerances (to certain frequencies) / thresholds.

post #809 of 1093
Quote:
Originally Posted by music_4321 View Post


Blah blah blah

Well true, but I was telling James the other day that I'd take the flat-4 over the ie800 because the former moved me more. It was almost as esoteric as the FAD PF.

You've been warned.
post #810 of 1093
Quote:
Originally Posted by eke2k6 View Post


Well true, but I was telling James the other day that I'd take the flat-4 over the ie800 because the former moved me more.

 

As would I from considerable experience (and growing in relation to the KAEDA).

 

There are some exceptions though. While I found the soundstage of the IE800 to be generally a bit thick and congested, it does a wonderful job with certain thinly or poorly recorded rock. For the past few months I have been discovering and loving the Replacements. It is not sophisticated stuff in terms of instrumentation - not a lot of excitement in the soundstage - and while the recording improved by the album Tim, it is all a bit thin sounding. Paul Westerberg is nonetheless the real deal; it is amazing music. It sounds great on the IE800 which fills everything out. The KAEDE if anything emphasizes the shortcomings in the arrangements and recording.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Ocharaku Flat-4 KAEDE (Maple)