Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Ocharaku Flat-4 KAEDE (Maple)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Ocharaku Flat-4 KAEDE (Maple) - Page 53

post #781 of 1092
Quote:
Originally Posted by music_4321 View Post

Never mind, James. Honestly. Please don't bother (waste time) testing the track above (I do mean it). I know what I'm hearing and all I can say is either the SUIs & KEADEs are more different than you and I thought, we're getting a different fit… or we simply value the strengths (and weaknesses) of these seemingly very similarly sounding phones differently. I really think the KAEDEs are an exceptionally good sounding phone (though, as noted already, not perfect).

Anyway, as it often happens, I had one of my many playlists on random mode, and these two tracks came on: http://grooveshark.com/#!/s/Hell+Of+A+Life/3mqJtM?src=5 and http://grooveshark.com/#!/s/Glory+Electricity/2v6Ndr?src=5

… and then it just suddenly dawned on me, "Wait, I know what I've been hearing all along, and what I've been hearing is seriously good. If people recognise the quality of the KAEDEs / F4s, great, if not, cool — who cares about whether people agree with me or not, anyway? My credibility (or lack thereof) matters little to me, TBH" One thing I've always appreciated about you, as you well know, is that you tell it like it is (unlike others who claim to do do)—and that is quite rare in this place with so much bias and plenty of BS—and you also know you and I haven't always quite agreed, but, more often than not, we often have. All I can say, though, is that if these two F4 models are sonically very, very close, the little respect I had for you has now completely gone out the window!

 

No worries, striktly speaking we don't disagree, 'cause I'm talking about the SUI and you're talking about the KAEDE. If it hadn't been for members who've heard both and said they're sonically close, I wouldn't have made my posts in the first place. (I disagree with you about your take on on Rin's work though, but that's a different and OT matter.)

 

Anyway, to wrap up my thoughts (knowing you've read my earlier comparison to the FX700), I don't regard the SUI as giant killers, but neither as bad phones. However, their sonic performance wasn't at all impressive enough to make me lust for the twice as expensive KAEDE, especially in light of their alleged similarity. So I'll just leave it at that, as an inquiring mind I'd be admittedly curious about how the KAEDE would measure compared to the SUI, but I can very well live without an answer to that question. smile_phones.gif

post #782 of 1092
Quote:
Originally Posted by james444 View Post

 

No worries, striktly speaking we don't disagree, 'cause I'm talking about the SUI and you're talking about the KAEDE. If it hadn't been for members who've heard both and said they're sonically close, I wouldn't have made my posts in the first place. (I disagree with you about your take on on Rin's work though, but that's a different and OT matter.)

 

Anyway, to wrap up my thoughts (knowing you've read my earlier comparison to the FX700), I don't regard the SUI as giant killers, but neither as bad phones. However, their sonic performance wasn't at all impressive enough to make me lust for the twice as expensive KAEDE, especially in light of their alleged similarity. So I'll just leave it at that, as an inquiring mind I'd be admittedly curious about how the KAEDE would measure compared to the SUI, but I can very well live without an answer to that question. smile_phones.gif

 

It makes me wonder as well.... Differences in fit, quality control? I actually liked my Sui better than the Kaede. So I'll be keeping my Sui most likely. This is going from memory of course but I was addicted to the Sui. I listened to it for 2 or more weeks straight and didn't touch my other gear. With the Kaede after the first day I was just packing it away and listening to the 1Plus2. I also much prefer the Sui to the FX700. The FX700 was just too bass heavy and its treble too prominent for reasonable volume levels. Now at very low volume levels it was one of the best IEMs I've heard at giving you all the detail (superb imaging). But for me that was when I was in the mood for such low volume listening. At other times I'd like to listen at normal volumes and it was never possible with the overwhelming treble and bass. It's a shame though because if they balanced out the bass and treble to the mids I'd most likely own an FX700s still. :(


Edited by lee730 - 7/10/13 at 9:18pm
post #783 of 1092
Quote:
Originally Posted by james444 View Post

 

No worries, striktly speaking we don't disagree, 'cause I'm talking about the SUI and you're talking about the KAEDE. If it hadn't been for members who've heard both and said they're sonically close, I wouldn't have made my posts in the first place. (I disagree with you about your take on on Rin's work though, but that's a different and OT matter.)

 

Anyway, to wrap up my thoughts (knowing you've read my earlier comparison to the FX700), I don't regard the SUI as giant killers, but neither as bad phones. However, their sonic performance wasn't at all impressive enough to make me lust for the twice as expensive KAEDE, especially in light of their alleged similarity. So I'll just leave it at that, as an inquiring mind I'd be admittedly curious about how the KAEDE would measure compared to the SUI, but I can very well live without an answer to that question. smile_phones.gif

 

Hope you get to audition the KAEDEs one day, anyway.

(As for R's work, I don't think we disagree as much as you think and, in fact, perhaps we might actually look at his work rather similarly (read: I do value his work but not the use of his work / findings by one particular person who has effectively become what I call a fundamentalist (in the full sense of the term), a person who has wreaked havoc in several threads with his pronouncements and attitude.)


Edited by music_4321 - 7/11/13 at 12:03am
post #784 of 1092

Here's a track I hadn't tested yet with my F4s, a track I regard as a true masterpiece. (*Ok, then, guess it's time now to raise a few eyebrows*) Although I haven't done a side-by-side comparison with my HD800s (or K3003s), I'm quite convinced this track is rendered more convincingly by the KAEDEs (using my MBP & V200) — simply astonishing, really: http://grooveshark.com/#!/s/Beautiful+As+The+Moon+Terrible+As+An+Army+With+Banners/4EbHcU?src=5

(Note: For those (few) who may think music_4321 is a prog-head—yes, it's happened to him quite a few times—, sorry to possibly disappoint you, but he's not [though it must be said that strictly speaking Henry Cow were never really a part of the genre that eventually came to be known as "prog(ressive) rock"], but some of our awfully charming sparrow's favourite music does indeed fall under that heading / subgenre])

post #785 of 1092

OK, I've lost track of this thread.  Is the KAEDE even available anymore?  Is there continued manufacturing of these?  Thanks!


Edited by fiascogarcia - 7/11/13 at 10:27am
post #786 of 1092
There's apparently a last batch of the phones for sale, but once they're done, they're done, as the Kaede is sourced from a single batch of wood to ensure consistency in aesthetics and SQ. I'm quite surprised that any of these phones are even still out in the wild given the supremely low number that were made (200)
post #787 of 1092
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idsynchrono_24 View Post

There's apparently a last batch of the phones for sale, but once they're done, they're done, as the Kaede is sourced from a single batch of wood to ensure consistency in aesthetics and SQ. I'm quite surprised that any of these phones are even still out in the wild given the supremely low number that were made (200)

 

I was under the impression they are sold out already? The person who bought my pair from me told me this to my knowledge? That Dmirtri has a single pair that he will be auctioning off (lol).

post #788 of 1092
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiascogarcia View Post

OK, I've lost track of this thread.  Is the KAEDE even available anymore?  Is there continued manufacturing of these?  Thanks!

 

A word of warning: Just in case you were wondering—after looking at your two previous posts—I'm not saying the KAEDEs are equal SQ-wise to, let alone better than, the HD800s (or K3003s). BUT, the KAEDEs are without a doubt, to these ears, one of the finest phones I've heard, and when they do things right (or mostly right), they can match—or surpass even—the best phones I've heard. Oh, and they get things right not so infrequently: http://grooveshark.com/#!/s/Try+Whistling+This/4I8oOY?src=5

 

Perhaps judging by your own self-declared lack of experience, if you're very, very keen on getting a pair KAEDEs, the KUROs might be a great / more suitable choice — for all you know if you had both, you might actually prefer the cheaper phone; and if not convinced in the end, I'm sure you could sell them and not go bankrupt in the process — ~$600 for the KUROs is already a hell of a lot of money!


Edited by music_4321 - 7/11/13 at 12:01pm
post #789 of 1092
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee730 View Post

 

I was under the impression they are sold out already? The person who bought my pair from me told me this to my knowledge? That Dmirtri has a single pair that he will be auctioning off (lol).

That would be correct.

Dimitri has mentioned it on his website maybe a couple of days ago..

http://www.musicaacoustics.com/wp/headphones/ocharaku-flat4-sui/

Starting bid amount to be 898 USD...popcorn.gif

 

 


Edited by sup3r8 - 7/11/13 at 12:13pm
post #790 of 1092
Quote:

Ocharaku Flat 4 (Maple-Kaede) 

Update July 8:  we have one last Kaede available and it up for Auction  for Charitable sale which will be held on July 13th/14

It will be a bid type auction sale.

Winning bidder will get the world’s last unit of Kaede

Any one interested in participating in this even, please send Dimitri a message to trush@musicaacoustics.com

bid amount. Currentl bid is :  $898USd

all incoming bids will be collected. The list of all bidders will be updated once a day

Auction closing date Sunday July 14th mid night.

Monday July 15th winner of this Charitable sale will be announced on this page

as well as Facebook page and Hot News page

 The winner will be announced Monday in this page as well on Head-fi Kaede thread.

Please support this charitable auction. Any one participating in this auction will receive a Gift from MusicaAcoustics as gratitude for your disposition to support this Event.

Money collected for this sale will be used to fund “audiophiles in need among other things”

Thank you for your attention and looking forward to  your bids!

Att: Dmitri Trush, founder and Music lover, Musician and President of DnY Co !

post #791 of 1092
Quote:
Originally Posted by sup3r8 View Post

That would be correct.

Dimitri has mentioned it on his website maybe a couple of days ago..

http://www.musicaacoustics.com/wp/headphones/ocharaku-flat4-sui/

Starting bid amount to be 898 USD...popcorn.gif

 

 

 

I can see this going for the updated Tera player prices ;).


Edited by lee730 - 7/11/13 at 12:45pm
post #792 of 1092

Unless it's a Zen thing, you would have to think that there would be wood of the same density and porosity available for ongoing production, or possibly this is the opportunity to create new sound signatures with each new block of wood used?  Or maybe he's just sick of making tiny headphones all day long......for now!.

post #793 of 1092
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee730 View Post

 

I can see this going for the updated Tera player prices ;).

 

...or more...

post #794 of 1092
Quote:
Originally Posted by music_4321 View Post

 

A word of warning: Just in case you were wondering—after looking at your two previous posts—I'm not saying the KAEDEs are equal SQ-wise to, let alone better than, the HD800s (or K3003s). BUT, the KAEDEs are without a doubt, to these ears, one of the finest phones I've heard, and when they do things right (or mostly right), they can match—or surpass even—the best phones I've heard. Oh, and they get things right not so infrequently: http://grooveshark.com/#!/s/Try+Whistling+This/4I8oOY?src=5

 

Perhaps judging by your own self-declared lack of experience, if you're very, very keen on getting a pair KAEDEs, the KUROs might be a great / more suitable choice — for all you know if you had both, you might actually prefer the cheaper phone; and if not convinced in the end, I'm sure you could sell them and not go bankrupt in the process — ~$600 for the KUROs is already a hell of a lot of money!

 

Excellent point!  I'm no doubt better off using the "crawl, walk, run" methodology for this type of investment.  I think the widely divergent descriptions of the sound of these phones caused curiosity to get the better of me!

post #795 of 1092
Quote:
Originally Posted by music_4321 View Post


Well, here's a very, very, very pleasant surprise — and apologies in advance to eke & ianmedium (if the latter's following this thread) for the choice of music in this post.

 

Okay now, there's this terribly underrated KC album, underrated due, I'm positive, to the questionable sonics: the whole album was recorded on DAT (on purpose, it later transpired, for a number of reasons) and then mixed, but there's only so much you can do under the circumstances… Anyway, the album tends to often sound a bit too congested, to put it mildly, on most phones. My K3003s do a decent job, but it was through the EX1000s that I first almost enjoyed the actual sonics presented here. Now, the Kaedes, for some strange reason only known to them, manage to squeeze a bit of extra sonic juice — brilliant, I say!

 

So, here's a track from the album, a track that sounds pretty congested / poor on most (good) phones, making it difficult for the true qualities of the music to 'come to the surface': http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYG4ycwtUSo The WAV version I'm listening to now out of my MBP > V200 > Keade obviously sounds better still. (Note to woodcans: the piano part from 4:12 onwards is actually a guitar played by RF)

 

A very similar case here to the KC track above I posted nearly a week ago (i.e. issues with how this particular album was recorded [this one live in the studio] and, therefore, not sounding that great on most phones); the excellent EX1000s being the first to manage to salvage this track sonically. Once again, it's the KAEDEs doing a superb job and taking the sonics of this track a step further even (the bass, more than ever, sounds almost like, er, a real bass…: http://grooveshark.com/#!/s/Newborn/1RvN4W?src=5

 

(…and here a pretty interesting live version of the same track [live on Spanish TV in 2001]: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=verrGuElWfI — this is before Muse became the big stars they later became [and in the last few years—as it so often happens—having lost quite a bit of that fresh raw energy AND creativity found on those 2nd & 3rd albums of theirs [even if somewhat derivative musically])


Edited by music_4321 - 7/12/13 at 1:09pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Ocharaku Flat-4 KAEDE (Maple)